The Road Ahead - 11/20/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Well I get where you come from and that you want to help out new players makes absolutely sense.
    However as a "veteran" of this game this is a bit underwhelming. I would suggest that you rework old characters. There are still a lot of Jedis which are garbage.
  • HondoOhnaka
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    So we are Getting into situation where CG gives us [removed]and we have to pay for it? Like seriously? How far will you go with destroying this game? You are giving us worser and worser news this year and we are realy afraid how far with all this crap you will go...

Can you finally do something good to the comunity?

Removed swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • What is surprising to me is, that some months maybe a year ago they took back the extra experience you gained from finishing all those quests they implemented for those that start a new game with the argument, that they would rise to fast to higher levels without understanding the game. Now they celebrate a new solution that seems to increase the problem they earlier claimed to fix but now it will all work out, because you pay for it.
    A twisted logic indeed.
  • charlyw64 wrote: »
    You celebrate GA whereas I despise it. I haven't even joined the current one because even the amount of work to set a defense is too much for the mediocre rewards it gives!

This particular GAC is bad rewards, so I'm going for the Trapped in Carbonite title, but normally GAC is a good source of zetas, omegas, and is one of the most consistent ways of gettin 6dot mod materials.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    DarthPhaco wrote: »
    No new content??? No new raid? Just a bundle and a guide to journey events that you can find on any website? CG spent all their time screwing around with Malakgate and angering the entire community. Now, they have no new content to release and instead will offer an overpriced bundle that will have slicing mats and relic stuff for $999.99

Well actually:

LSTB - new content in two weeks.

Raid - already discussed that it's targeted for early next year.

What else were you expecting?

This is like defending that [removed] smells nice because it is yours.

LSTB - even if we call it new content (which is very borderline statement), it should have already be released and definitely does not belong to road ahead for next 3+ months

Raid - yes, but since it is not in this road ahead, it is very unlikely to happen until next road ahead.

So yes. This road ahead does not promise any new playable content. Toons and ships are not a new content. They are just a way how to monetize the game again and again.

Now back to LSTB. I call it borderline new content. It brings something new and challenging but does not extend the gameplay since it replaces another content. It is like making raid tokens shared cross all raids.

Bypassing the profanity filter is against the rules ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Ladislav wrote: »
    DarthPhaco wrote: »
    No new content??? No new raid? Just a bundle and a guide to journey events that you can find on any website? CG spent all their time screwing around with Malakgate and angering the entire community. Now, they have no new content to release and instead will offer an overpriced bundle that will have slicing mats and relic stuff for $999.99

Well actually:

LSTB - new content in two weeks.

Raid - already discussed that it's targeted for early next year.

What else were you expecting?

This is like defending that s**t smells nice because it is yours.

LSTB - even if we call it new content (which is very borderline statement), it should have already be released and definitely does not belong to road ahead for next 3+ months

Raid - yes, but since it is not in this road ahead, it is very unlikely to happen until next road ahead.

So yes. This road ahead does not promise any new playable content. Toons and ships are not a new content. They are just a way how to monetize the game again and again.

Now back to LSTB. I call it borderline new content. It brings something new and challenging but does not extend the gameplay since it replaces another content. It is like making raid tokens shared cross all raids.

If you are willing to write off anything, you can also find many periods in the game's past life without new content. I guess people are expecting this game with limited scope to spawn mini games inside to be considered something new.
  • i will start off by saying that i have been playing this game for almost 4 years, and i have enjoyed it. this road is not very promising as no real mention of legendary content, a new raid and only minor mention of new toons. is this really the direction that you want to head? a PACK that gets the most talk....kinda sad about this road ahead guys, you can do better.
  • Mace is roadkill on the Road Ahead.

R.I.P. Mace.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    I can't wait to read complaints about the very generous anniversary gift.

Lol well they have to announce the contents first right?

they did though

Screen shot of the list?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219178/content-update-11-20-2019

Thank you.

Why the in the world is that not in the main board or the dev announcement board?

@ShaggyB Unless you are looking for something specific, don't bother with general discussion or the other sub-forums (that's for reading, obviously you should write topics in the correct place so you don't add to the workload of the mods). Hit "Discussion" on the top row of the desktop site, or "recent discussions" on the mobile page menu, and you'll get all the announcements and currently discussed issues across all areas of the forum except guild recruitment. It's a lot better way to keep track of what is happening.

If you've never used it before, there could be a ton of dev announcements taking up a lot of space. Hit the cog to the right of the title and hit dismiss (mobile browser may require a refresh). Voila. Never miss a dev announcement or a hot topic again.

Thanks. Site is a pain on a phone. But that helps
  • Is no one upset that they put GG Capitol ship in guild event store!!!!! This is ridiculous!! And I know there's gonna be those they say "well you don't have to spend guild event tokens on general skywalker or malek or negotiator or malevolence" but really who are they kidding!!!! The next 2 years will be all about banking guild event tokens and forget about purchasing stun guns which every toon needs 2-4 of them!!!! So how much fun is 2 years of banking GET?????🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    This post will probably be removed by tomorrow like most of my post usually are!!!

We pretty much knew that was the case though.

People were begging for that not to be the case. But with kenobi in get2... we knew greavous would be there.

The question is will you finish your GK to 7 star or will you start the GG unlock?
  • The game hits 4 years this week, but I hit my 4 years in January. I'm not a day-1 Star Wars fanatic, but I've been playing a good long time, and I have to say that I'm pleased at their announcements.

Yes, I want the new raid. Yes, I want the new LS GeoTB, but the LS GeoTB is almost here and we've been told the new raid is coming "early next year". Since development isn't entirely predictable, it might be that it's not on the Road Ahead b/c it's still right on that time line, and if it comes in the 1st half of Feb it would fit in this Road Ahead, but the 2nd half would be in the next Road Ahead... so maybe they're just trying not to overpromise when they're not certain what is going to happen?

In any case, I, like everyone else, wants those things. And sure I'm disappointed that the raid isn't here with a firm commitment to hit sometime in the next 3 months.

But YES, continuing to attract new players is important for the overall community. If they really do the new HyperDrive Bundle correctly - price it like a new game you buy for x-box ($40-$70 US) and give you all or almost all the Bronzium toons at 7*, plus maybe a couple others to make a couple complete factions, like ImpTroops or Phoenix - then what you get is players paying a reasonable amount of money that we know people pay for games all the time, and in exchange they don't get meta-anything. They just get the ability to actually play the interesting content that already exists. You've got 7* toons to try to pound on the Rancor. You've got 7* toons with not enough gear to experiment with HAAT so that later on you can see how cool it is to solo a phase and even later you can solo the whole raid and you can remember when...

The "Guide" seems a bit weird because the name "guide" doesn't seem to match what it might do. It doesn't sound like just a list of information about what to farm and when. It sounds like an in-game tool that allows you to do something like "favoriting" an event which might put a special tag on toons so you know which ones to gear, and then lets you play the event when you're ready, not on some arbitrary multi-month schedule. If that's what it is, I think that's absolutely AMAZING and very helpful. Favoriting an event is fantastic. I wish I could favorite GA$ right now.

So, I'm cautiously optimistic. But if it is something like that, then yes. That's good for the community. And if the bundle is price correctly and is extremely generous with the Bronzium toons, then that's good for the community as well.

No, this road ahead wasn't about the new content. But we know the new content was coming and this road ahead tells us that they're planning to make sure the game actually survives. Without knowing that, there's no point in any of us who don't have GA$ investing in the toons to get him, b/c the servers might just shut down before we have a chance.

Investing in the long term health of the game isn't bad. And the right bundle that takes you to babyface level 85 doesn't mean they'll be bored and without content to play - really, they won't even have everything that they need for Hoth TB. These are good things.

Can we ask for more? Should we ask for more? yep.

But what they're talking about are good things to talk about. I'm happy to know they're thinking about these issues.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/89OZHQUVj8qYySblxS0cgel3QtWKjTIb23OJk0a2ru8/https/i.redd.it/1m5cas07lyv21.png

There you go. I got this from reddit a while ago.

If you really want to help new players progress faster, telling them which characters to farm is only the tip of the spear (if that). Farming guides have been floating around longer than I’ve been playing the game.

Helping new players catch up means you need to cut down on the grinds, especially for old characters. 6 months of hard node character farming doesn’t change because you know which characters lead to thrawn or JKR.

-permanent double drops on all characters more than 1 year old.
    -reduce the gear grind significantly so new players can easily get to g12.

These two suggestions will help players far more than providing an in game guide to farming.
  • I’m still in disbelief the Road Ahead was used to promote a bundle for sale. ffs.
  • Monel wrote: »
    xPat3678x wrote: »
    Man it hurts being ftp haha. All this amazing "new content" that only end game can pretty much get and even then, they are gonna have to decide on what to get with our GET tokens. How do you choose? Malak, G$, Malevolence, Negotiator?! Galaxy or laughs now. I get closer to actually becoming competitive and this new crap coming out just destroys me lol. Love it. :)

I never post like this but I can't hold it in anymore, CG is just incompetent and this road ahead looks very disappointing too. 5 paragraphs talking about a new pack to buy! What about people who can't afford to spend money?!

People that cant afford to spend can still acquire everything it just takes time. Having little money is not an excuse to be given stuff. Enjoy the little things, this game is a very little thing when it comes to life. Play it, enjoy it. I have never walked into a store and been given free product, nor have I expected it.

You dont need to keep up with anyone! You are awesome the way you are, keep it going!

Haha I like the way you think homie! But still y'all! I'm real close to being actually competitive! Lol. I stay 100 or lower in Arena and I have a very old shard, with my Palps squad!

Does anyone understand what the journey guide actually is?
  • Helps you target farming
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Helps you target farming

Lol really? I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to do that, or if not there's many guides on YouTube? I thought it might be having the legendaries always there to play? Now that will ACTUALLY help new people... :/
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    What about people who can't afford to spend money?!

You either spend money or time.

If a new player wants to start now, they have 4 years of catch up. CG has finally helped ‘new players’ do just that....(and the community suddenly shifts to “what about end game players”?)

And how exactly did they help new players? What’s the guide going to say? Use google and search “farming guide for swgoh?”
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Helps you target farming

Lol really? I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to do that, or if not there's many guides on YouTube? I thought it might be having the legendaries always there to play? Now that will ACTUALLY help new people... :/
    Not all new players go to YouTube on the first day of starting the game
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Helps you target farming

Yeah, I get that. But we need the legendaries always playable, that will actually help players.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Helps you target farming

Yeah, I get that. But we need the legendaries always playable, that will actually help players.
    They are doing that too

But there will be a cadence for it, I’m guessing after the legendary, journey, epic confrontation is over a year old it will be always available
  • My only real concern is that this is going to scare away new players rather then baiting them. The most complaints of new players that I read on the forums are that they often have to compete with alt accounts of experienced players, thereby being disadvantaged already. Sure, the whales and dolphins put the most money into the game, but the large group of f2p and slight spenders are equally important for the health and longevity of a game like this. The reason most people start playing is the expectation that you can have fun for free, can get advantages by spending money, but not being forced to do so. If I was starting with the game right now, in a new arena shard and all, of course there would be some whales as always, but even with spending they couldn't rush everything, there were still limits in regard to progression. The problem with this new pack is that people will have to consider which road to take from the beginning: just having fun and progressing the way it's meant to be, or spend and skip everything to be able to compete in the pvp parts of the game. I can only say, I'm glad that I've been playing for such a long time already and that things were easier back then when I started.
  • Thank you development team - for your hard work and generosity. :)
  • Ultra wrote: »
    If we get Sith Trooper this month than I guess it’s safe to say he’s the reason Royal Guard is the login toon

You know what would be cool? If Sith Trooper was the login character.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    If we get Sith Trooper this month than I guess it’s safe to say he’s the reason Royal Guard is the login toon

You know what would be cool? If Sith Trooper was the login character.

Everyone always wants more free stuff right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The guide thing sounds great, can't wait to see it. Also still looking forward to the LS Geo TB (LGTB? Can we call it that?). Anniversary presents look great to me too.

Hyperdrive bundle superficially sounds like a reasonable thing. Telling new players they have to play for a couple years before they can unlock all the legendaries is an increasingly losing proposition. It's hard to convince FTP that this is something they should do and I would imagine even PTP would balk at the numerous paywalls currently in place. So I applaud the effort to provide a quicker path forward. However, the Hyperdrive bundle will put FTP at an insurmountable disadvantage in their Squad Arena since they will be getting matched up with new PTP that immediately Hyperdrive their way past them.
    Perhaps a reasonable PTP/FTP compromise would be to offer an Achievement that would unlock the Hyperdrive bundle for free. So PTP has the option of starting Day 1 with the Hyperdrive bundle and rocketing into higher-end content like raids and TBs, but FTP can choose to take the slower path and work toward unlocking the Hyperdrive Achievement (whatever that is) which would then launch them into the higher-end stuff. Probably won't happen but I think it would be a good idea.

It seems to me that most of the new content in the last year has been end-game focused. There have been a number of posts from new players pointing this out, that only whales and veteran players can play the new stuff. It's about time the devs focus on the early-game experience. It's a good move and overdue.
    To that end, making some of the hard node characters easier to get is also overdue. Put their farming locations in Hyperdrive too. Increase their drop rates and/or move them into other locations like GW/Cantina/Arena/etc. store. Must Scav Rey, Resistance Trooper, Baze Malbus, Sabine Wren, Young Lando, Vandor Chewie, etc. etc. be forever locked behind hard node farms?

I for one still have a ton of progress to make before I can 4/4 anything in P4 DGTB so with the upcoming release of LGTB it seems fine that they take some time to focus on early-game while the players focus on how to master the Geo TB. See you on the holotables.