Help a returning player

2Next

Replies

• Yoda is worth everything you give him except Leadership, since more often than not the Leader will be Bastila, Revan, or Padme.

Vader is also all around good but I didn't do his Zetas.

Can't comment on Ahsoka as mine is only 5*/L50.
  • OP here, quick update of how I’m doing.

Still playing with both.

After a week in the new account I’ve gone from 10,000 to under 1,000 in arena. I won’t be able to break 1,000 in a while in my old account. After Phoenix on both I’m going to start doing different things like maybe Ewoks and bounty hunters in the old one while I do empire, revan in the other etc
  • @Le_Blille

Actually yes. GM Yoda has several good Omegas. Do not go for GMY's leadership. he doesn't have a ship so maxing everything just to boost Pilot GP (which boosts ship stats) isn't necessary. If you've invested a bit in his leadership, stop now.

As for Omegas, spend your first on MasterStroke, your 2nd on Yoda's basic ability (Ataru), and the third on Unstoppable Force.

Battle Meditation is worthy of a zeta, but not right away. There are other toons to zeta first since that zeta doesn't hit its stride until you've got Bastila.

Vader is also worth some Omegas, AND all your Omegas add to your ship's stats, so even if they Omegas weren't good, you'd want them just for the Pilot boost. But do Vader after you do GMY.

Order I'd do Vader is Basic then Culling Blade, then Force Crush.

Ahsoka give an Omega to her Basic only, and only after Vader and GMY (and, frankly, you might find that by the time you're ready to give her an Omega other toons have become new priorities). Ahsoka is a toon that eventually becomes great in the endgame, but you have to have a ton of gear, a ton of clones with a ton more gear, General Kenobi (from HAAT) and Jedi Knight Anakin before she comes into her own.

The only reason to develop Ahsoka now is for her ship, and even for that purpose I'd limit her to g10 max for the time being. Her day will come, though. Her day will come.
  • @Le_Blille

Actually yes. GM Yoda has several good Omegas. Do not go for GMY's leadership. he doesn't have a ship so maxing everything just to boost Pilot GP (which boosts ship stats) isn't necessary. If you've invested a bit in his leadership, stop now.

As for Omegas, spend your first on MasterStroke, your 2nd on Yoda's basic ability (Ataru), and the third on Unstoppable Force.

Battle Meditation is worthy of a zeta, but not right away. There are other toons to zeta first since that zeta doesn't hit its stride until you've got Bastila.

Vader is also worth some Omegas, AND all your Omegas add to your ship's stats, so even if they Omegas weren't good, you'd want them just for the Pilot boost. But do Vader after you do GMY.

Order I'd do Vader is Basic then Culling Blade, then Force Crush.

Ahsoka give an Omega to her Basic only, and only after Vader and GMY (and, frankly, you might find that by the time you're ready to give her an Omega other toons have become new priorities). Ahsoka is a toon that eventually becomes great in the endgame, but you have to have a ton of gear, a ton of clones with a ton more gear, General Kenobi (from HAAT) and Jedi Knight Anakin before she comes into her own.

The only reason to develop Ahsoka now is for her ship, and even for that purpose I'd limit her to g10 max for the time being. Her day will come, though. Her day will come.

Awesome, thanks. I just maxed master stroke (sounds really cool) and Ataru. Unstoppable force omega is locked at 80 and I’m not there yet. I use Yoda as lead for my Jedis now so I have his leadership at lvl 6 but I’m grinding Bastila to take that role over.

Great to hear Ahsoka has a role later. I have her at 7* and G9.

Also thanks for the explanation re ships, I didn’t know how the toon and ship interacted.

• There are two modes of thinking about bastille's leadership zeta.

It's definitely good, but as soon as you have Jedi Knight Revan, you won't use her leadership zeta again for a long time, possibly forever. So the question is, do you want to zeta something that you know is going to be obsolete very quickly?

Now, I zeta's her before Revan was released, so i didn't know it was essentially a temporary investment. And gosh darn did it pump up my Jedi. It makes killing Palp squads downright easy. Nowadays, though, I think you can get Revan very, very quickly after you get Bastila to 7* (you should be working on the other requirements simultaneously).

The Jedi Revan event can be done without Bastila's zeta, assuming Bast is about g10, Jolee is g9, and the other 3 toons are g7-g8. Not only is this achievable, but you're going to want Jolee and Bast at high gear levels anyway.

So, it's up to you. If you think you'll earn enough rewards to basically trade 20 zeta mats and 13 omegas for whatever extra GAC or Arena **** you think you'll get, go ahead and zeta her. Otherwise ... especially if your other Old Republic toons are close to 7* by the time you get Bastila there ... you hold off and use it to instantly zeta your new Revan and he'll be a better leader for you anyway.

In any case, Bastila's lead is much better than GMY's, so bringing it just short of zeta is absolutely mandatory, even if the zeta ends up (depending on your play style and how far along you are with other Old Republic toons) being optional.

...Speaking of zetas... have you decided which toon gets your first?
  • lol

I wrote "boo ty" with no space - as in treasure - and it got censored because the filter thought I was going full Sir Mixalot.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »
    Please ignore all the people telling you to “restart the game”, you are a level 77 with some decent characters and you can easily get back into things if you focus on Phoenix, and Empire or whatever characters YOU want.

I myself came back to this game back September 22nd 2019 at level 52 with even less high level characters then you. Not only did I continue but I am a level 77 now myself with a full Phoenix squad level 65 gear level 7 for all, 5 stars for all except Sabine who is a 4 star.

My highest level character was Ahsoka level 52 and 3 stars, I have a huge roaster of characters now that I want and in took me less then a month to get “back on track”.

I had not even accessed Fleets at the time and now I have 7 ships at 4 stars at level 70.

DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR PROGRESS AND TIME

It took me a total of 2 months to get where I am now, and I had even less to work with but I refused to **** can my progress like a chump and am better for it. I am also in a good guild and have been for 1 month and 2 weeks.

how you doing in arenas?

OP, I started an alt a month ago and causally playing have 5* phoenix and ep vader and will have thrawn when event happens again. that was my point re starting over. You are already far behind in arena as I think you mentioned. I used to scoff at people saying "start over" but now I get it.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Le_Blille
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    There are two modes of thinking about bastille's leadership zeta.

It's definitely good, but as soon as you have Jedi Knight Revan, you won't use her leadership zeta again for a long time, possibly forever. So the question is, do you want to zeta something that you know is going to be obsolete very quickly?

Now, I zeta's her before Revan was released, so i didn't know it was essentially a temporary investment. And gosh darn did it pump up my Jedi. It makes killing Palp squads downright easy. Nowadays, though, I think you can get Revan very, very quickly after you get Bastila to 7* (you should be working on the other requirements simultaneously).

The Jedi Revan event can be done without Bastila's zeta, assuming Bast is about g10, Jolee is g9, and the other 3 toons are g7-g8. Not only is this achievable, but you're going to want Jolee and Bast at high gear levels anyway.

So, it's up to you. If you think you'll earn enough rewards to basically trade 20 zeta mats and 13 omegas for whatever extra GAC or Arena **** you think you'll get, go ahead and zeta her. Otherwise ... especially if your other Old Republic toons are close to 7* by the time you get Bastila there ... you hold off and use it to instantly zeta your new Revan and he'll be a better leader for you anyway.

In any case, Bastila's lead is much better than GMY's, so bringing it just short of zeta is absolutely mandatory, even if the zeta ends up (depending on your play style and how far along you are with other Old Republic toons) being optional.

...Speaking of zetas... have you decided which toon gets your first?
    lol

I wrote "boo ty" with no space - as in treasure - and it got censored because the filter thought I was going full Sir Mixalot.
    Let’s keep this forum clean! Lol

I haven’t thought of what to Zeta honestly, since I just applied my first omegas :)

I may omega bastila’s leadership ability and stop there.

Gifafi wrote: »
    OP, I started an alt a month ago and causally playing have 5* phoenix and ep vader and will have thrawn when event happens again. that was my point re starting over. You are already far behind in arena as I think you mentioned. I used to scoff at people saying "start over" but now I get it.

Well, it really depends on what you want.

Yes, arena sucks but you already have a lot of the boring work done (playing both sides again etc). I think I’ll just do fun stuff with the old one and focus on the new one.

Re arena what I’m actually wondering is if in the long run it will be easier in the old one. Almost everybody quit the game by now so while I may never make the top 10, maybe top 100 is fine. People that left have old teams and as CG launches new features, those will make their teams less competitive. We’ll see!
  • Uriakatos
    176 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    The reason why you quit the game in the first place was because you took the event and being at the tip of the community too seriously. Instead of chasing the meta by chasing toons you yourself expressed disappointment in for being "not very iconic," and just listing the optimal farming "phoenix to thrawn to r2 to palp etc," try farming the toons you want. The rest will follow. You will be forced to farm very specific toons for hero's journey characters, but if you don't want to, then to hell with doing it. Get a guild that isn't uptight to the point of telling you what to be farming but is still serious about the game and you'll progress faster than you expect. Farm toons for your own reasons. Reasons better than just chasing the meta:
    Whether it be for the iconic-ness or their kit or your own theorycraft in your head or outlandish predictions for what will be meta or even just if they look cool and you want them. You're just gonna be disappointed once you catch back up and the same thing happens again but this time with a much bigger paywall.
  • Uriakatos wrote: »
    The reason why you quit the game in the first place was because you took the event and being at the tip of the community too seriously. Instead of chasing the meta by chasing toons you yourself expressed disappointment in for being "not very iconic," and just listing the optimal farming "phoenix to thrawn to r2 to palp etc," try farming the toons you want. The rest will follow. You will be forced to farm very specific toons for hero's journey characters, but if you don't want to, then to hell with doing it. Get a guild that isn't uptight to the point of telling you what to be farming but is still serious about the game and you'll progress faster than you expect. Farm toons for your own reasons. Reasons better than just chasing the meta:
    Whether it be for the iconic-ness or their kit or your own theorycraft in your head or outlandish predictions for what will be meta or even just if they look cool and you want them. You're just gonna be disappointed once you catch back up and the same thing happens again but this time with a much bigger paywall.

You’re wise. I am doing the optimal path with the new account but already decided to have more fun with the old one since it’s not competitive anyway. I paused Phoenix and I’m finishing ramping up my Jedi and nightsister teams instead. Then I’m off to building an Ewok team. I always thought they were hilarious. Hopefully they can beat somebody.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Ewoks are plenty capable of beating lots of teams. In fact, in the early stages if you go for ewoks first, they can dominate most other teams available.

I have an alt account that's now at 2M gp and I still don't have wicket to 7* yet, but my 4-zeta ewoks (none higher than g11) form a tremendous wall in GAC. No one ever seems to get past them.

To be sure, at the 2M-level there are other squads that will take them apart, but Since I have other teams that are scary, (Mostly JKR and DR, but also my rebels are okay), they will throw their best team against my DR (which really isn't any good yet) b/c they overestimate it just based on the name. Then they put at least one good team on defense. Then whatever they have left just seems not to get through the fuzzballs.

Don't really know why, but it sure as heck has worked for the last couple of GACs.
  • Ewoks are plenty capable of beating lots of teams. In fact, in the early stages if you go for ewoks first, they can dominate most other teams available.

I have an alt account that's now at 2M gp and I still don't have wicket to 7* yet, but my 4-zeta ewoks (none higher than g11) form a tremendous wall in GAC. No one ever seems to get past them.

To be sure, at the 2M-level there are other squads that will take them apart, but Since I have other teams that are scary, (Mostly JKR and DR, but also my rebels are okay), they will throw their best team against my DR (which really isn't any good yet) b/c they overestimate it just based on the name. Then they put at least one good team on defense. Then whatever they have left just seems not to get through the fuzzballs.

Don't really know why, but it sure as heck has worked for the last couple of GACs.

That’s great to hear.

The good thing of having an old account is that I have a bit of everything so I don’t start from scratch.

I have a 4* scout, 3* chirps and 2* elder. Can I reuse those for a decent Ewok squad?

Logray seems like a nightmare to farm so I’d rather avoid him. And I would like to get Teebo since he looks helpful for rancor.
  • Teebo is helpful for Rancor, and as both I and others have said, fun should be your top priority, so if you want him, snag him. I don't use Teebo, though, in my ewok team, and back in the days right before they allowed guilds to sim the rancor raid, I didn't use Teebo for that either. Logray might be a hard farm, but he's a wonderful addition to the ewok squad. It's really hard to express how important it can be to manage the counter-attacks and TM gain of your opponents. Many squads have abilities to gain TM or to engage in mass counter-attacks. Logray is useful in all those situations.

That said, it's really pretty easy to get CLS and you'll get Raid Han without trying b/c of raid rewards from your guild. Those two toons can sim Rancor on their own with no help from others (including Teebo) needed ... and, of course, most guilds are going to Sim the Rancor raid anyway.

If you'd like to join a guild that will boost your acquisition of Raid Han and General Kenobi, I can get you into the guild of my alt account. We sim the Rancor and it gets your Han much quicker than if you were not simming (on a sim, all guild members get 10 or 11 shards of Raid Han, I forget which). You'll get Kenobi slower than you get Raid Han b/c there's no sim so you'll be finishing 30th+, but some progress is better than no progress.

If you really want to experience fighting the Rancor (and I do recommend it, it's very fun the first couple of times), you can always join a guild that is simming the Rancor raid and then either ask for the guild to do one Rancor by hand when you're ready (a lot of guild officers are cool with that idea when they're running a small/newcomer guild) OR you can leave the guild for a few days, join a lower-level guild for a few days, earn some tickets with them, fight their rancor, and then go back to any friends you've made in the guild you spent most of your time.

Guilds are something we haven't talked about, but since the entire purpose of the game is to have fun, you really should talk about them with someone. Join one and your characters will get better. Don't join one and you'll lag in development heck for a long, long time.

As another aside, you mentioned either not wanting to farm Logray and/or not wanting to wait for Logray to finish your squad (I wasn't sure which you were really saying). That brings up how it's helpful just having people to talk to about how you had a great day or a terrible day on your attempt to farm this toon or that toon. We've all been through long farms and we can pat you on the back and give you sympathy or share your joy. Honestly a good guild makes the game 10 times better.

If you'd like to join the guild of my alt, LMK. They're pretty laid back, and though my alt has 2M gp now, I think I joined with 400k or something like that? Maybe even less. They're not super talkative, but they're kind and if you ask a question you get a helpful answer.
  • Oh, and Scout, Chirpa, and Elder are all definitely usable in a good ewok squad. Eventually you'll probably want to replace Scout with Wicket. This isn't even a case of just going for power for power's sake: the fun of the ewoks is in all their assists and the masses of fuzzballs running every which way is an amusing image on the screen. Scout is a damage dealer who calls no assists. Wicket is a damage dealer who does call assists, so (for me at least) Wicket is one of those great toons that increases the power of your squad AND the fun of your squad at the same time.

But yeah, those 3 ewoks can make a good early ewok core, with Paploo, Logray, and Wicket added as they become available. Until you have 5 ewoks, and especially before you add Paploo, adding an easy-to-get tank like StormTrooper, Royal Guard, or StormTrooperHan can help round out the group. Of those 3, I like Royal Guard best, but really at your level of roster development it's just about showing any extra toon you have in there.
  • Oh, and Scout, Chirpa, and Elder are all definitely usable in a good ewok squad. Eventually you'll probably want to replace Scout with Wicket. This isn't even a case of just going for power for power's sake: the fun of the ewoks is in all their assists and the masses of fuzzballs running every which way is an amusing image on the screen. Scout is a damage dealer who calls no assists. Wicket is a damage dealer who does call assists, so (for me at least) Wicket is one of those great toons that increases the power of your squad AND the fun of your squad at the same time.

But yeah, those 3 ewoks can make a good early ewok core, with Paploo, Logray, and Wicket added as they become available. Until you have 5 ewoks, and especially before you add Paploo, adding an easy-to-get tank like StormTrooper, Royal Guard, or StormTrooperHan can help round out the group. Of those 3, I like Royal Guard best, but really at your level of roster development it's just about showing any extra toon you have in there.

Thanks, this is great! I have a half developed royal guard so I’ll put that one in.

So the plan would be to go scout, chirpa, elder, teebo, royal guard then paploo instead of guard then wicket instead of scout?

I’m pretty excited about the prospect :)

Re the guild - thanks for the offer, it’s very generous! I’m in a fun guild (same for both accounts). Not very competitive, granted, (no rancor sim) but chatty and entertaining so I’ll stay there for now :)

I don’t want to do a whole new squad for rancor but I’d like to have a chance :) Would Ewok elder, teebo, TF Pilot, phasma, be a good foundation for a rancor squad while I wait for CLS / Han?
  • @MasterSeedy came across this chat looking for some advice with strategy. If you’re looking for members in the alt-acct’s guild I’ve been looking for a new guild. My ally code is 646-768-895
  • @Msl

I'll check. So Long as there is space, I'm sure we'd love to have you.
  • @Le_Blille
    I don’t want to do a whole new squad for rancor but I’d like to have a chance :) Would Ewok elder, teebo, TF Pilot, phasma, be a good foundation for a rancor squad while I wait for CLS / Han?

TFP is good because of Tenacity Down, but everyone else should be focussed on Turn Meter Removal, if possible. Teebo is AMAZING for this, b/c Teebo can remove 100% TM on a basic attack, so long as Teebo is stealthed.

Some of the easiest-to-farm toons with good TM Remoal:

Cad Bane (Remove 50% on special)
    Clone Sergeant (Remove 50% on special)
    Clone Wars Chewie (55% chance for 50% removal on Basic)
    FO Executioner (Special removes 50%)
    GA Thrawn (EXCELLENT toon for Rancor - Fracture removes TM and cuts speed 50%)
    GM Tarkin (Special attack removes TM = Potency)
    GM Yoda (Removes 70% on special, but b/c Yoda gains lots of TM this happens often)
    Greedo (Special removes TM = Critical Chance)
    Logray (Removes 100% on special)
    Magmatrooper (Special attack removes 30% or 60% TM)
    Qui Gon (65% to remove 30% on basic)
    Tusken Raider (55% chance for 50% removal on Basic)

Fairly easy to farm, but not recommended:
    Darth Vader (Only on Lead, and not reliable unless zeta'd, which really isn't worth it these days)
    Old Ben (Special has 80% chance to remove 60% TM, but it has a 5-turn cool down, so not recommended)
    Ventress (Lead is like Darth Vader's, and similarly undesirable right now ... though Ventress' zeta eventually becomes useful in the Heroic Sith raid)

So, Teebo and TFP are necessary for the squad, but 3 other TM removing toons are your next priorities.

If you wanted to kill the rancor very early, the easiest way to do it is to zeta Vader and make an all-Empire team with TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn, and Magma behind Vader. But Vader's leadership is a very dubious use of a zeta. Again, whatever is the most fun is what you should do, but zetas being a finite resource and with so many other zetas being both more powerful AND more fun, I'd give this option a pass.
  • If your only about arena then yes starting over is the way, not everyone cares about that part of the game and so play it for fun or to collect the characters they want and go through all the other aspects of the game.

I never gave a crap about arena but I play it twice a day for my daily goal.
  • @MasterSeedy

Thank you!

I don’t necessarily want to do it solo right away, just have a chance :)

My best toon now is GMY so that’s great news. I’ll put him with Teebo, Bane, TFP and Clone Chewie. When I unlock Thrawn I’ll likely swap him in for Chewie.