Grand Arena byes lose out of multiple rewards, 100's of currency, & 1000's of championship pts

Replies

• Let's start with what is a bye: You get a bye for the entire round within the 4 round GA. Correct?

Incorrect. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018
  • What I expect has happened is you have actually missed 3 out of the 8 possible 3 battle rounds that were available in the first two full championships. The total available points you have missed out on is more like 29,200 or so (9 times the individual round maximum of 2964 plus about >2500 or so from feats).

Importantly a single bye would apply to a single GA battle against 1 opponent. Normally they happen once per 3 battle round. It's been clearly documented by numerous moan threads on this forum (see for example https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/218454/seriously-3567-gac-points-already#latest) that at the start of defense setup phase people that get byes receive the max points available for defense, offense and the win bonus for the battle immediately. This is specifically accentuated in the current div 2 leader board where one player is gaining a massive lead from being the only person in aurodium at matchmaking for this 3 battle round, hence they were in a group of 8 on their own and getting max points every round being a bye.

What has happened (most likely) in your case is you've forgotten to go into the GA screen and click join during the sign up phase of 3 separate GAs. If you don't join a GA round, you don't get the points or rewards for it (obviously). I suggest you screen record when you join GA in the future if you don't believe you forgot to join GA and if you ever notice you can't play in a round of 3 GA battles having clicked the join button you'll have evidence of a bug you can post on answersHQ.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Let's start with what is a bye: You get a bye for the entire round within the 4 round GA. Correct?

If using the correct definitions:
    A bye is for the entire round, yes.

Using your definitions:
    A bye is for one battle only.
  • Let's start with what is a bye: You get a bye for the entire round within the 4 round GA. Correct?

incorrect
  • You haven't had a bye, so you are not qualified to answer, there is another thread on this forum outlining it when someone was complaining about the issue only to find they were in fact ahead by the correct number of points. If you google "swgoh gac bye" that also solves the problem. I am literally spoon-feeding you this.
  • @Waqui I'm sorry, I meant the latter.

It’s the former. There are four GAs within a single GAC. You have to sign up for each individual GA. Four different join periods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Each of the 3 byes I've gotten kept me out of battles for a week, (the full round/match of 3 battles.) If you have bot had a bye, you wouldn't know.

That's not a bye. If you miss a whole week, you didn't sign up for the GA (which lasts a week, and requires you to sign up, if you want to participate)
  • Yeah, it’s pretty simple. OP didn’t get a bye, he simply didn’t join GAC, and therefore did get no points.
  • @Waqui ok, that is what I am/was trying to say and I definitely signed up for each individual round per each GA.

Clearly not.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Waqui let me ask you this, do you have to sign up for the GA every one of the 4 rounds or do you only have to sign up for the 1st of 4 rounds? I believe it's the former. But, I definitely entered each GA I got a bye from daily.

Please use the correct words.
    Using the correct definitions (not your wrong defenitions):

You need to sign up for each of the 4 GAs in a GA championship.

If you entered daily, how did you miss a week?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, it’s pretty simple. OP didn’t get a bye, he simply didn’t join GAC, and therefore did get no points.

This seems to be where we have finally ended up and the only explanation for missing 3 battles, as described.
  • What else can we say to convince you? If you don't believe us, google it, much quicker then "monitoring things yourself."
  • The current round of the GA says enter, not join. I entered every day of each GA period, so that can't be the answer.

Pay attention tomorrow. After the current attack phase ends there will be a one hour review phase and then a one day join phase. The button will say join at that point.
  • Since we are on round 3,my argument isn't valid, but we'll see the next round. I disagree that you have to join each of the 4 rounds of 3 battles. Joining the 1st is all that's necessary.

This is incorrect. I'm sure others have posted the link to the dev information.

Each GAC consists of four Grand Arena rounds (sets of three battles amongst eight players). Each individual Grand Arena round MUST be joined by the player. If you only hit join in the first Grand Arena Round, you are only entered for that round, not the following ones as well.

It does sound like you haven't had a bye, and instead missed a sign up period. There is only one kind of bye in-game which means you skip one match and get max banners for it, not all three matches of a Grand Arena round.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The current round of the GA says enter, not join. I entered every day of each GA period, so that can't be the answer.

If you entered every day, how did you miss a week?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Since we are on round 3,my argument isn't valid, but we'll see the next round. I disagree that you have to join each of the 4 rounds of 3 battles. Joining the 1st is all that's necessary.

If you keep using the wrong words, we will end up misunderstanding each other.

There are only 3 rounds to each GA - not 4. There are 4 GAs to a GAC.

You insist on using the wron terms. Are you deliberately trying to confuse the readers?

Good luck. I'm out of here.
  • Alright, maybe I did miss joining 3 out of 8 times, I am not sure about that though, and I am still not convinced, due to my diligence with the game and how much I play daily. I want to see a "join" button after this round, if I do, I will consider that I didn't join during those rounds. Consider, but not I might not be convinced. In the other hand, you cannot take what the developers say as fact everytime they say something, esp. when it's early in a new feature and they might not know everything that will occur.

I mean, there's a strong case for what I've said reading the rest of this thread. You'll see tomorrow. After the one hour review period there will be a "Join" button which changes to "Enter" once pressed.

Also, bear in mind that if you were getting a lot of actual byes, you would be pretty much top of the leader board for no effort at all.
This discussion has been closed.