Old Player returning on a different platform.

Not sure this is the right place for my question, but can't find anywhere else. (If better directed elsewhere lmk)
Anyway, I am thinking of coming back to the game after a long maybe 2 years. My issue is I last played on IOS, I am now on android and without my IOS backup... I don't believe when I last played there was an option to sync with facebook so that option is lost to me. The only potential think I have is my SWGOH.gg account so I can see my ally code and the potential to see past transactions on my old apple ID. Is my best chance going to support with whatever proof I can muster to see if they can get my account up on my android device?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There is a "Link devices" feature in the options/configurations menu (press the cog wheel). You can link across platforms. However, you need to still have your old device to link to your new device.
  • This is my issue, my old device is long gone and I don't have an old backup available unfortunately.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Perhaps you can borrow a device from somebody long enough to install the game and link it?
  • I could but I have no backup to retrieve the account to do so. I could try but I'd be hopeful it was saved to my Gamecenter.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    you are probably better off starting over anyway. if you post your swgoh.gg people can look at your roster, but two years is an eternity and the arena shard you started on will be way ahead of you.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Hanley wrote: »
    I could but I have no backup to retrieve the account to do so. I could try but I'd be hopeful it was saved to my Gamecenter.

It should be linked to your Apple ID/Game Center. If you were playing a guest account the whole time I don’t think anything can be done, but chances are it was linked.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    you are probably better off starting over anyway. if you post your swgoh.gg people can look at your roster, but two years is an eternity and the arena shard you started on will be way ahead of you.

Facts. You'd almost certainly be better off starting fresh after that long of a break. I kept using my old account after about a year away and I still haven't really caught up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I kept using my old account after about a year away and I still haven't really caught up.

I thought arena shards are based on gp. If you haven't played and haven't increased your gp, wouldn't you be reassigned to a lower gp shard?

I'm in a similar situation, but from the other side. I played without much thought for about a year and have an inflated gp with maybe 1.5 useful squads.
    I kept using my old account after about a year away and I still haven't really caught up.

I thought arena shards are based on gp. If you haven't played and haven't increased your gp, wouldn't you be reassigned to a lower gp shard?

I'm in a similar situation, but from the other side. I played without much thought for about a year and have an inflated gp with maybe 1.5 useful squads.

No, shards remain the same from the time you start playing, however that's not the only avenue of the game, so restarting isn't vital if you aren't playing from the get go.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

No, shards remain the same from the time you start playing, however that's not the only avenue of the game, so restarting isn't vital if you aren't playing from the get go.

first part is correct, but doing well in arena is important to crystal generation, and the shard is both arena and ship, so starting over after such a long absence is best for op
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You may be thinking of grand arena. Regular arena shards are based on the day you unlock arena and never change.

Grand Arena puts you in divisions based on your GP. Your squad arena shard gets locked in forever when you hit, like, level 26 or something.

Squad arena is an important source of crystals, and you won't be getting any appreciable amount from it for a very long time if you're 2 years behind the curve.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi wrote: »

first part is correct, but doing well in arena is important to crystal generation, and the shard is both arena and ship, so starting over after such a long absence is best for op

Yes, it does help with crystal generation, however it isn't the only source, as someone who was unable to play fleet for about a year I caught up without too much hassle, and squad arena I continue to sit near the bottom, having never been particularly competitive. It isn't the be all and end all of the game, so you can play very reasonably without it. If that's where your priorities lie, restarting is the best course of action, but it's not always mandatory given how empty it will be otherwise. That's assuming the OP manages to get their account back at all, but yeah.
  • Thanks for the replies everyone. Oh well... Guess It's a good thing that I started a new account a couple weeks ago. In case I won't be able to do damage control on my main.
  • if you linked your old account to your email you can restore your account
  • Thanks for the replies, I wasn't too concerned about the arena. But has made me think about the advantage I could get from starting over if I get it right.
  • Sorry to hear you lost your old account, if it was linked to your e-mail you could have recovered it.

I too was a returning player with being gone 1 or 2 years, got back into the game and am better off then where I was, and loving how much progress I have made this past 2 months.