In Game Ads

2Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    If everyone would whale harder, they wouldn't need to.

Do we honestly think they have a choice to advertise for a parent company?

... parent company? Are you saying that Disney owns EA?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

... parent company? Are you saying that Disney owns EA?

No but the own the licensing for the IP, makes them just as much a parent to the project as EA is.
  • Didn’t mind it. Makes sense to me. It’s a big 2 months for Disney and Star Wars.

5 episodes in and loving the Mandalorian. Can’t wait for that content to be added.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I throughly enjoy the show dont get me wrong. It is probably my favorite show right now.

With that said. It was still wrong to advertise anything that could potentially remove revenue. All you did was lose 7+ bux a month that may have gone into your pocket CG.

Conclusively.. I enjoy the Mandalorian more than this game. So they did get my money and you didnt CG. I can enjoy this show for an entire year in exchange for the cost of less than 1 gear tier.

Offer me again another service not related to CG. I'll probably buy it and not your product because the value is better.
  • Funnier that we have an ad for it but arent getting any toons in the immediate future
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    omg we had to x out one ad for a show all of us (you, sigh) are probably watching on disney+ thisisanoutrage.jpg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Galaxy of Heroes has long had ads. The amount can be measured on one hand per year, generally for high-profile releases like new movies or video games.

This is not a bad sign. They've consistently kept the number of in-game ads to a trivially low level.

If you think this is a bad sign, go play a game that's actually ad driven and requires a dozen ads or more per day to fully engage in the game.
    Funnier that we have an ad for it but arent getting any toons in the immediate future
    They need material to work with before they can make a toon or even make plans.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Galaxy of Heroes has long had ads. The amount can be measured on one hand per year, generally for high-profile releases like new movies or video games.

This is not a bad sign. They've consistently kept the number of in-game ads to a trivially low level.

If you think this is a bad sign, go play a game that's actually ad driven and requires a dozen ads or more per day to fully engage in the game.

I don't like it, but I don't think it's a bad sign, yet. Just voicing my opinion.

You will have to refresh my memory on all of these ads you refer to. I don't remember any other pop up that wasn't directly tied to the game somehow. Those were, as you've stated, few and far between.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    solo, tlj iirc. few and far between. like how people can't even remember the last one ;-)
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    solo, tlj iirc. few and far between. like how people can't even remember the last one ;-)

....but it's worth complaining about

Like these Solo ones that are directly related to in game content?

zqbsted5a5uy.jpeg
    jihyvfcxwygh.png

Or this one from the TLJ timeframe that is also directly related to in game content?

7qfozhx3b1ua.jpeg

This is what I remember. I don't remember stand alone ads for the movies.

🤷‍♂️
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    idk. who cares
    idk. who cares

I do because I've played games with an abundance of pop up ads. I don't like them. Thus I posted my opinion that I don't like them.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    idk. who cares

I do because I've played games with an abundance of pop up ads. I don't like them. Thus I posted my opinion that I don't like them.

alright. I too am glad there is not an abundance of popups here. they are awful
    if I wait until the mando season is over, can I get the free week and binge them all? asking for a friend

Yes you can... but
    97b1aizcu7lw.jpg
  • Watching mandalorian episode every week has more content and action than in this game for whole 7 days.
    Little bit of sarcasm to ease up our weekend.
  • Yea Mandalorian so far is absolutely awesome.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Once upon a time they used these ads with YouTubers videos. CG was so evil to them.

Once upon a time they would only show ads for the YouTubers that promised not to cover StrikeForce....
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm sure things like this have been in the contract since the beginning, just to get the IP.

Haven't we seen this before for the movies too?

You could be right. I Wasn't being serious.

I couldn't help but hope it was part of a deal to get Mandalorian characters. Probabaly not related in any way, but we can hope.

I know I'm not the only one, but man am I shocked they didnt have plans to add him right after the show came out. Would have been a great opportunity to add a "generic" and generally useful character with a ship and then play the wait and see game for future additions.

Do you see how he is slowly getting armor upgrades. Weapon upgrades. While doing quests?

Just like a .... video game!

Don't be surprised to see this as a stand alone game. If CG hasn't been green lit to do this yet, that's where I'd be sending my prediction vibes.

If they do a Mandalorian game, I hope it is not mobile and I really hope they give it to a competent company. I am almost at the point of any dev other than CG.

I want a Mandalorian game. Especially with a baby Yoda!!!!!!

Can we get a baby yoda in this game though?

Just as long as his dark side is a gremlin.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    People are really complaining about this? Feels so trivial. The advertisements in this game occur from time to time, but not obtrusive at all as it is only occasionally, and this is the first time I can recall that it is not directly related to this game.

I think there are issues to bring up/discuss, but I don't see how this is an issue.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    People are really complaining about this? Feels so trivial. The advertisements in this game occur from time to time, but not obtrusive at all as it is only occasionally, and this is the first time I can recall that it is not directly related to this game.

I think there are issues to bring up/discuss, but I don't see how this is an issue.

Complaining about this is better than complaining about how someone else is able to solo phase 3 of hsith... just saying..