Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Blackula wrote: »
    So Crumb changed the LS Geo TB post to exclude Mace Windu. Probably in hopes to trick people so they have to panic gear him

The truth is never as exciting as the speculation. He was originally part of one of special missions but was removed. Mace isn't getting an update so don't panic gear or upgrade him in hopes that he's getting a new/reworked kit. I hope this lays any confusion to rest

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat please tell us that you're joking and we missed some epic clue to a new puzzle containing Mace's reworked kit. Not reworking Mace is a mistake.

To have almost 8 months of prequel content, a reskinned TB focusing on Galactic Republic (at the place he killed Jango), have the resources to retool about 13 lesser characters and actively exclude Mace is absurd. The community has asked for a reworked Mace kit for years , and if you don't do it now it won't happen for years in the future.

This is a terrible way for a company to "listen to their player base."
    Maybe we can get a youtuber in a tutu to sing another song and it will happen.

• If no rework for mace then probably no rework for other jedi council members. Well, i already have clone and padme team relic. Special mission wil be very easy..... Then Tbls will be farm arc trooper and well that’s it.

I really love this game and I think that it’s just very difficult now to introduce new content. Even if they have enough money, the dev team can’t develop as fast as it was. There was too much interaction and ability. So content are slower and do not follow the game speed. I farm faster than the time it took to release something new. That’s a big problem.
  • baldwinrye wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    So Crumb changed the LS Geo TB post to exclude Mace Windu. Probably in hopes to trick people so they have to panic gear him

The truth is never as exciting as the speculation. He was originally part of one of special missions but was removed. Mace isn't getting an update so don't panic gear or upgrade him in hopes that he's getting a new/reworked kit. I hope this lays any confusion to rest

I don’t know if you are aware of this, but according to the devs all the YouTubers do is echo the sentiment of the community. Since the devs don’t care about disappointing all the Mace fans in this thread or in the community, a parody song won’t “fundamentally add anything to the conversation.”
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    baldwinrye wrote: »

I don’t know if you are aware of this, but according to the devs all the YouTubers do is echo the sentiment of the community. Since the devs don’t care about disappointing all the Mace fans in this thread or in the community, a parody song won’t “fundamentally add anything to the conversation.”

They’re not wrong though.
  • baldwinrye
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2019

They're not, the you tubers are a sounding board for general sentiment. However CG is being disingenuous that they don't consider their content as adding to the conversation.
    As soon as Ahnald made his music video, and they saw the overwhelming support and response, Greivous was reworked within weeks.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The YouTubers are not a sounding board for general sentiment. If that was true everyone would have quit to play that Dragon game.

They're just shouters for money.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

and as we are always disappointed you always boast of being on the lookout for the community and a thousand other things but when the community is interested in something, it is the first thing they reject, it is not fair to me that windu is so useless in the game, we ask that It is something useful since it is the only option that we have the FTP to take out GS is not like we can all say I take out the negotiator and so I take it out, because it is not like the gear materials leave us easy to remove Mace deserve more its rework than what it deserves nute, mace was the best fencer of the Jedi order and apart from Vaapad master the most aggressive fighting form of all making it a great ATTACKER not a TANK
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Mace not getting a rework is ok

It’s not the end of the world, there are lots of characters in this game that aren’t as viable due to power creep

Nothing to get your jimmies rustled over
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

It’s not the end of the world, there are lots of characters in this game that aren’t as viable due to power creep

Personally I think KAM gets a brood alpha type leadership that makes the other galactic republic jedi viable. Not great mind you, but viable.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Well actually I'm not even sure what a jimmy is so I'll need some clarification before I can decide if I think they should be rustled.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Agreed. Mace not getting a rework isn't that big of a deal yet some of the lunatics on this thread are acting like their world just fell apart. Although it is pretty funny to read those comments, since I enjoy watching others suffer at the hands of a mobile game lmao.

Keep those end of the world comments coming, its funny to read them.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The first time I saw someone from CG staff was when they announced Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Kozispoon was there, who was a person of color and the previous community manager

I don’t see how this company can be racist or sexist by looking at the staff of employees. I know biases can be perceived but imo hiring should be based on job applicant qualifications rather than meeting a quota and a picture doesn’t tell the whole story BUT THAT IS A DEBATE FOR ANOTHER DAY
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    The first time I saw someone from CG staff was when they announced Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Kozispoon was there, who was a person of color and the previous community manager

I don’t see how this company can be racist or sexist by looking at the staff of employees. I know biases can be perceived but imo hiring should be based on job applicant qualifications rather than meeting a quota and a picture doesn’t tell the whole story BUT THAT IS A DEBATE FOR ANOTHER DAY

This all reminds of the 5 minutes of Chasing Amy.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The YouTubers are not a sounding board for general sentiment. If that was true everyone would have quit to play that Dragon game.

At least they're shouters that people pay attention to.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That's a good thing?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Gotta love the forum tangents
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Not the people who can change anything about the game, though.
  • Why does my brain read the topics as

Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Public Offended [MEGA]

I had that problem with a new guildie. His username was "FreddyBobbs"....I kept misreading it as...well, you'll see it eventually.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath wrote: »
    baldwinrye wrote: »

I didn’t say they were right or wrong. I was only pointing out that the devs don’t care either way. If there were anything I could personally do to get a Mace rework I would. But it’s not happening now so...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    This thread is a great example of why CG shouldn’t outright confirm if any character is or isn’t getting a rework anymore
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    This thread is a great example of why CG shouldn’t outright confirm if any character is or isn’t getting a rework anymore

It will be even better when he eventually does get one.

I'm pretty sure Crumb meant to say "for now" because I doubt they would close that door completely, but it doesn't read that way.

People gonna be so salty in 2022.
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm pretty sure Crumb meant to say "for now" because I doubt they would close that door completely, but it doesn't read that way.

Yeah. If they meant to say it could still come later it’s poorly worded. They said not long ago that the LSGeoTB marks the end of Clone Wars content. For them to say pretty directly, “don’t gear him. He’s not getting updated” seems pretty clear. I want to believe it could still happen, but the key to contentment is lowered expectations.

So because we don’t like the response we can’t voice our opinion?
    I’m glad he outright told us. I don’t think it’s the right course and I’m making my opinion known as others are doing too.

Not reworking mace is a missed opportunity for CG in my mind. But hey, if they don’t want our money then so be it.
  • Disappointed, but not surprised. Guess we'll have to see how KAM's kit impacts the existing GR Jedi.

Their communication is completely irrelevant to people’s reaction. If the Clone Wars window closed and Mace was never reworked then people would still be irritated/disappointed. We just got to be disappointed a bit early. Their decision to ignore one of the more requested Jedi reworks, and leave him face down in the gutter despite him being a central figure in the current content is why some are unhappy. They could tell us now, or we could piece it together later. The reaction would be pretty similar.
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2019

So is this the real hidden message behind the Road Ahead comment about we'll be slapping our forehead in disbelief?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Yeah. If they meant to say it could still come later it’s poorly worded. They said not long ago that the LSGeoTB marks the end of Clone Wars content. For them to say pretty directly, “don’t gear him. He’s not getting updated” seems pretty clear. I want to believe it could still happen, but the key to contentment is lowered expectations.

Dont panic gear him. Sooooo.... the is still hope.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I’m glad he outright told us. I don’t think it’s the right course and I’m making my opinion known as others are doing too.

Not reworking mace is a missed opportunity for CG in my mind. But hey, if they don’t want our money then so be it.
    He’s a very easy toon to gear, and an easy toon to farm

CG definitely isn’t losing money on not reworking him
  • BetterCallMaul
    250 posts Member
    edited November 2019

So if he was reworked and needed for LS TB people wouldn’t spend like crazy to finish gearing and, more importantly, getting him to R7? Rework + relic packs = Cash. To think otherwise is just wrong.

You don’t think people would spend money on him to relic him? Or any other Jc members? Say you rework him to have amazing synergy with Ki Adi to be a solid counter to separatists and make a true back and forth matchup. You don’t think people would spend to unlock Ki-Adi faster by getting their other toons maximized to collect max shards quicker?