Kit Reveal: Ki-Adi-Mundi

Replies

• Juzz wrote: »
    Juzz wrote: »
    To the ones that are adding the possible leadership +%health to the extra offense:

The leadership +%Heath and the unique +%Heath do not compound when calculating the +offense. So it will always be a +10% of the character 140% max health after mods.

It is still a lot but less than you are calculating.

What do you mean they don’t compound?

Even if they just add you’d get +40% max health from KAM Unique and then with Barriss or GK as lead you’d get an additional +20% or +30% for a total of 160%-170% After mods.

I am talking only about the +10% damage: that is calculated from 140% Health. It is the same case as R2 under Pdme lead or Sidious under Traya lead

Except on swgoh.gg, whilst R2's bonus to health and Sidious' ability are showing as (additive) in the mechanics...In Ki-Adi-Mundi's abilities the Max Health bonus is listed as being (multiplicative)...so surely that changes things, doesn't it?
    To the ones that are adding the possible leadership +%health to the extra offense:

The leadership +%Heath and the unique +%Heath do not compound when calculating the +offense. So it will always be a +10% of the character 140% max health after mods.

Even if they just add you’d get +40% max health from KAM Unique and then with Barriss or GK as lead you’d get an additional +20% or +30% for a total of 160%-170% After mods.

I am talking only about the +10% damage: that is calculated from 140% Health. It is the same case as R2 under Pdme lead or Sidious under Traya lead

Except on swgoh.gg, whilst R2's bonus to health and Sidious' ability are showing as (additive) in the mechanics...In Ki-Adi-Mundi's abilities the Max Health bonus is listed as being (multiplicative)...so surely that changes things, doesn't it?

In the description it doesn't specify "At the start of battle/encounter" so I think it's 10% of current Max Health wich is added as Offense bonus
  • I also think it works like that. I think it works like FOE's bonus offense. The bonus offense changes when the max health changes right? I think Ki-Adi-Mundi's unique works like that
  • It's a unique not a leader ability. Would be targeting him straight away.

Even if you kill him i think the extra offense would still stand.

Look at R2's Number crunch. It talks in there about the bonus Protection, offense etc...are until he is defeated.

why would the +10% of max health not include the health bump from the leader?
  • Man, props to the devs for trying to find a place for Jedi Consular, but I'm fairly certain that even under KAM's crazy bonus he'd still suck.

I would be interested to see how hard healers could hit in the Sith raid where they get that massive health boost though. Y'know, in a year or so when somebody has this guy 7-starred.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Juzz
    366 posts Member

Cause when the max health is checked for the unique, leadership bonus is not yet added.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    flux_rono wrote: »
    zQGJ with KAM will be possibly insane for his damage and speed.
    +80 speed
    +offense =3X speed
    +20% offense
    +100% offense
    +30% defense pen

then the big attack with possibly +500% offense

edit:
    looking at swgoh.gg his speed is 154, like traya.
    the highest traya speed on there is 309 meaning KAM can get 389 speed at least.

I don't see it.

zQGJ lead gives +30 speed and + Offense = 3x speed. Mundi gives +30 speed.

So with zQGJ lead you get +60 speed, so +180 offense. (I'm pretty sure that the +offense = 3x speed is counted before mods, not after).

Under any other lead, you get +30 speed, rather than +60.
    - Lumi lead: 15% evasion, 8% of Lumi's health heal at the start of each turn, and HoTs
    - Barriss lead: 20% max health; 8% of Barriss health heal at the start of each turn
    - GK lead: +30% max health, +70% defense, when a Jedi does a group heal, all allies at max health assist
    - zQGJ lead: +30 speed, +180 offense.

I don't see how ''zQGJ with KAM will be possibly insane for his damage and speed''. 180 offense is hardly insane, even when increased by 20% or 100%. GK lead is the clear winner.
    Post edited by Caiaphas on
  • Caiaphas wrote: »
    +80 speed
    +offense =3X speed
    +20% offense
    +100% offense
    +30% defense pen

edit:

I don't see it.

So with zQGJ lead you get +60 speed, so +180 offense. (I'm pretty sure that the +offense = 3x speed is counted before mods, not after).

- Lumi lead: 15% evasion, 8% of Lumi's health heal at the start of each turn, and HoTs
    - Barriss lead: 20% max health; 8% of Barriss health heal at the start of each turn
    - GK lead: +30% max health, +70% defense, when a Jedi does a group heal, all allies at max health assist

I don't see it.

What don't you see ? You need to help us so we can help you .

Also @Juzz

In the description it doesn't specify "At the start of battle/encounter" so I think it's 10% of current Max Health wich is added as Offense bonus.

Any answers for these guys . Seems like we have dodged these points

Cause when the max health is checked for the unique, leadership bonus is not yet added.

Seems like that part of the unique is separate from the one that starts at the start of the encounter . Thought the 10%offence of max health of healer / support was taken at the start of turn.
    +80 speed
    +offense =3X speed
    +20% offense
    +100% offense
    +30% defense pen

edit:

I don't see it.

I don't see how ''zQGJ with KAM will be possibly insane for his damage and speed''. 180 offense is hardly insane, even when increased by 20% or 100%. GK lead is the clear winner.

im unsure when or if mods are affected, but dont forget the +20 speed from his ataru stance
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    +80 speed
    +offense =3X speed
    +20% offense
    +100% offense
    +30% defense pen

edit:

I don't see it.

im unsure when or if mods are affected, but dont forget the +20 speed from his ataru stance

I think the other guy interpreted your comment to mean the entire team got +80 speed, not just KAM himself.

Under Qui-Gon, KAM gets +80 in Ataru stance, everyone else gets +60.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    +80 speed
    +offense =3X speed
    +20% offense
    +100% offense
    +30% defense pen

edit:

I don't see it.

I don't see it.

What don't you see ? You need to help us so we can help you .

Also @Juzz

In the description it doesn't specify "At the start of battle/encounter" so I think it's 10% of current Max Health wich is added as Offense bonus.

Any answers for these guys . Seems like we have dodged these points

It doesnt matter if multiplicative health or additve Health for the +40%. When leadership and unique queries the value of max health the results from both are not yet added when the query is done.

I do have to retract from what i said about the offense because the +10% offense query for max health triggers on "Start Move" as per swgoh.gg info. Which means it queries the max health at the moment of using an ability and will count leadership, buffs, debuffs and any other change to max health. This is not the usual way these offense bonuses are handled by any other characters.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • They promised us a nearly full GR Jedi rework/touch-up run, and this is what we get instead. **** great.

They better rework some of those Jedi. Leaders especially, we need good GR jedi leaders. Of course Mace would have been the obvious and best choice, but no apparently a whole **** year of CW focus wasn't enough time to rework Mace.
    Sure they said they will rework him. In a million years or so maybe.
  • They promised us a nearly full GR Jedi rework/touch-up run, and this is what we get instead.

Did they? Do you have the source for that?
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    They promised us a nearly full GR Jedi rework/touch-up run, and this is what we get instead.

Absolutely I do. The source is the forum. It's a developer made post in, I believe, either general discussion or the developer news sub-forum. It's from earlier this year, probably between February and May, but soon after they announced the Clone Wars focus, and before mid-summer. You can go spend half an hour or so finding that post yourself if you'd like.

In fact the devs made several mentions through different channels that GR jedi would get reworks/touch-ups. Some other people picked up on this as well and they have also mentioned it.

The developer statement I am thinking about however was very detailed and explicitly states that all of the GR jedi that are really outdated or are unfairly useless, and not currently awesome like Yoda or GSK would get some sort of update. I can't remember exactly what they said as I'm not rainman, but it was something like most of the really useless ones would get more detailed reworks, while the ones that were half-good or had otherwise decent kits would get light touch-ups. I believe they mentioned Aayla by name for touch-up but as a maybe(Hint: she's pretty awesome already. Just kinda "lacking" something. Sort of like Maul). They also made a point of the fact that some would have to be left out as they don't have the resources to rework all of them. Obviously everyone expected at least a Mace rework, yet they have made zero reworks.

People ask me for sources on this almost every time I Mention it. I don't really care to change anyone's opinion on something like this, I mean this is a game we're talking about, and I don't really want to spend my relatively valuable time perusing the forum archives to prove myself right on the internet. Especially when several others have been talking about it, and some requesting sources post on these forums far more than me. Looking at you especially @Liath

Anyway where's the **** Jedi reworks CG? Only getting Mundi just isn't good enough. If you're leaving Mace in the gutter then I at least want my Plo or Fisto to be awesome or something. Oh and hey did you forget that LSTB is really **** hard?
  • @MightyWizard I wasn't doubting you mate, I was asking for the source because I wanted to see it myself. I wasn't playing the game from last October til this August, so I missed it clearly.

I'll poke around later
  • Q: Who is Ki-Adi-Mundi?
    CG_M: Most people probably recognize him as the Jedi Council member who asks, “What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?” in Revenge of the Sith but this character was given a much deeper lore and history outside of the main movies. He plays a significant role in the Clone Wars TV show, as a leader and mentor, and proves himself far more level pointy headed than the rest of the Jedi by advising caution and reason in most dangerous circumstances
    They promised us a nearly full GR Jedi rework/touch-up run, and this is what we get instead.

Absolutely I do. The source is the forum. It's a developer made post in, I believe, either general discussion or the developer news sub-forum. It's from earlier this year, probably between February and May, but soon after they announced the Clone Wars focus, and before mid-summer. You can go spend half an hour or so finding that post yourself if you'd like.

In fact the devs made several mentions through different channels that GR jedi would get reworks/touch-ups. Some other people picked up on this as well and they have also mentioned it.

The developer statement I am thinking about however was very detailed and explicitly states that all of the GR jedi that are really outdated or are unfairly useless, and not currently awesome like Yoda or GSK would get some sort of update. I can't remember exactly what they said as I'm not rainman, but it was something like most of the really useless ones would get more detailed reworks, while the ones that were half-good or had otherwise decent kits would get light touch-ups. I believe they mentioned Aayla by name for touch-up but as a maybe(Hint: she's pretty awesome already. Just kinda "lacking" something. Sort of like Maul). They also made a point of the fact that some would have to be left out as they don't have the resources to rework all of them. Obviously everyone expected at least a Mace rework, yet they have made zero reworks.

People ask me for sources on this almost every time I Mention it. I don't really care to change anyone's opinion on something like this, I mean this is a game we're talking about, and I don't really want to spend my relatively valuable time perusing the forum archives to prove myself right on the internet. Especially when several others have been talking about it, and some requesting sources post on these forums far more than me. Looking at you especially @Liath

Anyway where's the **** Jedi reworks CG? Only getting Mundi just isn't good enough. If you're leaving Mace in the gutter then I at least want my Plo or Fisto to be awesome or something. Oh and hey did you forget that LSTB is really **** hard?

This is a **** ton of writing for someone who doesn't want to spend their valuable time perusing the archives.

Maybe just admit you're lying and save a lot of time?

unless you link the actual source i wont believe it.
  • But I already posted the source. It would take you as long to find the exact post as it would me, therefore, I see no reason why I should go rummaging through a bunch of **** to prove myself right in something about a video game based on a fantasy story, all on the internet. I hate to break it to you but you're not important enough for me to waste my time on. And did mention how this is the internet and I don't care to chance anyone's opinion about something unimportant? If you think I'm lying then that's fine. You can believe it for eternity and it would be fine.
  • By the time we unlock and use him his kit will be obsolete.
  • I went through the posts. I didn't see a post where they said that they would rework the GR Jedi, other than one post where they said they would rework some jedi, and then mentioned GK, Ahsoka, and JKA specifically. Hopefully they did say something, but I can't find it
  • Why aren’t we talking about this more: Galactic Republic Jedi allies with a Support or Healer role have additional Offense equal to 10% of their Max Health.

So a 100,000 HP character now has an added 10,000 offense hit ?
  • Why aren’t we talking about this more: Galactic Republic Jedi allies with a Support or Healer role have additional Offense equal to 10% of their Max Health.

So a 100,000 HP character now has an added 10,000 offense hit ?

while i dont doubt the offense will be good, at the same time they still wont hit as much as we think in my opinion.
    not taking mods into account, we can look at GMY and Eeth Koth. according to swgoh.gg Eeth has better physical and special damage compared to GMY at max rank. yet who actually does more damage? GMY of course because of what i think is different ability multipliers. so even with a good boost from Eeth's health he still wont hit as hard as what you might expect.

i half hope im wrong and they do hit like trucks, but im skeptical
  • Aayla, Ima Gun Di, Luminara, Qui Gon do have some decent dmg multipliers. They would do some dmg. Its just their abilities are outdated
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    KAM infinite loop has been reported in the dev tracker

Now the question is if KAM's kit will change or the other 4
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Don't worry they have six years to fix it before the first unlock.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »

Probably increase his stance change cooldown to 3, if the loop is something like Ackbar/C3PO/KAM/2x non-rebels, kill off Ackbar, use stance change infinitely, calling C3PO to assist and resetting the cooldown.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Don't worry they have six years to fix it before the first unlock.

which is why i question why they are worrying about it enough to say they are fixing it. i doubt many guilds will even get 1 shard this run.
    even if everyone won it would still be another month before hes earned... and thats being very very generous