Rewards? What rewards?

dkwmvzmnf2rv.jpg

Can someone please explain for what purpose we would do the other battles after the first time, since there are no rewards?
For fun?
Or do you have to complete the mythic tier (which I can't) for the rewards to reset?

Replies

• For fun/practice. It's there if you choose. Don't if you don't want.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    To get an idea about the updated Malevolence kit maybe? So far I have seen that it grants overcharge (+20% off and def per stack, max 5 stacks), has some AoE and spams Vultures possibly with every attack. Unfortunately, my HT died so I couldn't observe more.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Sandbox mode!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3wpt2ia1ay66.gif
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    I prefer Professor Frink's Sarcasm Detector exploding, but yeah.
  • Honestly, I enjoy it. I actually invested in ships, and getting to play around with a Republic fleet in a "canon" fight is enjoyable
  • Why the boody hell would you complain about this? We, as a playerbase, have been asking for more stuff to do for a while now, even specifically to replay marquees with no additional rewards. Clearly you should see that this is a huge step in the right direction. If you don't like it, just shut up about it instead. Don't take to the forums crying how it's a bad thing, because it really, really isn't.
  • dkwmvzmnf2rv.jpg

Can someone please explain for what purpose we would do the other battles after the first time, since there are no rewards?
    For fun?
    Or do you have to complete the mythic tier (which I can't) for the rewards to reset?

To look for clues.... They're everywhere....
  • Why the boody hell would you complain about this? We, as a playerbase, have been asking for more stuff to do for a while now, even specifically to replay marquees with no additional rewards. Clearly you should see that this is a huge step in the right direction. If you don't like it, just shut up about it instead. Don't take to the forums crying how it's a bad thing, because it really, really isn't.

First of all, I didn't "boody" hell complain about this, since I don't know what boody means.
    Second of all, I was hardly whining, when all I did was ask what the point of it was. The point of a forum is to gain information on things you otherwise wouldn't know... Not all of us are so close to the development team like you to know why they do what they do.
    Thirdly, if you have a problem with me asking a question, send a whining complaint to the mods and demand they ban me, for no other reason than you can't stomach someone asking sonething.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @TigerSpirit1917

Keep asking questions. Some of us appreciate the spirit and can recognize the difference between criticism and information seeking. The others aren't worth the bother.

As for your original question, I didn't replay these **except** the one with the full fleet of donated ships. I've got all the GalReps @ 7 stars save the Negotiator (which I've unlocked). But a couple of them have under under-geared pilots (most importantly Ahsoka @g11 and Plo at g9) and I've been going back and forth about whether or not i want to use Hound's Tooth or just go without a tank until I can bring in Clone Sergeant.

So the fight with fully geared ships and a 7* negotiator helped me see how abilities would work together once I maxed out Neg, Ahsoka, and the Y-Wing. I think I played that one 2 additional times, so not a huge number, but it was useful to me.
  • Well **** it, in any case my point is that literally any additional activities they add to the game is a good thing, because I for one, at least, like to use to my toons and ships every once in a while, rewards or no. Your post came off as complaining about how an event is pointless without rewards. This might contribute to giving CG incentive to remove this new development. That would be a bad thing. I didn't mean to lash out at anyone.

Oh and "boody hell" is in fact bloody hell. I figured the typo was obvious.
  • @MightyWizard
    in any case my point is that literally any additional activities they add to the game is a good thing, because I for one, at least, like to use to my toons and ships every once in a while, rewards or no.

I'm totally with you on this part.

@JDIII
    Don’t sleep on Jedi Consular!

I'll sleep on JC until I have literally no one better to give gear to. That's how this game works, if there's literally anyone better, give your gear to that toon b/c you can't gear them all.

On the plus side, at my stage in the game, taking JC to g12 might actually happen in the next 6 months.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Why would you G12 JC just because you don't have anyone else to gear though? You think nothing else is coming?
  • Blargh
  • ... Oh and "boody hell" is in fact bloody hell. I figured the typo was obvious.

Yes, I knew what you meant by that typo... I was just answering in the same manner you had responded. I agree with you that:
    Well **** it, in any case my point is that literally any additional activities they add to the game is a good thing, because I for one, at least, like to use to my toons and ships every once in a while, rewards or no.
    I like seeing new things as well. I'm not a girl who complains randomly. I just couldn't figure out why they would do that, since you use their ships not your own, so it is as challenging as it was the first time around...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the only point is for people to practice, I guess. that is all. I'm pretty surprised that no one has made a hilarious joke about how they are getting shards from replaying and how it would be unfair to not let them keep the shards...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @TVF :
    Why would you G12 JC just because you don't have anyone else to gear though? You think nothing else is coming?

But that's not what I said. Here's what I said:
    I'll sleep on JC until I have literally no one better to give gear to. That's how this game works, if there's literally anyone better, give your gear to that toon b/c you can't gear them all.

I believe that there's a reason or reasons to gear JC to g12. I just believe that the reasons to do so are far less persuasive than the reasons to gear other characters that I have but having yet geared up (like Sep droids and Nihilus - yes, Nihilus, sue me).

I already keep a stash of gear for new toons that I want to rush-gear. If I deplete that stash, I refill it before working on any toons that might still need gear. Once it's refilled, I gear the toon that i think would be most useful (or, really, usually I work on 2 or 3 at the same time, 1 attacker, 1 tank or healer or support, and occasionally a 2nd tank/healer/support as long as it's not in the same role-category as the first).

If JC is ever at the top of the list and my gear stash is full, why wouldn't I gear him?

I think you're confusing, "I have reasons to gear him, but they aren't good enough right now," with "I have zero reasons to gear him ever".
  • @TVF :

But that's not what I said. Here's what I said:

I believe that there's a reason or reasons to gear JC to g12. I just believe that the reasons to do so are far less persuasive than the reasons to gear other characters that I have but having yet geared up (like Sep droids and Nihilus - yes, Nihilus, sue me).

I already keep a stash of gear for new toons that I want to rush-gear. If I deplete that stash, I refill it before working on any toons that might still need gear. Once it's refilled, I gear the toon that i think would be most useful (or, really, usually I work on 2 or 3 at the same time, 1 attacker, 1 tank or healer or support, and occasionally a 2nd tank/healer/support as long as it's not in the same role-category as the first).

If JC is ever at the top of the list and my gear stash is full, why wouldn't I gear him?

I think you're confusing, "I have reasons to gear him, but they aren't good enough right now," with "I have zero reasons to gear him ever".

That's not the point. The point is there will always be something else coming, and it's a safe bet it will be better than JC.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @CCyrilS
    The point is there will always be something else coming, and it's a safe bet it will be better than JC.

Did you miss the part where I keep a stash of gear for whatever comes next? Once you have a certain amount of everything sitting around, the next Mk 5 Fusion Furnace you hoard isn't going to help you. Not giving your next FF to JC (or whomever you put next on your gear list of activated characters) isn't wise play. It's just spite.