Best combo

Mr_Eel
124 posts Member
Best PvP combo I have seen: Phasma lead, IG86, QGJ, Geo, Poe. On my server it is the only combo I ever really lose to. If Phasma calls even one assist in the first round, I lose 100% of the time. If Phasma doesn't proc, I win 100% of the time. This isn't a fun way to balance a game. I'm interested to know if anyone has come up against anything deadlier lately. It seems to me like assist is the number one most broken game mechanic right now. It happens far too often for the armor and HP totals.

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    "Best PVP combo" is probably only that to you because you lost to them. If I faced this team, my Yoda, and QGJ would go before any of those making it 5 vs. 4 after the first turn. Then my GS would go before their Poe if my GS is still alive after the initial burst. If you don't have the power to kill either 86, qgj or geo before poe can taunt, I would imagine it would be a tough team to face but certainly not the best pvp combo in today's meta.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Why is this team so hard, Dooku stuns Q, GS/Rey/Leia one shot IG. That leaves 3 toons to kill Poe before Dooku stuns Q again giving you time to kill GS, then focus on Q.

Q is so easy to take out of the battle, he is useless against Dooku. Poe is a tank that's easy to kill and IG is glass. Just because they all call assist does not make them have good synergy. IG is a ton better on droid teams and Q is the most overrated character in the game.
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    I run QGJ lead, Yoda, Lumi, Sid, Poe. I yoda his QGJ, use my QGJ assist to finish his off. Then Sid does his aoe. Then his Geo goes. Geo assist usually kills either My QGJ or severely injures someone else. Then our Poes are a coin toss. If his goes first, I usually lose because his Phasma goes immediately after, followed by IG86 assist. I'm left with 3 toons at this point entering a second round against 4 who have a turn meter edge.

Perhaps if I had Rey or my own Geo, it would be easier. As is, there's nothing easy about it.
  • Why is this team so hard, Dooku stuns Q, GS/Rey/Leia one shot IG. That leaves 3 toons to kill Poe before Dooku stuns Q again giving you time to kill GS, then focus on Q.

Q is so easy to take out of the battle, he is useless against Dooku. Poe is a tank that's easy to kill and IG is glass. Just because they all call assist does not make them have good synergy. IG is a ton better on droid teams and Q is the most overrated character in the game.

How would you attack against a QGJ (l) with dooku, Yoda and maybe also anakin. Yoda will do the tenacity buff so a dooku stun will not land on QGJ. Then between dooku, qgj and anakin they will kill probably 2 of your toons.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I run QGJ lead, Yoda, Lumi, Sid, Poe. I yoda his QGJ, use my QGJ assist to finish his off. Then Sid does his aoe. Then his Geo goes. Geo assist usually kills either My QGJ or severely injures someone else. Then our Poes are a coin toss. If his goes first, I usually lose because his Phasma goes immediately after, followed by IG86 assist. I'm left with 3 toons at this point entering a second round against 4 who have a turn meter edge.

Perhaps if I had Rey or my own Geo, it would be easier. As is, there's nothing easy about it.

In my opinion, your team would be better off replacing Poe and putting in GS or Rey for the extra Offense to get more damage done before his Poe taunts. Or replacing Lumi with with one of those (although I really like heals on Offense too)

• Mr_Eel wrote: »

You hit the nail on the head. If you had a GS instead of your Sid, you would win most likely.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Why is this team so hard, Dooku stuns Q, GS/Rey/Leia one shot IG. That leaves 3 toons to kill Poe before Dooku stuns Q again giving you time to kill GS, then focus on Q.

How would you attack against a QGJ (l) with dooku, Yoda and maybe also anakin. Yoda will do the tenacity buff so a dooku stun will not land on QGJ. Then between dooku, qgj and anakin they will kill probably 2 of your toons.

On defense, Yoda will use his 2nd special first most of the time. Yoda most likely won't buff tenacity until after Dooku goes.

Yoda nor Anakin was on the team he showed or asked about. Yoda does not prevent debuffs, he just reduces the chances of them landing. I run Yoda and trust me debuffs still land with his tenacity buff on. The team he asked about had no synergy (only shared a common skill), Jedi team with Q as lead has better synergy but can still be beaten and rather easily.

Yoda nor Anakin was on the team he showed or asked about. Yoda does not prevent debuffs, he just reduces the chances of them landing. I run Yoda and trust me debuffs still land with his tenacity buff on. The team he asked about had no synergy (only shared a common skill), Jedi team with Q as lead has better synergy but can still be beaten and rather easily.

They're not supposed to land after Battle Meditation. It adds like 99999 tenacity, according to the devs.