Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Prev13456732
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Get ready to battle over the new light side Territory Battle on Geonosis, Republic Offensive!

This difficult event will be available for preview in game next week and starting in early December, you'll need a mix of light side characters such as Jedi, Clones or Galactic Republic characters to defeat the waves of Separatist droids and Geonosians. Just like with Hoth, your guild will battle from right to left crushing the Separatist army in exciting new special missions, unique fleet battles while facing off against the terrifying Reek and Nexu. We have also created a variety of new granted abilities for each phase to help you shutdown the Separatists defenses. The light side version of this event will feature difficult missions with iconic Republic characters such as General Anakin Skywalker, General Kenobi, and Mace Windu.

There are several new units that can be earned from special missions or event currency, along with plenty of new PvE units to really make this planetary battle one-of-a-kind. If you have been listening to podcasts from our community members or have been paying attention to the forums, you may already have an idea of who will be joining the holotables soon...

We've got much more to share as we approach the launch of this exciting new event so stay tuned to the forums.

JRs54RM.jpg

DEV POST

Replies

• Options
    So I guess this confirm a new version of ashoka, right?

rt6cqe6dr5q5.jpeg

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    GAS looks so bad in that picture
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Nice to see he's getting his own mission. I'd love to see a rework along with his mission.

Edit: mace
    Post edited by Blackbeardpepe on
  • Options
    True :D
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Lol true
  • Options
    They all look terrible in that picture. Lol. And we have “young Ahsoka”.
  • Options
    Ahsoka.
  • BetterCallMaul
    250 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    If we didn’t get midriff Padme, we ain’t getting midriff Snips.
  • Options
    Anakins face reminds me of Nick cage

here is a meme of nick cage- enjoybqii9jz3ur0o.jpeg
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are several new units that can be earned from special missions or event currency, along with plenty of new PvE units to really make this planetary battle one-of-a-kind. If you have been listening to podcasts from our community members or have been paying attention to the forums, you may already have an idea of who will be joining the holotables soon...

Last I checked its just Malevolence and Ki-Adi Mundi. Are we getting more toons to GET store other than GG capital ship?

Man, this General Skywalker requirement is going to be a commotion in the community when a lot of people who own him are unable to attempt his Special Mission because of the seven star requirement

Great to finally have a name, start date, and some hints thrown about (GK, Mace, Gen Sky)

Interested in how the fleet battle will go given what the podcast vaguely mentioned
  • Options
    starting in early December

Oh, so New Years Eve! Sweet!
  • Options
    Padme looking like a weasel, something going on in the art department
  • Options
    Mace got edited out of the post lololol
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

They must have noticed that would fuel even more mace rework talk...and this makes it even more vague if that will happen.
  • Options
    Light side Hoth is left to right. 😂
  • Options

I was gonna say thank you to the devs for the beginning of info, but y’all really can’t even do that right can you?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Who?

Oh you mean UP.

Shame.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Mace..... oh Mace..... you are still named above, but removed from the new post. Would be nice to know why...
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb You might want to edit that part again "The light side version of this event will feature difficult missions with iconic Republic characters such as General Anakin Skywalker, and General Kenobi. ;)
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well aside from Mace, they updated and removed “several“. Now it reads as if we are getting one from SM / GET store
  • Options
    “ unique fleet battles while facing off against the terrifying Reek and Nexu”

Uhm, how unique are we getting here?
  • Options
    Preview next week? Playable in December?
    So disappointing.
    I’m sure there are valid reasons but the already low bar seems like it was missed :/
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    “ unique fleet battles while facing off against the terrifying Reek and Nexu”

Uhm, how unique are we getting here?

They’ve mentioned in the podcast that they will be implementing one of the ideas for fleet 2.0 they discarded and sort of use it as a beta test (inb4 jokes) and see if players like it or not

Kinda implying we might get fleet 2.5 or so?

But it will be different from the fleet arena / fleet combat missions we are accustomed to
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Trying to keep Mace Windu’s rework a surprise but too late to hide it now... the damage is already done
  • Options
    So why General Anakin? During the battle of geonosis, Anakin wasn’t a general.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    So why General Anakin? During the battle of geonosis, Anakin wasn’t a general.

Because holotable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Since nobody’s said it, the Mace thing could easily just mean the Endurance is required on some CM’s. I’m hoping for a rework, but the wording just said he’s required, nothing more.
  • Options
    Will GAS be required in platoons? :)