GR ships without Negotiator

Yay, ships: everyone's fave topic.

My fleet is a bit of a mishmash: HT, TS, TA, Ahsoka, phantom.
I have all the first 4 capital ships; currently running chimera.
I'm building GR squads at the moment; and have ahsoka and clone Sgt ships maxed. I'm getting umbaran and Plo from fleet store.

My question is about the best capitol ship to run them under. Is it worth building mace as a babysitter pre Kenobi (a long way off) or should I forget about the GR synergy and run AA or Thrawn/Tarkin? All commanders are at least g10.

Replies

• Forgot to add my rebel pilots are mostly meh, and my gear priorities are elsewhere.
    I don't have IG2K or XB finished for hmf
  • Thrawn’s ship is great and he is also very useful in other aspects of the game, the same cannot be said for AA and Mace. So that may be worth considering.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Mace is horrible

However u kinda need him for GAS unless u have enough GET2 for Neogtiator 7*

Also u need Anakins ETA or the team just won't be good
  • My jka is R4 but I'm a bit behind with the ship farm.
    Guess I'll hoard fleet mats in anticipation of negotiator / malevolence or some new (FO?) ship on horizon rather than gear up endurance for GR synergy.
    Zzthrawn at g12, AA at G11. Mace is less, waiting on a rework
  • Thrawn with HT, TS, and TA is a pretty solid starting lineup. Probably not top 10, but if you’re in a newer shard it’s a good gap team while you build up GR or seps.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • I get to low 20s in my shard if I try. Average 30s.
    Most my shard is HT, hmf, and rebels. There's only 1 or 2 5* negotiators. My guild has about half the gp for geo tb; and GS is a long way off.
    Mostly looking for a defensive fleet for ga
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Mace is horrible

Mace is not horrible. I got rank 2 today using Mace (it was my shardmate's turn for Rank 1). I've been using Mace lead for ages. You just need to know what you are doing.

But yes, you need Anakin's ETA.

(edit: I don't want to imply that I get rank 1 often - I usually only go for top 10, and not bother with the additional battles to get rank 1-5. But I *could*)
  • I have a maxed Mace ship, it is superbad.
  • Caiaphas wrote: »
    Mace is horrible

Mace is not horrible. I got rank 2 today using Mace (it was my shardmate's turn for Rank 1). I've been using Mace lead for ages. You just need to know what you are doing.

(edit: I don't want to imply that I get rank 1 often - I usually only go for top 10, and not bother with the additional battles to get rank 1-5. But I *could*)

Well you're using a flying rust bucket to fight HMF
  • It works. :shrug: Can beat (some) Negotiators too.
  • I get to low 20s in my shard if I try. Average 30s.
    Most my shard is HT, hmf, and rebels. There's only 1 or 2 5* negotiators. My guild has about half the gp for geo tb; and GS is a long way off.
    Mostly looking for a defensive fleet for ga

Even before I got some relics on my GR ships (anakin and snips), my Mace led GR fleet got the occasional hold on TW def, so it might not be the worst def option for ga.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Mace is great, but to shine you need the exact same ships as the negotiator
  • X3ina wrote: »
    Mace is great, but to shine you need the exact same ships as the negotiator

I use Hound's tooth, Xanadu, and JKA to start. (Xanadu for the backup Breach). Reinforcements are Phantom II, Ahsoka, Vader, and Plo. It's not at all the same as a Negotiator fleet. But I use it mainly to beat Ackbar fleets, where you need the backup Breach from Xanadu, Phantom to keep up with reinforcements, and Vader as a late call-in because he can't be evaded by Han's ****.
  • Before Malevolence i used Mace (with g13 GR Ships) and it was easily an Option to Beat Negotiator fleets at high end Arena. So yes you can Gear your GR Pilots (padme teams, Shaak/Gas teams, TB "Content" etc) and can use them will without Negotiator.
  • Caiaphas wrote: »
    Mace is horrible

You do well, and that's fine, but you would do better with practically any other setup. If Endurance was good you would see more people use it, because follow-the-leader is the default mindset to the game. If someone finds something that works, people copy it. No one is rushing to copy you.

Endurance is bad. It was okay back when fleets were 5-on-5 to start, but now that it's 3-on-3 to start you don't have enough Valor to spread around to make that monstrously-long ultimate fire off, nor to compensate for Endurance's atrocious speed. There are so many ways to dispel Valor that you won't have three instances of it out. Those dispels will also remove Endurance's taunt. You're lacking in sources of target lock, so you can't spam AoE the way you used to.

The problem with Endurance is that it was designed for 5-ships, and never got the redesign that it needed to compensate for only having three ships now. It needs cooldown reductions across the board and a way to make Valor undispelable. It needs a little more speed base, and a better basic.

I'm not taking away your accomplishments, you did what you did and that's great. But you said you got #2 today because it was your shardmate's turn at #1. This means it doesn't really matter what fleet you fly, you're taken care of because you're part of a shard chat cartel. Any halfway decent fleet can beat you on offense, and as you said earlier on--SOMETIMES you beat Negotiator. Just wait until more people on your leaderboard have Negotiator and you'll find your rank untenable with or without the cartel's collusion.

I want Endurance to be good--thus the signature, so that every post I make ends with saying Endurance should be reworked. But it's not good. It was once okay. It is now not.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.