can you stop making every aspect of game impossible?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    @Top_Quark
    Your assumption of phase 4 doability is random and mostly relies on your desire to be able to do it then anything. You will see when p3 platoons are filled, it's not immediate death on the first quarter of the match.

You are doing two ridiculous things here.

1st, you're writing stuff that you can't possibly mean to say. Why not think about what you're actually writing before you type out something like
    phase 4 doability ... mostly relies on your desire to be able to do it then anything

No amount of desire allows your g10 bounty hunters, with +50 speed mod sets to last 30 seconds in p4. It does not rely "mostly" on desire. It relies "mostly" on having relic'd toons, with other things like mods and strategy playing important roles. As you mentioned, RNG also affects things b/c some squads are better against some enemies and yet you don't know which enemies will be present in which battles until you try them.

Seriously, I want to have a productive discussion, but a conversation isn't going to be productive if you can't think about what you write long enough to stop yourself from saying that completing p4 TB "mostly relies on your desire". You're making yourself look ignorant and silly.

2nd, you're contradicting yourself. At the same time you're making the statement that p4 doability "mostly relies on your desire", you also state that doability "is random". Then you mentioned filling p3 platoons. But of course you don't control whether or not platoons get filled. Even if you donated everything you have, you can't possibly fill all the platoons, not least because multiple copies of the same toons are required. So no matter how hard you farm, no matter how hard you whale, you are crushed unless you're in a guild with a bunch of other people who have Malak. Even then, you're going to get crushed unless you have a good guild structure with officers that make sure that people prioritize filling platoons before doing battles.

So is it "desire"? Is it "random"? Is it whaling/farming? Is it the roster priorities you chose? Is it the gear priorities you chose? Is it your mods? Is it joining a guild with lots of other high GP players? Is it joining a guild with good and competent leadership?

Turns out it's all of these things, and "desire" is the least of these by the time you acquire the rest. The only role for desire is giving you the determination to spend the long time farming and gearing and modding and guild hunting. Once you've actually got those other things, desire plays little role. Before you have those things, desire doesn't help you at all: you're still crushed.

And, of course, I need to remind you that the point of all this was that I was responding to people who said that if we don't have LS Geo then we won't have anything to work on. The point of me writing this is that what they said is not only not true, but to the extent that "impossibility" is relevant at all, it's in how the impossibility saps desire by making the game less fun and cuts into the rewards that we need to build up all the rest.

Therefore, if in reality things turn out to be impossible in the way that we fear that they might be, then LS Geo TB will hurt us on every aspect of what we need, from desire on down.
  • Options
    Dark Side geo tb is the lamest game mode. How is it fun to see your hard geared relics full team getting crushed in 2 shots by simple clones ?
    Feeling weak and useless despite months of gearing is not my definition of fun. And I am not speaking of simply discard your toon, not playing it, just to "fill" a board that give bonus, laaaaaaaaaaame.
    But I am 100% confident that the new tb will be worse, devs confirmed through the differents releases their amazing capacity to go deeper into whaling and lame.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I don't get the hoarding is bad mentality. If you're not hoarding, then you're either spending it on the same thing a hoarder did but over a period of time or you're spending it on stuff you know isn't as good as the stuff you could be spending it on. If it's the former then it's your choice not to get stuff as quickly, and if it's the latter then it's your choice to in all likelihood not be particularly competitive.
  • Options
    DR gets beaten by a variety of teams and nothing holds on defense anyway, even 7* GAS.
    Nego can be beaten by several comps aswell, I'm beating it with rebels on a regular basis and even beat one with a weird Thrawn + Silencer + Emp ships comp (out of desperation in a TW where only 1 enemy ship fleet was left).
    If you've already realized the importance of hoarding for a non spender, why not hoard yourself? If YOU decide to not hoard it's not CGs fault that can't get the latest shiny thing.

Just the typical nonsense complaining.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    OP, my recommendation is to just quit and buy a switch. You’ll likely save money in the long-run and have more to show for it
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Dark Side geo tb is the lamest game mode. How is it fun to see your hard geared relics full team getting crushed in 2 shots by simple clones ?

You are doing something very wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    hoard = pile of treasure
    horde = army of savages
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

You are doing something very wrong.

Yeeeeees, I have been quoted by TVF.

This is a huge step for my plan of becoming Master of Forum !

Next target : Ultra ! xD
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I know it's easier to have that reaction than to figure out what you're doing wrong.
  • Options
    No it is not ^^
    And I know what is "wrong". I succeed when I use only the toons that CG wants me to use. When I tried other toons like wampa in order to have "fun" (I know this word doesnt belong here), those toons are getting crushed even with relics. It is just sad to be forced to use always the same teams in every game mode now. Laaaaaaame
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    K
  • Options
    No it is not ^^
    And I know what is "wrong". I succeed when I use only the toons that CG wants me to use. When I tried other toons like wampa in order to have "fun" (I know this word doesnt belong here), those toons are getting crushed even with relics. It is just sad to be forced to use always the same teams in every game mode now. Laaaaaaame
    Define "fun". For some, it's winning all their matches. If you want that, you work on factions that already interact well-together or you use some theory crafter teams, but with a strong synergy.

However, if you prefer to plug characters in some random teams with no synergy, you need to adjust your definition of fun.

You'll get to play the characters you want, but it's unreasonable to expect them to beat a well-synergising team just because using Wampa looks more entertaining to you than a DR team.
  • Options
    So if I am continuing your argument, what is the point of releasing a character like wampa in the first place ? What is the point of releasing a single toon ? In that case it is just faction. And they should only release faction
  • Options
    So if I am continuing your argument, what is the point of releasing a character like wampa in the first place ? What is the point of releasing a single toon ? In that case it is just faction. And they should only release faction

Because there is more to this game than just PvP, and many players enjoy these other aspects. And some players even enjoy theory crafting ways to use these seemingly homeless characters in PvP modes to build successful teams that catch others off guard.

Different players have fun in different ways, if yours is being PvP competitive, than you should focus on meta teams and their counters. If its raids or TB, than you focus on those teams that help your guild. If its just about collecting your favorite digital star wars characters, then you do that.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    I was not talking about PVP, that is the all point. Now we need to use PVP teams to compete in PVE. You are using exactly the same compo teams everywhere. I am just bored using the same unbalanced teams.

But if all of you have absolutely no problem with it, that must comes from me. I was genuinely thinking having to create my own teams and theorycrafting is more fun than just listen to CG that says use this toon, this toon and this toon and press auto (I do listen, it works, it is just lame to do it over and over).

Anyways, different kind of plays I guess. Have fun guys !
  • Options
    Of all the examples you could have chosen, you went for the rebel solo-ing wampa? What a waste of farming resources, oh no...