Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• xldqch54crcx.jpg

This won't help reduce the "CG Shill" accusations I receive...

I got a 3/4 in middle, the GR 21k power mission.

Used Padme (r3), GK (r7), JKA (r7), GMY (r5) and C3PO (g12+3).

C3PO was gone in seconds. I'm not sure he even took a turn. Maybe one turn. GMY made it to wave 2 but died very quickly there.

The other 3 completed wave 2, wave 3 and very very nearly completed wave 4. I think I could have done it with a different strategy / kill order at the end

That was with 6/6 in middle, bottom phase 1 platoons and 5/6 in middle phase 2 (hadn't spotted that it wasn't at 6/6).

The only downside? GK is technically required in another mission in that zone (bottom special, but we didn't unlock it). So the only squad I've had any remote success with is one that can't really be used long term
  • Seriously CG still no comment on LS TB...

Just wow.

They are waiting until the anger dies down lol.
  • F U
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ok how is this not broken

0yzkq6nacyag.jpg

We didnt star phase 1 middle... yet phase 2 middle opened.

We did star phase 1 bottom, yet phase 2 bottom is locked?

Not only is it too hard, it doesnt progress correctly

It’s unplayable. But it’s looking like P1 ships is what’s unlocking p2m. I haven’t found one guild that didn’t get a star in ships that had p2m unlock

It’s prob because this is first TB with three territories in p1. And because the content is unplayable with regular accounts the devs had to either use non standard accounts (ie lvl100 r14 or something) or cheat/debug codes on to play test. Doing so they probably always 3/3 each territory and never came across this scenario.

Sloppy to say the least.

(In game - Veran - Officer of ALLIΔNCE Nu)
  • I'll just leave it hereh2y6w4kb4bmh.jpg
  • ApaxHuq wrote: »
    I'll just leave it hereh2y6w4kb4bmh.jpg

Pretty sure he's talking about all the test account users.
  • Cipkart
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    ApaxHuq wrote: »

That's a kind of statement... I mean. In some way it's pretty courageous. :D
    I have a bad feeling about this
  • Cipkart wrote: »

There is a fine line between courage and stupidity.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Everyone saying TB is reskinned content but if they reskinned the code from other TBs this wouldn’t have happened!
  • Liquid_Dj wrote: »
    Cipkart wrote: »

There is a fine line between courage and stupidity.

Yes. I have a bad feeling about this...
    I have a bad feeling about this
  • I rarely comment, but this is really a new low. Get your heads out of your **** for once and listen to the community. This TB is overtuned and broken.
    Yes, I got 4/4 in one combat mission, but I used the Padme Special Mission team to do it. A few others did the same thing. That's 1 out 4 combat missions. The other were 2/4, 0/4 and 0/4. This in Phase 1 where it supposed to be the easiest combats.

In P2, so far 1/16 people in my guild completed the ship CM. And noone has completed the Special Mission.

I understand that this is far end game content that's supposed to be difficult, but it is ridiculous. P1 missions should be completed with r7 units, but others should be able to get 1 or 2 waves done. P2 should can give your r7 units 3 waves. Then crank it up for P3 and P4.
    This gives us a goal and rewards the $$ spending you seem to be after so badly.

The second point is that the brokenness needs to be addressed. This has been your issue for the last few *years*. If you don't have a QA department, run open betas. The kinds of bugs that are getting through your testing are so egregious, that I really don't believe you when you say you tested this. And your excuse that the game is complex is stale.

You need to cancel this TB, give people the same rewards and move on to fixing this big steaming pile of garbage
  • c3iu0qpitcsh.jpg
    Cierrenlo de una vez por favor!!
  • BrakeMeOff wrote: »
    Honestly if working on this game was my job, I would be absolutely humiliated to have anything to do with it.

Great shame.

This "Working on SW:GOH" would be something to leave OFF future resumes. Just saying.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Phase 2 platoons are also not working properly. We can’t assign toons even if we open the territory p7aj0ed2bebs.png
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    BrakeMeOff wrote: »
    Honestly if working on this game was my job, I would be absolutely humiliated to have anything to do with it.

Great shame.

This "Working on SW:GOH" would be something to leave OFF future resumes. Just saying.

Lmao
  • Kon_Her wrote: »
    Phase 2 platoons are also not working properly. We can’t assign toons even if we open the territory p7aj0ed2bebs.png

"Tested"
  • The sad thing is, the introduce "new content" that is so unplayable that most guilds will go back to Hoth 😂😂😂
  • The sad thing is, the introduce "new content" that is so unplayable that most guilds will go back to Hoth 😂😂😂

Our guild included
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    567arc4nh4bh.gif
  • Cs99 wrote: »
    567arc4nh4bh.gif

Accurate
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Cs99 wrote: »
    567arc4nh4bh.gif

Accurate

Needs more flames.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Cs99 wrote: »
    567arc4nh4bh.gif

Accurate

Again.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lest we forget, you reap what you sow
  • Buzzsaw
    89 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    1) why isn’t there is separate sub-folder for the Republic Offensive in the Guild Events Main folder on the forums?

2) was this event actually tested with realistic, current, in-game-equivalent rosters?

3) if it was tested, how are your feelings about when someone takes something you’ve worked hard on for years (investment of time and money), and all that is made obsolete overnight? Follow-up question: Do you think that’s a good feeling to give to your customers?

4) if it was tested with realistic, current in-game-equivalent rosters, why would there be any glaring issues such as what we are experiencing with the day 1 to day 2 progression? I can’t imagine a way this wouldn’t have happened in testing since so few guilds are even capable of getting stars in the middle and bottom.

This is a high-budget, high-profile app game. The repeated egregious errors are becoming a headache. It can’t be fun for you. It certainly isn’t fun for a paying customer.

Bonus question: what new advances to combat cheating counter-measures have been added? Don’t need specifics. Just curious if anything has been done this quarter. Bonus follow-up question: how many accounts have been caught cheating solely by CG (without it being pointed out by a player) this year so far?

Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Buzzsaw on
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Cs99 wrote: »
    567arc4nh4bh.gif

Accurate

Again.

QFT
  • PS- Dev Q&A might need to be rescheduled.
    • CG release this over the weekend, they were not at work when this went live. We have seen this before *Cough* Malak gate *cough*
    • It's filled with bug
    • There is a "slight" issue with the difficulty level
    • No word from CG after 3 days.

What we are looking for here folk is the word arrogance. Or if you want to be more dramatic Hybris: how did that story end btw ;) ?
    I can live with the difficulty level if we got other new content as well (no CG, packs is not content! Bad CG! Bad CG!) or we were given a good reason (we weren't).
    I keep thinking of the hot mess and outcry that was the Battlefront II launch... o:)
    So CG, is your mic on?
    Shame. Shame... Shame.
  • The biggest issue here is that LS Geonosis simply isn't fun for anyone. But the current reward structure punishes those guilds who aren't at "the tip of the spear" if they elect not to play it. Those mid-to-upper tier GP players will fall even further behind in roster progression if they max Hoth as opposed to settling for a few stars on Geonosis from (primarily) deployment points.

High-GP players who stick with guilds having a lesser average GP suffer even more, negatively impacting morale and community cohesiveness, which runs counter to the philosophies CG has just recently used as rationale for the next round of Quality of Life updates. Of course, this is unfortunately nothing new. CG has not acted to curb this with the release of any past content.

Simple solution that they won't go for: increase the GET2 rewards for Hoth to give guilds some balance in progression if they choose to go back there until they can actually complete a combat mission or two on Geonosis.

Something to the effect of scaling Hoth rewards such that 45 stars is roughly equivalent to 15 stars in Geonosis seems fair at first glance.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Everyone saying TB is reskinned content but if they reskinned the code from other TBs this wouldn’t have happened!

Idk, this seems like exactly the kind of problem a developer would run into by reusing code...