New character idea.

0xrfarg4omv8.jpg
zose35cexntn.jpg

I was wondering if they were ever planning on bringing Mara Jade to this game. I realise the new star wars movies essentially rubbed her out of existence, but she was still part of the star wars story.
I feel she could sort of like a Bastilla type with both dark and light personalities, the dark with synergy with Darth Vader and the light synergy with Jedi Luke (if he's ever released).

Replies

• Not going to happen
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Question 1: Who?

Question 2: After seeing what CG did to Padmé, why?
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Question 1: Who?

I can't tell if that is meant to be ironic... But you should Google her if you really don't know...
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

I think Mara would be good for other female players here. Let's face it, SW is screamingly devoid of female chars, and even fewer that are strong. Bastilla is one of my favourites both here and in kotor simply because she is strong and I can identify with her...
    I feel that Mara could do the same.

• Is she any more/less possible than the KoTOR characters?

Or is KoTOR video game canon?

While her relationship with Luke is likely to never happen in canon, I imagine she could still exist as a servant of the Emperor which was her original role wasn't it? Basically an Inquisitor IIRC?

I can't tell if that is meant to be ironic... But you should Google her if you really don't know...

I think Mara would be good for other female players here. Let's face it, SW is screamingly devoid of female chars, and even fewer that are strong. Bastilla is one of my favourites both here and in kotor simply because she is strong and I can identify with her...

You are joking about female characters, right?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Tbh I thought it said Mary Jane I honestly got no clue who she is
  • Well...one character in episode 9 had the script code name Mara-
    Would not be superseded if she ended up being loosely based on jades character. Don’t let me down Russell!
  • I'm still waiting for Hondo!!!
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Not at all. Using only the movies as reference there is Padme, Leia, Jyn and Rey. I realize Holdo might make that list, the backlash over the improbability of her final action, sort of makes me question her. But OK I'll add her. That makes 5 by my count. I'm not including Ahsoka, Sabine, or Bastilla here as not everyone has seen them, as they aren't movie chars.
    If you could please let me know of others that I haven't thought of? Especially ones that could be put in game? Shmi was strong and noble in her own right, but she wouldnt make a usable character.

Not at all. Using only the movies as reference there is Padme, Leia, Jyn and Rey. I realize Holdo might make that list, the backlash over the improbability of her final action, sort of makes me question her. But OK I'll add her. That makes 5 by my count. I'm not including Ahsoka, Sabine, or Bastilla here as not everyone has seen them, as they aren't movie chars.
    If you could please let me know of others that I haven't thought of? Especially ones that could be put in game? Shmi was strong and noble in her own right, but she wouldnt make a usable character.

Phasma, rose
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Disney Star Wars is all about strong females. Episode 8 was about smart strong females and dumb males.

I could be asking where are all the strong male characters for my son to look up to?

Episode 7&8

Rey - strongest female character ever
    Leia - strong female character
    Rose - strong female character
    Holdo - strong female character
    Maz - strong female character

• Some strong females they could add:

Steela Gerrera
    Duchess Satine
    Bo-Katan
    Seventh Sister
    Lyra Erso
    Satine Kryze
    Rae Sloan
    Cienna Ree
    Doctor Aphra
    Mon Mothma
    Sly Moore

Star wars doesnt seem to be able to portray females as anything but strong and independant. Now that Disney has taken over its doubled down on that.

The game doesnt need fanfic characters, there are lots of better cannon characters to pull from.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

The game doesnt need fanfic characters, there are lots of better cannon characters to pull from.

Mara is hardly a fanfic character. There are multiple stories and comics about her.

As for Phasma, OK she was strong, but she also got taken out really easily.
    Rose... I never saw her point. Had she died, it would have been different... She could have had a heroes death, instead they negated the danger of mortality. But that's my own opinion... Much like how they totally screwed up with Leia and her space survival skills.

Granted, there are plenty of Canon as well as legend that may be better, but my point is that Mara would be a character I'd want, for what that's worth
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

Mara is hardly a fanfic character. There are multiple stories and comics about her.

As for Phasma, OK she was strong, but she also got taken out really easily.
    Rose... I never saw her point. Had she died, it would have been different... She could have had a heroes death, instead they negated the danger of mortality. But that's my own opinion... Much like how they totally screwed up with Leia and her space survival skills.

Granted, there are plenty of Canon as well as legend that may be better, but my point is that Mara would be a character I'd want, for what that's worth

Unless a person is a die hard SW fan I doubt they would know who they are.
  • Why does it matter how easy someone is to kill? Star Wars is pretty much bad deaths:

Jango died pretty easily
    Emperor did too
    Maul as well
    Mace also
    Boba
    Vader
    Han Solo
    Jabba
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

The old EU is still glorified fanfic, though.
  • Is she any more/less possible than the KoTOR characters?

Or is KoTOR video game canon?

While her relationship with Luke is likely to never happen in canon, I imagine she could still exist as a servant of the Emperor which was her original role wasn't it? Basically an Inquisitor IIRC?

I’d love a KOTOR movie... as long as we keep Rian we’ll away from it.
    Why does it matter how easy someone is to kill? Star Wars is pretty much bad deaths:

Jango died pretty easily
    Emperor did too
    Maul as well
    Mace also
    Boba
    Vader
    Han Solo
    Jabba

Snoke
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Why does it matter how easy someone is to kill? Star Wars is pretty much bad deaths:

Jango died pretty easily
    Emperor did too
    Maul as well
    Mace also
    Boba
    Vader
    Han Solo
    Jabba

Snoke

Do you mean to tell me that a character who does literally nothing except sit in a chair in his pajamas and then die is unimpressive?!
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KoTOR doesn't contradict movie canon and is therefore allowed, while Jadey's existence here is contradicted by canon and can't exist.

Do we want CG to start writing fanfiction to justify the presence of characters 75% of us have barely heard of?

By your line if thinking then Thrawn should not have entered canon since he contradicts the story of how the empire fell.

Yet there he is, showing up a decade before he did in the old EU Novels in Rebels.

Nauros wrote: »
    The old EU is still glorified fanfic, though.

Not even close.

KoTOR is old EU & yet Revan is here in game.

Unless a person is a die hard SW fan I doubt they would know who they are.

I'm not sure you need to be die hard to read any # of 20 years of published novels.

If being known by the average SW movie watcher is a requirement then we have a whole screen of characters no one has ever heard of in Gal Rep Jedi & Clones. The average movie watcher has also not heard of IG86 or the entire Phoenix or Mandalor characters.

By your standard, no one who hasn't played KoTOR has ever heard of Bastila Shan but here she is in 2 forms in GoH.

Why is KoTOR any more or less relevant than 20 years of published novels?
  • KoTOR doesn't contradict movie canon and is therefore allowed, while Jadey's existence here is contradicted by canon and can't exist.

Do we want CG to start writing fanfiction to justify the presence of characters 75% of us have barely heard of?

By your line if thinking then Thrawn should not have entered canon since he contradicts the story of how the empire fell.

Yet there he is, showing up a decade before he did in the old EU Novels in Rebels.

By my line of thinking, Thrawn is canon because they have reworked his story and dedicated a large chunk of stories in Rebels to cultivating him.

There are now two versions of Thrawn. One is non-canon, the other is canon. The non-canon is now basically forgotten and overwritten by the canon version.

Do you see the difference with Kara Jade, a character who is not canon, whose stories have not have been reworked, and who has been given absolutely no attention by new canon?

There is only one version of Kara Jadey - the non-canon version.

We don't know "why" KoTOR is more relevant. Maybe because it is compatible with canon, which Bara Jade isn't. Maybe because KoTOR has one of the best stories ever written in Star Wars. Maybe for other reasons.

But we know that KoTOR is more relevant.
    I'm not including Ahsoka, Sabine, or Bastilla here as not everyone has seen them, as they aren't movie chars.

I'm sorry, Tiger, but... what?

If you don't want to look at Ahsoka, Sabine, Bastilla, and other important women of Star Wars because they aren't movie characters... why in the Galaxy did you make a thread about the now 99% forgotten non-canon character of Lara "Who is she" Jade?

Haven't you at this point defeated your own thread with this argument of yours?

I don't think so... I know of those characters (with the exception of Bastilla) from this game only, and then having researched them on my own know who they are now. Most people who play this game however, have probably seen at least the original trilogy. There are lots of chars here that I really have no idea who they are.
    (side note - I don't understand your pretending to miswrite her name.. Is it supposed to be funny?)
    My point in making this thread was to express my interest in having a character that I loved since I first read about her in this game...
    We have Jedi guardian that I don't remember seeing anywhere, but Mara who for quite awhile was part of SW is cast aside and forgotten?
    I just thought it would be nice to have an actually (in my opinion) interesting character to play with.

By my line of thinking, Thrawn is canon because they have reworked his story and dedicated a large chunk of stories in Rebels to cultivating him.

There are now two versions of Thrawn. One is non-canon, the other is canon. The non-canon is now basically forgotten and overwritten by the canon version.

Do you see the difference with Kara Jade, a character who is not canon, whose stories have not have been reworked, and who has been given absolutely no attention by new canon?

There is only one version of Kara Jadey - the non-canon version.

We don't know "why" KoTOR is more relevant. Maybe because it is compatible with canon, which Bara Jade isn't. Maybe because KoTOR has one of the best stories ever written in Star Wars. Maybe for other reasons.

But we know that KoTOR is more relevant.
    I'm not including Ahsoka, Sabine, or Bastilla here as not everyone has seen them, as they aren't movie chars.

I'm sorry, Tiger, but... what?

If you don't want to look at Ahsoka, Sabine, Bastilla, and other important women of Star Wars because they aren't movie characters... why in the Galaxy did you make a thread about the now 99% forgotten non-canon character of Lara "Who is she" Jade?

Haven't you at this point defeated your own thread with this argument of yours?

I don't think so... I know of those characters (with the exception of Bastilla) from this game only, and then having researched them on my own know who they are now. Most people who play this game however, have probably seen at least the original trilogy. There are lots of chars here that I really have no idea who they are.
    (side note - I don't understand your pretending to miswrite her name.. Is it supposed to be funny?)
    My point in making this thread was to express my interest in having a character that I loved since I first read about her in this game...
    We have Jedi guardian that I don't remember seeing anywhere, but Mara who for quite awhile was part of SW is cast aside and forgotten?
    I just thought it would be nice to have an actually (in my opinion) interesting character to play with.

I like new charterer suggestions and ideas. I do cringe a bit if they are introduced as "we need X" (not something this post did). It's fun to see what characters people like and occasionally learn about characters I'd never heard of.

Ignore the naysayers. If Mara Jade is an important part of your Star Wars experience you should let CG know. That's what the forums are for.

I'd like to see Hondo Ohnaka or Bren Derlin added.