Episode 9 content - How are you preparing?

Replies

• After TLJ train wreck I’m not.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    So from the Q & A yesterday, it appears they are going to be releasing less than 10 new characters.

If you are hoarding, good luck. Better start by farming Kyros exclusively.

Ships. I have a feeling that there is going to be a significant portion dedicated to ships.

If there is a legendary or hero journey, I wouldn't be surprised to see ships as a part of it.

Make sure all Resistance, and First order ships are 7 star and - near 41k power.

That 41k comes from the needed GP from the GAS event. But things may change.

Seeing the Empire might be back. Best to make sure your empire ships are up to snuff as well.

I have Emperor Palpatine to G13 R4 right now. I did so thinking, he's not off limits in all of this. Neither is Royal guard. But I'm holding off on him.

Get ready to farm Marquee characters quickly.

We don't know if there will be a new Rey, or a new kylo. Or perhaps they plan on releasing Relic abilities through the heroic, legendary event. If there is one.

Remember that video talking about relics, and specifically the unlocking a new ability and they showed a picture of Rey's relic doing just that? Since I haven't heard anything on the relic abilities. Who knows.

With the movie coming out on the 20th in the US. And it being the 5th.... that only leaves 2 weeks or so..

Time crunch. We can track back in road aheads and Q & A's that they've been working on E9 content for a while.

They also indicated they plan to keep going with E9 and related content for the next 2 months.

If I had to venture a guess, Id' say they're running behind a bit. I bet they wanted to release their 1st Marquees this week. But - TB and issues might be holding that back. Who knows.

But time is running out to keep even modestly in line with their previously anticipated timelines.
  • I'm pretty sure the two next capital ships will be Hux's and Holdo's with a special kamikaze attack for Holdo wich destroyes the enemy capital ship!
  • It’ll be interesting. I assume there will be a new meta come out of Ep 9. Captain Marvel Jedi Master Mary Sue or something, but it won’t matter to me as a F2P player. A coal company exec has a better chance of dating Greta Thunberg than I do of being ready for the next wave of Ubermensch coming from CG
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Would love a Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and his KoR but I am sure we will get redeemed Ben Solo and Rey Skywalker instead.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Rose tico resistance trooper and she will be more powerful than Mace... book it.
  • She probably is better than mace already if anyone has her g13.... Mace the worst mistake CG has made..... REWORK
  • Theres no reason to plan. You just hoard until they drop requirements
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Since I hate crystal hoarding to the level that I don't farm, I gear hoard towards it.

dwgoiqtty638.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited December 2019
  • When they said less than 10 releases for ths E9 and related content. And the login reward being Kylo unmasked.

I got to thinking the knights of Ren....

I do hope D-O, the new droid will be released. Maybe wishful thinking.

I'm thinking they were given a list of characters they could use.

The little goblin like thing that can re program any droid and who looks to be fixing Kylo's helmet, and programming c 3 po, might be a useful character for a game like this.

Of Course Veteran smuggler Lando. And I heard Lando's daughter is in this movie too. Could she be a bounty hunter or a scoundrel?

They listed Hux and Sith Trooper Part deux.

• Usually you use one faction to unlock their counter, right? So Kylo Ren would be needed for Rey Skywalker.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Usually you use one faction to unlock their counter, right? So Kylo Ren would be needed for Rey Skywalker.

That's the way it used to be. The way it has been lately we need two factions (LS/DS) to unlock the next big thing. But maybe that was just a Revan thing ... and a Malak thing ...
    Expect THREE factions needed for the newest next big thing. All g13.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Usually you use one faction to unlock their counter, right? So Kylo Ren would be needed for Rey Skywalker.

That's the way it used to be. The way it has been lately we need two factions (LS/DS) to unlock the next big thing. But maybe that was just a Revan thing ... and a Malak thing ...

Let's not forget about event types. If I remember correctly they said in last q/a no new malak type was planned in immediate future. This makes me think Rey's journey will indeed end with a malak type but after they go through marquess and legs from the new movie. And assuming GAS will return mid feb, march/april would fit that bill.
  • I already told my kids that Santa is not happy with them and probably won't be bringing them any presents this Christmas. The money I'm not spending on their presents is how I'm preparing for new episode 9 panic farming.

U r so cruel but funny :)

• This is the way.
  • As a player that started over the summer, I'm not preparing for it. Its just a coincidence that I'm working on First Order and Resistance right now. I'm not F2P, but the simple fact is that as I look at the requirements they're pushing lately, they're going to lock me out of the best units for at least a couple of years. By the time I'm going to be ready for those units, they'll be obsolete anyway, so there's no real point in trying.
  • You need to gear up your Visas.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    BB1180 wrote: »
    As a player that started over the summer, I'm not preparing for it. Its just a coincidence that I'm working on First Order and Resistance right now. I'm not F2P, but the simple fact is that as I look at the requirements they're pushing lately, they're going to lock me out of the best units for at least a couple of years. By the time I'm going to be ready for those units, they'll be obsolete anyway, so there's no real point in trying.

When being severely behind, you can aim for the next thing, i.e. hoard assuming fo/rez will be needed for it. Toons don't get obsolote as much as you think though, they just cease to be arena meta which is not the only reason you'll need them.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    No_Try wrote: »

Let's not forget about event types. If I remember correctly they said in last q/a no new malak type was planned in immediate future. This makes me think Rey's journey will indeed end with a malak type but after they go through marquess and legs from the new movie. And assuming GAS will return mid feb, march/april would fit that bill.

I'm not sure we're ready for another 5 star unlock from a Malak style event. They can't put another character in the GET store can they?

If they maintain the 7 star heroic journey unlock - it would be a way to save face and possibly move off the GET store characters going forward.

I am more along the lines of thinking we'll get a more robust version of events that we had to get Jedi Training Rey.

Who knows. I'm very curious as I believe the new guy was to be making his Mark at this starting point. Pun intended.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

I'm not sure we're ready for another 5 star unlock from a Malak style event. They can't put another character in the GET store can they?

If they maintain the 7 star heroic journey unlock - it would be a way to save face and possibly move off the GET store characters going forward.

I am more along the lines of thinking we'll get a more robust version of events that we had to get Jedi Training Rey.

Who knows. I'm very curious as I believe the new guy was to be making his Mark at this starting point. Pun intended.

Yeah they can't get1 anymore stuff immediately, they said they won't for what it's worth. We'll probably get leg/hero journey's for a bit that's on par difficulty as GAS, maybe even more relic needs. But even that would be easier than GAS due to total amount of things needed.
  • Resistance are complete trash at the moment, so I've been farming FOST to finish out the 'ideal' FO team. Thats about it.
  • Well there we go, confirmation that Rey & Kylo are coming to the game as a new type of character: Galactic Legends. They said this designation is reserved for "some of the most famous & powerful characters in the galaxy," which engages my hyperdrive to MAX hype/arousal levels, but also makes me fear & tremble at what the requirements might be for such an event. It... could be almost literally anything. Which is both intriguing & terrifying. I'm praying that it's not some impossible P2P event starting RIGHT NOW, no time to waste.

Link to post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220451/journey-guide-galactic-legends#latest
  • Nitsua
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    And this is what their official art looks like:

64ym2g87tgie.jpeg

So. Friggin'. HYYYYYYYPED.
  • Galactic Legend sounds like another 5* unlock shafting.
    So many are leaving over recent issues...
    Make sure to put your 1* app rating and Wampa solo in Arena on the way out. Perhaps even name change to This Is The Way.
  • Rey and Kylo are 100% not the most powerful and shouldn’t be called legends and definitely are some of the least favorite/famous characters
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It's always amusing to see people paint their fandom opinion over the reality of billion dollar making movies.
  • Gearing characters right now based on speculation is not the best idea.
    I farm the FO & resistance characters I do not have 7 * just in case and hoard gear until we know whats required.