Developer Q&A - 12/04

Replies

• So much chatter about art, they even talked about 3 different portraits but this
    Where is our Princess Leia portrait?
    Here is something to get you started
    r910qil2uazg.png
    is completely ignored. It's a minor thing but it bugs me so much. What gives? Our princess deserves a portrait in remembrance of our dear departed Carrie Fisher.
  • Was any comment made towards the fact that anyone below Android 8.0 can't play the game?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Was any comment made towards the fact that anyone below Android 8.0 can't play the game?

The issue has been going on since today, the day after the Q&A
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Was any comment made towards the fact that anyone below Android 8.0 can't play the game?

The issue has been going on since today, the day after the Q&A

Gotta disagree with you there. As of today, it's totally unplayable now for a lot of us. Before, for about a month now, it would take two login attempts to access the game: one for the crash at game initialization, one to actually get in.

But I take that as a "no."
    Gotcha. 👍
  • Will there be any attempt to make the game accessable to people who can't update their Android device to fix the recent bug
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Will there be any attempt to make the game accessable to people who can't update their Android device to fix the recent bug

The answer is in the announcements.
  • Terrible Q& A. Nothing to get us excited. And more questions about what shoe size tophat is or what was your favourite memory in the bathroom when u were a teenager Erik.
  • Da_Moust
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I have just two questions:

When does the Darth Revan event start? The last one was 91 days ago and if you put it into the journey guide, when does this thing start? There's no info about it and I think a lot of people is waiting!
  • I forgot to ask my #1 question: Why is the fleet store still on a different schedule than every other store?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    xavier_garcia_smash_richter_link_web-1.png

This is very cool

I love Smash Ultimate and still play it often. Could never reach elite smash, was always 1 to 3 wins away and then a streak of losses would happen
  • So what do we get as compensation for the content missed yesterday? the game was down for almost a whole day, missed all energy, a raid, GAC lost attack phase and ½ discord had same complaint or we getting a "Ha ha no luck!" From CG again, pathetic service, if it weren't for having played years I'd have left, utterly disgusted with this management
  • Reworks? "Too hard". Territory Battles? "Takes up all our resources" U said no plans for level increase or more gear levels? "3 months". People leaving the game in droves? "Introduce a game mode that makes more people angry and leave"

U run a game that has gambling mechanics. Rename it as surprise mechanics and that eases everyones conscious. U want good will from the community at the same time u devolop a game with a system to take advantage of their addictions. I bet some d head will now say "if your not happy don't play the game" . D head I am allowed to complain about what im not happy about. I don't have to bend over and enjoy it.
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I am very dissapointed too. They answered only 1/15 of my questions and ofc that was the art-one. I sent them to the survey days before and wrote them to here as well. :(
    I don't understand either why these questions should be answered live, and why it was not possible to prepare in advance for the survey questions? Of course they have no time to answer all of the Qs within an hour and a half!
    Post edited by Olderaan on
  • Long time listener, first time (maybe?) poster. I skimmed through the vapidity of the Q&A and noticed this gem from @CG_Cyanides:

4n11kawaqen6.png

Snark fully intended:

I have to admit, I'm about as familiar with the churn history of the producers and managers of the game as they seem to be with the game they run. But the simple answer to "what's everyone's definition of easing" can be found through the world's favorite search engine finding posts on this forum dating back almost two years:

ya58cb7kdj71.png

There's also this handy analysis and its related spreadsheets from a year and a half ago:
    https://www.reddup.co/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/95rjtr/hey_friends_of_statistics_in_swgoh_this_time

At best the answer is a dodge and at worst it indicates short-sightedness and a complete lack of interest in the discussions the community is having - and has had for years - about this topic. To say that one is "genuinely interested in everyone's definition of easing" when the answers are in this very forum's history is tone-deaf.

This game did not start with 179 characters, did not start at G12/13. But as the rosters have increased in size and the gear levels have increased, the ability to acquire gear has not kept pace. An extra node and a few extra energy a day is a linear response to an exponentially growing requirement. Unlike other games that have expanded over time with increased levels, character abilities, and improved gear, earlier tiers are not made easier to achieve. The gear wall hasn't been moved, it has been reinforced with Kyrotech, and additional walls have been built at 12, 13, and relics. In business phraseology (maybe someone smarter than me can put it mathematically) you've taken a bucket of water out of the ocean.

Anecdotally, I shouldn't have to make a decision as whether or not I'm spending a stun gun to get Canderous Ordo to gear level 8 or using it as a component of a super gun to get Droideka to twelve. I'm sure I'm not alone in this scenario. What do we mean by easing? We mean just that: making it easier to clear the legacy hurdles of the game so that the current end state can even be approached (which apparently it can't, but that's a story for another time).

• Guess I better just sit back and accept we just get milked like rats....
  • Hundreds of posts/players complaining about the same issues...

@CG_SBCrumb

“If one person tells you you're a horse, they are crazy. If three people tell you you're a horse, there's a conspiracy afoot. If ten people tell you you're a horse, it's time to buy a saddle.” - Jack Rosenblum

• W_E_Quixote
    162 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    TJax wrote: »
    Is there going to be a fix for the Anakin cheese team? @CG_TopHat

I have asked about this every Q&A
    Via the Survey.
  • Nothing about battle logs, anti-cheating, etc. NOTHING.
  • Ultra or Crumb,

You mentioned a potential 212 attack battalion around when the 501st were getting reworked, are they still toons we can look forward too?

There are many amazing toons in the Geo TB such as ponds, Kalani, Sniper droid, and so on. Will players be able to use these characters in the future?

What’s the next puzzle?

• CG_Tophat - The short answer is no. We walk a delicate line between demanding too much and too little time for a mobile game. If we allow players to play the old TBs alongside the new ones, from a min/max perspective this is basically a requirement to be "good" at the game which is to play both. So while there are some players that want to play more our data indicates that we already ask a lot of a lot of players time. Adding an additional "requirement" probably tips us over on the "required" amount of time playing. In addition, we have very specific economy outflows modeled and allowing the second TB disrupts that in a way that as the economy is currently set up, can't handle.

Well that's complete bollocks. You didn't answer the question really. If people chose to do both then it's up to them whether they're doing too much.

Just give people the choice.

The reason you don't want to do it is because you don't want people getting too much GET so that they either have to hoard or spend money or progress slowly.

If you were just honest we'd have a little more respect for you. Not that you have much to begin with.
  • Is there a chance for Europe to get a 30-minute split of PO?

rbelqsnl1lgc.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Miluś wrote: »
    Is there a chance for Europe to get a 30-minute split of PO?

rbelqsnl1lgc.png

No. You can do that only on timezones that actually exists as x:30. I'm on one and if I try to move it, it only displays full hours for me too.

m0ejw861wdld.png
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra or Crumb,

You mentioned a potential 212 attack battalion around when the 501st were getting reworked, are they still toons we can look forward too?

There are many amazing toons in the Geo TB such as ponds, Kalani, Sniper droid, and so on. Will players be able to use these characters in the future?

What’s the next puzzle?
    Those questions are for crumb or another staff of CG

But I don’t ever recall reading or hearing them mention a rework for 212 attack battalion
  • “CG_ParkingInstructor: ”We also wanted to increase their viability in Grand Arena and Territory Wars while preparing for the Light Side version of Geonosis. I do more after last year’s anniversary target smaller group a deeper rework. With less characters, it means we had time substantial rework still leaves space 212th Attack Battalion future if want.” “.

This was long back (dev insights on why chose 501st). Seems like an idea. When looking at GK’s leader, there is no zeta, happens be named 212th. Cody outdated bad enough minor Waxer Boil were 212, not as popular 501st, few episodes show. To round team out they could add some generic trooper or arc (like time). While would love see this, seems nothing than idea suggestion.
  • I'm just happy that you have finally decided to give all of us a very good solution to our addiction to your game and hence a more than valid reason to quit for good. Thank you, I can use the spare time I previously used to play the game.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: Economy

Q: Hey there Devs, would you consider removing the non 5 dot mods from the Mod challenges as a QoL update? They are inferior since the introduction of mod slicing.
    • A: CG_Cyanides - Yep! We are planning to do this. Timing of this is still in the air as we decided when the QoL update goes out.

In conjunction with this, they really need to remove the non 5 dot mods from the Mod store.
  • new information about journey guide?
  • I also wait all the time. Someone knows at which time it will be released?
This discussion has been closed.