The Road Ahead - 11/20/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Why is this a focus? Or, even a thing. I know the relationship with game changers has eroded, but they still provide the best guides for new ayers.

And do new players prefer reading or watching and listening?

If you were to include a sandbox for new players and old to try them out, then i'd be pumpped.

But its not. And im not. A journey guide? We have those already... Sigh...

I don't think that's what is, I think it's just a confusing name. What I believe they mean is working towards making events clearer and maybe making events permanent. For example, maybe you can play through events with the characters so you can see how they work and which ones you need to farm. I'm in favor of making all the journey events permanently accessible, but we'll see what happens.
  • Also not everyone obsessively scans the internet for progression in a mobile game, some just play it for fun, and things can be confusing if you only find out information about how to get your favourite characters every few months.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    And not everyone likes watching YouTube videos with shouty guys who are as vocal in their whining as they are their strategies. By presenting clearer information in-game they are making it more accessible to more players. Not everyone who plays a game wants to invest their time in the wider community associatied with it.

Plus it makes events available more conveniently for newer players.

Edit: in case it wasn't already obvious, I'd rather read stuff than watch videos about it.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    So crumb ignored all of the mace post and commented on Sith trooper to say he has sweet red armor? For real?

I don't have any update from my post yesterday. There are no plans for Mace a rework at this time

How about a “what the devs were thinking” post about why you did a Clone Wars era in the game without reworking Mace Windu.
  • Anniversary rewards are HORRIBLE. We deserve 4 CWC shards
  • TVF wrote: »
    I can't wait to read complaints about the very generous anniversary gift.

Lol well they have to announce the contents first right?
  • Seriously the road ahead is about you selling a new pack?

So no mace rework. Just another poo TB where we dump rosters. Probably another gear tier or relic tier. Sigh, CG, you make it really hard to like this game.

I always thought Carrie was a sell out, but at least under her we got some content with the constant cash grabs. No you’re lazy and greedy...
  • Are you actually kidding me CG 😂😂😂 I’m laughing so hard (but crying inside)

I’ve given you guys grief for years over numerous mistakes or decisions but never in my life did I think you would outdo yourselves so spectacularly.

“Progression is super slow early and the immense gap between new players and elders is disheartening - what’s the plan, guys?”

A bloody BUNDLE that automatically takes your account to level 85 and boosts you straight to a mid-tier player. Really, honestly, actually, seriously, THAT is your solution? That’s hilarious.

Dear lord hahahahaha
  • So the LARGEST discussion portion was promoting a bundle. You are supposed to be telling us about upcoming CONTENT.
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    Why is this a focus? Or, even a thing. I know the relationship with game changers has eroded, but they still provide the best guides for new ayers.

And do new players prefer reading or watching and listening?

If you were to include a sandbox for new players and old to try them out, then i'd be pumpped.

But its not. And im not. A journey guide? We have those already... Sigh...

I don't think that's what is, I think it's just a confusing name. What I believe they mean is working towards making events clearer and maybe making events permanent. For example, maybe you can play through events with the characters so you can see how they work and which ones you need to farm. I'm in favor of making all the journey events permanently accessible, but we'll see what happens.

This would be very cool!

• Are you actually kidding me CG 😂😂😂 I’m laughing so hard (but crying inside)

I’ve given you guys grief for years over numerous mistakes or decisions but never in my life did I think you would outdo yourselves so spectacularly.

“Progression is super slow early and the immense gap between new players and elders is disheartening - what’s the plan, guys?”

A bloody BUNDLE that automatically takes your account to level 85 and boosts you straight to a mid-tier player. Really, honestly, actually, seriously, THAT is your solution? That’s hilarious.

Dear lord hahahahaha

what exactly did you think would be an appropriate way for n00bs to "catch up?" free malaks? being able to get 3po with just one ewok and a tusken? levels go twice as fast for beginners? serious q
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

they did though
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Are you actually kidding me CG 😂😂😂 I’m laughing so hard (but crying inside)

Dear lord hahahahaha

what exactly did you think would be an appropriate way for n00**** to "catch up?" free malaks? being able to get 3po with just one ewok and a tusken? levels go twice as fast for beginners? serious q

Lets see... off the top of my head:

Super easy progression.
    Less training droids needed
    less gold needed
    higher crystal payouts
    more shards per drop or garunteed drops
    garunteed drops for certain characters
    Higher gold payouts
    Easier farming locations for higher end gear
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

they did though

Screen shot of the list?
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

they did though

Screen shot of the list?

or just look at the announcements for yourself

they did though

Screen shot of the list?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219178/content-update-11-20-2019
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

they did though

Screen shot of the list?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219178/content-update-11-20-2019

Thank you.

Why the in the world is that not in the main board or the dev announcement board?
    UdalCuain wrote: »

they did though

Screen shot of the list?

Thank you.

Why the in the world is that not in the main board or the dev announcement board?

The 3 clone wars chewbacca shards brought a smile to my face for the first time in weeks about this game.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    UdalCuain wrote: »

they did though

Screen shot of the list?

Thank you.

@ShaggyB Unless you are looking for something specific, don't bother with general discussion or the other sub-forums (that's for reading, obviously you should write topics in the correct place so you don't add to the workload of the mods). Hit "Discussion" on the top row of the desktop site, or "recent discussions" on the mobile page menu, and you'll get all the announcements and currently discussed issues across all areas of the forum except guild recruitment. It's a lot better way to keep track of what is happening.

If you've never used it before, there could be a ton of dev announcements taking up a lot of space. Hit the cog to the right of the title and hit dismiss (mobile browser may require a refresh). Voila. Never miss a dev announcement or a hot topic again.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

what exactly did you think would be an appropriate way for n00**** to "catch up?" free malaks? being able to get 3po with just one ewok and a tusken? levels go twice as fast for beginners? serious q

Not sure if you’re defending this decision or are just as creatively starved as these devs are, but here, just off the top of my head:

-You suggested double XP gain? Sure, that’s a good start. Triple it for all I care.

-Adding older or less meta relevant characters to existing shops, or creating a new one

-Moving older or less meta relevant characters that are found in hard nodes to earlier nodes (Baze Malbus is not still good enough to be on 9-C)

-Increasing the hard node sim limit from 5 back to 8

-Increasing the drop rate on character shards in general.

Stars are no longer the barrier to entry to the late game, and they haven’t been for a while. The only exceptions to this rule are farmed through Guild Event Currency.

But lol nah - the only thing they’ve been capable of coming up with for the past few months is their precious bundles

• Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Good lord I wonder how much that bundle will cost.

k2mxgdc0mv6q.gif
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • The road ahead
    That's it
    lol
    Nothing to see people just keep moving along
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I must have read a different road ahead post apparently
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Cg's answer for the gear grind is a new pack lol. Sounds about right.
  • Joegetta
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Serious question CG did you actually think the player base would be happy with this road ahead post? Cause all I read was that you are giving old and new players a brand new way to whale harder(spend a crap ton of money)...That's all.
  • Joegetta wrote: »
    Serious question CG did you actually think the player base would be happy with this road ahead post? Cause all I read was that you are giving old and new players a way to whale harder(spend a crap ton of money)...That's all.

Hm. You must not have read the same thing I did. I think it looks good. I'm going to remain positive until it turns negative. Personally, I'm excited about the next movie content(General Hux)
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Soooo, if I understand… people will be able to just level cap to 85 and unlock stuff for free ??

You can pay to unlock all characters and jump to level 85 and looks like enough gear to push then forward

I’m guessing players will go from 0 to 2.5 or 3 million GP?

Highly doubtful. I'm guessing 330 shards of 25 characters: fo, rebels, phoenix, and empire to get legendary toons. Then just gear to get them to g9. I'm guessing $299.

I think your on the right track but over shooting their generosity.

IF (big if) they were to give out a 7* character in the pack my guess is its someone from the Bronziums list. (See below)

And I doubt it would be 5 full groups. Maybe 2 Groups, 1 LS, 1 DS.

And I wouldn't put it past them to give out 145 shards for 5*, the minimum to do a Legendary, or maybe something like 280 shards & then the last 50 is when the game opens that character for you as part of the intro, like 3* CW-Chewie which would push from 280 to 330.

Giving out 7* Phoenix completely removes the profit from there Phoenix/Ghost/Phantom bundles.
    Ditto Empire & First Order which also have big bundle packs.

I think if they did give out Empire it would be far more likely the 3 grunts from Bronzium, Snow, Storm, & Royal.
    That way Vader & Tarkin would round out the group for R2.

I think you got the price right too, something with 2+ full groups of 5-7* characters would end up being $299.
  • We can buy a entire account with Malak on Facebook for less than U$39,90. How much will cost the HyperWhale bundle?