Developer Q&A - 12/04

Replies

• Would you please give us a QOL update where officers get more statistics with which to run their guild. Such as character GP vs. Ships GP.

In TBs maybe some extra statistics such as: Character GP deployed per phase, Ships GP deployed per phase, fleet combat missions attempted, character combat missions attempted, etc.

Seriously going in and adding and subtracting everything by hand to see what we have left is extremely tedious.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Question: Template?

Answer: Format.
  • Hi
    While I know you guys are busy with different pieces of content, do you guys have any idea when any information about Huxs or Sith trooper kits be released.
    Thanks for answering my question in advanced
  • Beeblebrox
    424 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: Technical Issues

Q: It's been going on for over a year now, when will you fix the bug where the game freezes and buttons disappear? I almost lost a perfect record in GAC this time around due to a game crippling bug that you can't fix.
    • A: Tophat - Our recently released "battle restart" tech covers about 90% of instances which is a great improvement, but still 10% to fix! We are about to start looking for the next source of the disappearing button issues.

This answer simply shows that you haven't actually fixed the CAUSE of the issue, you've just put an after-it-happens bandaid in place! If you don't identify and fix the root CAUSE of the issue then you will continue to have it occurring in more and more content and situations as that same cause gets programmed into other characters, kits, content, etc. - Do you not understand the meaning of "to fix" something?
    It's like saying you've put a body shop in someone's house to "fix" the issue where their car keeps on ending up with dents and scratches and broken windows ...instead of actually fixing the CAUSE of those broken/damaged bits which is the drunk driver, or whatever!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Jamerson wrote: »
    This is the worst format of a q&a. Get you stuff together. Making us refresh the page to see updated posts is horrible. Just do a live stream and answer things on the fly.

That being said. Quit cherry picking comments and answer big the elephant in the room
    Eh... not a fan of live streaming Q&A

Most of the comments would be spam or just insults rather than actual questions and it’s easier to dig up or share developer responses in the future without sitting through a lengthy video
  • For the LSTB do you consider it fun that most players 0/4 1/4 in missions and then just deploy? Is deploying supposed to be fun? By the time time players tune up their rosters to be able to handle this content it in, 1-2 years it will be extremely outdated. Please help me understand the logic around the difficulty of this content? Thank you.
  • Yo, Art Guy, we've received the 4th Anniversary portrait and the FO portraits from the GAC, but why no Jawa portrait? Crumb said the time isn't right for it last Q&A, but I think it is.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • This is an absolute joke or a q&a. More of the same. Dodging the elephant in the room. I shouldnt have to ask for compassion towards your playerbase.

Please answer Ultras question.
  • Motoko
    92 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    IG88 Bounty Hunter Quest - When will you fix the quest to count DSTB battles? This is clearly a bug and should be a fairly easy bug to fix. I am pretty OCD on completing titles and portraits and it is really irritating that this one has been sitting here for months. I do not think a response has been given in a previous Q&A for this.

Specifically:
    Bounty hunter 3/7
    1. Get IG-88 to Gear XII
    2. Fulfill IG-88's Contract 500 Times
    3. Win 12 battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles
  • It seems like you and the community become more and more apart. Has the thought ever occurred to you: maybe they are right and we are wrong?
    Seriously.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I never comment on these because of the overwhelming notifications I'll get, but I want to make sure @CG_TopHat and @CB_SBCrumb are aware, that no, this does not allay player concerns.
    A: CG_Tophat - There's a discussion in the community that with this Territory Battle is setting up for a future progression system element that is imminently planned (the theory is typically this seems to be in the next two or three months). Geonosis Light Side is intended to be a long term piece of content that will take some time to master. The difficulty is intentional. We've tried to account for player theory crafters who generally do a great job of finding very powerful strategies in these pieces of content. We do not at this time have an expansion of relics, level cap increase, etc planned in the next three months. We will be actively monitoring player participation (and related behaviors) in the Geonosis Light Side territory battle. If there is a problem (your example is mass exodus) we will intervene and make changes. Hope this helps allay any concerns.

What you have created is something that is not only not fun, but that most of the player base actively does not want to engage in, but are forced to do so for the rewards. Further, based on the current progressions available, it cannot be completed until you have added 80 more ships. This is not "long term," as even if you added 2 ships per month starting now (which we all know won't happen) we will not be able to hit 36* until 2023.

We have multiple guilds above 220M GP in our alliance, and all of them are considering going back to Hoth indefinitely, because while that is also not fun, at least we can complete portions of it. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I wish you would consider bringing some fun back in to your future content.
  • ECONOMY: The Geo TB scaled massively in difficulty between DS and LS, and I can see the long-term logic behind it. But the guilds got hit with a huge penalty in rewards because we can't even get half the stars we otherwise could from DS TB. Shouldn't the rewards be scaled appropriately to address such a huge shift in difficulty?
  • Can we get a button that sets default unique mods to your entire roster at once, instead of having to go back through and reassign each mod loadout individually? Its one of the more time consuming aspects of the game that isnt actually playing. Especially with such difficult content that requires sometimes switching 36 mods just for a single mission.
  • Prepare for another mass exodus of players rage-quitting over this TB. If there were immediate plans to increase player/gear/mod level caps, the difficulty could be understood. From what I understand guilds will need 600 Million GP to get a full clear. That's an average of 12 Million GP per player. I do not understand how that is remotely possible for any guild to attain under the current level caps.

Poor planning promotes poor performance. I guess the bright side is things can't get much worse. I'm losing faith and fun in this game :'(
  • Will we ever get more planets and locations to fight on or above?
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Can you increase the conversion rate of character/ship shards to shard shop currency to help with gear crunch?

Can more than the top 10 get rewards for heroic sith at some point?

When are new challenge tiers coming?
    Post edited by Calo_Nord on
  • MADMAN3199 wrote: »
    Why are you releasing content we can’t enjoy due to difficulty or don’t care about(sequel trilogy toons) one way you can make more people happy is to do more kotor or clone wars ships and toons like a sith capital with malak or nihilus as crew or more clones for shaak ti instead of some first order toons(was there a ship?) that I and many other people will never use due to our hatred or disliking of those horrible movies so for us that’s not new content so where’s the new content for us?

Eh there is a lot of people who are looking forward to the new FO content, it just appears that you don't
  • I've asked on the last 2 Q&As, not sure if it'll be addressed but are we safe to use championship tokens (currency) or will there be a super powerful (exclusive character) released there that we'll regret if we don't hoard for (ie GAS & DM -- making GE store useless)
  • "Adding an additional "requirement" probably tips us over on the "required" amount of time playing."

What are you talking about? There is nothing to do in this **** game? Are you guys smoking crack?
  • I'll ask my question I asked through survey monkey again and another one:

1. With the Legendary Journey thing that allows people to complete them at any time, will those who have completed them be able to go back and redo them for fun? I'd really like to enjoy all the hard work that was done in creating Rey and Luke's Hero Journey and the Journeys for the Revans. Also we would previously be able to do mythic versions of some legendary battles and get rewards, will we have access to those all the time now?
    2. Will we ever see non cannon characters in game? Characters from the force unleashed? Or Kyle Katarn? Or Mira Skywalker? For that matter will we get Jedi Luke before we get the final version of Rey?!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Jamerson wrote: »
    This is the worst format of a q&a. Get you stuff together. Making us refresh the page to see updated posts is horrible. Just do a live stream and answer things on the fly.

That being said. Quit cherry picking comments and answer big the elephant in the room
    Eh... not a fan of live streaming Q&A

Most of the comments would be spam or just insults rather than actual questions and it’s easier to dig up or share developer responses in the future without sitting through a lengthy video

True. There has to be a better format tho. This is as painful as a preloaded TM b1 100k non crit with going before my entire team.
  • Topic: Content

When can we expect the release of Sith Trooper/ General Hux? And will they be getting their own ships?
  • Do you consider a system where the donations can be rewarded after a certain volume? This would motivate the guild members to donate more.
  • Q: Did you ever fix the Fives bug? Or does he still need to be in the 5th spot?
    A: CG_Tophat - Still needs to be in the fifth spot. It's something that needs a client release to fix and it's a lower priority item compared to some other things we have ahead of it.

Low priority. WTY are you people doing...this is a joke 90 people working on this game? HA LIES
  • Assassin9818
    349 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Are we going to get our own Commando Droid, General Kalani and more Seppies at some point?
  • Why does this sometimes happen?
    1. I click on mod in inbox. Mod inventory is full message
    2. I sell a mod. I click on mod in inbox. Mod inventory is full message.
    3. I click on next message with a mod, and I can save it to my inventory
  • Jawa rework when?
This discussion has been closed.