Grand arena matchmaking

So ive spent some money to progress faster, catch up peeps who have played this game longer, but seems it was huge mistake. When genosian tb came, i used a lot of money to gear up toons to be help to my guild progress faster and trying to keep competive in GAC also. but this top80 characters doesnt take account mods and zetas. I dont think im alone with this problem that i just dont wanna use money anymore at all, cause it will just bring me even tougher opponents with +100 6* mods more, not to even mention that I have zero +25 speed mods and usually opponents have many of these. Almost forgot to mention that they have also over 20 zetas more usually.

Anyone else having the same problem who has used money to progress faster?

Replies

• If you are willing to use money, it's much smarter to direct more or less half of it towards mods.

Your problem probably won't have another solution until you start investing more in mods. The zetas, however, should not be a problem as long as you have the more important ones.
  • Agree with the above. You can develop your roster quickly and not be disadvantaged too much if you simultaneously invest enough in mods. Older F2P players have a mirror impact of less useful character development and zeta development adding GP so the differentiating factors is predominantly mods.

My opinion (which isn't advice on how to use money) is that if you are crystal rich from arenas or spending do at the very least all 100 crystal refreshes on mod farming. Use crystals and GAC currency on mod slicing materials. Use arena tokens on the 1mil credits. Level all (but the very worst) mods you farm until 4 stats are showing. Then slice any with the potential to reach 14+ on speed secondaries. (i.e. don't slice purples with 8 speed, but do slice grays and blues with 5 speed, etc.)

That's very profligate.. but mods is a numbers game and the more you do the more you'll get that are high quality. If needed you can restrict your leveling and slicing heuristics to fit the amount you want to invest.

Don't bother buying mods from the mod store (unless you see a really great one and have spare credits) it's too low volume and while it can occasionally result in a single great mod it doesn't provide the volume you need for GAC.

if you do 6 refreshes of mod energy you'll end up with 55+ mods per day to level.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Paperiaivo wrote: »
    but this top80 characters doesnt take account mods and zetas.

Zetas and mods add to you GP. If you're matched with an opponent who has more zetas and better mods than you (on the top-X characters), then you have a GP advantage on other aspects.
    I dont think im alone with this problem that i just dont wanna use money anymore at all, cause it will just bring me even tougher opponents with +100 6* mods more, not to even mention that I have zero +25 speed mods and usually opponents have many of these.

Time to farm some mods, then. The good news is, that you can refresh mod energy, using crystals.
    Almost forgot to mention that they have also over 20 zetas more usually.

Zetas are the only thing, money can't buy in this game. 20 zetas is roughly half a year of farming. However, your opponents whom you caught up to, may have spent some of those zetas on skills that are now useless or weak in GA, f. ex. on Phasma's lead.
    Anyone else having the same problem who has used money to progress faster?

Trailing on zetas is common for spenders, who caught up to veteran players by spending. Being behind on mods is purely a matter of how you spent the resources, you bought. If you spent most farming characters shards and gear, and only little farming mods, you will be behind on mods. Of course, you will.
  • Thanks for the replies. Totally forgot to tell you that i have been refreshing mod energy atleast 3 times per day. using all my credits to mods and slicing, but it seems i dont have any luck with them. played over 3 years and zero +25 speed mods, 17 +20 speed. Got one of +24, one of +23, two +22 and rest just +20. Have logged into this game everyday these past years.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Paperiaivo wrote: »
    played over 3 years and zero +25 speed mods, 17 +20 speed. Got one of +24, one of +23, two +22 and rest just +20. Have logged into this game everyday these past years.

That's better than me 😂