Developer Q&A - 12/04

Replies

• Why are the mechanics/kits different of the ships in LS Geo TB? Just played the CM in Phase 2 Fleet and Hounds Tooth keeps taunting even though it's removed and Breach isn't on the field. I have looked in the details and it says nothing about HT being able to regain taunt even though no Breach is present.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Content:
    Hello. We are missing the iconic version of Luke from ROTJ aka Jedi Luke. Could you bright up my XMas and give me an update on his situation ? Cheers.
  • Last Q&A you talked about adding more levels to the daily activities. With the one softball question you answered regarding this today it seems like you are back tracking on that. So which is it? Are you going to add another level to the daily challenges or not? Because that would ACTUALLY help the gear crunch.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Can you publish a list of accounts that have been banned for cheating so that the community can have confidence that your efforts to stop unfair play has been effective?
  • When you released kyro tech, you said that would alleviate some of the gear crunch. Now that relics and kyros are so important, what plans do you have to make it easier to move characters up to gear 11?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • “ We do not at this time have an expansion of relics, level cap increase, etc planned in the next three months.“

So this is legit just “how it is”? Really? Wow......
  • With the recent change to when a snapshot is made for GAC and TW. Are we going to get an option to Leave GAC and the Join again to capture a new snapshot just like we can in TW?

Would it be possible for both TW and GAC to have a button that you can press to capture a new roster snapshot?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I actually don’t want them to answer the long paragraph people

The other list of questions are more important

OK, here is my list of sort questions (I also wrote them in the survey but not sure they read it)

1. We have lot of ships we can use in many game modes now. Would you be kind to give us a ship management?

2. Is there any chance to release a practice mode in the near future?

3. Could you remove challenge gears from everywere outside Challenge and replace them to usefull gears? For example in Training Droid Smuggling very annoying to get challenge gear, and also in other events. (I know, there is no useless since Relics, but still...)

4. When you will allow officers to remove undesirable teams in TW?

5. When you will introduce a battle log? Many of us would like to see which teams defeated our defenses in GAC, TW, and Arena. I guess a Replay Mode would be hard to create and and it needs a lot of space on the servers, but a simple Battle Report maybe an easier way, can't it be?

6. Is there any chance to expand the shards in stores? We have 177 characters currently but the shards are the same since the game release. Maybe some chromium characters to Arena Store or GW Store?

7. Could you change the farming options for some factions?
    Exapmle 1: of the clones, only Fives can be farmed permanently: he is in the Cantina Store AND the DS Battles. The others only be farmable periodically. Could another clone be farmed instead of Fives in DS Battles?
    Exapmle 2: Jedi Consular is farmable from many places (Fleet Arena Store, LS Battles, 2 DS Battles, Cantina Battles). Could he be replaced to a more useable character at one of these places?

8. Could you please bring back the orange colour for the fav flag?

9. When will you update Daily Challenge?

10. Is there any plan to introduce a really live battles in the future? Some of us would like to try our skills against real opponent minds in live environment. It could be an inter-guild option.
  • Any plans for a second laptop?
  • “ We do not at this time have an expansion of relics, level cap increase, etc planned in the next three months.“

So this is legit just “how it is”? Really? Wow......

As a followup, so you’re saying that our R7 toons with 6• mods that aren’t good enough for p1(we. Ant know about 2-4 because screwups) aren’t gonna get any better, either? Is that right?
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    I saw the answer about Jedi Revan and Darth Revan’s relic lightsaber hilt, how it is not minor.. I feel that the other relic lightsaber hilts need to be rectified as well, as this should not be a minor issue either.
    Aayla Secura and Barriss Offee’s lightsaber hilt relics look identical, when they should not, same with Kit Fisto and Eeth Koths identical, as well as Luminara’s and Plo Koons. Can you please make it so that their relics truly are unique and don’t look identical to another jedi’s.
  • So far they've answered 1 question about content and 18 questions about art.
    Can we get a bit more substance please?
  • How much of the decision making on the direction of the game over the past year has come from you guys at CG and how much has come from EA?
  • Really! I want to know more about everyone's feelings on the art... forget content, we need more art-related responses!
  • What is the strategy that the community is missing when relic 7 ships are killed in one shot in the first phase of TB?
  • TholBohon wrote: »
    Why are the mechanics/kits different of the ships in LS Geo TB? Just played the CM in Phase 2 Fleet and Hounds Tooth keeps taunting even though it's removed and Breach isn't on the field. I have looked in the details and it says nothing about HT being able to regain taunt even though no Breach is present.

@TholBohon it’s from the capital ship “formations” abilities. Defensive formation makes tanks taunt at the start of each turn.
  • Maybe answer some Content questions...
  • What is the strategy that the community is missing when relic 7 ships are killed in one shot in the first phase of TB?

Obviously you forgot to Git Gud, scrub.
  • Question: Would you continue to play this game if you were in our shoes?
  • Can we have the option of filtering or at least sort mods by level (1-15)? That would be extremely handy
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: Mechanics/Balance

Q: You’ve stated that the difficulty will not be rolled back after this TB (sic) and that it is to stay the same, can you provide some information as to what’s coming to help level the playing field. Players are worried that this new addition will be hidden behind some massive paywall that will weaken the total community by player retirement.
    • A: CG_Tophat - There's a discussion in the community that with this Territory Battle is setting up for a future progression system element that is imminently planned (the theory is typically this seems to be in the next two or three months). Geonosis Light Side is intended to be a long term piece of content that will take some time to master. The difficulty is intentional. We've tried to account for player theory crafters who generally do a great job of finding very powerful strategies in these pieces of content. We do not at this time have an expansion of relics, level cap increase, etc planned in the next three months. We will be actively monitoring player participation (and related behaviors) in the Geonosis Light Side territory battle. If there is a problem (your example is mass exodus) we will intervene and make changes. Hope this helps allay any concerns.

Q: Are you able to share specific details of how pilotless ships will scale in relation to matching the power of traditional relic 7 pilots?
    • A: CG_Miller - Crewless ships are balanced tested at Relic 7 to ensure that the fleets they are designed for behave as we want them to at this level. This involves a lot of wizardry done to their stats and how they improve, but suffice it to say that if the Relic cap goes up, we'll need to address this issue with crewless ships.

Q: With relics you have also introduced Archetypes. Do you plan to use these Archetypes in the futur or were they just template for relic stat boost?
    • A: CG_Miller - Mastery (the stat that is directly tied to Archetypes) is a stat we are looking at adding to places outside the Relic system.

Q: Will it be different if i upgrade a mod with speed sec stat today or tmrw ? or once the mod earned, then the whole upgrade is fixed already, no matter when we max them the end result will be the same ? ty
    • A: CG_Cyanides - Stat rolls are determined when the mod is rolled. There's no outside force having an impact on the RNG of what gets rolled.

Yaaaaay!!!!! I love deploying my roster!!!!!!
  • Jamerson wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’ve been debating whether I should ask questions regarding LS TB but I’m sure others will

Just going to drop my 2 cents on the justification given

I know that part of the reason for difficult content is players churn up content faster than y'all can make, but the solution to make content that can't be cleared until whenever you decide in the far off future isn’t a good one.

Players waited half a year for this territory battle, there were months of hardly any updates. A lot of delays and anticipation only to be told we can’t compete or play. I would recommend going back to the drawing board and developing new solutions instead of deflecting the blame on players

DS TB did it right, now requiring 2~3 timed the GP to complete isn’t a viable end game goal

I cannot get excited for the next raid knowing that it’s not meant to be tried or challenged for another year or two and hope the raid is tuned to be completed by a guild with maxed out character progression at the time of raid’s launch

This NEEDS to be answered. This is my question as well. *tips hat to Ultra.

I second this. Or third. CG YOU NEED TO ANSWER THIS
    Jamerson wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’ve been debating whether I should ask questions regarding LS TB but I’m sure others will

Just going to drop my 2 cents on the justification given

I know that part of the reason for difficult content is players churn up content faster than y'all can make, but the solution to make content that can't be cleared until whenever you decide in the far off future isn’t a good one.

Players waited half a year for this territory battle, there were months of hardly any updates. A lot of delays and anticipation only to be told we can’t compete or play. I would recommend going back to the drawing board and developing new solutions instead of deflecting the blame on players

DS TB did it right, now requiring 2~3 timed the GP to complete isn’t a viable end game goal

I cannot get excited for the next raid knowing that it’s not meant to be tried or challenged for another year or two and hope the raid is tuned to be completed by a guild with maxed out character progression at the time of raid’s launch

This NEEDS to be answered. This is my question as well. *tips hat to Ultra.

I second this. Or third. CG YOU NEED TO ANSWER THIS

Agreed, justify yourselves CG
  • For TB's, will officiers be able to block zones for real, as in not possible to do ANY points at all unless commands are given? People dont always listen to orders or the interface lags and does not always refresh correctly for everyone.
  • What will the “make good” for this TB be?
  • Please just come clean and let us know if Jedi Luke will ever make it into this game.
  • The force is strong in here today. The TW is WAI but look at this art over here.
This discussion has been closed.