The Road Ahead - 11/20/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Reptile wrote: »
    Release Arc Trooper.

Don't worry he's coming soon! There should be a post later today about how he can be earned.
  • The single most disappointed I have ever been in my years of playing this game.
  • It's just CG doing what CG do best 👍
  • Yotommy wrote: »
    So in other words it's too late to release any more Clone Wars Reworks and we will have to make do with a new Rose META.

hopefully this isn't true....
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    We’re looking forward to having old friends (General Hux) and some new friends (Sith Trooper)

Umm...isn't Sith Trooper already in the game?

I was wondering the same

It’s the red FOST looking dude. Also, the lack of new content is annoying. Sounds we are not going to anything other then toons until at least the spring which is a stupid long time.
  • Hux... few anniversary crystals... new players, new players, money, need players...

3 years in and I have sooo much to look forward too 🤯
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I wish we had more stuff told to us regarding sequel content other than two characters
  • Poor boys at CG. I'm pretty sure that they have a perfect orientation that this game has stop it's progress and it is now pretty much nothing but a milking machine. But they have to keep it rolling anyway and put on a brave face. EA wants income, not happy fandom. 5 year plan you say? :)
  • The road ahead ... for who?!? Seems like this game is going BACKWARDS in leaps and bounds. Where is the CONTENT for the end game player?
  • But seriously, this is a new low.

Trying to make out like a "booster pack for $$$" is something good for the community is hilarious.

All I got from the road ahead was.

1. We have to new content, just a load of new OP characters to release who will no doubt require 17 Kryotech to get to gear 11 & some packs to buy.

Allowing us to do old legandaries isn't new content. Its just making old content more accessible. A reasonable QOL change but meaningless to most veterans who dont need help knowing what to farm.
  • I'm wondering if the bundle would deter new players at all. Obviously the biggest setback would be competing with others on the same shard who paid for the bundle while not wanting to spend themselves. The whales will be happy for sure.
  • So fully half the Road Ahead is about a pack for purchase? I wish I could say that's unbelievable, but nothing surprises me anymore.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Soooo, if I understand… people will be able to just level cap to 85 and unlock stuff for free ??

You can pay to unlock all characters and jump to level 85 and looks like enough gear to push then forward

I’m guessing players will go from 0 to 2.5 or 3 million GP?

Highly doubtful. I'm guessing 330 shards of 25 characters: fo, rebels, phoenix, and empire to get legendary toons. Then just gear to get them to g9. I'm guessing $299.
  • So fully half the Road Ahead is about a pack for purchase? I wish I could say that's unbelievable, but nothing surprises me anymore.

the most disappointing Road Ahead ever...
  • Rework Windu. For the love of all humanity.
  • Rework Windu. For the love of all humanity.

2nd
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Reptile wrote: »
    Release Arc Trooper.

Don't worry he's coming soon! There should be a post later today about how he can be earned.

marquee here we come!
  • On a positive note, I love the idea of having legendary, journey and epic events always accessible. Will make it easier to finish up the collection
  • Let's see about that bundle. Considering that a handful of relic materials cost around 100 bucks it'll be interesting to see the pricing of hyperdrive. And its content. It's either crap, overpriced or so ridiculous in scope that it'll take away the fun in the game.

This. The Road Ahead used to be info about upcoming content. Now it’s just an advertisement for the newest milking stand. Beginners Whale Box, only all your money!
  • those features you announced, should have been just Quality of Life update...Seriously this is your road ahead? Either the project manager is a total failure, or he has like 1 developer and one designer working on new content (we already saw past months the tester left long ago).

You guys are a huge disappointment! If it wasnt Starwars IP, you would be on the streets begging for jobs, and no one would hire you.
  • So crumb ignored all of the mace post and commented on Sith trooper to say he has sweet red armor? For real?
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Reptile wrote: »
    Release Arc Trooper.

marquee here we come!

Been here long? We know it won’t be a marquee. Will be farmable from somewhere immediately. Only question is where
  • A few issues I find with this:

Jumping to lv 85 will just give us an influx of lv capped players who have not learned anything.

Also this sounds expensive
    "The specifics of the bundle are coming soon, but we can say that new players will benefit from gaining a starting roster of characters as well as increase their overall account to level 85."

What content-rich area???
    "This, coupled with the release of the Journey Guide, will help these players be positioned to enjoy the most content-rich area of our game and plot a course for them to participate in guilds and elder game content. Veteran players will also receive an incredible deal." (What incredible deal?)

The "Elite group of players" a.k.a the whales... and only this Elite group will recognize that the money from their wallets will be the resource they need to get this gear and resources...
    "Even if they were already level 85 and had most of the characters provided within the bundle, the value that comes from the included gear and resources will be instantly recognizable and more relevant to this elite group of players."
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    So crumb ignored all of the mace post and commented on Sith trooper to say he has sweet red armor? For real?

Well actually, Crumb already told us he won't get reworked (probably) so what else do you want? An empty "we hear you but too bad" post?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They can't actually have expected players to be excited about this.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    So crumb ignored all of the mace post and commented on Sith trooper to say he has sweet red armor? For real?

What would you like him to say? Just repeat that Mace isn’t being reworked? You think it’s his decision?
  • Road ahead summary:
    8qcbs420wwyp.png
  • I’m sorry, but I’m still so **** about not getting a Mace rework that I could care less about the shenanigans in this Road Ahead!

On the other hand, if CG were to come out with a new toon…like General Windu (hint hint CG) that would be outstanding! Wishful thinking I’m afraid!?
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda