Developer Q&A - 12/04

Replies

• DO YOU GUYS PLAY THIS GAME? not a trick question... because there is hardly any thing to play in this game right now... ****

• Col_Janson
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The question regarding picking from both LS and DS Hoth was incorrectly answered.

What the question was asking was that there are 2 times a month that TBs are running. Maintaining the timing of rotating DS Geo and LS Geo, BUT making it that the guild has a choice to run either LS or DS Hoth in those 2 slots. Not adding another TB in to the rotation nor increasing it to being in 2 TBs concurrently, but allowing the guild to decide during that slot if they want run DS Geo, LS Hoth, or DS Hoth during 1 slot, OR in the other slot choosing between LS Geo, LS Hoth, or DS Hoth.

Can you please reanswer the question with that understanding in mind now?
  • I like the idea that there is some theory crafting around the new LSTB that could help with difficulty, in this vein. Has there been any discussion around larger mod snapshots ? eg you can lock your entire rosters mods on TW mode, or HSTR mode, or LSTB mode, ARENA mode etc ? and switch between them ?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I’ve been debating whether I should ask questions regarding LS TB but I’m sure others will

Just going to drop my 2 cents on the justification given

I know that part of the reason for difficult content is players churn up content faster than y'all can make, but the solution to make content that can't be cleared until whenever you decide in the far off future isn’t a good one.

Players waited half a year for this territory battle, there were months of hardly any updates. A lot of delays and anticipation only to be told we can’t compete or play. I would recommend going back to the drawing board and developing new solutions instead of deflecting the blame on players

DS TB did it right, now requiring 2~3 timed the GP to complete isn’t a viable end game goal

I cannot get excited for the next raid knowing that it’s not meant to be tried or challenged for another year or two and hope the raid is tuned to be completed by a guild with maxed out character progression at the time of raid’s launch
    Please answer this.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I never comment on these because of the overwhelming notifications I'll get, but I want to make sure @CG_TopHat and @CB_SBCrumb are aware, that no, this does not allay player concerns.
    A: CG_Tophat - There's a discussion in the community that with this Territory Battle is setting up for a future progression system element that is imminently planned (the theory is typically this seems to be in the next two or three months). Geonosis Light Side is intended to be a long term piece of content that will take some time to master. The difficulty is intentional. We've tried to account for player theory crafters who generally do a great job of finding very powerful strategies in these pieces of content. We do not at this time have an expansion of relics, level cap increase, etc planned in the next three months. We will be actively monitoring player participation (and related behaviors) in the Geonosis Light Side territory battle. If there is a problem (your example is mass exodus) we will intervene and make changes. Hope this helps allay any concerns.

What you have created is something that is not only not fun, but that most of the player base actively does not want to engage in, but are forced to do so for the rewards. Further, based on the current progressions available, it cannot be completed until you have added 80 more ships. This is not "long term," as even if you added 2 ships per month starting now (which we all know won't happen) we will not be able to hit 36* until 2023.

We have multiple guilds above 220M GP in our alliance, and all of them are considering going back to Hoth indefinitely, because while that is also not fun, at least we can complete portions of it. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I wish you would consider bringing some fun back in to your future content.

This, exactly. I came here just to comment on this one response.

I’m done mincing words and ready for the ban hammer... @CG_TopHat you can GFYS.

We don’t want content we can’t play. There’s no amount of theory crafting that’s going to prevent a full relic squad from getting wiped on opening moves.
  • “ Geonosis Light Side is intended to be a long term piece of content that will take some time to master. The difficulty is intentional.“ -

The problem with this is that you’ve made it difficult to participate, not master. You build up hype of new content and rewards, only to deliver a “donation“ event with 35 hours of nothing to do each phase. All while distracting from LS Hoth and the gear needed to slowly build up. RL4/5 squads should be able to survive 4 waves in a phase 1 mission. What was the point of building up a decent squad only to get told you need a perfect one to even compete in the first phase. This will only drive more people away.
  • Can you add a leave button in GA similar to TW?
  • For GAC/TW join windows, could you maybe color code (or something similar for the visually impaired) the icon on the home screen to display differently if you have or haven't joined? It could help prevent some of the accidental no-joins fairly easily I'd think.
  • Why is the new boss so awful at his job? Can he go back to milking money out of FUT?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    I actually don’t want them to answer the long paragraph people

The other list of questions are more important

The slap in the face portrait request is very important to me than the LS TB
  • DankPlagueisTheWoke
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Weve been getting a lot more functional ship teams lately and I'm greatly enjoying it. However, it's becoming a nuisance having to sort through all of my ships and manually create teams every time for ship battles. Are there any plans for saving preset ship teams, like there is for squads?
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    Under Malevolence lead, Vulture Droid will not call a ship to replace itself if there are 4 other ships on the board when it dies. This leaves an empty space where another Vulture droid could/should appear. That behavior seems like a bug, because Vulture Droid should call always call a replacement whenever there is an open space on the board. That is the point of its special ability. Is that working as intended or a bug?
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    What are your thoughts on the current state of gearing? Will the 'gear crunch' from g7 to 12 (stun guns, etc) ever be substantially lessened?
    I never comment on these because of the overwhelming notifications I'll get, but I want to make sure @CG_TopHat and @CB_SBCrumb are aware, that no, this does not allay player concerns.
    A: CG_Tophat - There's a discussion in the community that with this Territory Battle is setting up for a future progression system element that is imminently planned (the theory is typically this seems to be in the next two or three months). Geonosis Light Side is intended to be a long term piece of content that will take some time to master. The difficulty is intentional. We've tried to account for player theory crafters who generally do a great job of finding very powerful strategies in these pieces of content. We do not at this time have an expansion of relics, level cap increase, etc planned in the next three months. We will be actively monitoring player participation (and related behaviors) in the Geonosis Light Side territory battle. If there is a problem (your example is mass exodus) we will intervene and make changes. Hope this helps allay any concerns.

What you have created is something that is not only not fun, but that most of the player base actively does not want to engage in, but are forced to do so for the rewards. Further, based on the current progressions available, it cannot be completed until you have added 80 more ships. This is not "long term," as even if you added 2 ships per month starting now (which we all know won't happen) we will not be able to hit 36* until 2023.

We have multiple guilds above 220M GP in our alliance, and all of them are considering going back to Hoth indefinitely, because while that is also not fun, at least we can complete portions of it. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I wish you would consider bringing some fun back in to your future content.

This, exactly. I came here just to comment on this one response.

I’m done mincing words and ready for the ban hammer... @CG_TopHat you can GFYS.

We don’t want content we can’t play. There’s no amount of theory crafting that’s going to prevent a full relic squad from getting wiped on opening moves.

Touche my friend. Well said.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Q: With relics you have also introduced Archetypes. Do you plan to use these Archetypes in the futur or were they just template for relic stat boost?
    A: CG_Miller - Mastery (the stat that is directly tied to Archetypes) is a stat we are looking at adding to places outside the Relic system.

Can you give us an idea or example what is meant by this?
  • Undamahbed
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    With the reddit post yesterday giving a picture that showed to get max stars, you will need to be 12 MILLION GP per person and pretty much max CMs. Do we have a plan for the near future to come even remotely close to that number per person or are we expected to just slog it out 10k by 10k for the next few years?
  • 26wubdasdo7i.jpg

Any comments on this graphic? I find it hard to believe that anyone at CG has honestly played the first phase if LS GEO TB and enjoyed it.

^This
  • Why on earth would you design such a ridiculous game mode compared to what the maximum possible powered player currently stands?

The highest GP with some of the best mods in the game can't compete on this and you guys are acting like that's okay. It's absurd. Do you really want to create a "ghost" game mode?
  • Qol.

Can we change how we sort characters ex
    Leader> jedi
    Crew member> seperatist
    Would go a long way in squad management vs picking leader and tring to sort

• Understanding the purpose of the Hyperdrive Bundle, is there anything in the works to help our players like me? Backstory: I was a competitive player that sunk at least $2k+ into the game but stopped playing about a year ago. Now, I have a strong base to work with, but my roster is no longer effective in most aspects in the game, especially Arena and TB/TW. The amount of time it will take for me to catch up is staggering due to the requirements for each new Legendary/Hero’s Journey, etc. I would be receptive to a Hyperdrive Bundle of sorts for my account situation!
  • Do you have anything at all concrete that you can share? The majority of the answers in these Q&A sessions have been incredibly nebulous. "We are aware of the issue ..." and "We are considering working on x ..." Is there anything at all interesting that you can share with us that will be coming in the next 2 months?
  • HondoOhnaka
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Just two simple questions:
    1) Why are you killing this game?
    2) Will you do something good/exciting to the game/community next months/year? (we got nothing good past year which is realy sad - Malak/LSGTB fiasco, GAS, reskins, relics... That is nothing new, exciting and good for this amazing game with a lot of opportunities) - if you need some ideas just ask, because it looks like you run out of them for a long time.

3) only good think which stays in this game are star wars and nostalgy... Ah and how characters look/characters art
  • Hi Guys,

I will ask you question as dev. Which software development workflow you use in your job? Because lack of content and many issues with game, pointing that you are not so agile as I think mobile game devs, like you should be. I dont know why it looks like this (maybe because you dont have too many people) but maybe try DevOps model ? I think like us, you love this game but sometimes you have to change something to make it better.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I actually don’t want them to answer the long paragraph people

The other list of questions are more important

The slap in the face portrait request is very important to me than the LS TB

5Ab3Ycb.gif
This discussion has been closed.