A disturbing discussion about TB

Replies

• Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I think if you go back and look at all the new "events" in SWGOH history you're going to see this pattern:

- The new shiny comes out
    - People come on the forums and cry bull-kitten on how difficult it is (and for once I can say justifiably so in the case of Geo LSTB)
    - Guild hopping begins for those that want the better rewards. Medium and growing/beginning guilds suffer. Big daddy guilds continue to pull away (No issue with that either. There's a reason why they are the Big daddy guild)
    - After the initial dumpster fires of Reddit/Forums dies down people start to figure out how to "beat" the new content
    - The medium and growing guilds either adapt to adjust or suffer death by bleeding their better players who leave for greener pastures
    - Beginner guilds still work on HPIT/HAAT and dream of completing T5 Sith raids in less than a week
    - What was considered ridiculous in the difficulty department (Hey I'm looking at you Phase 1 of HSITH) a couple of months later no longer looks like the red-headed step child that it was when it first came out
    - Rinse, add, repeat when the next shiny comes out

And I'll put my disclaimer in here now. Not being able to beat a single combat WAVE was an eye-opening experience for me. My best light sided team (JKR and company all at G12 with arena type mods) got curb-stomped that I was laughing my kitten off as I watched that battle unfold.

From a guild leader perspective it was obvious to me the direction I needed to take with LSTB. The rewards from LSTB (minus a crystal and GET I payout) are WAY better than a maxed out LS Hoth TB would give us. Adapt and overcome. That's been the name of this game since Day one. You either figure it out or you give up and accept it.

Many of us are here upset that this event gives a new definition of the word "hard". But you have to truly ask yourself. Weren't you thinking the SAME thing when HSITH came out. Weren't you thinking the same thing when DS Geo TB came out? I'll agree and say I DO think it's ridiculous that 95 percent of us likely can't complete a combat mission with LSTB right now. I can't defend that. What's the fun in hitting mass deploy and having your guild GP get the star? None other than it's the easiest time of the day for me (hit deploy and duty done).

I hate having to ask my guild to do something that just plain isn't fun right now. I'm all for a challenge. A Mount Everest challenge this seems to be now. But we're going to push forward and figure it out along with everyone else and try to have some fun in the meantime.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • I’m just not sure where everyone is thinking 10* rewards are so much better than maxing hoth. You’ll get 3000 less get2 and a lower prize box, but you’ll get 7-8000 more get1, 200 more crystals, and 50 shards for the shard shop. So in essence you’re losing out on 11 ship shards, but gaining a ton for gas, who may be useful in lsg. A couple hoth runs sound like a good break while you get your teams ready for lsg. If they’d scale the rewards we wouldn’t even be talking about going back to hoth.
  • My guild will be doing hoth. We're at 198mil gp and would like the achievement of maxing the tb. We're aware of what we could do in ls geo, but are choosing to do hoth because we figure the guys could do with a short break from chasing meta's, working yet more sqds (added to the sqds they're already working for ds geo), and to generally have fun playing a game again.
    It certainly isn't a protest and we will return to ls geo tb after maybe 2-4 hoth tb's.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno, you can try and spin this anyway you want but you are wrong. This event is wrong on so many levels. Gear 13 & relics just came out this year after gear 12 being the highest level for the first 3 years. DS geo is challenging, but you can get 3-4 rounds finished with a decent DR or Traya team, 2-3 rounds with NS or BH in the first 2 phases. And you do not even need relics to do so. Now for this LS geo you can't even pass 1 round in phase 1 with a fully maxed out relic'd 7 Revan, Padme or CLS team? How can you even compare. It is ludicrous to release something this hard that will take years for most to accomplish. You and your team are dead wrong! Please just admit it. At this point its not challenging, it's impossible for 99.9% of people playing this game. And you had the balls to keep the rewards the same!

Ps. I know you have stated that power of the toons don't always stick to the actual star wars universe. But to have droids that were tinker toys in the story line be able to take down jedi so easily is also ridiculous.

What am I trying to spin?

So you think it's not disturbing that guilds have to have the conversation about removing long time friends when new content comes they cant complete without changing around the guild?

Or the conversations they have when someone leaves a guild because they can get into a guild doing that content and dont want to wait for the current guild to catch up?

Neither of those sound like disturbing conversations for a guild to have to have?

That is what I said. I'm not trying to spin anything.

You were comparing this TB with previous releases and that is un-comparable. None of previous releases we so hard that maxed meta teams would not be able to finish first phase of any event or do serious progress there.

Not to mention that maxed teams designed for this event are destroyed in first round of phase 2. That is something that never happened before so there is no compassion with anything you released so far.

Which teams were designed for this event? And what strategy should they use?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I hate that CG closed both TBs because one was broken. We did Hoth, because of the pre-released requirements. My 190GP guild doesn’t have a single GAS, so we decided to do Hoth to help hoard and stockpile GET 1. I hope we do Hoth TB again so we can finally max Star it and get the GET 1.
  • I see a lot of comments comparing ls geo to hstr. Just my personal opinion, hstr was figured out and trivialized but it didn’t make playing p1 or p4 before dn is down fun. Bad design is bad design and remains that way even after figuring it out.
  • We are taking a vote and it's fairly close to a tie currently. We all know the rewards for geo are better, however the morale of the guild is important too. Also the achievement for maxing hoth, and just the chance to enjoy beating something and feeling powerful.
  • @ kyno mostly

I wasnt here when sith was first released,but i see it often mentioned as well.

My feelings are games should move forward,not being constantly compared to old content,if sith heroic made guilds disband and ppl quit,it shoudnt be that way all the time.If devs make content that make guilds disband or ppl quit,then i dont see why this should continue to be a norm,it shoudnt be for like a year ago.

Devs should make content thats enjoyable by everyone and not couse any issues with the longevity and the Health population of the game.As it is with this tb,its a very very bad game design and shoudnt continue to be like that.Break the old habits,make fun content for us.

• Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno, you can try and spin this anyway you want but you are wrong. This event is wrong on so many levels. Gear 13 & relics just came out this year after gear 12 being the highest level for the first 3 years. DS geo is challenging, but you can get 3-4 rounds finished with a decent DR or Traya team, 2-3 rounds with NS or BH in the first 2 phases. And you do not even need relics to do so. Now for this LS geo you can't even pass 1 round in phase 1 with a fully maxed out relic'd 7 Revan, Padme or CLS team? How can you even compare. It is ludicrous to release something this hard that will take years for most to accomplish. You and your team are dead wrong! Please just admit it. At this point its not challenging, it's impossible for 99.9% of people playing this game. And you had the balls to keep the rewards the same!

Ps. I know you have stated that power of the toons don't always stick to the actual star wars universe. But to have droids that were tinker toys in the story line be able to take down jedi so easily is also ridiculous.

So you think it's not disturbing that guilds have to have the conversation about removing long time friends when new content comes they cant complete without changing around the guild?

Or the conversations they have when someone leaves a guild because they can get into a guild doing that content and dont want to wait for the current guild to catch up?

Neither of those sound like disturbing conversations for a guild to have to have?

You were comparing this TB with previous releases and that is un-comparable. None of previous releases we so hard that maxed meta teams would not be able to finish first phase of any event or do serious progress there.

Not to mention that maxed teams designed for this event are destroyed in first round of phase 2. That is something that never happened before so there is no compassion with anything you released so far.

How about the mission that required GAS and Ahsoka only, and squads that had both at R7 still weren’t able to complete?
  • We're going back to LS Hoth for a little while. It's no fun at all to just deploy resources for 6 days

We've also lost 1 player due to ls geo TB, and will possibly lose 1 more.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I dont think this conversation is any more disturbing than the other times new content is released and the conversation revolves around breaking up long term groups of people to push to do higher tiers.

From a rewards perspective though, you would have to be fairly low GP for there to be any benefit to do Hoth vs LS Geo, from a rewards perspective at least.

For once a new tb is not breaking up guilds, unless you are talking about breaking their moral and enjoyment/entertainment.

TB is broken and deterring players from engaging in it.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    edited December 2019

Go back to when the Sith raid was released, there was the same sentiment about fun.

I was very careful to speak only to rewards, because as we all know, we all have different perspectives on what is fun. No one can tell others what is fun, we can only speak to our own perspective.

"We all have different perspectives on fun" please anyone that finds me someone who finds it fun, genuinely fun, to just deploy and get low amount but higher tier rewards that barely make much of a scratch on anything let alone a single toon. Anyone that actually has fun doing that needs their brain fixing and shown what fun is supposed to be and that they have very low expectations in life.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Those saying you’re at a loss maxing hoth over doing 9 stars are forgetting how much more get1 you get to put towards GaS which in turn helps you just as much as maxing your negotiator. Perspective

Yeah, it boils down to whether you prefer gaining an extra 3 k GET (Hoth) and actually play the TB, or an extra 3k GET mk II and just deploy right away.
  • Are you actually playing hoth though? If your guild has 60m in ships, you can deploy to full stars (no different than ls geo besides number of stars). If you have 115m in chars, you don't have to do a single fight until day 4(phase 4 needs ~30fights completed, phase 5: ~95, 6:~127). Ls geo only has 4 phases so that's almost the same number of phases where you don't need to do anything but deploy.
    I think the real question is, do you and your guild value the 3000 GET 1 or the 3000 GET 2 more?
  • The GET 1 Gain for hoth TB is a lot higher than people are suggesting, you are forgetting there is GET1 available from the special missions the maximum GET from hoth TB is over 12,000,
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    I dont think this conversation is any more disturbing than the other times new content is released and the conversation revolves around breaking up long term groups of people to push to do higher tiers.

From a rewards perspective though, you would have to be fairly low GP for there to be any benefit to do Hoth vs LS Geo, from a rewards perspective at least.

For once a new tb is not breaking up guilds, unless you are talking about breaking their moral and enjoyment/entertainment.

TB is broken and deterring players from engaging in it.

I am talking about the disturbing conversation that happened when other new content broke up guilds, vs the disturbing conversation that is mentioned by the OP. They are very equally disturbing and not uncommon for these types of conversations and choices to come up when new content comes I to the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fixer wrote: »

Go back to when the Sith raid was released, there was the same sentiment about fun.

I was very careful to speak only to rewards, because as we all know, we all have different perspectives on what is fun. No one can tell others what is fun, we can only speak to our own perspective.

"We all have different perspectives on fun" please anyone that finds me someone who finds it fun, genuinely fun, to just deploy and get low amount but higher tier rewards that barely make much of a scratch on anything let alone a single toon. Anyone that actually has fun doing that needs their brain fixing and shown what fun is supposed to be and that they have very low expectations in life.

For one example, I dont find the DS Geo TB to fun. We managed 27 stars at the start and from there all we do is wait and build GP to gain the rest. The is no real challenge and the special missions are on lock down after the team is built. There was little "development path".

DS is a swing too far the other way, but still needed to be more on that side of pendulum
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Youve played 1 phase once!!! How does anyone know they dont like it? Change teams, change mods but for crying out loud, give it a chance.
  • 230+ guild here. A few of us haven’t got the Hoth achievement for full stars, so we’ll go back to Hoth one last time. Also able to get some shards we’ll convert in the shard shop.
  • leef wrote: »
    I'm with @RandomSithLord on this one. Hurting your own guild in terms of rewards to send a message to the devs will most likely not have the desired effect, so you'll end up just hurting your own guild.
    In terms of "fun" there's not a lot between the two for me personally. For Geo i can atleast try to get some extra points for my guild, for Hoth i just skip most combat missions because we will get max stars anyway.

Either one you choose, it’s just “deploy and done”.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member

For one example, I dont find the DS Geo TB to fun. We managed 27 stars at the start and from there all we do is wait and build GP to gain the rest. The is no real challenge and the special missions are on lock down after the team is built. There was little "development path".

DS is a swing too far the other way, but still needed to be more on that side of pendulum

Not sure if mine will hide previous quotes like yours did, what you've just said reinforces my point though, even you don't enjoy waiting and deploying for any more stars.

It's a solid thick dump clogging someone's design choice when it doesn't strike them to make a realistic guild GP qualification and reccomendations or to make their efforts there in any shape correct, make it so that 1st wave of 1st phase is beatable with tactics, good mods and a bit of RNG maybe at gear 12. No guild at 100mill GP is likely to have anyone let alone each player owning a relic 7 toon. It's just not realistic.

The 1st waves could've been scaled way better and still kept many stars and progress "endgame content" and unreachable or attainable by anyone at this point. IMHO no one that had any power in the decision making process had any thoughts or deep thinking/profitable thinking put into this TB and it shows in the scenario here being all the lower down guilds begging to themselves that the big guilds boycott so that it can at least have so kind of linear progression to it.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Youve played 1 phase once!!! How does anyone know they dont like it? Change teams, change mods but for crying out loud, give it a chance.

Change teams? LMAO your funny... change to what teams? The other Jedi not kitted to deal with that TB or the team of secret legendaries who actually double in power at relic 7 compared to the padme team? They know they don't like it when even the closest you can be to complete on a character these days doesn't garuntee 1 wave of enemies to be beaten and not destroyed by...

Did you try any battles or are you trolling?
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Padme and 501 clones (GAS or Shaak-ti lead). These were only teams i saw do some progress in P1, some even managed to clear 4/4. But then they died at 0/4 or if super lucky on 1/4 in P2. These are teams that got reworks and were released as Galactic republics, they have the GR heroes of this TB. So they are designed to work for this event, still can do almost nothing in phase 2.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not sure if mine will hide previous quotes like yours did, what you've just said reinforces my point though, even you don't enjoy waiting and deploying for any more stars.

It's a solid thick dump clogging someone's design choice when it doesn't strike them to make a realistic guild GP qualification and reccomendations or to make their efforts there in any shape correct, make it so that 1st wave of 1st phase is beatable with tactics, good mods and a bit of RNG maybe at gear 12. No guild at 100mill GP is likely to have anyone let alone each player owning a relic 7 toon. It's just not realistic.

The 1st waves could've been scaled way better and still kept many stars and progress "endgame content" and unreachable or attainable by anyone at this point. IMHO no one that had any power in the decision making process had any thoughts or deep thinking/profitable thinking put into this TB and it shows in the scenario here being all the lower down guilds begging to themselves that the big guilds boycott so that it can at least have so kind of linear progression to it.

I dont mind it if I have other things to work on that effect the mode. If I have teams I can build to do better in missions and that will in the end add to my GP, great. But once all the teams are lined up and going 4/4 and the first 2-3 phases dont even need all the combat missions, it starts to lose its luster.

DS side hit that too quick IMO.

I absolutely agree that 1, this TB needed difficulty, and that this is too much. But by no means that mean I would suggest or recommend not doing it u less the rewards are really hands down better in the other way.

Also, I think this is an odd situation that many players are not used to. There are many game modes where the players in this situation (getting crushed very early) is a small percentage. This time it's a huge portion....
  • Kyno wrote: »

I dont mind it if I have other things to work on that effect the mode. If I have teams I can build to do better in missions and that will in the end add to my GP, great. But once all the teams are lined up and going 4/4 and the first 2-3 phases dont even need all the combat missions, it starts to lose its luster.

DS side hit that too quick IMO.

I absolutely agree that 1, this TB needed difficulty, and that this is too much. But by no means that mean I would suggest or recommend not doing it u less the rewards are really hands down better in the other way.

Also, I think this is an odd situation that many players are not used to. There are many game modes where the players in this situation (getting crushed very early) is a small percentage. This time it's a huge portion....

I think a lot of ppl are also angry that the TB rewards does not correspond with the difficulty at all. So for most of us, it is like slowing progressions together with making less stuff to do in the game. (Here goes easing the gearing to g12)

I understand that rewards from boxes have additional relic material compared to Geo DS, but GET/GET2 rewards are like 3 star better then DS while most guilds are getting less than 1/2 of stars they can get in Geo DS.

My guild 150mil GP can get 17-18 in geo DS. But here it will be 7-8 if we pretty much stay only in 1st phase (1st and 2nd for ships) for all 4 days.
  • My wife and I haven't taken this to our guild yet, but as casual players we've been talking about wanting to go back to Hoth TB for a few weeks. You play a game first and foremost for fun and the new TB, while good for progression, is not fun. It's not fun to watch characters you've worked on for four years get one-shotted after one round of pitiful attacks against B1s.
    Hoth TB was a good balance of strategy and endurance, it brought the guild together in a positive way rather than how Geonosis has brought them together to discuss potentially quitting the game.
    We're going to mention it when the TB vote drops in Discord next week, see what the response is. End of the day, this is a game not a job, I've got one of those already and I don't need another one that doesn't pay
  • I don’t know why they don’t just introduce tiers like they have in Raids. Hard and Insane difficulties (for example), surely that way people could access the new content at an easier level. Perhaps save the special mission toons for just the hardest level and obviously rewards would scale too, but it seems to be a good compromise.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

How about the mission that required GAS and Ahsoka only, and squads that had both at R7 still weren’t able to complete?

mods? strats?
    Gifafi wrote: »

Padme and 501 clones (GAS or Shaak-ti lead). These were only teams i saw do some progress in P1, some even managed to clear 4/4. But then they died at 0/4 or if super lucky on 1/4 in P2. These are teams that got reworks and were released as Galactic republics, they have the GR heroes of this TB. So they are designed to work for this event, still can do almost nothing in phase 2.

yeah, and I think modding and strats will play a role when people figure it out
    Xlor1 wrote: »

Change teams? LMAO your funny... change to what teams? The other Jedi not kitted to deal with that TB or the team of secret legendaries who actually double in power at relic 7 compared to the padme team? They know they don't like it when even the closest you can be to complete on a character these days doesn't garuntee 1 wave of enemies to be beaten and not destroyed by...

Did you try any battles or are you trolling?

you have two sets of maxed jedi? I don't believe you

rtt: chexmix deathstorm AniNS hsth, vader-L v rancor, teebo rancor, vaderL cls bb8 tankraid, etc. People will develop new ideas and strategies imo. I mean, they already said they aren't changing difficulty so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    You cant figure out a strategy when you click enter and die before moving