Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    They do not, will not, and should not, shield you from your choices in which characters to farm and where to place your gear and zetas.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It's not even about malak these days anymore as there's a new king in town...with it's counter directly nested in the toons needed to farm it. There'll always be more. Lending ownership advantage is the right paradigm. Fair =/= equal.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    We get it, you don't think you need to improve.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    We get it, you don't think you need to improve.

    Wrong. You didn’t get it. Maybe re-read my comments?
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X toons.

    People aren’t afraid of mirror matches. They know that PvP would be boring beyond tears if we only faced people with near identical rosters.

    And as for the “ideal” path, that sounds like the sort of thing someone who ignores factions / toons because the “don’t like them” would say. The game is what it is. You’ll face people who have certain tools in their arsenal. If you choose not to develop those tools for asinine reasons, you’d better develop a counter to them.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X.

    My point is not exaggerated nonsense. It is just the argument you and others repeat thought through.

    If you are saying that it is fair to match people with significantly different meta toons because some people just invested more time/money than others, then the same applies for matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players. Same argument.

    And THAT is my point.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X.

    My point is not exaggerated nonsense. It is just the argument you and others repeat thought through.

    If you are saying that it is fair to match people with significantly different meta toons because some people just invested more time/money than others, then the same applies for matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players. Same argument.

    And THAT is my point.
    It’s not the same argument though.

    Can you find me 1 2M GP player who has the same GP for his top X toons as any 5M GP player.

    Can you find me a 2M GP player who will be matched with a 5M GP player in GP.

    The answer to both of those things is no.

    You’ve taken the matchmaking argument to an extreme that the game has inbuilt safety mechanisms to prevent.

    Outside of GAC division 1, the largest possible gap between total GP of 2 matched players is 700k. So unless you’re talking about a 4.5M GP player being matched with a 6M GP player in div 1, which even then is only half as bad as the situation you’re raising, you’re creating a false hypothetical case.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X.

    My point is not exaggerated nonsense. It is just the argument you and others repeat thought through.

    If you are saying that it is fair to match people with significantly different meta toons because some people just invested more time/money than others, then the same applies for matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players. Same argument.

    And THAT is my point.
    It’s not the same argument though.

    Can you find me 1 2M GP player who has the same GP for his top X toons as any 5M GP player.

    Can you find me a 2M GP player who will be matched with a 5M GP player in GP.

    The answer to both of those things is no.

    You’ve taken the matchmaking argument to an extreme that the game has inbuilt safety mechanisms to prevent.

    Outside of GAC division 1, the largest possible gap between total GP of 2 matched players is 700k. So unless you’re talking about a 4.5M GP player being matched with a 6M GP player in div 1, which even then is only half as bad as the situation you’re raising, you’re creating a false hypothetical case.

    And that's why we need more higher divisions.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X.

    My point is not exaggerated nonsense. It is just the argument you and others repeat thought through.

    If you are saying that it is fair to match people with significantly different meta toons because some people just invested more time/money than others, then the same applies for matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players. Same argument.

    And THAT is my point.
    It’s not the same argument though.

    Can you find me 1 2M GP player who has the same GP for his top X toons as any 5M GP player.

    Can you find me a 2M GP player who will be matched with a 5M GP player in GP.

    The answer to both of those things is no.

    You’ve taken the matchmaking argument to an extreme that the game has inbuilt safety mechanisms to prevent.

    Outside of GAC division 1, the largest possible gap between total GP of 2 matched players is 700k. So unless you’re talking about a 4.5M GP player being matched with a 6M GP player in div 1, which even then is only half as bad as the situation you’re raising, you’re creating a false hypothetical case.

    And that's why we need more higher divisions.

    Amen to that.

    They also need to adjust the league thresholds.

    In Div 1 absolutely nobody got to chromium after first GA - but then hundreds got there by setting defence in first round of 2nd GA.

    Same for after 2nd GA. nobody made Aurodium, but there are already hundreds in it after setting their defence for match 1 of 3rd GA.

    That’s keeping too many players together, I reckon.
  • Saada
    602 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X.

    My point is not exaggerated nonsense. It is just the argument you and others repeat thought through.

    If you are saying that it is fair to match people with significantly different meta toons because some people just invested more time/money than others, then the same applies for matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players. Same argument.

    And THAT is my point.
    It’s not the same argument though.

    Can you find me 1 2M GP player who has the same GP for his top X toons as any 5M GP player.

    Can you find me a 2M GP player who will be matched with a 5M GP player in GP.

    The answer to both of those things is no.

    You’ve taken the matchmaking argument to an extreme that the game has inbuilt safety mechanisms to prevent.

    Outside of GAC division 1, the largest possible gap between total GP of 2 matched players is 700k. So unless you’re talking about a 4.5M GP player being matched with a 6M GP player in div 1, which even then is only half as bad as the situation you’re raising, you’re creating a false hypothetical case.

    Mate.... My top toons will be more than a match for a lot of the people who have 5+mil rosters inthe terms of gp (relics have made this very possible) and I'm at 3.2mil. So your mistaken there but you are right that it doesn't really matter since I won't get matched with them because of divisions
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X.

    My point is not exaggerated nonsense. It is just the argument you and others repeat thought through.

    If you are saying that it is fair to match people with significantly different meta toons because some people just invested more time/money than others, then the same applies for matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players. Same argument.

    And THAT is my point.
    It’s not the same argument though.

    Can you find me 1 2M GP player who has the same GP for his top X toons as any 5M GP player.

    Can you find me a 2M GP player who will be matched with a 5M GP player in GP.

    The answer to both of those things is no.

    You’ve taken the matchmaking argument to an extreme that the game has inbuilt safety mechanisms to prevent.

    Outside of GAC division 1, the largest possible gap between total GP of 2 matched players is 700k. So unless you’re talking about a 4.5M GP player being matched with a 6M GP player in div 1, which even then is only half as bad as the situation you’re raising, you’re creating a false hypothetical case.

    Mate.... My top toons will be more than a match for a lot of the people who have 5+mil rosters inthe terms of gp (relics have made this very possible) and I'm at 3.2mil. So your mistaken there but you are right that it doesn't really matter since I won't get matched with them because of divisions

    Before the change people were getting matched as high as 2 divs difference. That was either before relics or early relics, so it's certainly possible. Is your top 80 1.6-1.7m gp?
  • Waqui
    8572 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    What exactly is the complaint here? What huge impact?

    IG-88 makes a great leader for a GG nuke team. Malak would make a lousy member of a GG nuke team. Yes, Malak is more versatile, but IG-88 can be very strong on offense as well.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    There's multiple nuke squads in the top 50 in my shard. The rest of the shard is almost all relic'd up sith empire teams, with a relic padme or two. Don't even tell me a proper nuke squad can't beat very good malak teams.
    The choices made can involve time or money or both. Not choosing to embark on the long haul of acquiring malak can result in multiple other good teams, something I am doing myself. If you choose to get the ones you want, more power to you, but if you ignore the possible counters to this op team, don't complain about not having it. You've had plenty of time to get a nice padme squad or nuke squad together

    Ok.
    1) I am typically in the top 20. I have a GG relic 5, but against a Malak relic 2+ my nuke team doesn’t do anything. Going to r7 with my GG will still not allow to beat the Malak opponents I am facing.
    2) You are bringing up exactly the argument that i.m.o. is just nonsense. Because if it is all about choices involving time and/or money then - following this logic - you could ultimately match up 2mm GP players with 5mm GP players. And the 2mm should not complain. They just didn’t invest as much time and/or money in the game as the 5mm GP player.
    Do you see now why the argument you are making is nonsense.
    3) Why does the game ultimately punish you when you deviate from the “ideal” path? That is poor game design. It’s funny how people are against better matchmaking because they are afraid of mirror matches, but at rhapsody with a game design that forces mirror teams.

    Your point 2 is exaggerated nonsense. There is absolutely no way a 2M GP player’s top X toons will come anywhere close to a 5M GP player’s top X.

    My point is not exaggerated nonsense. It is just the argument you and others repeat thought through.

    If you are saying that it is fair to match people with significantly different meta toons because some people just invested more time/money than others, then the same applies for matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players. Same argument.

    And THAT is my point.
    It’s not the same argument though.

    Can you find me 1 2M GP player who has the same GP for his top X toons as any 5M GP player.

    Can you find me a 2M GP player who will be matched with a 5M GP player in GP.

    The answer to both of those things is no.

    You’ve taken the matchmaking argument to an extreme that the game has inbuilt safety mechanisms to prevent.

    Outside of GAC division 1, the largest possible gap between total GP of 2 matched players is 700k. So unless you’re talking about a 4.5M GP player being matched with a 6M GP player in div 1, which even then is only half as bad as the situation you’re raising, you’re creating a false hypothetical case.

    Mate.... My top toons will be more than a match for a lot of the people who have 5+mil rosters inthe terms of gp (relics have made this very possible) and I'm at 3.2mil. So your mistaken there but you are right that it doesn't really matter since I won't get matched with them because of divisions

    Before the change people were getting matched as high as 2 divs difference. That was either before relics or early relics, so it's certainly possible. Is your top 80 1.6-1.7m gp?

    Only has top 60 using the bit which is over 1.2mil . Would be very close.
    6yf97manjdol.png
  • Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    What exactly is the complaint here? What huge impact?

    IG-88 makes a great leader for a GG nuke team. Malak would make a lousy member of a GG nuke team. Yes, Malak is more versatile, but IG-88 can be very strong on offense as well.

    Malak can solo a number of strong teams. IG-88 certainly cannot. You are not seriously arguing that Malak is similar to IG-88.Q

    My larger point was that the matchmaking should consider more factors than just top -x GP in order to match more comparable players.

    And the counter argument I hear quite often is: Matching a player without Malak, DR, etc. with players who have those toons is perfectly fine, since those stronger players simply invested smarter or more time/money.

    This counter argument however - as I tried to explain- doesn’t make sense because you can apply the same argument when matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players.
    I know that this is not actually happening in the game, but the point is that it would be “fair” according to the arguments people make here.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    What exactly is the complaint here? What huge impact?

    IG-88 makes a great leader for a GG nuke team. Malak would make a lousy member of a GG nuke team. Yes, Malak is more versatile, but IG-88 can be very strong on offense as well.

    Malak can solo a number of strong teams. IG-88 certainly cannot. You are not seriously arguing that Malak is similar to IG-88.Q

    My larger point was that the matchmaking should consider more factors than just top -x GP in order to match more comparable players.

    And the counter argument I hear quite often is: Matching a player without Malak, DR, etc. with players who have those toons is perfectly fine, since those stronger players simply invested smarter or more time/money.

    This counter argument however - as I tried to explain- doesn’t make sense because you can apply the same argument when matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players.
    I know that this is not actually happening in the game, but the point is that it would be “fair” according to the arguments people make here.

    No lol we are not saying that would be "fair". Total go breaks the divisions up. Step one. Then based on division you are matched with people based on your top x amount of toons. Step two. What doesn't make sense is the fact you keep stating this outlandish idea you think we have.
    Also, stop comparing IG fully geared to malak fully geared. Someone who has malak has invested in 200k GP of toons to get malak. So it's really 223k (from malak) to 23k GP. If your other 200k GP is bad, well I'm sorry you invested in the wrong teams. (Wrong in a competitive sense, please by all means gear who you want, but don't be surprised when the harder to acquire and gear toons are better)
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    What exactly is the complaint here? What huge impact?

    IG-88 makes a great leader for a GG nuke team. Malak would make a lousy member of a GG nuke team. Yes, Malak is more versatile, but IG-88 can be very strong on offense as well.

    Malak can solo a number of strong teams. IG-88 certainly cannot. You are not seriously arguing that Malak is similar to IG-88.Q

    My larger point was that the matchmaking should consider more factors than just top -x GP in order to match more comparable players.

    And the counter argument I hear quite often is: Matching a player without Malak, DR, etc. with players who have those toons is perfectly fine, since those stronger players simply invested smarter or more time/money.

    This counter argument however - as I tried to explain- doesn’t make sense because you can apply the same argument when matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players.
    I know that this is not actually happening in the game, but the point is that it would be “fair” according to the arguments people make here.

    No lol we are not saying that would be "fair". Total go breaks the divisions up. Step one. Then based on division you are matched with people based on your top x amount of toons. Step two. What doesn't make sense is the fact you keep stating this outlandish idea you think we have.
    Also, stop comparing IG fully geared to malak fully geared. Someone who has malak has invested in 200k GP of toons to get malak. So it's really 223k (from malak) to 23k GP. If your other 200k GP is bad, well I'm sorry you invested in the wrong teams. (Wrong in a competitive sense, please by all means gear who you want, but don't be surprised when the harder to acquire and gear toons are better)

    You just don’t get it! You are making the same silly point when I just explained why it is ****!

    I am matched right now against an opponent that has 10% more GP and has DR, Malak, Traya, etc. ... all toons I don’t have.

    This is FUDGING COW EXCREMENT!!!!!

    And BTW: Even though it is technically not cheating ... I am so sick of those players who start a second account, focus purely on meta toons and then pretend to be so smart that they know which toons to focus on and which not!

    I am playing this game for a long time now and am very close to dissolving my guild because of the nonsense CG allows and/or is unwilling to fix!
  • Tdeb94000 wrote: »
    hey cg!
    can you turn on your brain, just a little?
    how can you match players withut gas against players with gas???!
    you didnt learn with malak?

    People here are going to tell you it’s all fair and good. And that is entirely your fault for not getting GAS!
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Tdeb94000 wrote: »
    hey cg!
    can you turn on your brain, just a little?
    how can you match players withut gas against players with gas???!
    you didnt learn with malak?

    People here are going to tell you it’s all fair and good. And that is entirely your fault for not getting GAS!

    I used my brain a little and it told me that if CG followed this logic it would penalize people who have gas by forcing them into harder matches vs other gas players.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    What exactly is the complaint here? What huge impact?

    IG-88 makes a great leader for a GG nuke team. Malak would make a lousy member of a GG nuke team. Yes, Malak is more versatile, but IG-88 can be very strong on offense as well.

    Malak can solo a number of strong teams. IG-88 certainly cannot. You are not seriously arguing that Malak is similar to IG-88.Q

    My larger point was that the matchmaking should consider more factors than just top -x GP in order to match more comparable players.

    And the counter argument I hear quite often is: Matching a player without Malak, DR, etc. with players who have those toons is perfectly fine, since those stronger players simply invested smarter or more time/money.

    This counter argument however - as I tried to explain- doesn’t make sense because you can apply the same argument when matching 2MM GP players with 5MM GP players.
    I know that this is not actually happening in the game, but the point is that it would be “fair” according to the arguments people make here.

    No lol we are not saying that would be "fair". Total go breaks the divisions up. Step one. Then based on division you are matched with people based on your top x amount of toons. Step two. What doesn't make sense is the fact you keep stating this outlandish idea you think we have.
    Also, stop comparing IG fully geared to malak fully geared. Someone who has malak has invested in 200k GP of toons to get malak. So it's really 223k (from malak) to 23k GP. If your other 200k GP is bad, well I'm sorry you invested in the wrong teams. (Wrong in a competitive sense, please by all means gear who you want, but don't be surprised when the harder to acquire and gear toons are better)

    You just don’t get it! You are making the same silly point when I just explained why it is ****!

    I am matched right now against an opponent that has 10% more GP and has DR, Malak, Traya, etc. ... all toons I don’t have.

    This is FUDGING COW EXCREMENT!!!!!

    And BTW: Even though it is technically not cheating ... I am so sick of those players who start a second account, focus purely on meta toons and then pretend to be so smart that they know which toons to focus on and which not!

    I am playing this game for a long time now and am very close to dissolving my guild because of the nonsense CG allows and/or is unwilling to fix!

    Wow so you're gonna dissolve a guild due to your own frustration, tossing a bunch of players out to dry?? Nice. Sick of the alt accounts that actually KNOW what they're doing? Make one buddy, it takes time and a lot of patience, it takes more than the snap of a finger to have a lean and focused roster.
    And to that "silly" point, you're the one who brought up the small 2k gap not properly showing the power difference. I agree that malak is way more powerful than a 2k gap, but to get him you have to pump up two full squads, what don't you get about that?
  • harunalp
    81 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    GRAND ARENA NEW REGİSTER SYSTEM SO UGLY!

    why no 'leave' button ? those who have accidentally joined will surely.
  • This time the GAC rankings are 28, 3912, 6024, 9499, 11022, 11994, 12286, 15277. Now, this may be going out on a limb, but I think the player ranked 28 is going to win this round.
  • 24 relic toons vs. 10 relic toons. Basically 3 extra full relic teams. GP is a poor measure of combat effectiveness. Fix matchmaking. That is all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    ...
    I am playing this game for a long time now and am very close to dissolving my guild because of the nonsense CG allows and/or is unwilling to fix!
    What you need Kyo, is to calm down mate... you're not alone in this and nothing is perfect.

    Personally I'm at 3.7M GP and I don't have GAS, DR, Malak, C3PO or a proper usable GG and Padme.
    I'm in Div 3, very close to 2nd and most of the time I fight against DR, Malak, GG relic etc.
    The first few times I was frustrated as well as it felt unfair to match me against those players. Then I just went in and did my best... and guess what... I win a fair share; it depends on the strategy but I have cleared those player's territories more than once. I've ended up in Aurodium every GAC so far, so as f2p, I'm ok with it.

    If the matchmaking would calculate every single toon and match only those people together if would be full of mirrors and even more frustrating probably.

    Point is, stop getting angry over things you cannot control.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    MolVinn wrote: »
    The matchmaking sucks because the divisions are too large. I went into my last GA round overmatched by GP 492000(13%). The only way I could have won is if I had been perfect or lucky, preferably both.

    Exactly!!! GP difference for me was over 10% as well. And that plus in GP was three teams of relic meta toons.

    10% is HUGE in that context.

    1) GP is just a flawed, lazy, stupid way to match.
    2) Especially with relics now meta toons and their gear/relic level need to provide considered.

    MM is no longer based on total GP.

    What is it based on?

    Top X gp where X is no of your defense slots*10. i.e. it's top 80 gp for div 1-2.

    Thanks. However this still doesn’t address the issue. A 7-star G12 Malak has ~23k GP, a 7-star G12 IG-88 has ~21k GP.
    Going just by GP (top x or not) there difference is 10% , but the actual impact is HUGE!

    a 7-star malak also requires two teams totaling, AT LEAST, 87,500 (and let's be honest, closer to 100k teams). If you are gearing IG to G12 then good for you, but a 7-star malak costs about 123k in galactic power. The IG costs 21k. The problem is the other 100k you are allocating to bad toons. Get a nuke squad using that G12 IG and you'll be looking at a 90-110K team that counters malak.....

    And again the same arguments I already countered: following this logic you can just match randomly and don’t even consider any factors. Because they are all based on player choices.

    And the nuke squad only counters weak Malak teams.

    No you don't understand the logic. Your counter was not correct. Basically, the amount of resources someone has invested in their squads is represented by GP. People with different GPS have invested different amounts in the game, therefore matching people with vastly different GP's e.g. 2 million GP vs 4 million GP would not be fair or a good match up.

    Your counter argument is that we can match anyone against anyone regardless of GP. And that is not what anyone has said and actually a few of us said that would be an example of terrible match making.

    What current match making does is match people of similar GP's against each other as those people have invested similar amounts of resources into their squads. Many of us see this as fair. But as most of us know, there are many different ways to allocate resources and not all ways are equal. And as you have aptly demonstrated over and over, is that your resource allocation is not optimal or even very good when compared with others who have invested the same amount of resources as you into squads. The people you are being matched with overall have invested the same into their squads as you but made better choices of where to put their resources.

    The advice you have been provided is that if you want to compete you have to invest better. You have actively disagreed with that advice.

    Just stop blaming match making as it is not the issue.


  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    dvma496fv5lm.png
    Here is why I’m leaving, I can’t even pay to win if I was so inclined because you have my 6* GA$ locked behind a GET wall. What the hell are you **** thinking. Good luck managing your dumpster fire of a game CG.
Sign In or Register to comment.