Kit Reveal: Ki-Adi-Mundi

Prev13
Want to learn more about this character? Check out Ki-Adi-Mundi's Developer Insight

UNIT NAME: Ki-Adi-Mundi
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Galactic Republic, Jedi
Formidable Jedi Master who shifts between Ataru and Makashi lightsaber forms.

tabud471qr40.jpg

ABILITIES:

Basic: Versatile Strike

t32pbc6jmbqy.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy.
  • If Ki-Adi-Mundi is using Ataru Form, attack again.
  • If he's using Makashi Form, gain 15% Turn Meter and recover 10% Protection.

Special 1: Adaptive Form (Cooldown 2)

tz3c7ytyxemm.gif

FINAL TEXT: Switch forms, dispel all debuffs, and gain 100% Turn Meter.
  • Ataru Form: +100% Offense, +30% Defense Penetration, and +20 Speed
  • Makashi Form: +100% counter chance, +60% Tenacity, and Critical Hit Immunity

Special 2: Decisive Thrust (Cooldown 4)

0howaj784cm2.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals +100% damage for each Galactic Republic Jedi ally.
  • If Ki-Adi-Mundi is using Ataru Form and this ability defeats an enemy, reset all of his cooldowns.
  • If he's using Makashi Form, dispel all debuffs on Galactic Republic Jedi allies and they gain 25% Turn Meter.

Special 3a: Ataru Lunge (Cooldown 3) - (Granted ability only when using Ataru Form)

aynxcf8admua.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Inflict Armor Shred.

Special 3b: Makashi Jab (Cooldown 3) - (Granted ability only when using Makashi Form)

u6h5wgdlssnv.gif

FINAL TEXT: Daze all enemies for 2 turns and deal Physical damage to target enemy. This ability can't be evaded.

Unique 1: Jedi Council

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of battle if all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi, they have +30 Speed, +40% Max Health, and +20% Offense.

Galactic Republic Jedi allies with a Support or Healer role have additional Offense equal to 10% of their Max Health.

Unique 2: Master of Forms

FINAL TEXT: Ki-Adi-Mundi starts the battle using Ataru Form and has an additional ability depending on which form he's using.

When Ki-Adi-Mundi switches to Makashi Form, he recovers 10% Protection and Taunts for 3 turns.

Ataru Lunge: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Inflict Armor Shred.

Makashi Jab:
Daze all enemies for 2 turns and deal Physical damage to target enemy. This ability can't be evaded.

Replies

• Nice!
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Too bad it’ll take so long to 7*.

I’m so excited to use him in TB in 2021!
  • Wow
  • I want this! but it is a long way off for me.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Pair him with a zQui-Gon lead and you have Maverick and Goose. They have the need, the need for speed.
  • This kit is pretty nice....would have been really great with reworks/touch-ups on the other Clone Wars Jedi.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    zQGJ with KAM will be possibly insane for his damage and speed.
    +80 speed
    +offense =3X speed
    +20% offense
    +100% offense
    +30% defense pen

then the big attack with possibly +500% offense

edit:
    looking at swgoh.gg his speed is 154, like traya.
    the highest traya speed on there is 309 meaning KAM can get 389 speed at least.
    Post edited by flux_rono on
  • His unique is great! If Qui-Gon is leader, then that is a ton of speed for the team.

But I hate that CG would say this, “ Grand Master Yoda is a great addition if you don’t have another squad that he fits into.”

Really? No place for GMY!? JKR, Bastila Lead, or Padme? WTH? What game are they playing?

His kit looks great. Mods would probably be Offense set or CD sets? Too bad it will be 2024 before I get him. Haha.
  • Love it. And he might actually have use at 4-6* unlike other end-game content right now. Guess I'll find out in 3 years when my guild unlocks him
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    v9sh0628glqf.jpg

Ki-Adi Mundi is great! I can't wait to use him under my Padm... my reworked Mac... oh wait.

Let me use him under my Qui-Gon Jinn lead! I'll pair him up with, Anaki... Ahsok... Kenob...? Kit Fisto!?!

Welp. :p
  • Love it. And he might actually have use at 4-6* unlike other end-game content right now. Guess I'll find out in 3 years when my guild unlocks him

Wat has use at 4-6* as well.
  • His unique is great! If Qui-Gon is leader, then that is a ton of speed for the team.

But I hate that CG would say this, “ Grand Master Yoda is a great addition if you don’t have another squad that he fits into.”

Really? No place for GMY!? JKR, Bastila Lead, or Padme? WTH? What game are they playing?

His kit looks great. Mods would probably be Offense set or CD sets? Too bad it will be 2024 before I get him. Haha.

Exactly. It’ll be so long for even an unlock that nobody has to care what his kit does or who he synergizes with! Heck, we’ll probably have new, better Jedi by then anyway!
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Love it. And he might actually have use at 4-6* unlike other end-game content right now. Guess I'll find out in 3 years when my guild unlocks him

Wat has use at 4-6* as well.

My annoyance was directed at Skywalker. My guild is only at about 150 million so we haven't unlocked Wat yet
  • I wonder if he would be any good with Padme instead of 3p0
  • No wookiee synergy.... big miss yall.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    v9sh0628glqf.jpg

Ki-Adi Mundi is great! I can't wait to use him under my Padm... my reworked Mac... oh wait.

Let me use him under my Qui-Gon Jinn lead! I'll pair him up with, Anaki... Ahsok... Kenob...? Kit Fisto!?!

Welp. :p

I mean the point isn't to make already good characters useful in another way, it's to make those absolutely useless characters viable. Luminara gaining 10% offense at r1 means an extra 4k in offense plus mods. Add in the boost from a QGJ lead and she might actually do some damage. I have a lot of these GR Jedi languishing on my bench because I upgraded them long ago before I understood I was supposed to just chase KOTOR characters, so I'm looking forward to Mundi making them at least somewhat viable in GAC.
  • Will we get a galactic republic Jedi tag so we can keep track of all of the crappy Jedi that we can’t use because they are so terrible?
  • By the time most of us unlock him they’ll have redone the old GR Jedi and added more.
  • but what about the droid attack on the mace rework?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    auwm183hofsv.png

Crumb in hot water
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Want to learn more about this character? Check out Ki-Adi-Mundi's Developer Insight

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of battle if all allies are Galactic Republic Jedi, they have +30 Speed, +40% Max Health, and +20% Offense.

Galactic Republic Jedi allies with a Support or Healer role have additional Offense equal to 10% of their Max Health.

This is insanely overpowered!

So an unmixed R7 Barriss has 75k health...with mods easily 150,000.

Under a GK lead (+30% max health) and KAM (+40% max health)...that’s over 250,000 health...which translates to +25,000 offense.

How about we include Luminara? Using the same mods and leadership she’d have over 230,000 health and + 23,000 offense.

And her heal heals for 45% of her health (so over 100k and an additional 20% of her max health on the start of their next two turns...so 46k!)

And don’t forget under a GK lead group heals that heal 100% call everyone to attack!

Still not convinced?

How about we add GMY? He’s a support so he also gets the bonuses.

Same mods and leadership at R7 would give him 170,000 health and + 17,000 offense.

His AOE will melt the other team.

And don’t forget battle meditation gives protection up which is based on max health.

Insane I tell you.
  • It's a unique not a leader ability. Would be targeting him straight away.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Under a GK lead (+30% max health) and KAM (+40% max health)...that’s over 250,000 health...which translates to +25,000 offense.

How about we include Luminara? Using the same mods and leadership she’d have over 230,000 health and + 23,000 offense.

And her heal heals for 45% of her health (so over 100k and an additional 20% of her max health on the start of their next two turns...so 46k!)

And don’t forget under a GK lead group heals that heal 100% call everyone to attack!

Still not convinced?

Same mods and leadership at R7 would give him 170,000 health and + 17,000 offense.

And don’t forget battle meditation gives protection up which is based on max health.

Insane I tell you.

How does the health turn into offense under GK? Under Padme I understand that turns into offense but you said GK lead. Also Padme gives 50% max health while GK gives 30%.
  • R2E2s wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Still not convinced?

Insane I tell you.

How does the health turn into offense under GK? Under Padme I understand that turns into offense but you said GK lead. Also Padme gives 50% max health while GK gives 30%.

Mundi makes healers and supports add 10% of their max health as offense. The poster's only thing about GK is that when a healer uses a team healing ability it calls all allies then with full health to assist
  • KAM with zarris lead: total of 60% max health boost, turning into offence for zarris, lumi, GMY, qgj, jcon (hey dude, been a while...), Aalya.
    I reckon you can find a decent team there: leave GMY in jkr but have zarris, lumi, KAM, qgj, aalya?
  • To the ones that are adding the possible leadership +%health to the extra offense:

The leadership +%Heath and the unique +%Heath do not compound when calculating the +offense. So it will always be a +10% of the character 140% max health after mods.

It is still a lot but less than you are calculating.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • No reactive or triggering taunt.

Boom! Taunt dispelled. He'll be a tank for around one second. So it all comes down to his damage output ...

Does every GR or Jedi team other than clones need GK or what?
    GK for Padme!
    GK for Jedi Revan!
    GK for Mundi!
    GK for everyone!
  • Juzz wrote: »
    To the ones that are adding the possible leadership +%health to the extra offense:

The leadership +%Heath and the unique +%Heath do not compound when calculating the +offense. So it will always be a +10% of the character 140% max health after mods.

What do you mean they don’t compound?

Even if they just add you’d get +40% max health from KAM Unique and then with Barriss or GK as lead you’d get an additional +20% or +30% for a total of 160%-170% After mods.
  • Juzz wrote: »
    To the ones that are adding the possible leadership +%health to the extra offense:

What do you mean they don’t compound?

Even if they just add you’d get +40% max health from KAM Unique and then with Barriss or GK as lead you’d get an additional +20% or +30% for a total of 160%-170% After mods.

I am talking only about the +10% damage: that is calculated from 140% Health. It is the same case as R2 under Pdme lead or Sidious under Traya lead
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Shame he has no team to stuck into :/ at least no need to bother