The Mandalorian Kit - MILD SPOILERS

KalHorn
102 posts Member
edited December 2019
Made this for fun today for my guild but thought it actually has some really neat elements I would love to see in game.

Kit reveal for Dyn Jarren:
Deadly attacker with Mandalorian synergy that specializes in preventing revives.

Tags: Light side, attacker, BH, Scoundrel, Mandalorian (Boba, Jango, Gar Saxon, Imp Super Commando, Canderous and Sabine also get Mandalorian tags)

Basic - Quick Draw: Deal special damage to target and reduce cooldown of Disintegrations.

Special 1 - Whistling Birds (cooldown 3): Deal special damage to all enemies, ignoring Armor and inflicting stagger, this attack can’t be evaded, resisted or countered.

Special 2 - Disintegrations (cooldown 10):
Instantly defeat target character and they cannot be revived.

Leader - This is the Way:
Mandalorian and BH allies have 25% counter chance and 50% defense penetration. Mandalorian allies start with Bounty Hunter’s resolve.
Contract: Defeat an enemy with an attack that prevents revives. Only Mandalorians and BH can contribute to the contract.
Reward: All Mandalorians gain 100% defense. All Mandalorians and BH gain Bounty Hunter’s resolve. All kills by allies with Bounty Hunters resolve prevent revives. All BH have their payouts activated.

Unique 1 - Come with me Warm or Cold: Dyn starts with BH resolve and 10% bonus offense, defense, Health and protection for each Mandalorian ally.
Whenever attacked with a basic ability during an enemy units turn, Dyn has a 50% chance of countering PRIOR to being attacked (zeta).

Unique 2 - Trust in the Baby Yoda.
Dyn summons Baby Yoda with him at start of battle. Baby Yoda cannot take a turn, be targeted or take damage. He performs distractingly adorable actions throughout the battle. The first time Dyn would be defeated by an attack, Dyn is instead reduced to 1% health. Then Baby Yoda stuns the attacking character for 1 turn and Dyn counters with double crit damage and a guaranteed crit hit that ignores crit immunity buff and abilities.

Dyn Jarren’s payout: Dyn has 50% additional counter chance to attacks as well as 50% additional counter chance PRIOR to being attacked by an enemy basic ability on their turn.
Post edited by KalHorn on

Replies

• This would have great synergy with the Fetts and Dyn getting double leadership bonus as BH and Mandalorians. Also Gar and Commando get counter and low opponent TM synergy
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Canderous is Mandalorian. Fetts are not.
  • Good point on Canderous. I know the Fetts may not technically be Mandalorian but they are the original “Mandalorians”
  • Counter attacking Canderous would be fun.
  • Glad we have baby yoda in the game.
  • See above comment. They (Boba specifically) are what launched our interest in Mandalorians. Is there a canon source identifying Jango as Not Mandalorian?
  • KalHorn wrote: »
    See above comment. They (Boba specifically) are what launched our interest in Mandalorians. Is there a canon source identifying Jango as Not Mandalorian?

The Clone Wars show. According to the Mandalorian prime minister Almec "Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter. How he acquired that armor is beyond me."

Of course it's possible that he was simply embarrassed to be associated with an assassin like Jango. Especially since the New Mandalorian government was all about pacifism and a radical departure from Mandalore's warlike past.

Plus, Jango claimed to have been born on the partically destroyed Concord Dawn, a less peaceful place than the Mandalorian homeworld and the birth place of other Mandalorian bounty hunters such as Rako Hardeen. So in the end, Sebek is right that we still don't know anything for certain.
  • There you have it, Jango is possibly (likely) an actual Mandalorian (the Fett name goes back all the way to the Old Republic). Then Boba would also be a Mandalorian, at least from a certain point of view.