Does anyone else feel like they need to take a wrecking ball to PVP and start over?

When I think of PVP in this game I think of constant error screens that either say I'm already engaged in a match (which I'm clearly not because I'm not controlling anything) or I get a screen that says my opponent is already engaged. This isn't fun for anybody. Nobody likes to sit there and refresh a screen waiting to get into a match.

When you're at the top of your server you end up in matches with the same 20-30 people everyday. You start to get a feel for who's usually on at that time. So you look at the list of people and you pick off the more difficult opponents because you know the lower ranked ones are on and will just take back their spot immediately. This isn't fun either. Nobody should feel compelled to play this game at a specific time everyday just to "earn" their PVP ranking.

It's not even true PVP it's PVE using another players characters.
EA I know you can do a much much better job with PVP. If you have something in the works please let us know because this needs to be blown up and redone.

Replies

• There are many issues........
    • My problem with the Arena's in general is that each produces different reward max's. For example, being #1 in Squad Arena produces say 1000 Squad points to buy shards whereas Galactic will give you 1200 points for shards so we can assume that Galactic is a higher priority Arena to succeed in, since the rewards are greater yet Squad Arena is the center of the game. Does this make sense?? I don't think so.
    • Second, we need another 2-3 Arena type battles per day similar to Galactic. The reason is that it will help players level and get shards faster and give players more to do throughout the day, rather than do as I do which is play for an hour or so and then be forced to step away for like 12 hours until I can Sim for some credits and then, wait another 12 hours until the next day comes and the process resets. Unless you have over 1000 a day in crystals to use so you can Sim, you'll lose over 20 hours each day playing the waiting game.
    • That's another thing, all I do is replay old levels until I'm sick of them, we need hundreds of new levels in general. Most if not almost all of us spend our day playing the same old levels for weeks making this less about playing a game. How well will any game do if players are forced to play the same old tired levels day in and out. It's been almost a month since I've seen any new levels of content....
  • Haider
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yea this game has one of the most boring unbalanced PVP I have seen.

Tried to club Heroes Charge with Summoners War and messed it up when they tried to use their own balancing. You have to be really bad at balancing to do this since both the games they copied have fun and balanced PVP.

PVP is heavily unbalanced towards the attacker.
    With their noob AI skills I guess their best bet would be to let the noobish AI take control of both teams.
    Multiplayer would at-least be fair and balanced.

The outcome would be determined by the Rock-Paper-Scissor relationships between Heroes.
    Team synergy and Hero counters would be key.
    Right now any level 60 can use any decent 3-4 attackers and win.

On top of that no basic security. Hackers still rule the Arena.

PVP is core to competitive games like this.
    With the lac of social and boring PVP it's mainly the Star Wars IP that this game has going for it.
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    PVP is just another way to get shards to level up a character.

I am not sure this game could ever do "live" PVP, and I don't think it's a completely horrible setup, but it would be nice if the computer could play the characters a little better (talia is a perfect example, wasting a turn to heal herself when she can't heal herself).

On Hackers, yes, that needs to be fixed. That just ruins the enjoyment of the game.

• One major AI improvement would be targeting.
    I feel like the AI is randomly choosing targets each turn.
    A few days back I noticed the AI picking on my Healers but its back to random again.

Select one target for all your heroes and pick on him; instead of spreading damage around while your squad gets wiped out one by one.
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• When I think of PVP in this game I think of constant error screens that either say I'm already engaged in a match (which I'm clearly not because I'm not controlling anything)

This means someone is attacking you.

Yes, the system could be greatly improved. Many of the issues people have with he current system (locks, time limits, etc) are a consequence of the rank-swap setup that is used.

I look forward to this being replaced with something better.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Looking at all the comments, I'd say first off, "hackers" do not run PVP. There are certainly no server-side hacks that will work on any of todays games, SWGOH included. Second, PVP is imperfect clearly and my issue with it is the monotony that is created due to the way SWGOH was setup. You can try to be #1 in PVP but sadly, farming shards takes precedence. PVP needs to be more clearly defined as such. A solution would be to open up another 2 or 3 Arena's for shard farming and make the PVP all about rank and position, with a little bit of farming involved in terms of placing in the PVP....
  • They really just need to improve the AI targeting.
  • And healing. That 3 healers will try to heal someone with heal immunity on, or that Talia will try to heal herself are problems.
  • Instead of rank swap, they could copy star war commander a bit. Before you attack some1 you know how many points if you win. If you lose, how many point they will earn. Maybe add point deduction if lose. The points will be carried forward or average from last 7 days.

This will overcome the timer expoit that top players are complaining.

• And healing. That 3 healers will try to heal someone with heal immunity on, or that Talia will try to heal herself are problems.

• Instead of rank swap, they could copy star war commander a bit. Before you attack some1 you know how many points if you win. If you lose, how many point they will earn. Maybe add point deduction if lose. The points will be carried forward or average from last 7 days.

This will overcome the timer expoit that top players are complaining.

Do you think that works well with a game that limits people to 5 attacks per day? It just seems like doing that will make paying to win the only way to win.
  • Wasn't that the point? Pay to win in f2p games?

They can limit how many time you can recharge. Or ppl can work together keep attacking the big spender until he is broke.
  • Rather than wrecking ball...maybe some tweaks to make the AI maybe 5-10% tougher (don't make the AI OP though) and possibly down the road update the prizes. Possibly rotate in some ability mats and shards IN ADDITION to what we have already.