In Game Ads

Prev1
Anyone else get an in game advertisement for Disney+ recently? I wish I had gotten a screenshot. It popped up while I was collecting my daily login reward and I accidentally clicked on it. It brought me to the signup page for Disney+.

I hope this isn't a trend that continues. I liked that there weren't in game pop ups and ads.

Replies

• Game needs moar money,wait till you start seeing 30sec videos.

Didnt see anything,i dont even know if we have this where i live,heck,i dont even own a tv at home,so whatever.
  • fk5mfgm547wr.png

Did it look like this? Yes, very disturbing.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • fk5mfgm547wr.png

Did it look like this? Yes, very disturbing.

Yup. That's it.
  • Glad that works properly.
  • RevMaden wrote: »
    Glad that works properly.

Priorities
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • If everyone would whale harder, they wouldn't need to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    If everyone would whale harder, they wouldn't need to.

Do we honestly think they have a choice to advertise for a parent company?

I'm sure things like this have been in the contract since the beginning, just to get the IP.

Haven't we seen this before for the movies too?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm sure things like this have been in the contract since the beginning, just to get the IP.

You could be right. I Wasn't being serious.

I couldn't help but hope it was part of a deal to get Mandalorian characters. Probabaly not related in any way, but we can hope.
  • The advertisement and the packs work well in the game. The testers are 99% on it but only 1% on LS Geo TB
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I couldn't help but hope it was part of a deal to get Mandalorian characters. Probabaly not related in any way, but we can hope.

I know I'm not the only one, but man am I shocked they didnt have plans to add him right after the show came out. Would have been a great opportunity to add a "generic" and generally useful character with a ship and then play the wait and see game for future additions.
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    I would appreciate commercials to earn some crystals like in other games
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    The mandalorian is not launched globally so far...I think they will wait until it’s done
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pille wrote: »
    The mandalorian is not launched globally so far...I think they will wait until it’s done

Good point.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

We could whale harder, but how can one add anything to an R7, top mod team to perform better? Perhaps sand?
  • We've had ads for youtubers who were part of the game charger program before.. I'm sure there have been ads for previous movies. If the previous times are any indication, this won't be prevalent and will fade from memory quickly.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

w3nm0fjiis94.jpeg
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Id prefer they have content i the game for the show advertised before they drop an ad in.

Thats said, latest episode is up and awesome
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    if I wait until the mando season is over, can I get the free week and binge them all? asking for a friend
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

I know I'm not the only one, but man am I shocked they didnt have plans to add him right after the show came out. Would have been a great opportunity to add a "generic" and generally useful character with a ship and then play the wait and see game for future additions.
    I don’t think the entire staff has early access to the entire season. They are watching it weekly like the rest of us

Would be premature to release the mandalorian without a full kit. Like, he gets new upgrades each episode, so basing his kit on his episode 1 version would be a step down

Once the season is out, they can fully flesh the character and supporting characters (IG / Cara Dune) and maybe have enough to form a squad of 5 toons

• If the studio making money from ads is what they need to increase resources so they can start putting out better tested content at an increased rate, give me all the ads.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    On topic - I think the ad was okay. Nothing bad or egregious. They’ve done ads to promote GameChangers before and it’s ok for them to promote the mandalorian, battlefront II or other big title Star Wars content.

It’s a one time ad, and very easy to dismiss so I don’t mind it compared to what a typical ad placement in mobile apps tend to be
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I don’t think the entire staff has early access to the entire season. They are watching it weekly like the rest of us

Would be premature to release the mandalorian without a full kit. Like, he gets new upgrades each episode, so basing his kit on his episode 1 version would be a step down

Once the season is out, they can fully flesh the character and supporting characters (IG / Cara Dune) and maybe have enough to form a squad of 5 toons

I'm sure they could have had some early access to the show for these purposes, but for kit building they definitely have had access to Information needed to do that. Same as they have said for movies and stuff, they can get in touch with people, even if they cant directly get access to the material.

But this is a conversation for another thread, back to your regularly scheduled topic.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Do you see how he is slowly getting armor upgrades. Weapon upgrades. While doing quests?

Just like a .... video game!

Don't be surprised to see this as a stand alone game. If CG hasn't been green lit to do this yet, that's where I'd be sending my prediction vibes.
  • I just want Baby Yoda already. I'd suffer through most any in game ad for him.

Do you see how he is slowly getting armor upgrades. Weapon upgrades. While doing quests?

Don't be surprised to see this as a stand alone game. If CG hasn't been green lit to do this yet, that's where I'd be sending my prediction vibes.

If they do a Mandalorian game, I hope it is not mobile and I really hope they give it to a competent company. I am almost at the point of any dev other than CG.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I'm sure they could have had some early access to the show for these purposes, but for kit building they definitely have had access to Information needed to do that. Same as they have said for movies and stuff, they can get in touch with people, even if they cant directly get access to the material.

But this is a conversation for another thread, back to your regularly scheduled topic.
    Making a character based on cliff notes and by watching the actual medium can result in very different kits, with the latter more accurate and satisfying

If they do a Mandalorian game, I hope it is not mobile and I really hope they give it to a competent company. I am almost at the point of any dev other than CG.

I want a Mandalorian game. Especially with a baby Yoda!!!!!!

Can we get a baby yoda in this game though?
  • This is totally fine. It's Star Wars stuff, and I just close it. Not like having to run 45 seconds ads for construction shoes like in Dragon Champions.