The Mandalorian

Replies

  • LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.
    This^^. Some younger people are so used to what some of such streaming services do nowadays, but actually the release of a whole season at once would rather stress me! :D That would force me to watch it all in 1-2 days just to not get spoiled on the internet, instead of looking forward the whole week until a next episode. The internet is dark and full of spoilers and for Star Wars content the risk to get spoiled is a lot higher when you're playing Star Wars online games. I remember the day after episode VII came out, I played swtor with my friends and had not watched it yet - fortunately, I was suddenly warned to immediately turn off ingame chat, as people were shouting out the end of the movie just for "fun". Imagine what the same people are doing right now after every new episode of The Mandalorian... :( So I learned to keep away from the game until I have seen new shows and movies that come out, though the gaming is actually part of my (almost) daily life, just like swgoh.
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.
    The arrogance of someone who lives in an area where it's available. Asking a die hard fan to wait for 4 months while playing games of the same franchise is...
    like asking a Mandalorian to trade his Beskar'gam. Heck, in all seriousness, there even was a thumbnail of the baby on my youtube starter page, you don't even need to click on a video to be screwed.
    What do you (and Disney) expect people to do, hide under a rock for months?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.

    It proves you won't die over waiting for a show.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.

    Clearly it's not how it's made today buddy, if it was we wouldn't be having this discussion
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.
  • Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    I'm right with ya, man.

    I was telling one of my employess yesterday, who's early 20s, how I used to download MP3s before the average person even knew what that was (had to be a computer nerd back then). I told him I paid $80 for one of the first Mp3 players, and it had a whole 32Mb of memory! (Expandable to 128mb with an SD card lmao).
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.
  • Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?
  • TVF
    22551 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    You don't think you have a right to it?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    You don't think you have a right to it?

    You mean...entitled? Wait, no, he just expects it.
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.
  • TVF
    22551 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Why would how YouTube releases something have any bearing on how you expect Disney too release something?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    22551 posts Member
    And I am not fixing the typo because spam filter.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    en·ti·tle·ment

    * the fact of having a right to something - an expectation is not having a right to anything, its expecting something

    * the amount to which a person has a right. - I would argue paying subscribers have a right to something (the show) which we got. But also advertised to stream the series - but the "series" isn't available, only a few episodes. as I have said.

    * the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment - where was special privileges or treatment ever demanded in my statements?
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    And I am not fixing the typo because spam filter.
    "whet"
  • TVF
    22551 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    And I am not fixing the typo because spam filter.
    "whet"

    One of us acknowledged it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Why would how YouTube releases something have any bearing on how you expect Disney too release something?

    It doesn't.

    But if one of the top streamed shows of 2018-2019 releases its series in its entirety and Disney+ advertises to stream the "series" of the Mandalorian - its not too much of a stretch to expect you may have access to the entire season when you subscribe to Disney+, is it?
  • Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.

    You say no entitlement, then your second paragraph says maybe entitlement...i stopped reading then.
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.

    You say no entitlement, then your second paragraph says maybe entitlement...i stopped reading then.

    That's why you don't get it - because you don't read.

    I meant maybe it could be seen as entitlement, but go on to explain why its not. Read, that's what you went to school for me lad. :smile:
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    Anyways - this bickering is pointless - it is being released the way it is regardless how anyone feels.

    We all like the show, lets move on shall we?
  • TVF
    22551 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Why would how YouTube releases something have any bearing on how you expect Disney too release something?

    It doesn't.

    But if one of the top streamed shows of 2018-2019 releases its series in its entirety and Disney+ advertises to stream the "series" of the Mandalorian - its not too much of a stretch to expect you may have access to the entire season when you subscribe to Disney+, is it?

    Your "series" point is reasonable, even though I don't necessarily agree with it.

    Your YouTube point is not.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.

    You say no entitlement, then your second paragraph says maybe entitlement...i stopped reading then.

    That's why you don't get it - because you don't read.

    I meant maybe it could be seen as entitlement, but go on to explain why its not. Read, that's what you went to school for me lad. :smile:

    Dude, you keep making my point. You're used to something that's easy, and when it's not you're upset.

    That. Is. Entitlement.
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.

    You say no entitlement, then your second paragraph says maybe entitlement...i stopped reading then.

    That's why you don't get it - because you don't read.

    I meant maybe it could be seen as entitlement, but go on to explain why its not. Read, that's what you went to school for me lad. :smile:

    Dude, you keep making my point. You're used to something that's easy, and when it's not you're upset.

    That. Is. Entitlement.

    No mate, I am 40 years old, nothing in my life has ever been easy, so I am not used to that at all, lol.
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Why would how YouTube releases something have any bearing on how you expect Disney too release something?

    It doesn't.

    But if one of the top streamed shows of 2018-2019 releases its series in its entirety and Disney+ advertises to stream the "series" of the Mandalorian - its not too much of a stretch to expect you may have access to the entire season when you subscribe to Disney+, is it?

    Your "series" point is reasonable, even though I don't necessarily agree with it.

    Your YouTube point is not.

    My YouTube point is building an expectation. If a top show exclusive to a streaming service releases its No. 1 show with a full season available, its reasonable to expect that a No. 1 show of another streaming service, belonging to a multi-billion dollar company, may decide to do the same.

    I am not saying one HAS to follow the other, I am saying its a reasonable expectation that it might.
  • Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.

    You say no entitlement, then your second paragraph says maybe entitlement...i stopped reading then.

    That's why you don't get it - because you don't read.

    I meant maybe it could be seen as entitlement, but go on to explain why its not. Read, that's what you went to school for me lad. :smile:

    Dude, you keep making my point. You're used to something that's easy, and when it's not you're upset.

    That. Is. Entitlement.

    No mate, I am 40 years old, nothing in my life has ever been easy, so I am not used to that at all, lol.

    Then why are you so upset you're getting one episode at a time? You should be used to it like I am. I don't understand.
  • TVF
    22551 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Why would how YouTube releases something have any bearing on how you expect Disney too release something?

    It doesn't.

    But if one of the top streamed shows of 2018-2019 releases its series in its entirety and Disney+ advertises to stream the "series" of the Mandalorian - its not too much of a stretch to expect you may have access to the entire season when you subscribe to Disney+, is it?

    Your "series" point is reasonable, even though I don't necessarily agree with it.

    Your YouTube point is not.

    My YouTube point is building an expectation. If a top show exclusive to a streaming service releases its No. 1 show with a full season available, its reasonable to expect that a No. 1 show of another streaming service, belonging to a multi-billion dollar company, may decide to do the same.

    I am not saying one HAS to follow the other, I am saying its a reasonable expectation that it might.

    "Might"

    But it didn't.

    Ok.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4033 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.

    You say no entitlement, then your second paragraph says maybe entitlement...i stopped reading then.

    That's why you don't get it - because you don't read.

    I meant maybe it could be seen as entitlement, but go on to explain why its not. Read, that's what you went to school for me lad. :smile:

    Dude, you keep making my point. You're used to something that's easy, and when it's not you're upset.

    That. Is. Entitlement.

    No mate, I am 40 years old, nothing in my life has ever been easy, so I am not used to that at all, lol.

    Then why are you so upset you're getting one episode at a time? You should be used to it like I am. I don't understand.

    Because times have changed, and that's not typically how things should be done nowadays.

    And in the essence of repeating myself, there is other streaming services that do release full seasons at a time.

    The other repetition I will say again is that Disney+ offered subscribers to stream the series of the Mandalorian, not an episode at a time - apparently you have to read the smaller print of the add to understand that, which I didn't, and probably lots of other people didn't either.
  • Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Seeing as how Disney+ won't be available in the UK for quite some time, I have no other choice but to watch it elsewhere online.

    I wouldn't say no choice. Waiting is a valid option.

    Perfectly valid, but extremely unlikely.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is it bait and switch when the release schedule has beenout for the Mandalorian? You must be under 25, back in my day you sat in front of the tv when the show started or you missed it lol. No streaming or recording. Get over your instant gratification and go worry about something important.

    Your day is not my day. I have no reason to think about or care for how old people used to watch TV when they were young, because the way it was once done is irrelevant to how it is done today.
    This made my day! :D When I grew up, there were no flat screens yet, we had video recorders as DVDs weren't invented yet, and we barely knew that something called 'Internet' existed... and I'm only in my early 30s! ;)

    It is a true statement, in considering we now live in a digital era, compared to how we grew up. I expect something and I think many people do, based on what the technology today can give and does give.

    Its got nothing to do with "entitlement" just what people are now used to and grown to expect.

    Isn't expecting things the definition of entitlement?

    No. Look it up.

    I did. Did you?

    You obviously didn't though - expecting to get something and not getting something, doesn't necessarily mean that your expectation was built upon an entitled point of view.

    However in my argument about only getting one episode instead of an entire season, I guess you could say that was entitlement, based on paying a subscription.

    However that was merely an after thought of mine.

    I am a fan of the YouTube show Cobra Kai, which releases its show one season at a time in its entirety - so a presumption that was going to be the norm of how exclusive shows are released - particularly when the adds for Disney + state "Stream the season of the first Star Wars live action show" - note that add remarks a "season" not the first episodes, which is what we got - so again, saying that makes my line of thinking entitled, isn't really the case.

    You say no entitlement, then your second paragraph says maybe entitlement...i stopped reading then.

    That's why you don't get it - because you don't read.

    I meant maybe it could be seen as entitlement, but go on to explain why its not. Read, that's what you went to school for me lad. :smile:

    Dude, you keep making my point. You're used to something that's easy, and when it's not you're upset.

    That. Is. Entitlement.

    No mate, I am 40 years old, nothing in my life has ever been easy, so I am not used to that at all, lol.

    Then why are you so upset you're getting one episode at a time? You should be used to it like I am. I don't understand.

    Because times have changed, and that's not typically how things should be done nowadays.

    And in the essence of repeating myself, there is other streaming services that do release full seasons at a time.

    The other repetition I will say again is that Disney+ offered subscribers to stream the series of the Mandalorian, not an episode at a time - apparently you have to read the smaller print of the add to understand that, which I didn't, and probably lots of other people didn't either.

    You should add "hoo" to the end of your name.
Sign In or Register to comment.