Help a returning player

Prev1
Howdy - first post.

I started playing SWGOH when it launched and stopped playing 4(?) years ago when I couldn’t get 5 jedis in time to fully unlock Yoda. I came back a few weeks ago. I was bombarded with a billion features and systems. I also watched a couple of videos and read posts here to realize that most of my characters suck :)

My plan is/has been to:
1) Develop a 5th Jedi to 7* to get Yoda
- I went with Ahsoka based on where I had her and I just got it

2) Farm the Phoenix Squad
- This is next, I've been doing some in parallel

3) Get Thrawn, maybe Palpatine

4) Build a decent Empire squad

5) Build a better Jedi team

Thoughts?

My main Dark Side team is nightsisters, light side Jedi. I’m obviously clueless about mods, fleet and guilds. Learning that slowly.

I would really appreciate if somebody could check my roster and let me know if you identify any potential good teams I’m missing. Feel free to make fun of my 7* Koth and 6*Jedi Guardian :)

https://swgoh.gg/p/153658565/

Replies

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Jedi are crap outside of Old Republic, GMY, GK, and the new GAS.
    Majority of Jedi are useless. However, the best advice is just build what you enjoy collecting. That’ll save you so much frustration. So if you enjoy Jedi then ignore me being crabby.
  • I'm not really one to talk, being on about the same level as you, level 65 for me, but I know how you feel. I played SWGOH back when it launched, when the health bars were curvy. :smile: For some reason jedi knight revan is EVERYWHERE. So if you are looking for a jedi squad, that is a way to go. This is the team comp for Jedi at the moment: e7myfvxrw8fu.png
    Mods are quite fun, if you want some just good basic builds, go to a person that has mods (level 50 and up) and click on the mod thing. Then, in that menu, go to advanced, and it should show an auto fill for mods. This should help, but just keep experementing.
    For ships, I've just started, but from what I can tell it seems to be this for the capital ships:
    tarken: all about offence, but not good at defence
    Ackbar: Great at keeping your ships on top, but mostly just buffing your own ships.
    Mace: good at debuffing enemy ships, but mainly support. you seem to need strong ships for him.
    guilds are hard to find an active guild, the one i'm in a has a couple very high level player that just kinda exist, but gives advise.
    p057fk6rreun.png

I haven't seen that many nightsister team comps anywhere on competitive right now, but that doesn't mean they are not good. The meta where I am at seems to be a Nute gunray sepratist team comp right now, really annoying. :/. O well I hope this helps.
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • dude just start a new account really. you would be so far behind and in a very old shard
  • igotthelog wrote: »
    I'm not really one to talk, being on about the same level as you, level 65 for me, but I know how you feel. I played SWGOH back when it launched, when the health bars were curvy. :smile: For some reason jedi knight revan is EVERYWHERE. So if you are looking for a jedi squad, that is a way to go. This is the team comp for Jedi at the moment: e7myfvxrw8fu.png
    Mods are quite fun, if you want some just good basic builds, go to a person that has mods (level 50 and up) and click on the mod thing. Then, in that menu, go to advanced, and it should show an auto fill for mods. This should help, but just keep experementing.
    For ships, I've just started, but from what I can tell it seems to be this for the capital ships:
    tarken: all about offence, but not good at defence
    Ackbar: Great at keeping your ships on top, but mostly just buffing your own ships.
    Mace: good at debuffing enemy ships, but mainly support. you seem to need strong ships for him.
    guilds are hard to find an active guild, the one i'm in a has a couple very high level player that just kinda exist, but gives advise.
    p057fk6rreun.png

I haven't seen that many nightsister team comps anywhere on competitive right now, but that doesn't mean they are not good. The meta where I am at seems to be a Nute gunray sepratist team comp right now, really annoying. :/. O well I hope this helps.

It does! Thanks for the detailed write up.

That Jedi team seems overwhelming but I guess I’ll take it one step at a time :) the sad part is that the characters are not very iconic.

Is it still worth getting Phoenix?
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    dude just start a new account really. you would be so far behind and in a very old shard

What does that mean? Am I paired with users that started playing when I did? That would suck lol
  • Le_Blille wrote: »
    dude just start a new account really. you would be so far behind and in a very old shard

What does that mean? Am I paired with users that started playing when I did? That would suck lol
    In squad and fleet arenas, yes.
  • My top team currently is a Phoenix, and I see it everywhere as well in squad arena. I don't know about this paring system, but you might have a hard time getting back up if it is true.
    Also, I agree that it is too bad the Jedis are not very iconic. I wish the best jedi build was a grand jedi council build with mace/yoda/yaddle/insert favorite person here. BTW where is Yaddle? I miss female yoda
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Le_Blille wrote: »

In squad and fleet arenas, yes.

Thanks. I’ll consider restarting but I’m not sure I have it in me. Restarting now that I am in lvl 77 may be painful, you know, replaying all dark and light etc
    igotthelog wrote: »
    My top team currently is a Phoenix, and I see it everywhere as well in squad arena. I don't know about this paring system, but you might have a hard time getting back up if it is true.
    Also, I agree that it is too bad the Jedis are not very iconic. I wish the best jedi build was a grand jedi council build with mace/yoda/yaddle/insert favorite person here. BTW where is Yaddle? I miss female yoda

I’ll keep farming Phoenix then, thx!

I was pretty hopeful re Mace and the potential rework. Not holding my breath for Yaddle lol
  • I'm honestly going to advise that you simply restart; it won't take you more than a couple weeks to get back to where you were in terms of levels and character progression (and considering your arena/fleet shards are going to be full of ancient accounts you'll be better off than you currently are).

Once you've restarted--or have decided to simply stick with your current account--I'm going to suggest that you get your bases covered: you'll want/need a decent light side team, a decent dark side team, a team of scoundrels, Executrix and six additional dark side ships. These teams will help you three star the normal energy and cantina tables; scoundrels will give you access to Heists (you won't need to worry about star rating on your scoundrels for Heists, but you'll need to upgrade them eventually, depending on your choice in scoundrels); and the ships, at six stars for the last level of the ship challenge, will give you access to zeta ability materials (you'll need them to upgrade certain abilities available at 82, 84, or 85).

A Phoenix team will give you a solid start, and a LS team you won't need to take past G8/G9 until much later (you can always borrow a more powerful allied toon to three star the last levels of the LS hard nodes, and G9 is more than sufficient for Palpatine/Thrawn; you won't really need to take them higher unless your guild is doing Hoth TB or you need their ships to have a little more oomph). A DS team is a little more complicated and will probably change a bit based off what your goals are... a combination of Empire/Bounty Hunters (you'll need a full Empire team for R2-D2, and Bounty Hunters are Scoundrels and you'll eventually want them just to get Chewie) could work. For ships, I'd recommend grabbing the easiest ones you have access to (TIEs, Bugs, etc), you shouldn't need to take pilots past G8/G9 to three star the fleet challenge that gives you zetas.

For mods, it's easiest to start off focusing on Health sets--you should three star all the mod challenges ASAP anyway--since those will give you a solid foundation and flexibility down the line. You're ideally looking for speed secondaries (only arrows have a speed primary) and you'll probably want to sell anything that doesn't come showing a speed secondary (you can forgo this advice down the line, as you come to understand mods better, but in order to conserve you resources only level/use green mods that already show a speed secondary; take blues to six, and purples to 3 and then only upgrade them further if they give you stats you want).

For guilds the recruitment forum here--or recruitment chats on discord--are your best bet. If you need an ally, or have additional questions my ally code: 634-478-835
  • Please note:

RESTARTING WILL NOT HELP IN FLEET.

In fleet you are not paired with people who installed the game on the same day you did. Your shard is full of people who unlocked fleet arena the same day you did. Since fleet arena didn't exist when you suspended your game, you won't have to compete against anyone who installed the game near when you did.

However, you will be at a serious disadvantage in Squad Arena for quite a while - basically until the meta turns over 2-3 times and the new meta is one you were prepared for because you skipped one or two metas before it. You'll have to decide if it's worth it to you to start over. I wouldn't, but that's just me.

If you stay with your current account, you'll be at an advantage in some ways in Fleet, b/c you are already level 76 and other people starting fleet are level 60. Your level advantage can help you there for a bit, although not as much as you'll lose by not having the right pilot toons geared...if you don't have the right pilot toons geared.

...and I just looked, and you don't have the right pilot toons geared.

Okay, it might be useful to you to start a new account. But if you're just playing for fun, then I wouldn't want to duplicate the work you've already done - even if it's only a couple months worth of work, that's still 2 months closer to the cool endgame content than you'd be if you start over. You'll have to decide if that's worth it to you.

As for what to work on, I've made previous guides, but the main points are:

Phoenix first. You want all 6 and gearing them is tedious (they require a large amount of Stun Guns, for instance), but is incredibly helpful in fleet - the Phoenix ships are very, very good and require you to gear the Phoenix squad to use them.

Jedi next - Bastila and Jolee Bindu are your foci here. You've already got other jedi, so just grab those two.

Use Phoenix to get Thrawn and Palpatine.

Flesh out Empire who will be very useful in Hoth TB (you won't be ready for Geo TB for a good long while). The best strategy for this is to get a good Imperial Trooper squad together, but use your ITs with Palpatine in the short run before you have enough for 2 separate empire squads. This means getting General Veers finshed right away, and zeta his unique as soon as you have 2 other 7-star ITs. Snowtrooper and Range Trooper are your best-bet easy farms for 2nd and 3rd troopers. In addition to ITs, get to 7* and give gear to both Darth Vader and Tie Fighter Pilot.

Whenever you have a chance, work on Bounty Hunters. They aren't the very first things you need, but they are very useful for a large number of events that provide important resources (Galactic Bounties, Credit Heist, etc.). Since you have to have Bossk, IG-88, Boba, and Cad Bane to get the Millennium Falcon, you might as well make those 4 of your first BH toons. Since you need 4 bounty hunter ships (Hound's Tooth, Xanadu Blood, Slave 1, and IG-2000) to get the Falcon and since Jango comes free with one of them (Hound's Tooth) that gives your starting BH squad.

Unfortunately, IG-88 is less useful in BH squads than elsewhere (esp being paired up with Grievous) and he does very poorly in the very important Chewbacca event. For that reason, you are going to want Dengar as a 6th bounty hunter. Dengar is incredibly useful in Chewbacca's event and lowers the amount of gear (and/or the number of restarts) needed to complete the event by quite a bit. He's also easier to gear than many toons (though IG-88 is as well).

BUT... with all that said, if the game isn't fun, there's no point in playing. So while Phoenix => Jedi => Empire => BH is a very efficient way to go about things, if you want to do something else because that's more fun to you, then do the fun thing. Always choose the fun thing. It is way too easy for the game to feel like a job with all the long-term work needed to collect and gear characters, so anything you do to make things more exciting and rewarding emotionally/personally is always going to be more important than the things you can do to shave 7.2% off the farm time of a toon you never really liked in the first place.

Take care, and never feel hesitant to ask more questions.
  • I'm honestly going to advise that you simply restart; it won't take you more than a couple weeks to get back to where you were in terms of levels and character progression (and considering your arena/fleet shards are going to be full of ancient accounts you'll be better off than you currently are).

Once you've restarted--or have decided to simply stick with your current account--I'm going to suggest that you get your bases covered: you'll want/need a decent light side team, a decent dark side team, a team of scoundrels, Executrix and six additional dark side ships. These teams will help you three star the normal energy and cantina tables; scoundrels will give you access to Heists (you won't need to worry about star rating on your scoundrels for Heists, but you'll need to upgrade them eventually, depending on your choice in scoundrels); and the ships, at six stars for the last level of the ship challenge, will give you access to zeta ability materials (you'll need them to upgrade certain abilities available at 82, 84, or 85).

A Phoenix team will give you a solid start, and a LS team you won't need to take past G8/G9 until much later (you can always borrow a more powerful allied toon to three star the last levels of the LS hard nodes, and G9 is more than sufficient for Palpatine/Thrawn; you won't really need to take them higher unless your guild is doing Hoth TB or you need their ships to have a little more oomph). A DS team is a little more complicated and will probably change a bit based off what your goals are... a combination of Empire/Bounty Hunters (you'll need a full Empire team for R2-D2, and Bounty Hunters are Scoundrels and you'll eventually want them just to get Chewie) could work. For ships, I'd recommend grabbing the easiest ones you have access to (TIEs, Bugs, etc), you shouldn't need to take pilots past G8/G9 to three star the fleet challenge that gives you zetas.

For mods, it's easiest to start off focusing on Health sets--you should three star all the mod challenges ASAP anyway--since those will give you a solid foundation and flexibility down the line. You're ideally looking for speed secondaries (only arrows have a speed primary) and you'll probably want to sell anything that doesn't come showing a speed secondary (you can forgo this advice down the line, as you come to understand mods better, but in order to conserve you resources only level/use green mods that already show a speed secondary; take blues to six, and purples to 3 and then only upgrade them further if they give you stats you want).

For guilds the recruitment forum here--or recruitment chats on discord--are your best bet. If you need an ally, or have additional questions my ally code: 634-478-835
    Please note:

RESTARTING WILL NOT HELP IN FLEET.

In fleet you are not paired with people who installed the game on the same day you did. Your shard is full of people who unlocked fleet arena the same day you did. Since fleet arena didn't exist when you suspended your game, you won't have to compete against anyone who installed the game near when you did.

However, you will be at a serious disadvantage in Squad Arena for quite a while - basically until the meta turns over 2-3 times and the new meta is one you were prepared for because you skipped one or two metas before it. You'll have to decide if it's worth it to you to start over. I wouldn't, but that's just me.

If you stay with your current account, you'll be at an advantage in some ways in Fleet, b/c you are already level 76 and other people starting fleet are level 60. Your level advantage can help you there for a bit, although not as much as you'll lose by not having the right pilot toons geared...if you don't have the right pilot toons geared.

...and I just looked, and you don't have the right pilot toons geared.

Okay, it might be useful to you to start a new account. But if you're just playing for fun, then I wouldn't want to duplicate the work you've already done - even if it's only a couple months worth of work, that's still 2 months closer to the cool endgame content than you'd be if you start over. You'll have to decide if that's worth it to you.

As for what to work on, I've made previous guides, but the main points are:

Phoenix first. You want all 6 and gearing them is tedious (they require a large amount of Stun Guns, for instance), but is incredibly helpful in fleet - the Phoenix ships are very, very good and require you to gear the Phoenix squad to use them.

Jedi next - Bastila and Jolee Bindu are your foci here. You've already got other jedi, so just grab those two.

Use Phoenix to get Thrawn and Palpatine.

Flesh out Empire who will be very useful in Hoth TB (you won't be ready for Geo TB for a good long while). The best strategy for this is to get a good Imperial Trooper squad together, but use your ITs with Palpatine in the short run before you have enough for 2 separate empire squads. This means getting General Veers finshed right away, and zeta his unique as soon as you have 2 other 7-star ITs. Snowtrooper and Range Trooper are your best-bet easy farms for 2nd and 3rd troopers. In addition to ITs, get to 7* and give gear to both Darth Vader and Tie Fighter Pilot.

Whenever you have a chance, work on Bounty Hunters. They aren't the very first things you need, but they are very useful for a large number of events that provide important resources (Galactic Bounties, Credit Heist, etc.). Since you have to have Bossk, IG-88, Boba, and Cad Bane to get the Millennium Falcon, you might as well make those 4 of your first BH toons. Since you need 4 bounty hunter ships (Hound's Tooth, Xanadu Blood, Slave 1, and IG-2000) to get the Falcon and since Jango comes free with one of them (Hound's Tooth) that gives your starting BH squad.

Unfortunately, IG-88 is less useful in BH squads than elsewhere (esp being paired up with Grievous) and he does very poorly in the very important Chewbacca event. For that reason, you are going to want Dengar as a 6th bounty hunter. Dengar is incredibly useful in Chewbacca's event and lowers the amount of gear (and/or the number of restarts) needed to complete the event by quite a bit. He's also easier to gear than many toons (though IG-88 is as well).

BUT... with all that said, if the game isn't fun, there's no point in playing. So while Phoenix => Jedi => Empire => BH is a very efficient way to go about things, if you want to do something else because that's more fun to you, then do the fun thing. Always choose the fun thing. It is way too easy for the game to feel like a job with all the long-term work needed to collect and gear characters, so anything you do to make things more exciting and rewarding emotionally/personally is always going to be more important than the things you can do to shave 7.2% off the farm time of a toon you never really liked in the first place.

Take care, and never feel hesitant to ask more questions.

Thank you both! Really appreciate the detailed breakdowns!!

I started a new account yesterday and got it to lvl28. It wasn’t too painful but I’m not entirely sold yet. I don’t want to become super competitive in Arena, just not suck completely. In other news, with my lvl 77 account I got 7* Yoda this morning on my first try, so I feel avenged for the reason I first left the game. :)

I think I now get the toon prioritization well (thanks again) but I don’t have a clear picture of what should be the top ships to develop.

So I go for the two Phoenix ships. What do I do right after? Are any of the ones I have worth developing? Maybe the Tie Fighter?

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @MasterSeedy fleet unlocks at level 60. OP is well past that. OP's shard has already been created and is also way ahead just like squad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    @MasterSeedy fleet unlocks at level 60. OP is well past that. OP's shard has already been created and is also way ahead just like squad.

Yeah, the 15 players still on that shard will be so far ahead, he'd have to settle for top 20 in arena.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lol point taken.

Also if OP quit pre-fleet (which seems likely based on OP) then I might be wrong, OP may have only unlocked fleet after coming back since it wouldn't have existed when OP quit.
  • Le_Blille wrote: »
    Thank you both! Really appreciate the detailed breakdowns!!

I started a new account yesterday and got it to lvl28. It wasn’t too painful but I’m not entirely sold yet. I don’t want to become super competitive in Arena, just not suck completely. In other news, with my lvl 77 account I got 7* Yoda this morning on my first try, so I feel avenged for the reason I first left the game. :)

I think I now get the toon prioritization well (thanks again) but I don’t have a clear picture of what should be the top ships to develop.

So I go for the two Phoenix ships. What do I do right after? Are any of the ones I have worth developing? Maybe the Tie Fighter?

For ships you want to start by focusing on dark side ships--Executrix and six other ships with fast-to-moderate farms--and then expand to more meta ships once you have access to zeta materials (if you're in a newer fleet shard--since there's some reasonable confusion over your fleet shard--you should be able to stay competitive just by having ships and pilots invested in slightly for a little while).

As far as more meta ships go you're going to want Hound's Tooth and Millenium Falcon* at the very least, and what comes next will depend on your guild. If your guild is running Geonosis--regardless of whether or not you're personally ready for Geonosis, your guild is going to run what it's going to run. If you can find a guild that's willing to carry you, great; if not, don't sweat it too much--then you're going to want to decide on Negotiator vs. Malevolence and spend your GET2 on your chosen ship exclusively until it's at 7* (and build up the fleet to support the capitol ship; since you're into Jedi, Negotiator is probably more your speed). If your guild isn't running Geonosis then you're going to want to build up a strong rebel fleet--Phoenix ships are pretty great for this, and you'll be able to get Chimaera pretty easily on the side--to help support Millenium Falcon when you get it (Chimaera edges out Home One until you get Falcon).

*Hound's Tooth and Bossk are both very slow farms, so don't rely on him to make up your initial DS fleet (you'll want to snatch up Tie Fighters, including KRU and Vader's, and bugs since they're very fast farms and the pilots aren't too terrible to gear). You'll need the other Bounty Hunter ships--like Seedy said, you'll want Dengar for your actual team, but IG-88 works pretty decently with Grievous, and you may eventually decide on Jango, Aura, or Embo over Cad Bane--in order to unlock Millenium Falcon, and you'll need both Raid Han (HPIT) and Chewbacca to activate the Falcon. Chewie requires some pretty strong Bounty Hunters--he was released with the last round of new legendaries and is probably the hardest of the lot; you're looking at a G10/G11 minimum to 7* him, and that's not including that you're going to want to drop some zetas and omegas on your team, depending on your team make up--even to unlock him, so Falcon and Hound's Tooth are more of a long term goal.

[Click here for a pretty useful character farming spreadsheet/resource]
  • @TVF:
    OP may have only unlocked fleet after coming back since it wouldn't have existed when OP quit.

That was, indeed, what I was saying.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @Le_Blille

The 4 ships you have worth developing right now are Home One (Ackbar's Cap Ship), Ahsoka Tano, TIE, and Geo Soldier's.

As for ships generally, you want

The two Phoenix ships, they're key both early game and endgame.
    DarkSide ships you can get to 5* easily in order to start collecting zetas.
    You also want Rebel ships so eventually you can put together a Millennium Falcon squad
    and
    You want Bounty Hunter ships so you can get the Millennium Falcon itself.

So... how do you go about this?

1. Prioritize gearing Ackbar and Ackbar's capital ship. This is the cap ship you're going to be relying on for quite a while. Tarkin needs some gear, and you'lll have to level his capital ship (Executrix), but don't spend any prestige on leveling its abilities. Use all your prestige on Ackbar right now. Your fighters will win the Zeta challenge, not Executrix
    2. Collect Vader's ship as available.
    3. Immediately start farming the Hound's Tooth (which is the same node as Jango, so that will be extra helpful) because it is literally the best ship in the game, but it's a slow farm. Just plug away using 100 energy a day. It takes a good long while, but don't despair. When you get this thing to 6* or so it's going to be so amazing and it will only get better.
    4. Use GW tokens ONLY on ships for a while. Collect all the ships that routinely appear there. These include Biggs (a good tank to pair with Darth Vader and Tie Fighter Pilot) and a couple Geonosians (Spy and Soldier)
    5. Use Fleet tokens ONLY on ships for a while. You'll pass up a couple of zeta materials you could grab, but the investment will pay off with more crystals and zetas later. Zooming up Tie Fighter and Tie Fighter Advanced (TFP and Vader's ships) is pretty easy (Vader's takes a bit longer).
    6. Clone Sergeant is another good ship to get (and available with fleet tokens), but it doesn't fit into any early necessary teams (you need dark side for zetas, rebels for Ackbar synergy and to get Thrawn's ship, BH to get the Falcon). As attractive as it is, you'll want to put clone Sergeant on a tier below those other ships. You can quickly level and gear the ship as soon as your other priorities are done.
    7. As soon as you have completed the zeta mat challenge with whatever characters were convenient to you (probably TIE, TIE Advanced, 2xGeonosians + Kylo Ren Unmasked's TIE Silencer + one or two (if TIE Silencer isn't ready) 2 bounty hunter ships that were easiest for you to farm - likely to be Slave 1 and Hound's Tooth), it's time to go full speed on Bounty Hunter ships (Hound's Tooth you've been steadily working on, Slave 1 is easy to get, but now you need IG-2000 and Xanadu Blood)
    8. If they're easy to get, don't be afraid to add ships for toons you plan on gearing anyway. It's good to have extra ships even if they don't fit into your short-term plans during the early game. They'll be useful in Grand Arena Championships and also for fitting into platoons in Territory Battles. The best way to do this is to pick up extra ships with GW tokens. You can get a bunch of good Galactic Republic ship blueprints there for characters you'll eventually gear up anyway. Ahsoka Tano is like this. Same with 5s ship the Umbaran Starfighter and Jedi Consular's ship. Pick those up, but prioritize the ships in your plan when you have to choose. The only characters you need early that are in the GW store are CadBane and Biggs, so once you have those, it's full focus on ships in the GW store for quite a while.
    9. Finally, especially for the ships in step 8 but really for any of them - don't be afraid to leave a ship at level 1. If you have 3 great Bounty Hunters, you can still get the Falcon with the fourth BH ship at level 1, but it has to be 5* to unlock and 7* to complete the Falcon because otherwise you just don't qualify. Qualification is based on stars, not levels and gear. Never forget that it takes a long time to get ships (and characters) to seven stars, but it doesn't take that long to gear them and level them if you are working on only one character or ship at a time. They aren't useless at 7*/level1/gear1. Don't panic and give them just a few resources. Don't be afraid to collect shards or blueprints for ships or toons when you have no money or gear to improve them. The weird truth is that while it takes a long time to star things up, you can work on a lot of different ships and toons at once. When it comes to gear, you'll work on only one character at a time. It seems a waste to have a bunch of 7* toons and ships sitting at level one while you have 20 toons at level 80/gear 9, but it would be much more of a waste to have all your ships and toons at level 40/gear5 and none at level 50/gear 6. A few great ones, the rest waiting on the sidelines, ready to come in only when you've decided you need them right now. That's how things will work out best for you.

If you've gotten as far as this, the meta has shifted AND you also have a better idea of what is fun for you to play. At that point you should be determining your own priorities, but this list will give you the early strategy for efficiently collecting the must-haves.

Good luck, have fun, and let me know if you need an ally.
  • Oh!

One other thing that no one has mentioned!

Maxxing abilities is an important part of the game. Zetas are incredibly important, as I'm sure you know. But many people don't always pay attention to Omega abilities. You're just starting to Omega your characters now. I'd just like to take a moment to tell you that even important characters can have abilities you don't want to spend Omegas on.

Just like zetas, there are better and worse Omega abilties, and even great characters can have abilities that aren't worth the Omega mats for that final push. Fives has an Omega that gives Taunt, for instance, but also has a zeta that sacrifices the toon to get huge bonuses if another character is killed first. The truth is that you probably don't want the taunt once you have the zeta, but you can't get them back once you spend Omegas to improve an ability, so if you later zeta Fives you'll still have an ability that conflicts with the zeta ability AND you'll have lost 5 Omegas on that ability you don't want.

Fives is also just an example; there are plenty of Omega abilities like this. For instance you never want to Omega the Geonosians' Hive Mind abilities unless you have Brood Alpha unlocked and geared up to a useful level. Even then, some of the Hive Mind bonuses (which are all Omega abilities) are either counterproductive (like Fives' taunt) or just not worth it.

With all the talk about zetas, you might think that Omegas are something you won't need to worry about long term, but you will. Don't use them without thinking carefully about which ones give you the best bang for your buck.
  • start over
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    start over

What major gain would he get from this? For example, when I first started back in 2016, Jawa was one of your starting toons. Now he's an 80 shard unlock and decent toon with the Jawa team comp. He may have a struggle in squad areana, but at the same time i would take that over losing 100 hours or however long he/she played the game.
  • igotthelog wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    start over

What major gain would he get from this? For example, when I first started back in 2016, Jawa was one of your starting toons. Now he's an 80 shard unlock and decent toon with the Jawa team comp. He may have a struggle in squad areana, but at the same time i would take that over losing 100 hours or however long he/she played the game.

Jawas are terrible. That's not a very good argument.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Cue Mephisto_style...
  • Fine. I was playing when it first game out (so you know, 2016, and they had all FTA toons.) I got a 4 star kylo ren for FREE as a level 26. Now you have to grind 80 shards in the cantina area. The point is, when the game first started, they didn't know what was really good and what was not, they just gave out toons for being there. So he might have some toons that would be really hard to unlock again.
  • Or you can buy the new "Hyperdrive Bundle" on eBay, just search for "swgoh")
  • OP here - pretty impressed with the community here. Thank you all for chiming in and spending the time to help me!

I’ll send ally invites to those that offered. My allies stopped playing years ago :)

@MasterSeedy @catharsis478 I think I get ships now. Thanks!
  • SO, looking over your roster you have the beginnings of some Jedi & NS.

Decent choices for a good LS & DS teams respectively.

Here are my primary suggestions.

Cantina Energy Nodes: Priority Farms.
    Kylo Ren (Unmasked) + TIE Silencer (Pilot+Ship in the same Node & helps unlock Zetas/Executrix Challenge)
    Ezra Bridger - Phoenix + Jedi + Thrawn/Palpatine Events
    Hera Syndula - Phoenix Leader + Thrawn/Palpatine Events
    Obi Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) - Jedi Tank + Commander Luke

Gold Energy Nodes: Priority Farms
    Bastila Shan (Dark Side - L5) Jedi Leader + Jedi Revan Event
    NightSister Zombie (Dark Side - L8)
    Jolee (Dark Side - L6) - Jedi Revan Event
    Zaalbar (Light Side - L5) - Jedi Revan Event
    Jango Fett + Hounds Tooth (Light Side - L8) - Solid BH/Separatist + Best Tank Ship in the game.
    Bossk (Dark Side - L9) - BH Leader/Tank/Pilot for HoundsTooth.

Cantina Store:
    Chopper & Boba Fett exclusively till they are both 7*

GWar Store:
    Zeb (Phoenix)
    Cad Bane (BH / Pilot)
    Biggs (Pilot)
    Biggs X-Wing (Solid Tank & Rebel Meta Ship)
    (Some other Ships - See below)

Arena Store: This store has many so start farming
    Kanan Jarrus (Phoenix Tank)
    Tarkin
    Ackbar
    IG-88

SHIPS: You have some choices to make & some things to consider.

1. You need an early DS fleet to get Executrix to 5* to open the Zeta Mats Challenge.

2. You need a Rebel Fleet in the end for Chimera & because Rebels are the current Meta.

3. You need a BH Fleet to unlock Han's M.Falcon to make the Rebel Meta work.

The question is what path is best to accomplish Zeta mats early & still get you BH ships.

You could go TIE's combining Empire & First Order
    Or
    You could go with the Geo/Bugs synergy.
    Or
    You could go the long route with mostly BH ships that will take a LONG time to farm.

For best quick early results I think you need Kylo/TIE Silencer from the Cantina Nodes for sure.

He's the fastest leveling character/ship combo & a staple of any early DS fleet.

Its up to you but you'll want to add 4+ other DS ships to him to unlock Executrix/Zeta Mats.

You only "NEED" a total of 6 DS ships at the most but you'll probably end up with more than that by the time you farm early ships & still get all 4 BH ships in the end.

Capital Ships:

Exec early for Zeta Mats

Home One long term for Rebels Meta.

Endurance is sort of crap on Offense, ok for Defense, and you should not invest in this ship before the other 2 are maxed out.

Fleet Store:
    Ship Node #2 - Rotates ships for Vader, Boba Fett, TIE Pilot, & Maul. (Always keep enough to pick up the Vader & Boba Fett ships if they spawn, they are only 15% chance respectively so grab them when they pop.

Ship Nodes #4/6 - Ghost, Phantom, Biggs, Wedge, solid rebel ship options here for when it comes time to farm rebels. The 2 X-Wings are also in G-War store so focus for these nodes is on Ghost/Phantom primarily.

• @Schwartzring that was awesome, thank you!
  • Revan110
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Please ignore all the people telling you to “restart the game”, you are a level 77 with some decent characters and you can easily get back into things if you focus on Phoenix, and Empire or whatever characters YOU want.

I myself came back to this game back September 22nd 2019 at level 52 with even less high level characters then you. Not only did I continue but I am a level 77 now myself with a full Phoenix squad level 65 gear level 7 for all, 5 stars for all except Sabine who is a 4 star.

My highest level character was Ahsoka level 52 and 3 stars, I have a huge roaster of characters now that I want and in took me less then a month to get “back on track”.

I had not even accessed Fleets at the time and now I have 7 ships at 4 stars at level 70.

DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR PROGRESS AND TIME

It took me a total of 2 months to get where I am now, and I had even less to work with but I refused to **** can my progress like a chump and am better for it. I am also in a good guild and have been for 1 month and 2 weeks.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/214432/back-after-not-playing-for-1-or-2-years/p1

My returning post to show it’s not worth restarting but it is smart to continue.
  • Thanks @Revan110 !

Totally agree you don’t need to restart unless you want to compete in squad arena.

I’m still playing both accounts. It’s funny because the gameplay feels very different. In one number #1000 in squad arena is level 85 with zetas etc, in the other #1 is level 68 lol
  • Oh!

One other thing that no one has mentioned!

Maxxing abilities is an important part of the game. Zetas are incredibly important, as I'm sure you know. But many people don't always pay attention to Omega abilities. You're just starting to Omega your characters now. I'd just like to take a moment to tell you that even important characters can have abilities you don't want to spend Omegas on.

Just like zetas, there are better and worse Omega abilties, and even great characters can have abilities that aren't worth the Omega mats for that final push. Fives has an Omega that gives Taunt, for instance, but also has a zeta that sacrifices the toon to get huge bonuses if another character is killed first. The truth is that you probably don't want the taunt once you have the zeta, but you can't get them back once you spend Omegas to improve an ability, so if you later zeta Fives you'll still have an ability that conflicts with the zeta ability AND you'll have lost 5 Omegas on that ability you don't want.

Fives is also just an example; there are plenty of Omega abilities like this. For instance you never want to Omega the Geonosians' Hive Mind abilities unless you have Brood Alpha unlocked and geared up to a useful level. Even then, some of the Hive Mind bonuses (which are all Omega abilities) are either counterproductive (like Fives' taunt) or just not worth it.

With all the talk about zetas, you might think that Omegas are something you won't need to worry about long term, but you will. Don't use them without thinking carefully about which ones give you the best bang for your buck.
    I can see that. So the only people I can Omega shortly are GMYoda, Ahsoka and Vader. Any worth it?