The Mandalorian is Out *SPOILER ALERT*

2Next

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Anyone else think that beast went down a little too quick from just a little knife stab in the neck?

And the ship repair montage was a tiny bit corny.

Overall I did enjoy though. And those Trandoshans showing up, I think proves there are probably several employers trying to het their hands on the Child, and possibly more bounty hunters will come along.
    Post edited by CCyrilS on
  • Yea, that was a bit... anticlimactic. The jawas were fun though. Pretty sure a certain someone on this forums would've been overjoyed with those scenes xD
  • Really liking the show so far. The end credit art is fantastic.

Visually it’s top notch.

I read somewhere that Favreu wanted to explore what else is going on around episode 4/OT and so far I think that is spot on.

Jawas and Ugnaughts. BH droids. Small little parts that aren’t corny but seem ... right.

Even bringing in Mandolorian armor mythology is great.

It also carries on the tradition of some of the best Star Wars content is on the small screen and that’s no surprise when you have Filoni there.

Another reason I enjoy this show like I do with R1 and Solo, is that it’s not mired down with this overwrought sense of “the fate of everything hangs in the balance.”

2/10 episodes so far and I’m hooked. Can’t wait for more.

Theres 8 episodes I believe

What a terrible show.

Visually it’s top notch.

I read somewhere that Favreu wanted to explore what else is going on around episode 4/OT and so far I think that is spot on.

Jawas and Ugnaughts. BH droids. Small little parts that aren’t corny but seem ... right.

It also carries on the tradition of some of the best Star Wars content is on the small screen and that’s no surprise when you have Filoni there.

Another reason I enjoy this show like I do with R1 and Solo, is that it’s not mired down with this overwrought sense of “the fate of everything hangs in the balance.”

What a terrible show.

I think it's the best thing to come out of Disney star wars (along with R1)

Visually it’s top notch.

What a terrible show.

I’m being facetious. I totally agree. I think Solo could’ve been better but I still enjoyed it. I wish it played more with a heist /train robbery type of movie.

I hope we get more things like the mandolorian. Use the huge world that is Star Wars
  • Anyone else notice the Ugnaught was voiced by Nick Nolte? It's funny because while watching it I was reminded of him, but still surprised to find out it actually was.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the Ugnaught was voiced by Nick Nolte? It's funny because while watching it I was reminded of him, but still surprised to find out it actually was.

**** right, I was wondering why it sounded so familiar too.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the Ugnaught was voiced by Nick Nolte? It's funny because while watching it I was reminded of him, but still surprised to find out it actually was.

**** right, I was wondering why it sounded so familiar too.

Even looks a little like him lmao
  • khelzac wrote: »
    Yea, that was a bit... anticlimactic. The jawas were fun though. Pretty sure a certain someone on this forums would've been overjoyed with those scenes xD

Awww, are you referring to me?
    I did die inside a little bit every time Mando killed one though.

Also, I have no idea who Nick Nolte is.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    khelzac wrote: »
    Yea, that was a bit... anticlimactic. The jawas were fun though. Pretty sure a certain someone on this forums would've been overjoyed with those scenes xD

Awww, are you referring to me?
    I did die inside a little bit every time Mando killed one though.

Also, I have no idea who Nick Nolte is.

He's a very famous actor for the last 30+ yrs.

https://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/nick-nolte/credits/167933/
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    willennium wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    . The whole "make your armor" type of RPG goal that's going on and restoring the mandalorian culture (?)
    6. The whole implied history, people are referencing things and events nobody knows about (what happened to the mandalorian tribe?), you can tell these characters have established backstories

Hopefully they explain a little more of the lore as the episodes go on for the sake of casual viewers who aren't big Star Wars fans. I was watching with my wife and I had to stop and explain a few things to her like what exactly a Mandalorian is and why it's significant, why do they wear armor that looks like Boba Fett, etc... But I imagine if it was just a random person checking out the show, they might be kind of confused.
    But... the show is not exactly made for the "random person checking out" and I like that. It is made for fans, by makers who really are Star Wars fans themselves. I would love it if they add more details and easter-eggs that you will only fully understand when you know the lore. There's more than enough mainstream out there, and in the best case, the show will make people want to dive deeper into the lore.

You can still make a show that is "for fans" that is still enjoyable to people who just plain want to watch a good show. I'm not saying they need to dumb it down into a blaster-fest action show with good special effects, I'm just saying it's not exactly healthy for the longevity of a show if they turn off non-super fans. I'm sure it'll be fine though, it was just noting that while I was watching with my wife, I had to do a little side commentary to explain a tid-bit here and there. I'm sure she'd still enjoy it without my explanations, but you definitely appreciate it more if you know more of the lore.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Anyone else think that beast went down a little too quick from just a little knife stab in the neck?
    Yeah, I though it did, but I guess it's kinda realistic that an experienced hunter can take down a target with a good hit to a critical spot.

One thing I liked about the episode though is how it showed he was very much a vulnerable character. Dude got wrecked by that beast and would've been done if it wasn't for baby Yoda's intervention. And also, he even got bested by those Jawas(even though it was a 1 v 20 and he took out a handful in the process).

Visually it’s top notch.

What a terrible show.

I’m being facetious. I totally agree. I think Solo could’ve been better but I still enjoyed it. I wish it played more with a heist /train robbery type of movie.

I hope we get more things like the mandolorian. Use the huge world that is Star Wars

I would have liked solo if it was just about han and cheque instead of all the other nonsense they had in it.
  • willennium wrote: »
    Yeah, I though it did, but I guess it's kinda realistic that an experienced hunter can take down a target with a good hit to a critical spot.

One thing I liked about the episode though is how it showed he was very much a vulnerable character. Dude got wrecked by that beast and would've been done if it wasn't for baby Yoda's intervention. And also, he even got bested by those Jawas(even though it was a 1 v 20 and he took out a handful in the process).

Jawa take down was priceless I was laughing my **** off
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    . The whole "make your armor" type of RPG goal that's going on and restoring the mandalorian culture (?)
    6. The whole implied history, people are referencing things and events nobody knows about (what happened to the mandalorian tribe?), you can tell these characters have established backstories

Hopefully they explain a little more of the lore as the episodes go on for the sake of casual viewers who aren't big Star Wars fans. I was watching with my wife and I had to stop and explain a few things to her like what exactly a Mandalorian is and why it's significant, why do they wear armor that looks like Boba Fett, etc... But I imagine if it was just a random person checking out the show, they might be kind of confused.
    But... the show is not exactly made for the "random person checking out" and I like that. It is made for fans, by makers who really are Star Wars fans themselves. I would love it if they add more details and easter-eggs that you will only fully understand when you know the lore. There's more than enough mainstream out there, and in the best case, the show will make people want to dive deeper into the lore.

You can still make a show that is "for fans" that is still enjoyable to people who just plain want to watch a good show. I'm not saying they need to dumb it down into a blaster-fest action show with good special effects, I'm just saying it's not exactly healthy for the longevity of a show if they turn off non-super fans. I'm sure it'll be fine though, it was just noting that while I was watching with my wife, I had to do a little side commentary to explain a tid-bit here and there. I'm sure she'd still enjoy it without my explanations, but you definitely appreciate it more if you know more of the lore.

I think someone with just an average star wars background could still enjoy the show. Sure we super fans appreciate the little nuggets they throw us, but I don't think there is anything holding a noob back from getting in to it.

Besides, your wife was probably just asking you questions to make you feel smarter :wink:
  • willennium
    221 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Besides, your wife was probably just asking you questions to make you feel smarter :wink:
    You're probably right... :( lol

You're probably right... :( lol

Hey, it's not a bad thing!