This is ridiculous, totally forgot. :/

Prev13
I think CG should fix the GAC join mechanism. I accidentally clicked join, so now I'm screwed with gearing any chars right? :/

Replies

• Yeah, you done f'd up
  • Yeah, you done f'd up

Lol, ****! I knew it. :/

It's very upsetting I have to tell ya! I was just about to G12 a char now I'm screwed. :(

I really think it should go back to how it was.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they can make a "leave" feature like there is in TW.

• Kyno wrote: »
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they can make a "leave" feature like there is in TW.

Yeah, that would be nice. It sucks tho, I'm soo mad at myself for clicking that dang join button! Haha. Like, I knew better also, I knew that I'd have to join at the last minute pretty much, since the start of round 1 lol.
  • Better than being one of those ppl who waits till the last minute then forgets or something goes wrong...
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Better than being one of those ppl who waits till the last minute then forgets or something goes wrong...

Yeah, that's another reason they should change it back, this new way just seems to promote too many ugly things haha.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    xPat3678x wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yeah, that would be nice. It sucks tho, I'm soo mad at myself for clicking that dang join button! Haha. Like, I knew better also, I knew that I'd have to join at the last minute pretty much, since the start of round 1 lol.

It was asked if they could at least add a pop up confirmation to avoid that. I wonder how this will play out.
  • They need to change it back!!
  • Yes they do! It's very upsetting!

It was asked if they could at least add a pop up confirmation to avoid that. I wonder how this will play out.

We def need something like that! Lol
  • Yes, change it back! I would much rather there be a marginally higher chance of encountering a cheater. Their solution to the problem is, in my opinion, more problematic than the issue they were trying to fix.
  • Yes, change it back! I would much rather there be a marginally higher chance of encountering a cheater. Their solution to the problem is, in my opinion, more problematic than the issue they were trying to fix.

Was cheating the reason for it?
  • Something Needs to change! I accidentally pressed join with mods off on a key character and now I am stuck for a week!?! This is not okay to leave as is
  • KalHorn wrote: »
    Something Needs to change! I accidentally pressed join with mods off on a key character and now I am stuck for a week!?! This is not okay to leave as is

See! Exactly my point of this thread! It really was an accident pressing join and I'm screwed now too. I feel for you bud.. :/
  • xPat3678x wrote: »
    KalHorn wrote: »
    Something Needs to change! I accidentally pressed join with mods off on a key character and now I am stuck for a week!?! This is not okay to leave as is

See! Exactly my point of this thread! It really was an accident pressing join and I'm screwed now too. I feel for you bud.. :/

I get it's a pain that we have to get used to it, but I don't think you can claim it's an accident.

You saw a join button, and you pressed it. On purpose. All by yourself.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

I get it's a pain that we have to get used to it, but I don't think you can claim it's an accident.

I understand what you're saying, yes I did click it, but was not paying attention and it went too fast I was thinking too much about looking at feats and you have to join to look at them and didn't realize I screwed myself until it was too late.
  • xPat3678x wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

but was not paying attention

You've identified your problem, so you can avoid it in the future.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's not ideal, but better than people adding stuff or swapping mods after the matchmaking is done. And honestly, be glad that it works as stated.
  • Don’t have to join to look at feats. Just click the tab above the join button.
  • But this new “feature” of roster locking on join is nothing short of an atrocity.
  • Manumicio
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    couldn't CG just implement a "update" button if leave & join isn't a option? (for whatever reason...)
    And that the roster lock mechanism works differently in TW and GAC might also be confusing.
    I'm not a Dev, so i'm not aware of what the technical difficulties this might bring with it, but it sounds basically like a simple thing, but again, i don't know the dependencies etc.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Why are people even complaining about this? You know now that it locks your roster upon clicking "join". Soooo, just don't click it until you are ready. Problem solved. If it was accidental then you just need to be more careful. I'm not saying that not having a "leave" or "refresh" button is great, but how hard is it to NOT press a button? To be honest, I didn't even know (or wasn't sure at least) until recently that you could join GAC multiple times and refresh your roster for the upcoming match. Ever since GA got introduced I thought that once you click join, your roster is locked for the event. So basically I've been treating it the way it is now without even knowing it, and I never had a problem. Just be careful and don't click join until you are 100% sure that you are ready.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    This just got worse. My guildmate couldn't understand why he have Enter button instead of Join. Accidental join - of course. That's what we thought. I checked mine GAC and there was Join button all right.
    Minutes ago another guy had the same problem. I just checked my GAC again and what? No Join button, but Enter.

Not only game doesn't allow to leave and reenter to refresh the stats. Now it started to join players by itself! Wow.

Screens below are separated by about 3 hours. I DID NOT join GAC, because i wanted to gear some characters up before it starts. Game decided the other way.

Quo vadis, Capital Games..

ptb8k0feydov.jpg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Bartek wrote: »
    This just got worse. My guildmate couldnt understand why he have Enter button instead of Join. Accidental join - of course. That's what we thought. I checked mine GAC and there was Join all right.
    Minutes ago another guy had the same problem. I just checked my GAC again and what? No Join button, but Enter.

Not only game doesn't allow to leave and reenter to refresh the stats. Now it started to join players by itself! Wow.

Screens below are separated by about 3 hours. I DID NOT join GAC, because i wanted to gear some characters up before it starts. Game decided in other way.

Quo vadis, Capital Games..

ptb8k0feydov.jpg

You didn't get points. Your rank changed because other people did.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    You didn't get points. Your rank changed because other people did.
    Yeah, that is of course right. Got to nervous by this thing:) I edited my post.
    Is that information from you talking with somone at CG @Kyno or is it your assumption based on the fact that they have not added that feature yet?
  • I don't want to leave joining until the last minute in case I get caught up in something and miss it. Some of us have real lives.....

How much lag was there fore abuse anyway? I got the impression it was measured in a small number of seconds. This smacks of not seeing the wood for the trees. "Fixing" a small non-issue nobody knew about while the big stuff, well...... I am happy they are on the ball and all that but still.

Personally if people can be that bothered to try and game the locking then I'd rather they got the advantage over me of a mod or two or even a zeta rather than I lose a day of changes.
  • Just join and dont care about GA ?

It didn't happen to me and usually, I'm one of those who always say, people should just pay attention to what they are doing. But in this case, I have to agree with those who complain because I can understand it. Joining a GA as soon as it pops up is in the muscle memory of many people in the meantime, though that might solve itself after a while of getting used to it. But, in general, the change was a totally unpractical solution that makes things more complicated for all players. A far better solution imho would have been to add an hour or so between the join phase and the defensive phase, while during that hour the system would have enough time to snapshot the rosters.