Mace NOT getting an update confirmed [MEGA]

Replies

• Couldn't this post have gone into one of the three other Mace Windu threads at the top of the General Discussion section of the forums? Did this really warrant another Mace thread?

obviously we should flood the board with mace posts until he gets a rework
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Actually what happened on Geonosis that fateful day, canonically, was that Mace Windu messed up, and a legendary mess up it was. Windu, who held the esteemed title Master of the Order(distinct from Yoda's Grand Master title), led some two hundred Jedi to Geonosis in an effort to save Kenobi, and Padme and Anakin who should never even have been there to begin with but whatever. The battle was a bloodbath, and most of the Jedi had died horribly by the time Grand Master Yoda arrived with his army of Fett clones. And honestly what did Windu expect, bringing a relative handful of Jedi to the main planet-factory of the enemy's endless murder-droid army.

So yeah while Windu is awesome you could say he messed up. But he owned up to his mistake, and Passed his title of Master of the Order over to Yoda, who would now be the only Jedi in history to bear both that title along with the Grand Master title.

The main argument for why Windu should be good in this game however, had nothing to do with his strategic planning or decision-making, but rather his legendary combat prowess, and main reason he held his original title to begin with. Windu was an epic lightsaber duellist and probably the best the Jedi had. It's plausible that he would be able to beat Dooku, Anakin, Yoda, Kenobi, you name it in lightsaber combat.

So yeah I don't know. It's not that I'm real-life-angry about this or something, it's just that why the hell would they not take this rather small step to improve their game immensely?

Edited to remove excessive swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Couldn't this post have gone into one of the three other Mace Windu threads at the top of the General Discussion section of the forums? Did this really warrant another Mace thread?

It could- but what fun would that be...

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Well actually, Mace also died.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Mace couldn’t kill a single Sith on screen

Not sure why he would get Anti-Sith synergy
    You can do make similar arguments about a LOT of toons in the game.

Why is Malak anti-Sith?

I don't remember seeing R2 or 3PO do anything for the Resistance other than physically being present(and R2 having a missing piece of BB8's map), yet they synergize in a major way with Resistance.

Wampa is anti-rebel, but the only thing it killed in the movie was a tauntaun. And it's a wild animal, it shouldn't be faction specific anyway.

It would at least make more sense that Mace be anti-Sith since he's supposed to be one of the most proficient saber users in canon and because of Vaapad.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    not gonna lie, would like them to make mace a handless smoking carcass

Uncle Owen and Aunt Peru confirmed.

I welcome the anti-anti synergy with imperial troops
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Lol Aunt Peru!
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

Lol Aunt Peru!

Better than Aunt Argentina. She never cries for me.
  • Mace series coming though? Maybe rework will wait for that.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Typical ... the best fighter in the galaxy who almost killed palpatine and who only lost due to Anakins treachery .... The Palpatine who Yoda could not defeat ...that iconic Mace is in swgoh a wet noodle. Says all. Rip. So Kit Fisto will be great? Or Al Ka Mundi ... and all those who died? The canon of those who ARE wet noodles compared to Mace .... is opened. Sad. Really sad.

[ ] almost killed palpatine.

[X] got suckered again like he did on kamino and cemented anakin's trip to the dark side, like the chump he was
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Mace series coming though? Maybe rework will wait for that.

Could be they were told to hold off until the clone wars series launches in February. It's fun to speculate.

With the focus on engaging newer players it's a definite sign that they are looking to keep the game around for the long term.
  • Rework Windu
    Rework Windu

CG, pull your act together and
    Rework Windu

General Grievous got reworked
    why can't Windu?
  • I feel like this is the place people have been talking.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219106/mace-not-getting-an-update-confirmed-mega/p1

Oh well my thought anyway is he needs to be an attacker that ignores taunts. Just me?
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • My feelings are that they confirmed no more reworks for empire and then the community complained and they reworked Tarkin.

Hopefully it works with Mace too.
  • I'm really disappointed that Mace isn't getting a rework!

Mace is one of the most powerful Jedi in Star Wars history yet his character in this game is pathetically weak! A powerful Mace Windu in SWGOH is sorely needed! C'mon CG, please rework Mace Windu and make him great!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Mace is fine right where he is at....collecting dust at the bottom of my collection
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Mace is fine right where he is at....collecting dust at the bottom of my collection

w/o mods, of course.
  • Finally a mega thread...

But this doesn't stop the angry mob!!!
    Where is the MACE REWORK!!!

#MMGA
  • Looooki wrote: »
    #MMGA
    When I saw this abbreviation the first time on Reddit, I honestly believed it would be a thread about the match making in Grand Arena! 🤣

• the mandalorian is in hype. mace kills a mandalorian. so it looks like the rework will be delayed.
    JK
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    He wont get a rework when they can release Master Windu behind a nice price tag....
  • I didn't realise how emotionally attached I am to SWGOH until I heard that Mace wouldn't get a rework...

I am genuinely sad about this and it is affecting my day in a bad way :(

I remember when I started playing SWGOH almost 3 years ago, Mace was one of the first chars I started farming, because I expected him to be godlike. 3 years down the road and he is still sitting at 7* level 1 :(

I was REALLY hoping that the CLONE WARS theme was going to be the perfect opportunity for CG to rework him, but it seems that that was too much to ask for...
  • Stick wrote: »
    Actually what happened on Geonosis that fateful day, canonically, was that Mace Windu **** up, and a legendary ****-up it was. Windu, who held the esteemed title Master of the Order(distinct from Yoda's Grand Master title), led some two hundred Jedi to Geonosis in an effort to save Kenobi, and Padme and Anakin who should never even have been there to begin with but whatever. The battle was a bloodbath, and most of the Jedi had died horribly by the time Grand Master Yoda arrived with his army of Fett clones. And honestly what the **** did Windu expect, bringing a relative handful of Jedi to the main planet-factory of the enemy's endless murder-droid army.

So yeah while Windu is awesome you could say he **** up. But he owned up to his mistake, and Passed his title of Master of the Order over to Yoda, who would now be the only Jedi in history to bear both that title along with the Grand Master title.

The main argument for why Windu should be good in this game however, had nothing to do with his strategic planning or decision-making, but rather his legendary combat prowess, and main reason he held his original title to begin with. Windu was an epic lightsaber duellist and probably the best the Jedi had. It's plausible that he would be able to beat Dooku, Anakin, Yoda, Kenobi, you name it in lightsaber combat.

So yeah I don't know. If EA doesn't rework Mace then they can go **** themselves. It's not that I'm real-life-angry about this or something, it's just that why the hell would they not take this rather small step to improve their game immensely?

You sound like you believe Star Wars actually happened.

But it did.
  • This party is over

3daaegizfxo0.jpeg

I have played that game. Despite its fails, swgoh is far better. I got bored of the other one in only 2 weeks.

Not sure why anyone would want to jump from one ptw freemium trashfire and play a different yet more generic ptw freemium trashfire. If you left SWGOH because you are upset with things devs are doing here, don't be surprised when the same things happen on your warcraft IP ripoff. Just recognize that this is the way freemium trashfires work and either accept it or go back to playing single purchase games.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    "ptw freemium trashfire" never fails to make laugh because it's so silly to think that! Thanks :smile:
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by Eweff on
  • TVF wrote: »
    "ptw freemium trashfire" never fails to make laugh because it's so silly to think that! Thanks :smile:

Not sure why you think its silly to think that. That's an excellent description of all games of the freemium model (which is basically all mobile games).

Google nails it on the head:

i44kocdlt5lc.png
  • TVF wrote: »

Not sure why you think its silly to think that. That's an excellent description of all games of the freemium model (which is basically all mobile games).

Google nails it on the head:

i44kocdlt5lc.png

While I do not agree that all mobile games are Pay to win, I feel like some could all be argued for. However, it is possible to find an equalibriam. One of my favorite games to play, and is not too bad for pay to win, is Brawl stars. While supercell has faced critisim for also being pay to win (maxing your account in Clash of Clans can cost thousends, with Clash roayle being just as bad) They are trying to make this better activly. In brawl stars, you can Max your account for about 300$s. However, You can also reach about this equivilent by playing for a years. I think that this is a good balence, as it also adds the thing of unlocking certain toons (Am I using that correctly?) at a set amount of experence, in relation to SWGOH, something like Globel power. So for example, a r2 unlock at 100,000 GP. This is apposed to level, as the current system, as you can only obtain the toons by playing the game and getting good at it. Lastly, they give the option that as soon as your account is maxed, you save up resources and get an free unlock and max for the new toon. I don't belive that all games should run this way, but at the same time, it is a good way, and I feel like the game can be speed up by paying, but does not depend on it.
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.