Speculation for New Galactic Legends Unlock Requirements

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Oh nice, after the stupid hard epic confrontations and impossible tb here comes a whole new event type with unknown requirements. I have a bad feeling about this.
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Who cares about galactic legends. Who cares about Rey and kylo ren. The only people who think they're legends is Disney. Disney already messed up the skywalker saga and now CG is just forcing another cash grab down our throats with 2 characters nobody even likes let alone thinks they're legends. This game only saddens me with every new update. I can't take much more of the greed. Bf2 was the bad guy in star wars gaming but now swgoh has run away with that title and bf2 has course corrected itself. Dice will continue on and CG won't unless they change their greedy ways.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That is all
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    That's gonna be first legendary Marquees, lol)))
    I think both Hux and Sith Trooper are gonna be requirements and both are gonna be Marquee characters.
    And with Journey Guide you can unlock characters whenever you have all required 7*
  • Expect the worst, then be pleasantly surprised if it's not that. Simple.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm gonna just not worry about it since nobody here has any real info and they'll tell us at some point.

Wild, I know.

Church!
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    Zero star unlock and you will be able to buy three legend packs per day, one for 50 crystals with 1 shards and one for 100 crystals for two shards and one for 150 crystals for three shards....kryo for all six slots in each equipment level necessary...but not usable in geo battles as you need 50 of them in platoons
  • I feel like if they are going to be 5* unlocks it means we will get a new store OR it could go into GAC and require kyber league status. We already have a ton of characters in GET.
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    So it seems they are badging this as some sort of pinnacle for a certain character, I think one of the requirements will be all versions of a character at a certain level (G12 or a relic level 7?). Maybe it's just a coincidence, that these two have other version's of themselves, but i think add it in with the Talk about ROTJ Luke and how they want to build to have him as super powerful i think this is a way to go that'll mean you have to go out of your way to collect a bunch of other characters.

So the ROS Rey you will need JTR and Scavenger.
    ROS Ren - unmasked and kylo Ren.

This leaves scope for things like ROTJ Luke, and Legend versions of Chewie/Han/Leia/Palaptine/Anakin/Kenobi, making you collect every version of a character before getting the "legend". And the journey guide, will highlight the paths to all the versions.

• That sounds reasonable Ally.
    Maybe they take us through a much longer journey. Of course other character will be required for each-
    I am OK with these two being the first - others will follow.
  • A regular journey would unlock at 7 stars...these legendary will come out at 5 I am guessing. Instead of finishing off with MKs I would rather a returning event every so many months with an extra tier each time at a harder difficulty. That would control the speed with which we could star as well as garnering gearing revenue each time. Would counter hoarding of tokens at least and keep us from along behind a hoarder.
  • I guess it will be easy. We can unlock them at 3* with R9 characters, than we can quickly collect the rest with GET3.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    All FO and resistance characters at relic level 7 gets you a 5 star unlock. Then you need 100k GET 1 to go to 6* and 100k GET 2 to go to 7*.

Once you have them, starting at gear level 1, the 3 pieces on the left side are stun guns and the three pieces on the right side are kyrotech for the first 11 gear levels. Gear 12 requires+ requires double furnaces and the g13 finisher also requires a furnace.
  • Jedi Master Rey Skywalker and Jedi Knight Ben Solo. Rey is a Mary Sue, so it's almost guaranteed she'll be OP in game. You'll have to whale out of control to even hope to unlock either one while they're still meta.
  • Who cares about galactic legends. Who cares about Rey and kylo ren. The only people who think they're legends is Disney. Disney already messed up the skywalker saga and now CG is just forcing another cash grab down our throats with 2 characters nobody even likes let alone thinks they're legends. This game only saddens me with every new update. I can't take much more of the greed. Bf2 was the bad guy in star wars gaming but now swgoh has run away with that title and bf2 has course corrected itself. Dice will continue on and CG won't unless they change their greedy ways.

Chill out bro.

Not like Disney could do any worse than the horrific prequels. All the Disney SW flicks are exponentially better.
  • Who cares about galactic legends. Who cares about Rey and kylo ren. The only people who think they're legends is Disney. Disney already messed up the skywalker saga and now CG is just forcing another cash grab down our throats with 2 characters nobody even likes let alone thinks they're legends. This game only saddens me with every new update. I can't take much more of the greed. Bf2 was the bad guy in star wars gaming but now swgoh has run away with that title and bf2 has course corrected itself. Dice will continue on and CG won't unless they change their greedy ways.

Chill out bro.

Not like Disney could do any worse than the horrific prequels. All the Disney SW flicks are exponentially better.

Hahaha, I whole heartedly disagree. But, by saying exponentially better, you're saying Force Awakens was better than the prequels and The Last Jedi was even better than that? They looked good visually, but story wise TLJ was trash.
  • One word, Ewoks. Still dont know why you OT guys give them a pass and hate on the rest of the saga. I cant take anyones opinion on Star Wars seriously that give them a pass. Sorry.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kilo_Ren wrote: »
    Who cares about galactic legends. Who cares about Rey and kylo ren. The only people who think they're legends is Disney. Disney already messed up the skywalker saga and now CG is just forcing another cash grab down our throats with 2 characters nobody even likes let alone thinks they're legends. This game only saddens me with every new update. I can't take much more of the greed. Bf2 was the bad guy in star wars gaming but now swgoh has run away with that title and bf2 has course corrected itself. Dice will continue on and CG won't unless they change their greedy ways.

Chill out bro.

Hahaha, I whole heartedly disagree. But, by saying exponentially better, you're saying Force Awakens was better than the prequels and The Last Jedi was even better than that? They looked good visually, but story wise TLJ was trash.

You can say you dislike TLJ. You are wrong, but that is your opinion.

To say it is worse than the prequels is nucking futs.
  • Putting more characters in the get stores .... really helping the gear crunch by never being able to buy gear from those stores.
  • Going off of what we know about CG, we know that they like for the whales to have there investments protected. This means that they probably don’t want to make them mad by releasing a new, over powered character, (or two) or if they do, at least not so close to the release of general Skywalker.

But, at the same time, this new style of event is most likely going to be something completely different than anything we’ve ever seen, and the same can be reasoned for the characters which they will be releasing. The characters will most likely be very powerful, at least as powerful as a typical legendary character, and perhaps as powerful as someone like malak, Darth revan, or General Skywalker.

Based off of both of these facts, that the devs want to protect the investments of the higher level players, and that they want to make these new characters powerful, I think that they will release both the new Rey and kylo (and the other characters to come later) as very powerful and maybe even a little bit broken. But, they won’t do so immediately, at least not in the way we are used to. The devs May choose to release them as long term events (single player of course) that the player must complete over a long period of time. After all, we have been asking for more content outside of grand arena and the mess that is geonosis. Perhaps these events, and the other ones to come, will provide that for the community, and, at the same time, allow the developers to please the whales whose money the rely on so dearly.

This is all of course, speculation. And of course, for my speculation to work within the guidelines I have set out, the devs would also have to make a way for the whales to somehow skip a lot of this time spent on unlocking these characters. For this scenario to work, it would mean I was wrong about the devs, at least partially. But, I think my logic mostly still applies here. I think the developers will some how find a way to drag this event out. I could also be wrong about everything (it wouldn’t be the first time) and the devs could be teasing something very far in the future; but either way, I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Chill out bro.

I personally think TLJ has absolutely no redeeming factors whatsoever, aside from perhaps its admittedly spectacular cinematography. I personally am indifferent to it from a political standpoint, as that is neither here nor there, but I feel like the greatest downfall of TLJ and TFA to an extent is their inability to convey meaning in their characters. Nothing felt meaningful or earned in any of those movies, nothing was explained, and nothing was used to its fullest extent. All I see on those movies is unearned notariety and wasted potential.

I see these things in the prequels to an extent, but at the very least the prequels has spectacularly choreographed fight scenes, which neither sequel movies can boast. Rey vs Kylo is average, luke vs Kylo is a joke, and the praetorian guard fight, while visually stunning with the colors and such, is a trainwreck. (Also there’s the fact that the best fight is Finn vs TR8R, where one wasn’t even a relevant character) Go back and watch a video analyzing it (the praetorian fight), there are scenes where the guards have a clear shot and don’t take it, or when they have a weapon one second and no weapon the next. There’s also the fact that there are no real lightsaber duels in TLJ, and that that same movie did nothing at all with Luke, snoke, hux, phasma, poe, or Finn, and actually made most of those characters worse, at least in my opinion (although I don’t know why anyone would like them more now than how they were in previous media).

Either way, this discussion is not meant for this thread. I will happily expand on the topic in another thread dedicated to it, but this isn’t the place. My final verdict, though, is that the prequels are better than TLJ (except maybe phantom menace individually, but not the prequels as a whole (and I haven’t even discussed meme potential yet))
  • We'll probably need 7 star Hux and Sith Trooper with G13 to unlock these at 5 stars.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    If it’s linked to the journey guide maybe they ’ll require you get all the other legendary characters first. They would be some kind of end of journey characters. Obviously that would only be one of the requirements... There would be some more « whaly » ones attached to the event too.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Kilo_Ren wrote: »

Chill out bro.

I personally think TLJ has absolutely no redeeming factors whatsoever, aside from perhaps its admittedly spectacular cinematography. I personally am indifferent to it from a political standpoint, as that is neither here nor there, but I feel like the greatest downfall of TLJ and TFA to an extent is their inability to convey meaning in their characters. Nothing felt meaningful or earned in any of those movies, nothing was explained, and nothing was used to its fullest extent. All I see on those movies is unearned notariety and wasted potential.

I see these things in the prequels to an extent, but at the very least the prequels has spectacularly choreographed fight scenes, which neither sequel movies can boast. Rey vs Kylo is average, luke vs Kylo is a joke, and the praetorian guard fight, while visually stunning with the colors and such, is a trainwreck. (Also there’s the fact that the best fight is Finn vs TR8R, where one wasn’t even a relevant character) Go back and watch a video analyzing it (the praetorian fight), there are scenes where the guards have a clear shot and don’t take it, or when they have a weapon one second and no weapon the next. There’s also the fact that there are no real lightsaber duels in TLJ, and that that same movie did nothing at all with Luke, snoke, hux, phasma, poe, or Finn, and actually made most of those characters worse, at least in my opinion (although I don’t know why anyone would like them more now than how they were in previous media).

Either way, this discussion is not meant for this thread. I will happily expand on the topic in another thread dedicated to it, but this isn’t the place. My final verdict, though, is that the prequels are better than TLJ (except maybe phantom menace individually, but not the prequels as a whole (and I haven’t even discussed meme potential yet))

It had no lightsaber duels so it is bad?

This is why kids don’t review movies.

Look at character development (Poe going from a reckless hero to a leader) and character depth (Kylo struggling with the light and the dark).

TLJ didn’t explain everything? TLJ wasn’t supposed to explain everything. It is the 2nd if a trilogy.

Childish arguments.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I have no inside information here (i.e. I haven't read anything online or seen the released script) so purely speculation, but
    If Kylo ends up being redeemed/saved by Rey in the movie, maybe we will get a Jedi Knight Kylo and Jedi Master Rey?!

Very excited about this and the Journey Guide in general, but also apprehensive about how we're going to unlock/ 7 * them. I imagine it will be incredibly difficult, but I like the idea of having to complete a series of always available quests to do it

Basically its where Last Jedi left them. And its not a spoiler for kylo due to merchandise. Rey perhaps would be a spoiler... see below

Its supreme leader kylo ren as thats the name of the red scar mask... as shown by star wars triple force friday merch and what he declared in Last Jedi.

91oegrvtk25z.jpg

Now rey is a mystery as shes not labeled anything new in the new outfit.

lt3cr8648vsl.jpg

• Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Kilo_Ren wrote: »

Chill out bro.

It had no lightsaber duels so it is bad?

This is why kids don’t review movies.

Look at character development (Poe going from a reckless hero to a leader) and character depth (Kylo struggling with the light and the dark).

TLJ didn’t explain everything? TLJ wasn’t supposed to explain everything. It is the 2nd if a trilogy.

Childish arguments.

I used lightsaber duels in addition to several other reasons, so choose to address what you like. But come on, this is Star Wars, and a main saga addition at that. Literally every Star Wars movie has at least one lightsaber duel (of varying quality) and so it would be nice to see even just one. As for poe’s “Development” he never started off as a reckless hero, he was made into one at the beginning of TLJ and only had his “arc” to try and add some “depth” when there was no need for it or any logical explanation for it in the first place (like Finn and rose’s kiss scene).

I will admit though, I do actually think they did a good job with kylo, and I may be treating the movie’s lack of explanation a bit harshly considering I haven’t seen the entire trilogy... but at the same time, I don’t know if I ever complained about lacking explanations in my previous post... and looking back on it, I didn’t.

One other thing that must have slipped my mind in my previous post is how the prequels and the sequels use pre existing, OT characters. For the prequels, everyone knows Anakin was a mess, but as for most of the other characters, they were done rather well, I would think at least. Obi wan was consistently one of the best characters in the prequels and had some actual growth and development through out it. Yoda was written rather well (whether you think the fight scenes with him were good or not) and so was palpatine (although some scenes with him were a bit shakey). As for other characters like 3po, r2, Chewie, etc, they weren’t very relevant in the prequels but they were nonetheless used and represented sufficiently. At the very least, you can say that the prequels used pre existing characters to a good extent.

I don’t think the same can be said for TLJ. Let’s look at where the OT characters are now, shall we? Han and Chewie were great, for the one episode the duo was in. Chewie is still awesome, but it isn’t the same without han. (And I know Disney couldn’t control Harrison Ford) leia has done nothing at all, and with one movie left I don’t know what she can do. 3po and r2 might as well be non existent, admiral ackbar’s death was as meaningful as his presence in both movies, and Luke, well, that’s a separate discussion. I don’t know what might compel someone to believe that Luke is actually done well in TLJ, but I’d love to hear it.

Chill out bro.

The sequels story is mostly a copy/paste from the OT with a much slower first 3/4 on TLJ than ep2 had with TLJ having disappointing last 1/4 of the movie when ep2’s wasn’t bad. Basically TFA was a poor copy of a new hope and TLJ was a poor copy across between ep2 and empire strikes back and I assume ep9 will end up the same especially after seeing the script leak.