The Road Ahead - 11/20/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• CadoaBane wrote: »
    Ladislav wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »
    We can buy a entire account with Malak on Facebook for less than U$39,90. How much will cost the HyperWhale bundle?
    People nowadays really still use fakebook? However, you know that selling (and buying) accounts is illegal, right?

Illegal, so EA now defines laws in US? Good luck.
    Not only EA licensed games, a lot of games have it in their ToS that account data may not passed on to others, especially not for profit. Do what you want but don't whine if such an account gets banned eventually.

But you do understand that what is in T&C is not law, don't you? It is there to give EA (and other game companies) a tool but using that tool is a last resort in very special cases - like banning cheaters to not lose the whole game - because danger of making a mistake and banning someone who didn't do anything wrong usually comes with higher cost than ignoring it.

Another point is that such T&C may not be enforceable everywhere. Especially when you start referring to "for profit". If someone has one account and sells it when they no longer enjoys the game, it is not for profit - especially if they spent more while they were playing then they got when selling.

I would go that far to claim, that if you never had your game account associated with Facebook or EA account, EA should not collect any personal information about you since all financial transactions and account details are handled directly by app stores. EU customers could easily challenge that collecting through GDPR.

After all game industry does not want legal battle even if they would won it because it could disclose too much of their dirty practices which are comparable to drug dealers. They don't want their micro transaction system to be scrutinized by court and it would eventually get down there.
  • Out of curiosity. When you open a new game and it starts firing on you all the bundles which can push you forward, how much are you willing to spend on the game you just started playing and don't know how long you are going to enjoy it?

People are speculating here about cost of the Hyperdrive bundle and price tags like $299 were mentioned. If I install a new game and it offers me something for $299 as one of the first things in the game ... I will delete the game and never come back. This is at least ten times more of what I would ever consider to spent on a new game in first few days of playing. And even that I would not spent in one transaction but in many small ones.
  • sille wrote: »
    ...but there will be no migration in my future to the next project from here.

This should be the take away for the devs at CG. Yall are like the high school drug dealer, except instead of drugs its star wars. No one really likes the kid selling drugs, they arnt winning prom queen cause of it, and I doubt many parents would back them when they wantted to start a new project. So here we are devs at CG, people will buy from you while you're selling Star Wars, do you think theyd put up with you if you didnt have the Star Wars?

• Maybe. The game is just fun to play, and has good design. The star wars is just what makes it cooler.
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    igotthelog wrote: »
    Maybe. The game is just fun to play, and has good design. The star wars is just what makes it cooler.

That's what I would say, but believe me fandom knows no boundaries in this game's community.
  • igotthelog wrote: »
    Maybe. The game is just fun to play, and has good design. The star wars is just what makes it cooler.

Check back in with me in 3 years and lemme know if you think the design keeps getting better or worse. Im gonna assume youve been playing longer than the 19th of this month.

My point still stands, these guys wouldnt make the money they make if they had to sell an original product instead of having the license to sell star wars. Case in point, what are the prices and sales figures for that Raid game? I doubt they compare to swgoh, marvel strike force, final fantasy ominsi operasi bloopity boop, the disney one, or any of the licensed freemium games. Thats how they make money, recognizable characters marketed to you. You think for one second anyone goes "snap man! This guy just got hired to replace cg carrie, im totally spending hundreds of dollars a month because this guy is such a creative juggernaut" i also understand that its probably more the suits causeing problems than the devs, but the devs take the paycheck and sign their names on the product.
  • Eutus wrote: »
    sille wrote: »

This should be the take away for the devs at CG. Yall are like the high school drug dealer, except instead of drugs its star wars. No one really likes the kid selling drugs, they arnt winning prom queen cause of it, and I doubt many parents would back them when they wantted to start a new project. So here we are devs at CG, people will buy from you while you're selling Star Wars, do you think theyd put up with you if you didnt have the Star Wars?

Next CG’s game will have very rough start. They screw up their community so they better have another big IP to back their new game. I’m giving their next game one star review immediately after release no matter how good the game is and there will be queue of angry SWGOH players to do the same.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Eutus wrote: »

Next CG’s game will have very rough start. They screw up their community so they better have another big IP to back their new game. I’m giving their next game one star review immediately after release no matter how good the game is and there will be queue of angry SWGOH players to do the same.

Yet...you are still playing this one.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We’re looking forward to having old friends (General Hux) and some new friends (Sith Trooper)

Umm...isn't Sith Trooper already in the game?
    There's a new First Order Sith trooper that was announce at SDCC this year. He's got some sweet looking red armor

p4zc8ju0bcaq.png

@CG_SBCrumb With the new Sith Trooper being added to the game will the old Sith Trooper get a name change to separate the two?
    We’re looking forward to having old friends (General Hux) and some new friends (Sith Trooper)

There's a new First Order Sith trooper that was announce at SDCC this year. He's got some sweet looking red armor

p4zc8ju0bcaq.png

@CG_SBCrumb With the new Sith Trooper being added to the game will the old Sith Trooper get a name change to separate the two?

The new one FO sith trooper.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    FOST for short
  • Ultra wrote: »
    FOST for short

Isnt that what the First Order Stormtrooper is called now? Lol
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    FOST for short

I hope he's terrible so we can call him UPFOST.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RAB is just super disappointing....crap in new content but plenty of opportunities to spend $$$$.....this was just CG giving us all the 🖕
  • The fandom loves the Clone Wars era stuff though, the new ST stuff not so much.

Most people do not care about TROS, they care about TCW, The Mandalorian, and Jedi Fallen Order.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Yes. It’s called addiction. Since relics I pretty much hate the game and apart fom GAC I don’t find any fun in the game. Building teams is no longer fun either because top teams require relics or toons/ships available only through GET tokens - length of farming goes beyond hard node which I already find far too long. But I still can’t push myself to stop. At least I don’t spend anymore.

p4zc8ju0bcaq.png

Cherry Trooper
    :*<3
  • Ladislav wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Yes. It’s called addiction. Since relics I pretty much hate the game and apart fom GAC I don’t find any fun in the game. Building teams is no longer fun either because top teams require relics or toons/ships available only through GET tokens - length of farming goes beyond hard node which I already find far too long. But I still can’t push myself to stop. At least I don’t spend anymore.

Now you know better. This run cycle indications aren't exclusive to this game. Think about it when you are about to jump on the next train. It'll end the same way.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »
    The fandom loves the Clone Wars era stuff though, the new ST stuff not so much.

Most people do not care about TROS, they care about TCW, The Mandalorian, and Jedi Fallen Order.

Stop acting like there’s one unified fan base. Plenty of people hate the prequels.
  • Liath wrote: »

Stop acting like there’s one unified fan base. Plenty of people hate the prequels.
    When people argue about opinions, haha. There should actually be no place for real hatred among true fandom. To dislike something compared to other parts of the franchise is understandable, as for me e.g. I the sequels are the least enjoyable part of Star Wars - but that can't be called "hate". If I felt hate in my heart, I couldn't call myself a fan anymore.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

When people argue about opinions, haha. There should actually be no place for real hatred among true fandom. To dislike something compared to other parts of the franchise is understandable, as for me e.g. I the sequels are the least enjoyable part of Star Wars - but that can't be called "hate". If I felt hate in my heart, I couldn't call myself a fan anymore.

Totally agree. Although I don't like the sequals as good as the OT, i still don't hate them. They are good movies in themselves, but trying to compare to the OT is impossible.
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • I stopped playing this game 1 month ago and after reading this post, I'm am extremely glad I did.

I do not approve of the new vision this company has for this game. They have become even more money-hungry than before, and so I quit.

Thank you for making that decision worth it. It's sad to see such an amazing concept get destroyed by greed.
  • Jawas need zetas!!!! Whodini!!!!
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    FOST for short

I hope he's terrible so we can call him UPFOST.

No no, he's FOSiT

On a completely unrelated note, is there a date announced for the Journey Guide transition?

Based on the description I am thinking that every Legendary/Heroic will move into anytime all access except for Padme & Devan (And the 2 Epic events)

This bodes well for my future RJT farming.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I would be interested in the damage control that will drop after the ls geo tb release. Geo tb was bad as it is and still is an utterly useless time sink, but ohh boy this ls version 90% of people wont be able to battle even in p1 so participation rate will be extremly low. Also bugs are still there, the game have no content still to properly play other than said 2 uselessness. The journey guide is nothing compared to what needs to be done, so yet again cg dropped the ball and another 3-4 months will go by without any positive change.

Good luck with surviving with the game until next spring.

The profitability cut off for ds geo was pretty low, any guild 130-140m gp+ was better for doing geo tb. Surely people will go bonkers this time and many may be frustrated to the point of leaving. After that people will try to see the picture realistically and try to judge if their guild should be better off doing hoth during ls periods.
  • Darth Revan event next date ?? I’m farmed the last months and spend more crystals...
  • Fairly underwhelmed by the dump and run releases. No events just ‘oh by the way ARC trooper is farmable’
    Yay only 330 shards to go!!!