Speculation for New Galactic Legends Unlock Requirements

Prev134
Col_Janson
49 posts Member
edited December 2019
With the new Galactic Legends characters of Rey and Kylo Ren being announced the question is... exactly how will they be unlocked?

At the moment we have multiple "event" type characters out there.

Legendary: 5* unlocks with specific factions
Journey: 7* unlocks with specific named characters
Epic Confrontation: 5* unlocks with multiple specific named characters
TB Specific Mission: ROLO, IPD, Wat, KAM
GETMk1: HYoda, Wampa, Remaining shards for Malak and GAS
GETMk2: Negotiator, Malevolence
Achievement: Darth Vader

They had talked about, what feels like ages ago, adding in more ways to unlock characters. I feel this definitely falls into that category.

Which leads to my speculation...

I believe the GL Reylo will be unlocked after a quest line is completed. You will have to work on specific milestones in-game that will be checked off and then you will unlock them. What those milestones are... who knows. Maybe getting the whole Resistance and First Order factions to a certain gear requirement or perhaps just merely unlocking them all?

Replies

• 25000 power required per character
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    My excitement over this announcement immediately got overshadowed with, “Will it be a 7 star unlock? If not, how to get the rest?”
  • I have no inside information here (i.e. I haven't read anything online or seen the released script) so purely speculation, but
    If Kylo ends up being redeemed/saved by Rey in the movie, maybe we will get a Jedi Knight Kylo and Jedi Master Rey?!

Very excited about this and the Journey Guide in general, but also apprehensive about how we're going to unlock/ 7 * them. I imagine it will be incredibly difficult, but I like the idea of having to complete a series of always available quests to do it
  • Col_Janson
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It may very well be another 7* unlock, but hopefully somehow different mechanics. Not just some kind of massive power need like R7 needed to gain entry.
  • I would guess that it's the end of a quest line, and might even require obtaining all previous legendaries.

In which case I'll finally have to farm for the Revans :(
  • At some point the just gonna throw in the towel and be honest

You need to have an account that has spent $1,000 to unlock Rey

$5,000 lifetime spending on account to unlock Kylo

Then stop messing around with 3 or 5 star unlocks and just make them 7 star relic 7 unlocks.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    My favorite part of the post was "to avoid spoilers, these aren't the final names of these characters"

Great. So in avoiding a spoiler, we sorta got a spoiler that their names are changing in the movies.
  • Lio wrote: »
    My favorite part of the post was "to avoid spoilers, these aren't the final names of these characters"

Great. So in avoiding a spoiler, we sorta got a spoiler that their names are changing in the movies.

Well obviously Kylo Ren is named Ben Solo
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Lio wrote: »

I think they meant like the distinguishing title like “Jedi Rey” might be a spoiler or “Kylo Ren (Crying inside)”

Imagine revealing CLS is now Jedi Luke... obvious but could be considered a spoiler to some
  • TaviRus wrote: »
    25000 power required per character

nah they all need 40,000 power. 25000 is too easy
  • Lio wrote: »

i think its more like they dont want to confrim if rey becomes a true jedi or maybe something else. just like kylo will or will not be a sith....

but really we all know kylo's new name should be: Kylo Ren (remasked) lol
  • Full stars on all TBs will be prerequisite.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »

i think its more like they dont want to confrim if rey becomes a true jedi or maybe something else. just like kylo will or will not be a sith....

but really we all know kylo's new name should be: Kylo Ren (remasked) lol
    JJ Abrams is the director. The guy doesn't have one original bone in his body.
    I think we can be sure Rey will become a Jedi and Kylo will likely get redeemed when confronting Darth Sidious/Emperor.

Anyway, i fully expect we are going to need R7 characters for this...
  • In further thinking about it, my deeper guess is that it will be 4* unlock via achievements in the Journey Guide. And then further achievements will reward the additional shards needed to get them to 7*.
  • Having started the game this summer, and based on the requirements of what they've released since, I'm going to speculate that I may as well not even concern myself with them.

Ask me again in a couple of years, then we can talk.
  • Cant wait for Ben Solo and his lightsaber to turn white :neutral:
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Mitch08
    300 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    R7 resistance and R7 FO teams will be required to unlock them at 5*.
  • Imagine the possibilities on GL Rey
    If ally tico is r7, instantly defeat any toon(unaffected by taunt/stealth)

Best option will still be to defeat tico, cause she's terrible
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I honestly see this going one of two routes.

Route 1: The Pessimistic Veteran Route - The requirements for these events will be harder than current legendaries and journey type events, but not epic confrontation requirements. Unlocks like a legendary character and requires G12+ for a 5 star unlock and R5-6 for 7 stars for the average player.

Route 2: The main emphasis of the whole Journey Guide thing is to make it easier to guide new players and help them access fan favorite character found in the legendary/journey event. CG may be expecting an influx of new players based off the hopeful success for Rise of Skywalker and these two Galactic Legends characters are meant to help them with the game. Maybe they unlock at 5 stars doing the new Quest accompanying the system, but it takes them awhile before the 6-7 star unlock.
  • I just hate that the first two “Galactic Legends” are these two. A whiny brat bad guy and a can-do-nothing-wrong good girl. Ugh
  • The Journey Guide is aimed at newer players, helping them unlock legendary/journey/epic characters that have been around for awhile. The post says the Journey Guide is the path to unlocking the new galactic legend characters. Seems pretty clear it's going to be something like owning all the Journey Guide characters at 7 stars to unlock them or owning all the LS ones at 7 stars to unlock Rey and all the DS ones at 7 stars to unlock Kylo or something like that. Highly doubtful it's going to be a questline to unlock them as that's not really what the Journey Guide is about. That sounds like wishful thinking more than anything. Whether these are 7 star unlocks or you have to do other stuff or use GET or something to star them up is a big question mark though.
  • I'd imagine new legendaries are coming, so making it based on having all legendaries will generate complaints from newer players.
    "How come I have two more legendaries to acquire the legends compared to so-and-so who started 4 years ago?"
    I'm thinking a quest line or achievement that resonates with the character is far more likely.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I'm gonna just not worry about it since nobody here has any real info and they'll tell us at some point.

Wild, I know.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• MADMAN3199
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Requirements are probably too high for me to ever bother getting Rey or Kylo, especially if it involves having resistance or FO toons, not that I would anyway the new movie will probably contradict something George Lucas has said and I’ll be done with Disney

EDIT:Also why is it not Luke, anakin, yoda or vader etc. would be way better choices than the millennial sith and Jedi
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm gonna just not worry about it since nobody here has any real info and they'll tell us at some point.

Wild, I know.

that's how I feel for each new release lol.
  • They are end game characters. Only unlockable by logging in every day for 7 years.
    ‘We wanted to give you something to strive for and look forward to but have no one be able to complete in the near future.’
  • The rate they are going with this stuff it will probably require Relic 7 just to enter the challenge. But not relic 7 on useful characters like Finn it JTR, instead it will require Relic 7 on Rose, Holdo, and Resistance Pilot, then require some random team that doesn't make sense to fit the forcing non-synergy teams so like, KRU lead with Vet Chewy, 3p0, EP, and some other random character like Tusken Raider, all also requiring relic 7, then require something completely irrelevant to the character too, like require 7* Melevolance with a team of resistance pilots and FO tie fighter.

Then you tier 4 will be entering your credit card to unlock a special key to unlock the tier. The tier will then require you to face toons that will completely one shot your entire relic 7 team and then just claim "oh you just don't have the strategy, even though strategy has 0 to do with it since they wipe out 3 toons before you even have a turn despite at least one of your toons having 300+ speed." With a final button at the end that you can click on to re-enter your credit card for a $199.99 to instantly unlock it at 7* because content needs to be more accessible to people!
  • Sounds a little far fetched Ssj4tim.
    The $199.99 will only unlock at 6 star then they will add another bottleneck that’s takes months to get the 7* because they have no idea what to do next now that they keep making every new op character more ridiculous than the last.