Darth Sidious Rework Idea

Ichiraikou
758 posts Member
edited August 2020
Darth Sidious
Dark Side, Attacker (AGI), Leader, Sith, Separatist
Brutal attacker that takes pleasure in seeing both his allies and his enemies suffer and fall.

Deathstroke (Basic)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 3 turns. This attack deals 10% more damage for each debuff and each stack of Armour Shred on the target.

Demoralizing Blows (Special) (Cooldown: 3 turns)
Deal Physical damage to a random enemy. Repeat this 4 additional times. Inflict Defence Down for 3 turns on all damaged enemies. Enemies that are hit more than once are inflicted with Armour Shred until the end of battle.

Unlimited Power (Special) (Cooldown: 4 turns)
Dispel all debuffs from self and target other ally and call that ally to Assist. Then, Shock target enemy for 2 turns, deal Special damage, and Stun them for 1 turn. If target other ally is a Sith or Separatist, they dispel all buffs from target enemy and inflict the opposite debuff, if any, for 2 turns.

Masterful Manipulation (Leader) (Zeta)
All units can’t gain Foresight or Tenacity Up.
Whenever any unit other than Darth Sidious is damaged by an attack, they lose 5% Tenacity (stacking, max 50%, can’t be Resisted) and all Sith and Separatist allies gain +2% Offence and +2% Potency (stacking, max 200%) until the end of battle.
Whenever Darth Sidious is attacked by an enemy, all enemies lose 2% Offence (stacking, max 50%, can’t be Resisted) and all Sith and Separatist allies gain +2% Speed (stacking, max 50%) until the end of battle.

Sadistic Glee (Unique) (Zeta)
Whenever any unit is defeated, Darth Sidious recovers 12,5% Health and 25% Protection, and gains 50% Turn Meter. These effects can’t be Prevented.
Darth Sidious has +15% Accuracy and Evasion, increased to 35% if Darth Sidious is in the leader slot and not the ally slot. In addition, he gains Max Health and Max Protection equal to his Potency Percentage.
Post edited by Ichiraikou on

Replies

• Absolutely fantastic in raids. I think you could have something where he gains Max Health or infinitely stacking potency, which would increase his Max Health and Protection, and reduce the TM gain so it isn't too overpowered. His Defense and Crit Avoid doesn't make much sense to me thematically. You could use evasion instead, but that's just an idea.

For Demoralizing Blows, can you define "random enemies"? How many of them? Two rounds of damage to every enemy that it strikes, so it gets past foresight too?

Unlimited Power cooldown could be shifted up to 4 if you want more balancing, the power is pretty dang strong.
    Definitely not necessary but if you're worried about keeping it very balanced, then that's an option but it's pretty great already.

Well done!!!
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Darth Sidious
    Dark Side, Sith, Separatist, Attacker, Leader
    Brutal attacker that takes pleasure in seeing both his allies and his enemies suffer and fall.

Deathstroke (Basic)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Inflict Healing Immunity for 3 turns. If the target already has Healing Immunity, this attack deals 50% More Damage. This attack has a 50% chance to Ignore the targets armour, doubled if the target is debuffed.
    I feel like you could leave out either the +50% damage or the 50% chance to ignore armor, otherwise it’s too much damage.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice, and Deal Physical damage to random enemies 2 times. These attacks inflict Damage Over Time and Expose for 2 turns and can’t be Evaded or Countered.
    Not a bad ability, but how come you changed it from an AoE? And also how many enemies randomly take damage twice?
    Unlimited Power (Special) (Cooldown: 3 turns)
    Dispel all debuffs on target ally and call them to assist. Then deal Special damage to target enemy, shock them for 2 turns, and Stun them for 1 turn. If the target ally is a Sith or Separatist, they dispel all buffs on the target enemy and both attackers have +100% Health Steal during this attack. This attack can’t be Evaded or Countered.
    Not sure why the attack needs to not be counterable if it inflicts stun which prevents counters. He has so much potency that the stun should rarely ever get resisted.
    Masterful Manipulation (Leader)
    All allies gain +50% Defence and +50% Critical Avoidance. When any unit other than Darth Sidious is damaged by an attack, they lose 5% Tenacity (stacking, max 50%, can’t be Resisted) and all Sith and Separatist allies gains +2% Offence and +2% Potency (stacking, max 100%) until the end of battle. When Darth Sidious is damaged by an attack, all Sith and Separatist allies gain +2% Speed (stacking, max 50%) until the end of battle.
    The defense and critical avoidance doesn’t really fit him imo. Since his kit is so focused on damage, I think it should be changed to something like offense and critical damage. The stacking speed might also be worthy of a zeta.
    Sadistic Glee (Unique, Zeta)
    When any unit is defeated, Darth Sidious recovers 10% Health, 20% Protection, and gains 50% Turn Meter. These effects can’t be Prevented. Darth Sidious has +35% Evasion, +35% Accuracy, +50% Potency, gains Max Health equal to his Potency Percentage, and gains Max Protection equal to half his Max Health.
    Looks like a good ability. Two of his abilities can’t be evaded though so I don’t think you need the accuracy boost.
    I might have made him a tad too powerful.... But is a fun starting point either way anyway. As always, tell me what you think.

One the whole it’s not bad, although it does seem a bit powerful right now. I think he should have some specific anti-Jedi stuff somewhere, but I’m worried that might make him a bit too strong. I don’t know. Anyways, great job! :)
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @DarthNekros, @DaPowerfulJedi
    Thank you for the reactions and feedback. I've made some changes to the kids based on them and on some things I have been thinking on myself.
    Just gave a damage bonus on the basic against debuffed enemies. Removed other damage bonus and ignore armour instead.
    With Demoralizing blows I realized 2 things: that my wording was confusing and that the damage over time and expose didn't really fit the constantly stacking damage thing that was going on. So I redesigned the ability from scratch. Different debuffs and effects. It now reduces enemy defence, but can be Evaded. (my original intent was something similar to this, not attacking 1 random enemy twice but attacking 2 enemies chosen at random.)
    Changes some wording and increased the cooldown of Unlimited Power. Attack can now also be countered. Nothing fundamentally changed.
    With the leadership I removed the defence bonuses. They did indeed not fit him. However I still wanted a way for him to help his allies survive a bit longer. Seeing as them being damaged also triggers the effects. I also didn't want any more offence bonuses. We have enough damage here thank you. So I went more along the lines of the manipulation and decreased enemy offence instead.
    The unique remains unchanged from the previous version.

Again not sure whether he is too powerful, thou I do think he is more balanced and more focused right now.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Updated the rework slightly. Would love some more feedback so as always tell me what you think.
  • Recently been thinking about this again. So I updated it again with the latest ideas.
  • Honestly, aside from rewording the "3 random enemies" and how that ability works, I think the kit is basically perfect.

The way demoralizing blows is worded is slightly confusing and not very precise, but it isn't bad, simply room for improvement.

Otherwise, seriously, this is very good and reflects the character very well, I do believe. I love it.
  • Honestly, aside from rewording the "3 random enemies" and how that ability works, I think the kit is basically perfect.

The way demoralizing blows is worded is slightly confusing and not very precise, but it isn't bad, simply room for improvement.

Otherwise, seriously, this is very good and reflects the character very well, I do believe. I love it.
    Tnx @DarthNekros I myself am also very satisfied with it. Thou I can understand your confusion about Demoralizing Blows. The idea of the ability is that it always hits 4 times. This creates the opportunity to hit enemies multiple times, especially if there aren't that many enemies. I have been struggling with how to word that as well so any suggestions and/or help is appreciated.
    Still very glad you liked it.
  • I changed Demoralizing blows description. Currently its:
    Deal Physical damage to a random enemy. Repeat this 3 additional times. Inflict Defence Down for 3 turns on all damaged enemies. Enemies that are hit more than once are inflicted with Armour Shred until the end of battle.
    Still thinking about it but this is the clearest I could think of for now.
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    Looks great and makes him a powerhouse.
    However, I don't like his Leader ability being solely there to counter Grand Master Yoda. Canonically, it shouldn't be the case. Other than this, solid.
    That was not my idea when I designed it. During the Prequels, Sidious was constantly setting things up. Manipulating everything to better his position. At the start he wasn't that powerful but near the end he was unstoppable. That was my main thought when designing his lead. As the battle goes on his Offence, Potency and Speed keeps increasing in addition to his Health and Protection increasing (trough his unique) and his opponents offence decreasing. Once I was done thou I realized 3 things:
    1: This lead does absolutely nothing at the start of battle.
    2: No matter how high your potency or how low the opponents Tenacity, if they have Tenacity Up, they will resist.
    3: no matter how high your damage, if they have Foresight they won't take any damage.
    In other words, these buffs where ridiculously easy counters to his lead. And considering how in control he was during the prequels, that just didn't feel right. It should be harder to slow the stacks from his lead down or to resist debuffs from him. So I added the can't gain to the lead because of those points. Grand Master Yoda was never considered during the designing of his lead. I didn't even realize how hard of a counter it was until you brought it up.
    So yeah. That was not the intent. Still, I personally have no problems with this. It actually makes me like it even more. Still nice you liked everything else thou.
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Looks great and makes him a powerhouse.
    However, I don't like his Leader ability being solely there to counter Grand Master Yoda. Canonically, it shouldn't be the case. Other than this, solid.
    That was not my idea when I designed it. During the Prequels, Sidious was constantly setting things up. Manipulating everything to better his position. At the start he wasn't that powerful but near the end he was unstoppable. That was my main thought when designing his lead. As the battle goes on his Offence, Potency and Speed keeps increasing in addition to his Health and Protection increasing (trough his unique) and his opponents offence decreasing. Once I was done thou I realized 3 things:
    1: This lead does absolutely nothing at the start of battle.
    2: No matter how high your potency or how low the opponents Tenacity, if they have Tenacity Up, they will resist.
    3: no matter how high your damage, if they have Foresight they won't take any damage.
    In other words, these buffs where ridiculously easy counters to his lead. And considering how in control he was during the prequels, that just didn't feel right. It should be harder to slow the stacks from his lead down or to resist debuffs from him. So I added the can't gain to the lead because of those points. Grand Master Yoda was never considered during the designing of his lead. I didn't even realize how hard of a counter it was until you brought it up.
    So yeah. That was not the intent. Still, I personally have no problems with this. It actually makes me like it even more. Still nice you liked everything else thou.

The absolute countering to Yoda is what makes it even better, Sidious was the antithesis of Yoda and so it's great. Don't sweat it!
  • Did a small update to his unique. Realized that under a Darth Maul zeta lead, he would have 55% Evasion, which is a bit much. Now he has 35% Evasion under both Darth Maul's and his own lead.
    Darth Sidious
    Dark Side, Sith, Separatist, Attacker, Leader

Deathstroke (Basic)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 3 turns. This attack deals 10% more damage for each debuff and each stack of Armour Shred on the target.

Deal Physical damage to a random enemy. Repeat this 4 additional times. Inflict Defence Down for 3 turns on all damaged enemies. Enemies that are hit more than once are inflicted with Armour Shred until the end of battle.

Dispel all debuffs from self and target other ally and call that ally to Assist. Then, Shock target enemy for 2 turns, deal Special damage, and Daze them for 3 turns. If target other ally is a Sith or Separatist, they dispel all buffs from target enemy and inflict the opposite debuff, if any, for 2 turns.

Whenever any unit other than Darth Sidious is damaged by an attack, they lose 5% Tenacity (stacking, max 50%, can’t be Resisted) and all Sith and Separatist allies gain +2% Offence and +2% Potency (stacking, max 200%) until the end of battle.
    Whenever Darth Sidious is attacked by an enemy, all enemies lose 2% Offence (stacking, max 50%, can’t be Resisted) and all Sith and Separatist allies gain +2% Speed (stacking, max 50%) until the end of battle.

Whenever any unit is defeated, Darth Sidious recovers 12,5% Health and 25% Protection, and gains 50% Turn Meter. These effects can’t be Prevented.
    Darth Sidious has +15% Accuracy and Evasion, increased to 35% if Darth Sidious is in the leader slot and not the ally slot. In addition, he gains Max Health and Max Protection equal to his Potency Percentage.

Not bad, just keep in mind he wasn't a Separatist. He wasn't truly on either side of the Clone Wars, he was more like the person who manipulated everything behind the scenes with the intentions of causing both the fall of the Galactic Republic and the Separatists in order to eliminate any competition to his future Empire. Given this, maybe he could work with Separatists and/or Clone Troopers in some way/shape/form?
  • Not bad, just keep in mind he wasn't a Separatist. He wasn't truly on either side of the Clone Wars, he was more like the person who manipulated everything behind the scenes with the intentions of causing both the fall of the Galactic Republic and the Separatists in order to eliminate any competition to his future Empire. Given this, maybe he could work with Separatists and/or Clone Troopers in some way/shape/form?
    That is true, from a certain point of view. Honestly I can understand where you come from. As there are really good arguments for him both having and not having the tag. However, I went with the option where he is technically a Separatist because of 1 simple reason: The dark side Geonosian Territory battle.
    As you can probably guess by his lead, he is designed to excel at battles that last a long time. In fact, my reworks of Sidious and Maul where both designed to excel at long battles with many enemies, aka territory battles (and some raid phases). So I went with the view that, since he is Dooku's master, and is giving him and the Sepratists orders, he technically is a Separatist. So that he has the tag and thus gains the most advantages during the dark side Geonosian territory battle.
    What I don't agree with thou is the clone synergy. This is Darth Sidious during the Clone wars. The clones weren't on his side at all until order 66, which this version is still a long time away from. Maybe they where allies of Sheev Palpatine, but they definitely weren't of Darth Sidious. The may have been the same person, but they where different persona's. Maybe a Chancellor Palpatine (ep3) kit could have clone synergy, or a Darth Vader (young) kit, (or a better name for them) but not this one.
    Darth Sidious
    Dark Side, Attacker (AGI), Leader, Sith, Separatist

Deathstroke (Basic)

Love it. No needed change.

On one hand, I love it. On the other hand, I think there is change needed: ‘Deal Physical damage to a random enemy 11 times. Inflict defence down on damaged enemies and defence penetration on enemies not damaged. Enemies damaged 2wice or more are inflicted with Armour Shred until the end of the battle. Enemies damaged 3 times or more lose 5% max protection (stacking). Enemies damaged 8 times or more gain undispellable deathmark for 2 turns.’
    Dispel all debuffs from self and target other ally and call that ally to Assist. Then, Shock target enemy for 2 turns, deal Special damage, and Stun them for 1 turn. If target other ally is a Sith or Separatist, they dispel all buffs from target enemy and inflict the opposite debuff, if any, for 2 turns.

Love it. One thing, this is about UNLIMITED power. So I think it should deal 2% additional damage per status effect on all allies at the start of this turn.

Like it, but maybe have these start the bonuses / detriments at their minimum % e.g. 2% speed at the start of battle. And with Savage taunt, Sidious will be harder to attack.
    Whenever any unit is defeated, Darth Sidious recovers 12.5% Health and 25% Protection, and gains 50% Turn Meter. These effects can’t be Prevented.

Nice. Maybe add in a Metaloid Monstrosity like effect in here somewhere.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 Glad you like the kit overall. As for your feedback, I'm not implementing that. As most of them would make the kit too powerful. I'm trying to improve the kit, not break it.
    Like seriously, you suggested the second special deals damage 11 times and can inflict Deathmark? I mean, he is indeed meant to be good at long battles such **** Raids and TB, but the damage numbers of that would pretty much kill everything in the game. Especially once his leadership has really stacked his offence. That would be damage that makes GL's look weak. No way I'm doing that.
    Same with the Metaliod Monstrosity. Why would I add an effect that is already present in another separatist character to a kit that ready benefits from charters being defeated? I'm really starting to wonder if you even know what "balanced" means.
    The thing about Unlimited Power...honestly isn't that bad actually. It's pretty nice. I have already implemented increased damage in the basic thou, and I don't like to repeat things in my kits. Plus he dispels debuffs, so the condition is a bit contradictory. But it's not a bad suggestion either way.
    P.s. I know that with Savage taunting Sidious won't be targeted that much, but there are AOE attacks and there is a limit to the bonus from the attacks. Also, Sidious gains max heath and protection equal to his potency, and his potency increases trough his lead. So his survivability goes up as other character are attacked. You don't want him to be targeted too easily because of that. Finally, the entire idea behind the lead is that it is weak at the start of battle and becomes stronger the longer it goes on. Staring it at any values kinda beats the entire point.
    Still, thanks for the feedback, and glad you liked the kit idea.
    @TheChild_eats_eggs1 Glad you like the kit overall. As for your feedback, I'm not implementing that. As most of them would make the kit too powerful. I'm trying to improve the kit, not break it.
    Like seriously, you suggested the second special deals damage 11 times and can inflict Deathmark? I mean, he is indeed meant to be good at long battles such **** Raids and TB, but the damage numbers of that would pretty much kill everything in the game. Especially once his leadership has really stacked his offence. That would be damage that makes GL's look weak. No way I'm doing that.
    Same with the Metaliod Monstrosity. Why would I add an effect that is already present in another separatist character to a kit that ready benefits from charters being defeated? I'm really starting to wonder if you even know what "balanced" means.
    The thing about Unlimited Power...honestly isn't that bad actually. It's pretty nice. I have already implemented increased damage in the basic thou, and I don't like to repeat things in my kits. Plus he dispels debuffs, so the condition is a bit contradictory. But it's not a bad suggestion either way.
    P.s. I know that with Savage taunting Sidious won't be targeted that much, but there are AOE attacks and there is a limit to the bonus from the attacks. Also, Sidious gains max heath and protection equal to his potency, and his potency increases trough his lead. So his survivability goes up as other character are attacked. You don't want him to be targeted too easily because of that. Finally, the entire idea behind the lead is that it is weak at the start of battle and becomes stronger the longer it goes on. Staring it at any values kinda beats the entire point.
    Still, thanks for the feedback, and glad you liked the kit idea.

Ok I was trying to make the deathmark VERY UNLIKELY. ROLO deals 11x random enemy damage with her special. I see your offence point, so maybe go to 6x.

Metalloid Monstrosity, I see your point. I was just thinking about the fact he really only cares for himself, and everyone else is a pawn who eventually becomes useless and is trashed.

I get the thing about repeating in kits. Totally understand.

I get your point about Sidious lead there, but now I just thought he should siphon of of his enemies and allies, so he doesn't just get more powerful, but his pawns on both sides eventually become useless and die.

• Ok I was trying to make the deathmark VERY UNLIKELY. ROLO deals 11x random enemy damage with her special. I see your offence point, so maybe go to 6x.
    Unfortunately raids exists. In those it's very easy to have all attacks on a single target. Making unlikely, guaranteed. Plus of course the damage numbers. But You got that one already. ROLO also deals damage 10 times not 11, but that's just me nitpicking :p
    The 6 times...might not be so bad actually. Always wondered if 5 times was to low. Will see if I'll do that.
    Metalloid Monstrosity, I see your point. I was just thinking about the fact he really only cares for himself, and everyone else is a pawn who eventually becomes useless and is trashed.
    The team was designed for Dark Side Geonosian TB. So if everyone else ends up dying like that, it might just backfire. (He did keep maul around in he clone wars after all. A pawn is only useful alive).
    Glad you do :)
    I get your point about Sidious lead there, but now I just thought he should siphon of of his enemies and allies, so he doesn't just get more powerful, but his pawns on both sides eventually become useless and die.
    I mean, syphon is already unique to SLKR :p . Most importantly thou, he doesn't have any survival effects for characters other than himself. Plus his lead reduces everyone else's Tenacity (Both enemies and allies), so he kinda has that already as well. If I actually start to weaken his allies and enemies any more than that, it might become broken. Making them either overpowered or underpowered. They are still mainly designed with Dark Side Geo TB in mind after all. So if he actively kills his allies, he'll be at a mayor disadvantage in the later stages. And, as stated before, he did keep some characters alive to use as pawns (like Darth Maul), so I don't think it would be entirely thematically correct. But I will admit, it's an interesting and creative idea. So perhaps for another version or another character, it's a definite possibility. So, I'll keep it in mind.
    Ok I was trying to make the deathmark VERY UNLIKELY. ROLO deals 11x random enemy damage with her special. I see your offence point, so maybe go to 6x.
    Unfortunately raids exists. In those it's very easy to have all attacks on a single target. Making unlikely, guaranteed. Plus of course the damage numbers. But You got that one already. ROLO also deals damage 10 times not 11, but that's just me nitpicking :p
    The 6 times...might not be so bad actually. Always wondered if 5 times was to low. Will see if I'll do that.
    The team was designed for Dark Side Geonosian TB. So if everyone else ends up dying like that, it might just backfire. (He did keep maul around in he clone wars after all. A pawn is only useful alive).
    Glad you do :)
    I mean, syphon is already unique to SLKR :p . Most importantly thou, he doesn't have any survival effects for characters other than himself. Plus his lead reduces everyone else's Tenacity (Both enemies and allies), so he kinda has that already as well. If I actually start to weaken his allies and enemies any more than that, it might become broken. Making them either overpowered or underpowered. They are still mainly designed with Dark Side Geo TB in mind after all. So if he actively kills his allies, he'll be at a mayor disadvantage in the later stages. And, as stated before, he did keep some characters alive to use as pawns (like Darth Maul), so I don't think it would be entirely thematically correct. But I will admit, it's an interesting and creative idea. So perhaps for another version or another character, it's a definite possibility. So, I'll keep it in mind.

Totally get the point of the kit now, thought of it differently before. :D
  • @Ichiraikou
    Nicely done!
    But unfortunately, I need to toss some problems I have in my mind. I hope this helps!
    I'm very frustrated because my previous post was GONE thanks to a malfunction, which took me 30 minutes!!! F! So I will write this in a short way.

1. Your Leader ability
    This definitely suppress JKR team, and any other Jedi Team with Yoda (maybe not when GL Luke is there) What are your thoughts on this? I think it's fine, because I've seen Vader suppresses 100% to JKL led team.

2. Your Unique conflicts with your Leader ability

"+35% Evasion when Sidious is the leader", that means he is less likely to reduce the enemies offense stats and boosts his allies' speed. Did you do this for balancing purpose? I just feel this is strange.

Other than that, no real issue is seen here. Kinda want to know how the animation would be for his specials.
  • @PigRiderStarWatcher a shame your previous post is gone. That really sucks. But lets go over your short version either way.
    On your first point: I've said this one before but I'll gladly say it again. When I designed his lead, I never even had Yoda or any Jedi enemies in mind. It was just that when I was done with the rest I realized tat Foresight and Tenacity up where really easy ways to completely block his lead. A tad too easy for how good of a manipulator he was. Since his lead did nothing at the start yet anyway, I decided to add that, but make it for both sides to balance it out. It wasn't until later I realized how good this countered Grand Master Yoda. But I'm actually really glad it does, as it's thematically pretty accurate. So it was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
    As for your second point: It doesn't. I think you've missed a detail about the lead here. You see, it's true that for the staking Offence and Potency, units (other than Darth Sidious) have to be damaged by an attack. But for the Offence reduction and stacking speed, Darth Sidious has to be attacked by an enemy. Whether that attack damages him or not is irrelevant, as the effect triggers either way. So seeing as no effect rely on Sidious being damaged, the evasion doesn't conflict with anything. It's just additional survivability for Sidious.
    Animations isn't soemthing I usually consider. So while it's a good question, I unfortunately don't have a good answer for it. Thank you for the reply and glad you seem to like it.