Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    maxstark39 wrote: »
    w2lacwdoumyy.png

5 simple facts :
    - the P1 it's almost impossible to complete one single 4/4 with Meta teams r7 and god mods.
    - Even if all player could do that on p4 your guild will not could 36* until you have 600M GP in the guild.
    - You need 5 times more ships GP per player to do the maximum point.
    - DSGTB are recommended for 120M GP guild and LSGTB are recommended for 150M GP.
    - 15* DSGTB (Witch a 150M GP guild can easily do) rewards is equivalent of 12* LSGTB ( So a 150M GP can hardly do 8* )

Please CG, learn to do multiplication and addition before do new release ;)

Combat mission points don’t scale up according to the GP requirement

Nor does CG do their home work. So no point there
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Ohhh now I get it... Why this event is called Republic offensive...

It is meant to be offensive to the general public players

Good job there CG 😉 GOT UR HINT
  • The mechanic to get through foresight is very irritating.
  • A few people in my guild were excited for this TB. Luckily, we aren't all whales, and the smaller voices prevailed, saving our whales from oblivion ;)
  • CG, I just want to say thank you, seriously thanks. YOU have done something that has made me start to hate the game. Fix this TB, seriously fix it. It is BEYOND impossible.

Did you even test this pile of dung before doing it?
  • The only thing I can think of is that CG is trying to end the game while simultaneously squeezing every last penny out of the whales. They must want to move on from this game to develop something new but can’t justify it with people still playing. So they make “new” content as hard as possible to run the spending of the whales up and push out everyone else then they can sunset the game because no one is playing and pocket the money. Sounds ridiculous I know but hard content with no actual work put into the game what else can it be?
  • CALLING ALL DEVIL’S ADVOCATES

This thread is just sad without even one voice of dissent to tell everyone “you’re just whiners, this difficulty is intentional and appropriate”.

What happened to those guys? I need someone to tell me why I’m going to be fine.
  • maxstark39 wrote: »
    w2lacwdoumyy.png

5 simple facts :
    - the P1 it's almost impossible to complete one single 4/4 with Meta teams r7 and god mods.
    - Even if all player could do that on p4 your guild will not could 36* until you have 600M GP in the guild.
    - You need 5 times more ships GP per player to do the maximum point.
    - DSGTB are recommended for 120M GP guild and LSGTB are recommended for 150M GP.
    - 15* DSGTB (Witch a 150M GP guild can easily do) rewards is equivalent of 12* LSGTB ( So a 150M GP can hardly do 8* )

Please CG, learn to do multiplication and addition before do new release ;)

This. Thank you for the summary.

Challenge can be motivating. If something is clearly impossible, it will be the opposite.
  • The worst part about this is that now in every other territory battle we will be getting a fraction of the rewards we get for Separatist Might. My guild was getting around 16 stars there, and at this point I think we might get 4 stars in Republic Offensive. I don't see us getting a star in the fleet area in phase 2... none of us has even managed to beat the phase 1 fleet battle. We were just starting to get Negotiator unlocked, and now our progress towards that is going to be slowed to a crawl, and it'll be even longer before we can do the Republic Offensive fleet battles because of it.

This isn't content for the game now... this is content for the game in a few years. This territory battle should be comparable in difficulty to Separatist Might. If they really want content this hard, they should save it for First Order/Resistance crap down the road at some point.

I'm afraid this will be the end of my guild... EVERYONE is **** off and demoralized. We were looking forward to this, but now instead of making decent progress through Separatist Might twice a month, it looks like we'll be going back to Hoth every two weeks.
  • Has anyone from CG commented on this yet?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Has anyone from CG commented on this yet?

No
  • QoL tb. Don’t have to loose time with it. Really nice
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Why wasn’t it released with similar difficulty to its Dark Side equivalent? It is in line with Hoth, and it just makes sense that way.

Then, down the road release your end-game ball buster Territory Battle. We’ve seen Hoth from the Original Trilogy, Geonosis from the Prequels: how about a third, final, and most difficult territory battle that takes place sometime during the Sequels? There’s your cash cow. Put both the First Order and Resistance capital ships behind GET 3 and have everyone wait years to be able to reach it. It’s endgame.

But this? It’s so oddly timed. This isn’t endgame, in fact, most elders have been clawing for playable content since the start of this year only to have the other half of the only large release we’ve seen be on a totally different level. It’s largely unrealistic for many of the guilds that have become accustomed to DSGTB to be able to compete in this. You had to have known it would come as a shock and a disappointment for many. Why would you let it go down like that?

Then you go and add a small bit of GET2 to all star levels on Hoth like some sort of social welfare, almost like you knew everyone would say “forget the new TB”. Figure it out.
  • Played since the release, never missed a single day... Spent good money too... No need further comments because we were never listened to... It was really hard to deal with CG's **** lately...

I quit.
  • Good lord, still no reply. If they dont say something in the next 16 hrs im done with this crap. We KNOW what is going on here. The ole bait and switch to get us to boost teams. Then once moneu was spent to boost they jack up the difficulty and say heres some new packs with new stuff to boost even higher. If i woulda been told we need relic level 5000 to beat this and level 125 i would have kept investing in DS. Well played cg. Even if you reply withing my timeframe, if the answer is here is more progression you need to BUY, and i say buy because at this point f2p is not gonna be able to or want to farm for another 8months just to catch up. Well thatll be the final straw for me and alot of people. I too whale hard but at this point i have lost the will and reason to continue this conman scamming charade.
  • Lordih wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb enlighten us which characters are currently in the game are supposed to create according to the devs 4/4 waves? for all five missions. the information can be issued without problems it will indeed create even with this information no one.

@CG_SBCrumb no answer is also an answer thanks for the support. oh no thanks for nothing
  • Wow this is hard. Not sure we’ll be doing this one again.
  • Who is this event for? I’m no weak player, but I can’t get 2 rounds with my JKR team. 138,000 gp relic 7 team gets wiped out by “B” squad droids? This is a joke.
  • Smokelord wrote: »
    Good lord, still no reply. If they dont say something in the next 16 hrs im done with this crap.
    We know there is the Developer Q&A tomorrow. They should address it then if not beforehand. I am surprised we have not had one peep from them. Making they are too burned by all the flames coming out of their keyboards.

• I'm so, so glad that I pressed my guild to do Hoth TB this round. We were doing just OK on Geo TB.
  • HondoOhnaka
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I am also curious where are these haters (whales) who always were arguing with community that CG really cares about us... They are gone, because here is realy great example how devs don´t care about community at allllllllll...

@leef first time you have nothing to say hm? Even whales and krakens are screwed... Is that what community wanted all time?
  • Releasing the details of a bundle soon to be offered for sale instead of addressing this absurdity also called LSTB is the definition of tone deaf. Angry people don't spend!
  • Wow....are you really that stupid ?? The community is outraged by your pathetic/impossible new TB and you decide to ignore the player base that is the foundation to this game who are waiting for answers on this shambolic attempt of “new content” and instead shamelessly promote a new money grabbing pack........wow just wow, you absolute weapons the lot of ya, that is like trying to paper over a crack the size of the Grand Canyon. Bunch of melts.
  • To be fair, I'd like to thank the devs for making it a fast win/loss rather than just a tenacity/ prot regen fest that takes 15 minutes per battle.
  • Holy smokes! Sent my best arena R7 Padme team into the special mission - y’know - just to be sure...then...nope! To quote a Disney franchise that’s not effin’ up as much: “Let it go, the cold never bothered me anyway.”
  • Apologies if this has already been suggested but if everybody boycotted this next time round that would send a message right? Most aren’t going to attempt it for a long time anyway but if the bigger GP teams show solidarity here maybe CG will think harder in future...maybe.
  • CG staff meeting minutes.

C - Hey guys, it seems we are having a bit of an issue with the new TB. Players are angry.

A - Crap, we have to distract them somehow.

B - OoOoO I have an idea!! Why don't we make a new bundle.

A - What kind of bundle?? Do tell!!

B -So check this, we make a bundle to circumvent the whole grinding thing, let's just give hero shards away for a small fee, instead of them grinding. All the old players will love the fact that all their hard work at the early stages of farming were all for nothing!

A - excellent work. Get stated on it right away.

B - Yes sir.

C - What about the player base?

A & B - Quiet you!! This is an A/B conversation C your way out of it!
  • When I raised concerns about the minimum (that's minimum) requirements for some of the missions and the reports of insane difficulty levels I got told by a few whales not to worry, that this is end game content for the whales and for 6 months down the line. Well, whales are struggling in phase 1 of the 1st round of missions, I wonder if they still have that same attitude.

Look, we all want this game to be fun, that's why we play it. We don't play it with the intention of finding negative things about it so we can jump on the forums and have a go at the developers. Unfortunately it feels like that's happened naturally with the recent direction of the game. We all know this has been designed so that when you release the next level cap/gear level/relic levels/abilities that you hope people will rush out and panic buy any pack you release so that they can be slightly more competitive (and still probably not be able to clear full waves with maxed out toons).

Releasing new content for what's supposed to be end game content 6 months down the line makes no sense to me. You're just going to alienate your player base even more if you come out and say 'you're not supposed to be able to complete new content straight away'. Then why release it now? All a lot of players are doing is getting wiped in phase 1 of a battle and then deploying our rosters. For the latest content that really is rubbish, it's not engaging and just tires people out on the game, surely you guys must realise this?

The answer to me would be to revisit the Hoth TB and make the difficulty and rewards relevant again. I got excited when you mentioned that the Hoth TB would now reward GET 2 tickets, but when you announced just how many tickets it would be, my guild will already receive more GET 2 tickets having got 1* from deploying our fleets. Destiny had the same problem with their raids, once a new raid was released the old raid was forgotten about and there was literally no point in doing them. Variety is the spice of life, when you take away variety or don't create that variety in the first place then a game gets stale. And before you or someone else says it, yeah we could choose to do the Hoth TB, but risk falling behind other guilds?

We've been starved of new content for so long, the Sith Raid was released over a year and a half ago. I'm afraid with both Geo TBs you have missed the mark. The most exciting things for me has been the Acklay mission which you locked behind Geonesian requirements so a lot of people won't even see it, and I'm also looking forward to the Reek mission, but again that's locked behind insane gear requirements needing the newest toon at relic 3(5?) before we can even attempt it.

• What's old is new again...

4a1gpk0yndca.jpg