So....the Malak rollback was messed up.

2Next

Replies

• I was finally able to submit a ticket....will see what happens.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    CG is clearly broken. They have no idea what they are doing. The overwhelming evidence points to absolute incompetence, or willful disdain for their customers. Either way, I don’t see any reason for any player, from F2P to Kraken, to continue to financially support this game. Do so at your own peril.

After asking whether or not the team has lost members because there was so little communication going on and almost no content the response was no, they‘re just working on big things.
    I believe, as with most things now, this is half true half false. They probably have the same amount of people but the ones that knew more or less what their doing have been moved to their new project while rookies took their places.
    That or the game simply grew too big and into too many different directions, thus they lost overview of their code or the code wasn‘t never intended to do what they‘re doing.

At least it feels like that to me as long term player. It feels like ever since Sith Raid, everything got worse and there‘s like no product testing prior to release. Feels like paying customers are guinea pigs.... and while I do understand that bugs happen, obvious ones like the Malak fiasco should have been noticed on the test server in like 5 minutes...

But absolutely BAD design choices with no planning ahead (expose, more crewless ships than droid ships) simply lead to trouble in the future... instead of working on the root problem, they treat symptoms.
    I am by far no game designer, but even I smell those problems 10 miles against the wind.
    E.g. this game type lives by increasing power (power creep), demanding ever higher HP pools from. Raid bosses. Every attack that scales with maximum health will be outdamaging flatdamagemat some point and must be nerfed. (See expose)

Crewless ships is balanced to be slightly weaker to crew ships and r7. What happens when relic levels get increased? Was it taken into consideration that most crewless ones will be stronger than most other ships (until r7 is achieved?) for a long time? Droids would‘ve been covered by the droid mechanic (Malevolence and vulture e.g.... they are weaker but you get new ones for free)...
    And so on and so forth.... plus we‘re losing ever more basic game ideas....

It‘s a collection game = we‘re punished for having a large roster vs a specialized roster
    It‘s a resource management game = but more crewless ships take that away too
    (Why should I ever gear a mediocre toon to r7 if I can have crewless ships which are there by default? - a bit power...
    What‘s next? Losing the battle part moving to total simulation?

I
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Why didn’t you 7* your Malak? Everyone else seemed to 7* and then even buy gear as quick as possible.

@TheRHOMBUS I am Caden Skywalker from the HSTR server on discord which has 14,000 players. I try events like this several times to prove out strategies and write event guides.

After completing the event and getting the 75 shards, I immediately reported it to EA. It would have been unacceptable personally and as a community leader to 7* my Malak when I had not properly procured the shards.

My personal responsibility was to report the issue and wait.
  • m0rality wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Why didn’t you 7* your Malak? Everyone else seemed to 7* and then even buy gear as quick as possible.

@TheRHOMBUS I am Caden Skywalker from the HSTR server on discord which has 14,000 players. I try events like this several times to prove out strategies and write event guides.

After completing the event and getting the 75 shards, I immediately reported it to EA. It would have been unacceptable personally and as a community leader to 7* my Malak when I had not properly procured the shards.

Your personally responsible for not exploiting the event to the fullest.

Hey. I try to stay inside the lines. I felt like it would be wrong to do that.
    m0rality wrote: »

Hey. I try to stay inside the lines. I felt like it would be wrong to do that.

They expect people to do that. The rollback was to fix for people who did that. So u should have done it. Lesson learned next time capitalize and put it on them to make it right.
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    So this is still an issue for me. Contacting EA Help they just send me to the forum posting about the original bug.
    But I completed the event before the bug was introduced in the event (the second to last time the event came around). I had my shards, didn't activate Malak. And when completing the bugged event had my shards taken away. I can't get them back. I can't but them in the Guild Store. And I'm losing progress in the meantime.
  • NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Omg we were about to forget that some people got free shards and GET due to a bug and you bring it back to the table!!
    Couldn't you suffer in silence..? /irony off

Cant find the thread now but I think the consensus was people were asking players to prove that CG didnt take the shards back, even though they didnt announce a 2nd rollback....

but anyone who still has malak shards isnt gonna come here and day Heeeyyyyyyy I still have my 75 malak or I got my malak 7 star for free because they would get hunted down and robbed for the malak shards.

People still complain CG took too many shards and they can never unlock malak now but CG botched this so bad who knows what actually happened... I think they just stopped talking about it and hope it goes away.