New abilities

I wonder when they will add these new abilities for characters with a relic on level 7? I upgraded Thrawn to the max (I know this is not the best choice, but this is my favorite character from SW) and I wonder what skill he could get.

Replies

• They haven't said anything about what relic tier new abilities would unlock at
  • I'm guessing relic 42. I was told that's the answer to everything by a scared android.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • they didnt guarantee anyone would get a new ability, and they never once said it would be at relic 7
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    they didnt guarantee anyone would get a new ability, and they never once said it would be at relic 7

But they show new Rey ability on video about relics
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    I'm guessing relic 42. I was told that's the answer to everything by a scared android.

It was a computer built by pan dimensional mice not a scared android. Anyway, the android was paranoid not scared.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I'm guessing relic 42. I was told that's the answer to everything by a scared android.

It was a computer built by pan dimensional mice not a scared android. Anyway, the android was paranoid not scared.

R/whoosh...glad someone still caught the inference.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
    they didnt guarantee anyone would get a new ability, and they never once said it would be at relic 7
    They guaranteed some characters will get relic abilities eventually. They just didn't guarantee all of them would, nor lay out a timeline.
    Still not a he.
  • I'd rather they fix their game.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    They haven't said anything about what relic tier new abilities would unlock at

The videos showing the toons having abilities were at level seven. They're really going to get a bad backlash if they add more levels to an already exhausting feature.
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »

The videos showing the toons having abilities were at level seven. They're really going to get a bad backlash if they add more levels to an already exhausting feature.

They already mentioned that "G13 finisher pieces are not used at the Scavenger (yet)" so you can bet that there will be more. And right now we only have half the G12 pieces there too so there's no way they won't add more.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn

But they show new Rey ability on video about relics

as an example
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    They guaranteed some characters will get relic abilities eventually. They just didn't guarantee all of them would, nor lay out a timeline.

idk where my last comment went that i was editing to bold....
    but they didnt guarantee anything about abilites coming, just that they could come to some, none, or all

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215023/developer-q-a-10-2/p1

Q: Why release Relics now? Like gear, its an expansion of character progression, so why release it without a new feature? Wouldn't it have been better if Relics was introduced with LS TB's release? Why release relics without completing the relic ability feature? Are we going to see more relic levels with LS TB? Can we expect more relic levels added twice a month or more??
    A: CG_Tophat - Lot to unpack here.
    1) We are not expanding the number of relic levels with LSTB.
    2) We don't have a cadence of relic levels yet - still evaluating it as per above
    3) You're right - we typically release progression systems along side a larger content beat. We didn't this time because of the size and scope of relics we wanted to evaluate it "in a vacuum" as much as possible. As we've indicated before we think of relics as being a platform for some potentially really interesting changes and we wanted to evaluate it relatively "clean" (without something else in system potentially inflating or deflating its numbers).
    4) Regarding Relic Abilities, we knew these required a non-trivial amount of engineering time and wanted to see how Relics would be adopted before we invested that deeply. If Relics were not well adopted, then the work on Relic Abilities would have been wasted.
    Q: 4. It was mentioned somewhere that not all toons will be getting relic abilities. It might invalidate a lot of our investment in current toons if true. Can you release a list of toons, or an ongoing updated list of toons that will get relic abilities like the dev tracker?
    A: CG_Tophat - We're still going through a lot of the work of relic abilities and things may change. There's a chance all characters get relic abilities. There's a chance we limit it. There's a chance there's multiple flavors of relic abilities. When we get closer we'll start figuring out on what we can communicate out.

And this means absolutely nothing.
    Everything is subject to change and even so, this says nothing about what levels abilities get unlocked at.
  • Companies set expectations when they show demonstrations. There was absolutely nothing to my recollection in the videos in the nature of a disclaimer. Not that little things like that usually stop corporations but the ill will that they'll induce will be their own fault.
    Companies set expectations when they show demonstrations. There was absolutely nothing to my recollection in the videos in the nature of a disclaimer. Not that little things like that usually stop corporations but the ill will that they'll induce will be their own fault.

Respectfully disagree
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dagonsith wrote: »

They’ve been quite clear that there will be new levels added to it, and that the ease of expanding it in that way was one of the factors in moving to relics vs additional gear levels.
  • They’ve been quite clear that there will be new levels added to it, and that the ease of expanding it in that way was one of the factors in moving to relics vs additional gear levels. [/quote]

I think, they shouldnt add more levels to relics, becouse its very expensive to upgrade character to R7. Im think its should be max. Its top mamy grind for one character.
  • They’ve been quite clear that there will be new levels added to it, and that the ease of expanding it in that way was one of the factors in moving to relics vs additional gear levels.

I think, they shouldnt add more levels to relics, becouse its very expensive to upgrade character to R7. Im think its should be max. Its top mamy grind for one character.
    [/quote]

I am positive this is what people said when they first increased the gear level cap...from like gear 8. there will eventually be increases in how you advance the characters in a game built upon character progression
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Did we have any updates about new abilities with relics as it was shown in the presentation video in 2019 ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    darklinkto wrote: »
    Did we have any updates about new abilities with relics as it was shown in the presentation video in 2019 ?

Not as of yet.