Please do us a favor Re: Rose

Replies

• P.S.: Of course I meant Uma Thurman, not Thruman, but correcting a typo would mean a second edit and that makes posts disappear^^
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    leef wrote: »

here i am, still thinking ben affleck was a horrible fit. Needless to say i haven't seen the one with clooney.

If you're going to watch that movie then I must warn you to prepare yourself for bat nipp1es... they were all the rage back then!

y9k27o3mbeq0.png

• leef
    13458 posts Member

here i am, still thinking ben affleck was a horrible fit. Needless to say i haven't seen the one with clooney.

If you're going to watch that movie then I must warn you to prepare yourself for bat nipp1es... they were all the rage back then!

After all these kinds words, how could i not watch that movie ?! ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

After all these kinds words, how could i not watch that movie ?! ;)

Well I'm also here to tell you not to feel ashamed if the bat nipp1es excite you. They are outstanding!

Wait that's not just me right?

• JacenRoe wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - lot's of not-so-thinly-veiled misogyny in this thread. Friday forum foolishness in full swing.

I forgot that the gold standard for hating all women is not liking a single character portrayal in a single movie.

I also hate George Clooney’s portrayal of Batman. I guess that means I hate all men too.

Defensive much? lol - I didn't even mean you. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    (checks back in on thread)

(yep)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - lot's of not-so-thinly-veiled misogyny in this thread. Friday forum foolishness in full swing.

I forgot that the gold standard for hating all women is not liking a single character portrayal in a single movie.

I also hate George Clooney’s portrayal of Batman. I guess that means I hate all men too.

Defensive much? lol - I didn't even mean you. :D

Then who in this thread did you mean exactly? Nobody said anything bad about women, or the actress. Only that Rose is an irrelevant character in the movie.

And it isn’t defensiveness. I’m sure this isn’t you, but I’m very tired of people who don’t actually DO anything to help women or any other disadvantaged group saying you are a misogynist if you don’t like a female character who is badly written. Movie studios start that nonsense to get positive publicity when they make rotten products. They don’t actually care about women who need help. Oops. There I go assuming women need to be saved by a man.
  • Rose played a huge part in Episode 8, Rose with the help of Finn got the Resistance nearly wiped out. Without her the FO dont know the Resistance is fleeing to Crait. Poe, Finn and Rose get the Resistance almost wiped out. Worst leaders ever.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • What's Rose Precious?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Obligatory:

8krpiougxa61.png
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Rose played a huge part in Episode 8, Rose with the help of Finn got the Resistance nearly wiped out. Without her the FO dont know the Resistance is fleeing to Crait. Poe, Finn and Rose get the Resistance almost wiped out. Worst leaders ever.
    Almost like character arc was the focus of the movie with a theme about learning from failure. Perhaps explicitly stated by some sort of wise muppet.

7my2t6ebruy4.gif

Finn, Poe, and Rey fail big time, suffer loss, but learn and grow. Kylo keeps bashing his head against the same mistakes and even though he gains in the short term, he does not learn or grow, which is poised to be his downfall.
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Then who in this thread did you mean exactly? Nobody said anything bad about women, or the actress. Only that Rose is an irrelevant character in the movie.
    There are precisely ten characters who matter to the plot of The Last Jedi.

Finn, Rey, Poe, and Kylo are our protagonists. Snoke, Luke, Holdo, Leia, Rose, and DJ are our plot-essential supporting characters.

The plot is four interconnected character arcs with each protagonist pulled between a character who promotes or enables their better nature and one who promotes their worse nature.

Poe between Leia (an enabler rather than a promoter of his worse nature) and Holdo.

Rey between Luke and Kylo.

Kylo between Rey and Snoke.

Finn between Rose and DJ.

Rose is essential to the plot of The Last Jedi. She's one of the pillars of the Finn arc, which is a quarter of the plot of the movie.
    Still not a he.
  • The Resistance is taking advice from a Sith in Yoda?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I honestly don't understand the Rose hate. Don't even get me started on Holdo; I can't stand that character or the ridiculous and unnecessary sub-narrative she injected into the story. But I have no problem with Rose, who for me was a forgettable character who did not tarnish the integrity of the plot in any way.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I honestly don't understand the Rose hate.

Agreed!

• The worst character in the new Trilogy is Kylo, not Rose. Ugh such a horrible actor. If there is something I hope to never gear, it's him.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    The worst character in the new Trilogy is Kylo, not Rose. Ugh such a horrible actor. If there is something I hope to never gear, it's him.

What an odd string of sentences.
  • The worst character in the new Trilogy is Kylo, not Rose. Ugh such a horrible actor. If there is something I hope to never gear, it's him.
    I don't like the character either, but it's not the actor's fault. I have once seen him playing in a comedy movie and there, he was very good! He's okay as an actor but no actor of complex parts. To be fair, very few actors are, compared to the average. Maybe someone else could have brought the best out of the role, but it was just badly written overall.
  • But I have no problem with Rose, who for me was a forgettable character who did not tarnish the integrity of the plot in any way.
    ...just in case anyone needed a perfect example of what a "backhanded compliment" was... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JarJar > Rose
    Even if it's just for the fact that we can blindly hate on JarJar without being considered an a...hole.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Boo leef, boo.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Beyol wrote: »
    TJax wrote: »
    I get it, she’s in the game, and part of ep 8. I understand that we should be required to get her to 7*. But please, for the love of God, don’t make us gear her.

It’s not that I don’t like her kit. I’m sure I read it once, but I don’t even remember what her kit does. I, and I think most of the community, just flat don’t like her character.

If you are planning an event requiring resistance for ep 9, and Rose is to be a part of it, I make the following suggestion:

She does a stage with Finn.

She is required to be 7*

The AI always and exclusively targets Finn, no AOE.

Set up some parameters so that Finn must survive X amount of turns, even have the enemy grant a debuff capping speed so the stage turns into a complete gear check for Finn if you want.

When Rose finally gets a turn and Finn is still alive we use an event only ability called “Love Saves the Day lolz **** *shrug*” And you pass the stage.

Again, if you have any feelings for the community at all. The thought of gearing Rose almost makes me feel like I’m in the movie “Saw”.

The community says to quit speaking for us. Just say you don't like her, at least it sounds genuine. Once you (speak) for everyone, we know it's just you and your hangups. Thanks and good day.

I think it comes down to how many people in the community have her geared and fully starred to those that don't.

I'd say an overwhelming portion of the community has her collecting dust.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    I get it, she’s in the game, and part of ep 8. I understand that we should be required to get her to 7*. But please, for the love of God, don’t make us gear her.

It’s not that I don’t like her kit. I’m sure I read it once, but I don’t even remember what her kit does. I, and I think most of the community, just flat don’t like her character.

If you are planning an event requiring resistance for ep 9, and Rose is to be a part of it, I make the following suggestion:

She is required to be 7*

Set up some parameters so that Finn must survive X amount of turns, even have the enemy grant a debuff capping speed so the stage turns into a complete gear check for Finn if you want.

When Rose finally gets a turn and Finn is still alive we use an event only ability called “Love Saves the Day lolz **** *shrug*” And you pass the stage.

Again, if you have any feelings for the community at all. The thought of gearing Rose almost makes me feel like I’m in the movie “Saw”.

The community says to quit speaking for us. Just say you don't like her, at least it sounds genuine. Once you (speak) for everyone, we know it's just you and your hangups. Thanks and good day.

I think it comes down to how many people in the community have her geared and fully starred to those that don't.

Same with IG86 but there's only a single person here that ever complains about that one.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

She is required to be 7*

Same with IG86 but there's only a single person here that ever complains about that one.

Yet at the start of the game there were few droid characters, so lots of people 7 starred and geared IG86 - can't say the same for Rose in any way.

Your comparison is probably best made with CUP.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited November 2019

She is required to be 7*

Yet at the start of the game there were few droid characters, so lots of people 7 starred and geared IG86 - can't say the same for Rose in any way.

I chose 86 for a reason.

Regardless, the point was independent of the toon I chose.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    all the batman movies were awful. only good parts were all the bane scenes and all the ledger joker scenes

You did not just say that?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    all the batman movies were awful. only good parts were all the bane scenes and all the ledger joker scenes

I missed the context but I find the Nolan movies very overrated to the point that I gave up after 2.
  • Boo wrote: »

Basically from release to Finn's rework, Rose was the best fifth for a JTR team, especially for the meta she was released in.

Rose is and long has been a perfectly reasonable and useful investment who's been sorely underrated and overlooked because people dislike the character.

If you haven't invested in her, it's because you've chosen to forego a solid unit. Her being required for something down the line is entirely reasonable.
    Still not a he.
  • Boo wrote: »

She is required to be 7*

That doesn't say much. I like Rose - as a character - much more than Rey. Nevertheless I farmed and geared only those Resistence characters that lead to JTR, simply for relevance in the game (at that time) . Then, there are so many other characters/factions that need leveling and gear, no regular player (in comparison to whales) can farm them all at the same time. Some of my favourite Star Wars characters never even made it into my inventory yet and are still on my future farming list.
    JarJar > Rose
    Even if it's just for the fact that we can blindly hate on JarJar without being considered an a...hole.
    Or at least you think so... B)
  • TVF wrote: »

I missed the context but I find the Nolan movies very overrated to the point that I gave up after 2.

Outside of the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson version, the Nolan movies were probably the best of that batman movies. That said, the DC universe hasn't exactly set a very high bar for the quality of their movies, especially for their marquee heroes.

V for Vendetta was superb.
    Wonder Woman was great.
    Shazam was great.
    Nolan movies were good but they were treated as better than they were due to being viewed through a rose colored sarcophagus
    Constantine was ok.
    Christoper Reeve superman (first one) was ok (or maybe it was bad but I am nostalgic.)
    Watchmen was ok but was ultimately a missed opportunity at being great.
    Aquaman was ok.

The rest weren't even worth watching.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2019

I'd argue that the original Batman of 1990, Michael Keaton, was fantastic. The sequel, Batman Returns was certainly pretty fun and enjoyable too, but nowhere near as good as the first film.

Nolan movies - Batman Begins was pretty good, but the Dark Knight was fantastic. I'd agree stop watching after the Dark Knight, because the Dark Knight rises (Nolan's third movie) was pretty weak. However Hardy did a good job in that as Bane, although hard to understand what he's saying at times.

Do yourself a favour though - avoid Batman & Robin (George Clooney) at all costs, its just a modern version of Adam West's Batman, and probably worse than that as well, lol.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Basically from release to Finn's rework, Rose was the best fifth for a JTR team, especially for the meta she was released in.

Rose is and long has been a perfectly reasonable and useful investment who's been sorely underrated and overlooked because people dislike the character.

If you haven't invested in her, it's because you've chosen to forego a solid unit. Her being required for something down the line is entirely reasonable.

There are far superior resistance characters in the game than Rose. No one cares for Holdo as a character either, but her taunt ability etc. is more useful, additionally her potential to be a fleet commander for the resistance faction down the road.

With 3PO, he is also a way better choice than Rose.

Rose sucks, sad but true. Actually its not sad, because she **** in the movie too. Her uselessness just carries forwards into the game, unlike Holdo.