Slang

As I have been playing Galaxy of Heroes more and more, I feel the need to join a community. So hello everyone, this is my first post. The main question that I am writing about today is what is some good slang to use for this game. How does one refer to Galaxy of Heroes? GH? GOH? SWGOH? Also, is there any point to having high levels of interaction in this game? I see a lot of guilds saying that they have a discord, but is that needed? What does it/voice chat add to the game? Lastly, how active is this forums? Thank you!
"But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.

Replies

• I think every guild has members that chat all the time and some that never chat. However you want to play it. For competitive guilds, Discord is a necessity. But it’s nice overall for better chatting, plus there’s other channels you can join to learn more about the game like arena strategy, counters, raid teams, etc.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • igotthelog wrote: »
    As I have been playing Galaxy of Heroes more and more, I feel the need to join a community. So hello everyone, this is my first post. The main question that I am writing about today is what is some good slang to use for this game. How does one refer to Galaxy of Heroes? GH? GOH? SWGOH? Also, is there any point to having high levels of interaction in this game? I see a lot of guilds saying that they have a discord, but is that needed? What does it/voice chat add to the game? Lastly, how active is this forums? Thank you!

The game is typically referred to as SWGOH. Discord is pretty handy for serious guilds. I'm not in a super-serious guild, so I don't use it often. However, full-herioc higher up guilds will probably require it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hi and welcome ;)
    Like other said, discord is just for better chatting and not mandatory in every guild. It's fun though, mostly when we're not talking about swgoh, haha.
    High levels of interaction with the game isn't necessary, but it can be usefull.
    The forum is active enough, but if you want help you'll need to ask specific questions and expect to be met with some degree of snark. Other than that, it can be a usefull source of information.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Whether or not a guild requires or even uses discord varies--mine doesn't even use it (and we're fully heroic, so I guess we're just weird); the in-game chat is sufficient for our needs--but a lot of people use it to avoid upgrade spam, take advantage of bots/other chats, etc.

If you need an ally feel free to add me: 634-478-835