Hux is missing the Fleet Commander tag

Is this going to be corrected?

Replies

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    He's also missing his second special... the one thats showing is Sith Trooper's 2nd special.
  • Grievous is missing the Fleet Commander tag, and he's actually confirmed to be a Fleet Commander. Has there been confirmation of a Cap Ship for Hux?
  • unless hux was confirmed to have a ship hes not missing it

• Wont it be an issue with 2 characters with the same name? Sith trooper.
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    Wont it be an issue with 2 characters with the same name? Sith trooper.

Theyre changing the OR Sith Trooper's name to Sith Empire Trooper, though Imperial Sith Trooper would have been better

The Sith Trooper we currently have in game is going to be called Sith Empire Trooper.
  • So they are changing name ok

Old one gets renamed to Sith Empire Trooper.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Grievous is missing the Fleet Commander tag, and he's actually confirmed to be a Fleet Commander. Has there been confirmation of a Cap Ship for Hux?

Where did they state that Hux will have a capital ship? I mean it is utter bollocks not to give us a FO-capital ship... we have too few synergistically squads in fleet... this will turn into a ship discussion XD

Out of all the factions:
    2 Empire (legendary, and normal farm)
    2 galactic republic (get2 wall, and normal farm)
    1 separatis (get2 wall)
    1 Rebel (normal farm)

Where are other major ones? Raddus (if ever... make it Leia led, not Kamikaze ****, purple witch Holdo.... I mean she must be a witch if she can make impossible manouvers possible)
    Where are the Resurgent-class Star Destroyers?

Imperial Navy? Rebel squads instead of heroes only? Get some love to the backbone! (And PLEASE don‘t ever add an abomination like the BTL Y-wing again...you butchered my favorite ship design out of the whole Star Wars franchise... pilotless... *facepalm*
    -> if you feel like you have to leave out an integral part of a established design:

1. you‘re fighting symptoms but not the real issue
    2. you left lore (like Holdo) somewhere in a ditch to die (WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT CHANGED THE WHOLE SHIP SKIN, BECAUSE IT WAS THE WRONG SHIP? GAUNTLET... LOOKING AT YOU!)

The problem with "useless" pilots is not that they need to be farmed and geared. It‘s because they have no other purpose in the game...
    I repeat my suggestion once more:
    Make single toons captains of more than one ship... Clone Sgt for example... best example. Why can‘t we have him Pilot BTL Y-wing and the ARC Fighter? It‘s a generic clone Sgt.... there are 100s if not 1000s that are identical

1. You‘d keep lore
    2. Toons like Clone Sgt would have an incentive to be geared and farmed (2 ships are boosted by him as pilot)
    3. You could differentiate between heroes and "generic" ships. Hero‘s perform better, but with a single generic pilot you can boost half a fleet instead to the max. This gives generics an edge at the beginning, but heroes -individually- outperform generics
    4. You can still release special forces classes (SF FO TIE Fighter Pilot... why not SF TiE Fighters?)
  • They aren't going to give Hux a fleet commander tag until they release a FO capital ship, which should be one of the two capital ships referenced in the Q&A.
  • After you watch the new movie you will understand why he doesnt have the tag.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • No ship, no tag! Tags can be added later if needed.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    After you watch the new movie you will understand why he doesnt have the tag.
    World wide release Dec. 20.... what are you trying to tell me? And no matter what... he can be the version of Hux from episode 7 or 8... commanding ships in both... -_-
  • Cossin wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    World wide release Dec. 20.... what are you trying to tell me? And no matter what... he can be the version of Hux from episode 7 or 8... commanding ships in both... -_-

I just read he is based on Episode 7
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Grievous is missing the Fleet Commander tag, and he's actually confirmed to be a Fleet Commander. Has there been confirmation of a Cap Ship for Hux?

Make single toons captains of more than one ship... Clone Sgt for example... best example. Why can‘t we have him Pilot BTL Y-wing and the ARC Fighter? It‘s a generic clone Sgt.... there are 100s if not 1000s that are identical

Crewless ships are balanced to have similar stats as a ship with a single relic 7 pilot currently, as mentioned in the last two Q&As. they also said in the dev insights on Malevolence they think it would be interesting for a pilot to fit in multiple ships, but they need additional tech for it.
  • Cweneldic wrote: »
    Cossin wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Crewless ships are balanced to have similar stats as a ship with a single relic 7 pilot currently, as mentioned in the last two Q&As. they also said in the dev insights on Malevolence they think it would be interesting for a pilot to fit in multiple ships, but they need additional tech for it.

Yes, indeed. I read that too. Maybe I did not express my thoughts well enough. It was ab bit of ranting, sorry. I am not opposed against crewless ships. It is perfect for ships like the droid ships. (Theoretically you could argue, that there could be a ship ai as non-playable character that you could upgrade, but yes: no crew fits perfectly!).
    Yet, they always stated: crew is an important, integral part of ships. That‘s why they hesitated with droids for so long AFAIR.
    It is simply not fitting neither design nor lore, that the Y-wing is crewless.

And while I do see some problems with them being designed to scale with r7-crew ships, they also stated that crew ships still have an edge.
    As long as there won‘t be a future line of generic crewless ships I don‘t care about some droid ships or wherever it is fitting. But come on... a Y-wing? That‘s usually a pilot, a gunner and an astromech.... it just makes no sense. And to this point, I am being honest, this annoys me more than any big or problem we encounter. In my opinion it shows that there are problems with the base design of ships... that‘s why I keep proposing multi-ship crews (for generic ships).

TIE pilot could for example pilot TIE Fighter, -Bomber, -Interceptor, etc. and it wouldn‘t be unfitting at all.

• Ranting happens lol. There's times I've had to rant myself.
    I agree that it would be cutting, and maybe it'll happen one day when they have the tech.
    Until then though they'd have to add a new generic character for each generic ship that people would have to star and gear for the generic ship to be useful. That is a deal breaker for me since I'm still focused on getting the legendaries and stuff
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them go in and remove generic pilots from the existing ships and make them crewless though. Imo this would be more fitting since generic pilots aren't as effective as named ones. Then they can add more ties and stuff and make them effective still.

An astromech is capable of flying ships by themselves so the ywing not having a pilot or Gunner isn't necessarily out of the question. You see R2 piloting Luke's xwing on both and a generic astromech with Obi-Wan's fighter on Utapau for example. I'm pretty sure there was an episode in clone wars where the ywing was flown by astro only as well, but I'd have to go hunt it down.
  • Cweneldic wrote: »
    Ranting happens lol. There's times I've had to rant myself.
    I agree that it would be cutting, and maybe it'll happen one day when they have the tech.
    Until then though they'd have to add a new generic character for each generic ship that people would have to star and gear for the generic ship to be useful. That is a deal breaker for me since I'm still focused on getting the legendaries and stuff
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them go in and remove generic pilots from the existing ships and make them crewless though. Imo this would be more fitting since generic pilots aren't as effective as named ones. Then they can add more ties and stuff and make them effective still.

An astromech is capable of flying ships by themselves so the ywing not having a pilot or Gunner isn't necessarily out of the question. You see R2 piloting Luke's xwing on both and a generic astromech with Obi-Wan's fighter on Utapau for example. I'm pretty sure there was an episode in clone wars where the ywing was flown by astro only as well, but I'd have to go hunt it down.

Well, our said it yourself: "astromech piloted" ;-p
    But in all honesty: I do not see the "we need the tech to make it possible part". It should be simple linking in the database. Ships x,y and z draw crew numbers from entry #23, show picture of #23 in the pilot animation or something like that. If we can have crewless ships, multi-pilot ships should be possible with the same tech.
    Cweneldic wrote: »

But in all honesty: I do not see the "we need the tech to make it possible part". It should be simple linking in the database. Ships x,y and z draw crew numbers from entry #23, show picture of #23 in the pilot animation or something like that. If we can have crewless ships, multi-pilot ships should be possible with the same tech.

Yeah that could work if it is a database for base game data- not all will be. I'm curious about what they mean by tech exactly though.
    At this point I'm almost wondering if it would be easier for them to go in and basically create a new version of the game and then just copy that into the live version rather than trying to make everything fit together
  • No one really cares.
  • No one really cares.

You seem very passionate about not caring, coming to a thread you don‘t care about and posting that you don‘t care. But hey, I‘m not one to judge here :-3

Yeah that could work if it is a database for base game data- not all will be. I'm curious about what they mean by tech exactly though.
    At this point I'm almost wondering if it would be easier for them to go in and basically create a new version of the game and then just copy that into the live version rather than trying to make everything fit together

Well, I‘m no game dev nor do I have massive insight in programming. I just assume, that there is some kind of data base, from which the game draws numbers and modifiers in order to give us real time damage calculations on a click. I‘d assume there is a lot more going on on the sides, but the basic principle probably is when you push a button is something like (very simplified):
    Entry #21 "Death Trooper" = Basic damage value vs. entry #12 "Storm Trooper" health value.
    Reduce damage value #21 by defense value #12, reduced by % armor penetration = damage X.
    Reduce #12 health value by damage value X

Similarity, I‘d assume that ships draw the crew bonus from some data base that is linked to this one entry. Maybe there would be a problem if crew would be dealt damage behind the scenes too. But if crew only adds to the ships numbers and the ship is seen as its own entry when calculating things, I see no reason why it shouldn‘t work.
    Crewless ships should work the same way, just that their base values are higher because they do not draw from crew members when calculating things. Presumably, not using crew and using crew to increase ship stats should make no difference whether a ship is linked to one more more entries as long as they are an entry by themselves ...

I think XD
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Seems very probable he will get a capital ship in the future sometimes.
  • Pilots vs no pilots seems like it will provide a huge advantage... maybe not right now but when relic 15 and 30 drops it will...
  • Pilots vs no pilots seems like it will provide a huge advantage... maybe not right now but when relic 15 and 30 drops it will...

if relic cap increases, they stated they'd also adjust the crewless ship stats to keep up; that was also in the latest Q&A.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

I just read he is based on Episode 7

Thank goodness. Ep 8 Hux was reduced to a yo momma joke because, you know, unexpected. :D
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.