The Road Ahead - 11/20/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• I just found it lacking new content, like the ship raid (hopefully death star sim) and other stuff coming
  • I just found it lacking new content, like the ship raid (hopefully death star sim) and other stuff coming

Better hope it doesn’t say ship raid. Who wants that trash, so few capital ships and just complex ships in general. It would be a headache
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Joegetta wrote: »
    Serious question CG did you actually think the player base would be happy with this road ahead post? Cause all I read was that you are giving old and new players a way to whale harder(spend a crap ton of money)...That's all.

Hm. You must not have read the same thing I did. I think it looks good. I'm going to remain positive until it turns negative. Personally, I'm excited about the next movie content(General Hux)

Ok........... I don’t think YOU read the same thing we all did, They didn’t give us anything we didn’t already know about with the rise of skywalker content, they announced a beginners guide that will more then likely be totally and completely useless to veterans, gave us a new way to spend money, which I won’t be doing, and then to top it all off they’re giving veterans another totally useless 0 prestige portrait and titles. Cool content

They said it was going to be useful for beginners and veterans alike. I've seen a lot of negativity on the forums with every patch released and I don't think it's right. The basis for your negative comment is that CG has messed up in the past, and thus will continue to mess up. I will wait and reserve judgment until it releases.
  • I am a day one player, who mock me if you will I have not missed a single day in four years. I have run a guild for nearing two years of that time. I rarely post on the board, but a road ahead that is 90% about selling a bundle that will help people who are new while adding two characters that no one seems excited by in passing sucks. I have defended CG to the hilt and have loved this game to death. But hard to defend anything over the last four or so months where every decision ends up having issues, delays, or money grabs tied in. I am still playing as I love the guildmates and friends I have made over four years, but there will be no migration in my future to the next project from here.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Wow the answer to the game has too big of a wall to join as a new player is to make a bundle to buy....

lol if its over $30 you are seriously hurting your game.

My bet is its about $300 or more

The pack isn't the way to get over the wall the pack is a way to monetize it. But the real plan to help new players is to take legendary and journey characters off 3 month cycles. So that they can casually low key farm the characters and get them as they can, with no pressure to overgear for the events (I know for me, I overgear, because If I try to go for minimum gear unlocks and miss it, that's another 3 months I have to wait). So you can try unlocking CLS with gear 7 and 8's, 3PO with gear 8's and 9's, etc. It'll reduce the gear requirements because you'll be able to try as many times as you like whenever you like, which will make getting those characters require less gear investment and never require them to be a "focus" of a player's farm. The way events are now if you aren't laser focused, you're never going to get ready for a legendary inside of 3 months. You're going to miss the event, and then have to wait another 3 months with probably useless characters that are only really needed for the event

Right now I'm giving up on farming my ewoks because I don't think I'll have Logray in time. It means I have a half invested in Ewok team that can't really do anything.
    all because it might take me a week or two more on Logray shards to make it.
  • well they messed up big time with malak , it was only few weeks ago (they didint offer anything nice to say sorry , specially the one who spend money to be on time ) , they are simply all about the money, its just glorified pack they want to sell again, as Crazygone said i dont expect nothing good from CG anymore anyway , i try to enjoy the game as it is because they will not do any nice big change anytime soon , they add the stupid relics system for whales and thats what turned me off from competing (btw im rank 411 kyber) , just keep farming without having hopes or dreams about this game.
  • Not exactly what anyone hoped they meant by 'helping players catch up with the game'

Should have been gear alleviation. Better guild store items and more sources of the currency, at least.
  • So basically the only new players they are interested in helping are ones that want to be whales? So translation is you don't care about new players and want to make it a better experience for them, you just care about money. EA strikes again!
  • All these strategy are good for the game these bundle to help newer people. It’s critics to make this game longer. The only thing is that the timing to introduce this is not good. The tbls took too long to go out. We have already all toon recommanded to play this TB except the arc trooper that we will 7* in a month. Basically we are still waiting for something and we hope after these bundle that rise of skywalker will make this game great again.
  • Man it hurts being ftp haha. All this amazing "new content" that only end game can pretty much get and even then, they are gonna have to decide on what to get with our GET tokens. How do you choose? Malak, G$, Malevolence, Negotiator?! Galaxy or laughs now. I get closer to actually becoming competitive and this new crap coming out just destroys me lol. Love it. :)

I never post like this but I can't hold it in anymore, CG is just incompetent and this road ahead looks very disappointing too. 5 paragraphs talking about a new pack to buy! What about people who can't afford to spend money?!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    There is a journey guide for those people
  • I’m sorry, but are there mass numbers of new players lined up complaining about the game that’s causing this focus on new players? What about all the CURRENT players complaining about new content?! With so many people quitting this game because of the LACK OF CONTENT and pay to play mechanics that keep getting shoved in our faces, your decision is the same as it always is. Screw the current players, let’s try to find new suckers that will dump money in to this game.

Your gonna offer new players a “fast forward button” , basically, so they can catch up to the people who decide to stay, and in a few months, they’ll be right where we are complaining about the lack of NEW CONTENT!!!

And with the amount of bugs and technical issues you keep having, it’s clear that you guys don’t have a freakin’ clue on what you’re doing. Keep up the great work! (That was sarcasm in case you had any technical issues understanding that).
  • I wish CG would actually reward its player base for once giving us good free stuff instead of giving more pay-to-win content. The only thing that seems to be consistent this year is the player base getting screwed over time and time again. They've done some good things (clone wars love was nice), but too many bad things happened that the good things don't even come close to making up for it (Malak shard fiasco, saying they want a balanced meta but then making malak and darth revan broken, adding almost impossible to obtain g13 pieces and relics that require hard to farm gear normally given/needed for all top-tier characters (stun cuffs, stun guns, carbantis, kyrotechs, etc.) so close to each other, saying we'll ease the gear crunch but adding the Negotiator, Malak, and General Skywalker to the mark 1 and mark 2 guild event token currency which is normally for endgame pieces of gear). Love how every time you say you do something, you end up doing the opposite. I hope these comments in the forums actually move the devs to actually do something that we want but then again, when was the last time they ever listened to the community? Do they even care about us?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Is no one upset that they put GG Capitol ship in guild event store!!!!! This is ridiculous!! And I know there's gonna be those they say "well you don't have to spend guild event tokens on general skywalker or malek or negotiator or malevolence" but really who are they kidding!!!! The next 2 years will be all about banking guild event tokens and forget about purchasing stun guns which every toon needs 2-4 of them!!!! So how much fun is 2 years of banking GET?????🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    This post will probably be removed by tomorrow like most of my post usually are!!!

Probably everyone is frustrated but this was super expected and just, given that it's counterpart nego is the same way as well. Our completionist desires are our own to deal with, the message is super clear here, make a pick.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    xPat3678x wrote: »
    Man it hurts being ftp haha. All this amazing "new content" that only end game can pretty much get and even then, they are gonna have to decide on what to get with our GET tokens. How do you choose? Malak, G$, Malevolence, Negotiator?! Galaxy or laughs now. I get closer to actually becoming competitive and this new crap coming out just destroys me lol. Love it. :)

I never post like this but I can't hold it in anymore, CG is just incompetent and this road ahead looks very disappointing too. 5 paragraphs talking about a new pack to buy! What about people who can't afford to spend money?!

People that cant afford to spend can still acquire everything it just takes time. Having little money is not an excuse to be given stuff. Enjoy the little things, this game is a very little thing when it comes to life. Play it, enjoy it. I have never walked into a store and been given free product, nor have I expected it.

You dont need to keep up with anyone! You are awesome the way you are, keep it going!
  • I wish I could say that I'm surprised by how bad this road ahead post sounds, but sadly I'm not.
  • When you are out of ideas just add a new way to spend money and take the afternoon off.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I wish CG would actually reward its player base for once giving us good free stuff

Well actually it's coming in a few days so chin up!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You celebrate GA whereas I despise it. I haven't even joined the current one because even the amount of work to set a defense is too much for the mediocre rewards it gives!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    charlyw64 wrote: »
    You celebrate GA whereas I despise it. I haven't even joined the current one because even the amount of work to set a defense is too much for the mediocre rewards it gives!

GA is actually the practice mode everyone keeps asking for.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    On a positive note, I love the idea of having legendary, journey and epic events always accessible. Will make it easier to finish up the collection

Lol CG drooling over not having to give 4 mods and 4 random gear to people anymore more likely
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    This is so hilarious.
    1. To celebrate anniversary, we will have cheaper crystal packs? Wow, let's party! Edit: Didn't see this before: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219178/content-update-11-20-2019 That is actually very nice anniversary gift.
    2. Legendary, Hero, Journey anytime - that is good but few years late. Btw. does it mean that we will be able to play Mythics every day?
    3. The journey guide? So far it sounds like investing into something, community will always do better for free.
    4. Hyperwhale bundle. Really? There is almost no influx of new players since Panda game and this will definitely not make it any better.

To further elaborate the last point. I'm in a small guild and we never had any requirements for people to join us apart of guild intro message not being English. We took new players and let them grow. Most of them stopped playing after few weeks or months and eventually were removed but half of the guild are 1M-3M GP players who came as newbies and stayed.

Every free space in our guild was filled by a new player within two days. This is how it worked until Panda game. Since Panda game, we had just one new player joining and 5 places are free for a month. For me this is the proof that the game doesn't have enough new players and I don't believe that anything mentioned in this post is going to change it - especially if it involves paying for a bundle. Bundle which will push old players forward as well.

If you want to motivate new players to stay and feel progress of the game, find another way and make it F2P. Make it triple drop on everything for first 3 months and double drop for next 3 months or whatever.

Post edited by Ladislav on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ladislav wrote: »
    This is so hilarious.
    1. To celebrate anniversary, we will have cheaper crystal packs? Wow, let's party!
    2. Legendary, Hero, Journey anytime - that is good but few years late. Btw. does it mean that we will be able to play Mythics every day?
    3. The journey guide? So far it sounds like investing into something, community will always do better for free.
    4. Hyperwhale bundle. Really? There is almost no influx of new players since Panda game and this will definitely not make it any better.

To further elaborate the last point. I'm in a small guild and we never had any requirements for people to join us apart of guild intro message not being English. We took new players and let them grow. Most of them stopped playing after few weeks or months and eventually were removed but half of the guild are 1M-3M GP players who came as newbies and stayed.

Every free space in our guild was filled by a new player within two days. This is how it worked until Panda game. Since Panda game, we had just one new player joining and 5 places are free for a month. For me this is the proof that the game doesn't have enough new players and I don't believe that anything mentioned in this post is going to change it - especially if it involves paying for a bundle. Bundle which will push old players forward as well.

If you want to motivate new players to stay and feel progress of the game, find another way and make it F2P. Make it triple drop on everything for first 3 months and double drop for next 3 months or whatever.

1. We are also getting some free rewards, which are pretty awesome.
    2. Good thing is good, mythics will probably stay on schedule.
    3. Not everyone comes to forums/reddit/etc.
    4. Let's wait how this one pans out, it's far too early to judge. Could be good or bad, depending on what is included and what it costs.