Kit Reveal: General Hux

Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2019
Want to learn more about this character? Check out General Hux Developer Insight

UNIT NAME: General Hux
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Leader, Support, First Order
Ruthless First Order Support that can prevent enemies from counterattacking.

hlf6bzykanhl.jpg

ABILITIES:

Basic: Commanding Shot

1qo8yfgkj8jk.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and gain 25% Turn Meter. If this attack is a critical hit, General Hux gains Advantage for 2 turns if he didn't already have it.

Special 1: Oppressive Fire (Cooldown 3)

xthnbd6zi8g2.gif

FINAL TEXT: General Hux gains 10% Turn Meter. If General Hux has Advantage, he loses it and dispels all buffs from all enemies, which can't be evaded. Then, call all other First Order allies to assist, dealing 25% more damage.

Special 2: Devious Scheme (Cooldown 3)

d8eiq7s83cea.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on General Hux and target other First Order ally and grant that ally a bonus turn. If General Hux has Advantage, he loses it and resets all ability cooldowns on target ally.

Leader: Bow to the First Order

FINAL TEXT: Basic attacks of First Order allies deal 50% more damage.

General Hux gains Dominance at the start of encounter and at the start of each of his turns if he didn't already have it, which can't be dispelled or prevented. Dominance expires at the end of the turn whenever General Hux is critically hit.

Dominance: Enemies can't counterattack; First Order allies have +100% counter chance and +50% Critical Damage

Unique 1: Boundless Ambition

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) General Hux gains Advantage for 2 turns at the start of each encounter.

While General Hux has Advantage, enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Isn't this supposed to be in arena and character strategy
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Oh it's switched now
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • The text for Hux’s Devious Scheme and FOSiT’s Resurgent Power are currently the same (full team dispel, call SiT to assist if he has advantage). Is this correct?
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Looks like the devs made another easiky-avoidable whoopsie. The Dev insights, particulalry 2nd to last paragraph makes no sense. His special 2 says nothing about resetting CDs and i see no reason why he shouldnt be targeted and killed immediately.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Oppressive Fire is pretty cool under KRU lead giving all FO +20% TM and keeping the TM train going with Kylo Ren
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Hux kills Ewoks versus First Order.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    How does dominance spread to FO allies?

EDIT: never mind I see what’s going on
  • Ultra wrote: »
    How does dominance spread to FO allies?

EDIT: never mind I see what’s going on

The Force....or wait, doesn't it work that way?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • “His Special 2 allows you reset cooldowns which is a very powerful tool which could turn the tide of battle depending on who you target and when.”

Am I missing something. Where does it do this?
  • “His Special 2 allows you reset cooldowns which is a very powerful tool which could turn the tide of battle depending on who you target and when.”

Am I missing something. Where does it do this?

@CG_SBCrumb something off on either the kit or insights?
  • Aw yiss the time of the Order is at hand!

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Looks like they put (new) SiTs 2nd special in by mistake... no reason for Hux to modify sith toons. We just have to wait for them to fix a rookie mistake... but dont be too hard on them, this game did just launch last week... it was last week, right? This game hasnt been going for 4 years already, im almost certain of it... so an obvious blunder like this is perfectly understandable.
  • I think the idea is to keep Hux safe from being critically hit. Because it’s a powerful leader ability (no counter Chance is awesome!) they wanted a chance to be able to put a dent into it in regards to a non permanent counter chance.
  • It does look like they put sith trooper special on hux by mistake - but then why does sith trooper call himself to assist? Hopefully these notes are cleaned up soon.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    It does look like they put sith trooper special on hux by mistake - but then why does sith trooper call himself to assist? Hopefully these notes are cleaned up soon.

It also shows FOE attacking. I’m thinking it is supposed to be similar to Ezra’s special where he calls a target ally to attack and then assists them. Maybe.
  • CommanderMime
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The text for Hux’s Devious Scheme and FOSiT’s Resurgent Power are currently the same (full team dispel, call SiT to assist if he has advantage). Is this correct?

Except they aren't the same. I don't know if one of the kits was changed since you posted, but Resurgent Power is dispel all buffs from the enemy team, whereas Devious Scheme is dispel all debuffs from allies.

Edit: apparently I misread SiT's ability. They are in fact the same.
  • I guess I shouldn't have sold all those Crit Avoidance mods
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Wow that updated Devious Scheme is amazing
  • He seems like a better utility/support choice than FOST and FOO. That leader ability seems strong, but I don't think it will be worth taking over KRU in the leadership spot.

That unique will be great though, definitely going to slot him into my main FO team over FOST.
  • THANK YOU for adding him, he’s so beautiful and I love him!!!!!!! <3
    Been waiting 3 YEARS for him!!!!!
  • Phasma for MVP
  • MemeMaster
    332 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Hux will have to have some amazingly high speed for his leader to be justifiably used in anything other than P2 sith raid.

Also I am more than just mildly annoyed that CG seriously refuses to give FO the touches to fight any of the Revans. HUX's unique may be strong, but it's just so bland and boring and overly simplified. And quite honestly one of the easiest to counter zetas ever. His entire kit's weakness screams Jedi Revan:

- He can get focused due to taunt ignore
    - His Zeta relies on him having advantage and he can't have it with buff immunity
    - He can lose his entire power by TM removal which Jrevan offers

Literally they designed HUX specifically so that FO can get stronger but STILL not have the shred of a chance in the new meta.

EP9 Kylo better give them the defining touches because AFAIAC (As far as I am concerned) HUX only feels like a raid character addition and I wouldn't use him in Arena unless im battling non-meta enemies.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Hux is not meant to elevate FO to the next level to compete with Jedi Revan or other such meta teams, they are still missing some pieces which we all know

Hux leader is similar to Nute Gunray where it revolves around extortion and the minute Nute leaves the field, the lead is void

Shame the +50% to basic attacks is part of his leader ability, or else he would be a great addition to a second FO team under Phasma lead if it was part of unique

I think this leader will be overshadowed really soon
  • No Fleet Commander tag?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • We now know a new Kylo is coming as a Galactic Legend or whatever, maybe he's the missing piece which elevates FO.
    No Fleet Commander tag?

He needs a ship to be a fleet commander. But I do expect him to get one, and they would add the tag then.
  • Why is he a pasty-white vampire?
  • Taejang wrote: »
    Why is he a pasty-white vampire?

It's tough to get a tan in outer space.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    AFAIAC (As far as I am concerned)

d8am009x1evg.jpeg

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Hux is missing the patch on his left arm! On the gorgeous artwork anyway, I can't see if the patch is present of not in in the gifs of him fighting.