Return of the Clone Wars - what do you want to see?

Boo
4134 posts Member
edited November 2019
As we all know the animated Clone Wars was cancelled upon the purchase of Lucasfilm by Disney.

So many plot lines abruptly halted - what happened to certain characters? I hope the return of the clone wars next year, will explain and tie up some lose ends.

I feel big things left to be explained in comics and novels is pretty weak story telling. I would like to see the conclusion of certain characters and plot lines - my top ones are:

1. Maul and the Nightsisters. Sidious defeated Maul and killed his brother. He stated he had plans for Maul. In the comics (Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir) Sidious used Maul to draw out Mother Talzin and the Nightsisters to eradicate them from being a threat to his future plans. I would like to see this take place when we return to the clone wars - The end of the Nightsisters and Mother Talzin, as well as how Maul escapes, and explanation as to how he got to where he did in order to appear in Solo.

2. Cad Bane. There was deleted/unfinished content where Boba Fett (now clad in his memorable Mandalorian armor) draws pistols against Cad Bane in a western style shoot out on Tatooine. Cad shoots Boba in the head - explaining the iconic dent in Fett's helmet, but Fett guns down Cad Bane, killing him. I'd love to see this end, especially as this then means Fett takes the title of the most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy from Bane.

3. Asaj Ventress - I understand from the comics, Ventress returns to the light and joins the Jedi, but is killed before the end of the clone wars. I would like to see her plot line come to fruition.
My only argument with this would be it would prove as evidence to the jedi that someone once potent with the darkside trained as a Sith could turn away from that path and back to the light. It would weaken the reasoning that Obi Wan and Yoda had, unbelieving that Vader could be redeemed when speaking to Luke. However Ventress' story ends, a conclusion is needed.

4. Bariss Offee - I'd love to see what happens to her, even if she is tried in a criminal court and imprisoned by the republic - only to later join the Imperial ranks as an inquisitor. Something I feel needs to tie up that lose end. It would also be awesome if she is revealed to be the 2nd Sister Inquisitor in Jedi: Fallen Order!!!

That's all I can think of right now - unless any one has any new or different thoughts?
Post edited by Boo on

Replies