So I just got rank 1 in Fleet Arena

So today I spent time trying to climb arena. For the first time ever I got to rank 1 (with a Thrawn lead ship). I didn't think I stood a chance with all the Negotiators out there, but I did it :smiley:

Then a hour or something later I went back into the game and saw the following:uw0mzxbx2twm.png

I have no clue what they're talking about. Why is climbing a reportable offense? It's been a few hours now and the person in question hasn't responded to me so I have no clue what's going on.

Replies

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    They are claiming your fleet could not beat there’s and they are reporting you for possible cheating. If you have ever used a hack your screwed. If you haven’t keep hammering away at the “organized” shard.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    jroos100 wrote: »
    So today I spent time trying to climb arena. For the first time ever I got to rank 1 (with a Thrawn lead ship). I didn't think I stood a chance with all the Negotiators out there, but I did it :smiley:

Then a hour or something later I went back into the game and saw the following:uw0mzxbx2twm.png

I have no clue what they're talking about. Why is climbing a reportable offense? It's been a few hours now and the person in question hasn't responded to me so I have no clue what's going on.

This game is a toxic piece of crap because forcing large rewards at a rare to get to hard rank of first causes and caused people to create things called a organised shard. Basically players in your rankings that were high rated and spent a fortune on the game decided that they are the only ones worthy of 1st place because they pay for stuff. They create a wall of their best defences and take turns getting 1st place. They also don't take kindly to someone not spending as much as them and beating them fair and square to 1st place.
  • Tell them you're better than them.

• Or just reply that you have not used one and could you get into the chat to avoid hitting anyone during their payouts.
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Tell them you're better than them.

In short this... yeah just say this, I hope that CG actually properly checks cheater reports though and realise that there's no issue with what you've done
  • Sounds like a bitter shard. I'm lucky I'm in decent shards for both ships and squad. Keep taking first if you're doing it without cheats.
  • Or just reply that you have not used one and could you get into the chat to avoid hitting anyone during their payouts.

Normally I would recommend this as well, as most shard chats are useful communities that can share strategies and ideas, while also making it easier on your by lessening your chances of getting knocked back during your climb.

That said, this person seems like a toxic individual that you wouldnt want to work with at all if they immediately assumed you were cheating. Most chats are nice and welcoming, a minority of them get vilified on the forums for being made of bad people who are out to get anyone not in the chat.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Tell them that you are doing it without cheating and share your strategy.

And I hate how everyone always complains about how bad shard chats are. In my Fleet and Arena shards at least, we approach everyone in the top 25 fleet, 100 arena, and ask them to be in the shard chat. This allows you to climb unopposed during your payout and get on a rotation for the top spots. The only time we team up to take someone down, is when they hit someone in their payout more than 10 times. We always contact them first to try and get them to avoid others in their payout, but if they don't, we protect the ones that cooperate.
  • I've never cheated so I'm not worried that the devs might look into my account.

I have never been asked by someone to join a "shard chat", therefore I don't know what they even want. I've got the feeling this person Mute/Reported me already so they probably wont get my message.

Also, how is it fun to coordinate who gets which spot everyday? Doesnt that take suck the fun out of arena (not that I care too much about Ship Arena, but still)...
  • ... this seems like mafia threatening you that they are calling the police 😂😂
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    if you can't beat em, join em
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

But he beat them
  • @WarGuy101 honestly since I played the game near it's start I couldn't be bothered to try and get too close to the top spots because I'd already be screwed with missing marquees and such and as a FTP it's mostly impossible to get high in a shard. I'm surprised you convey it as a good a decent thing having the system although it makes sense since you are in one and it clearly reduces toxicity among those in the rotation.

However all that being said I have questions and thoughts about how it is good in the grand scheme... surely it is very much a wall and blockade that prevents almost everyone that could breach top 100 since you guys are taking your turns and no one wants to lose their turns in top 100? Also surely once someone breaches top 100 what happens to the person who's in the chat that was 100th at the time? Does it suddenly become a top 101 shard on rotation? How is there even a fair way to distribute turns and positions among the shard chat?

Honestly I still hate the shard system to this day and wish they'd rejig squad arena much more often to accomadate players who have been on a break and fell behind and to accomadate less players per shard because as of current you get something like 90% or more of players getting close to nothing compared to others, as you approach the 600s or more up to the 25,000 usually all these players are highly inactive or altogether not playing. The skew in rewards in squad arena itself are just bad form as it promotes only 1 can be the best everyone else should suffer and suck it up because your too far behind...
  • Fixer wrote: »
    @WarGuy101 honestly since I played the game near it's start I couldn't be bothered to try and get too close to the top spots because I'd already be screwed with missing marquees and such and as a FTP it's mostly impossible to get high in a shard. I'm surprised you convey it as a good a decent thing having the system although it makes sense since you are in one and it clearly reduces toxicity among those in the rotation.

However all that being said I have questions and thoughts about how it is good in the grand scheme... surely it is very much a wall and blockade that prevents almost everyone that could breach top 100 since you guys are taking your turns and no one wants to lose their turns in top 100? Also surely once someone breaches top 100 what happens to the person who's in the chat that was 100th at the time? Does it suddenly become a top 101 shard on rotation? How is there even a fair way to distribute turns and positions among the shard chat?

Honestly I still hate the shard system to this day and wish they'd rejig squad arena much more often to accomadate players who have been on a break and fell behind and to accomadate less players per shard because as of current you get something like 90% or more of players getting close to nothing compared to others, as you approach the 600s or more up to the 25,000 usually all these players are highly inactive or altogether not playing. The skew in rewards in squad arena itself are just bad form as it promotes only 1 can be the best everyone else should suffer and suck it up because your too far behind...

I don't think it's a perfect system, but I think it is better than the alternative, which is a FFA in which everyone loses. I am FTP, and the only way I am able to take top 5 is because of the shard chat. I usually ask people to move other people into my max jump that I can beat or people voluntarily switch to JKR to help me climb. I think that the shard system is a bad system, but shard chats are making the best of a bad system.

And regarding what we do when people make their way up, 1 of 2 things happen.

1, if they are willing to cooperate, they join the rotation. Which means that for example I have 6 people in my PO, so we alternate who gets 1st. If someone is not able to climb that day, they just let the next person in the rotation know and they take 1st instead.

2. If they are not willing to cooperate, and they hit others in their PO, then they get put on the "hit list", which means any extra battles should be used on them. But we always offer them a spot first and they choose not to take it.

I realize not every shard is like this, but the majority I have seen are.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Goku_Black wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

But he beat them

sure, once, at his payout (maybe? not clear). And I assume he used a bunch of crystals if he never made it there before and spent "some time."
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I would tag one of the devs in this post, just in case, organised shards who don't allow fair play should be the ones to get banned
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you didnt cheat, then you have nothing to worry about.

Join the chat, dont join that chat. That's a personal choice. It can't be a bad idea to at least reach out and see if you can get a listing to avoid others on your climb.
This discussion has been closed.