How does the Darth malak event work?

From what I completely understand for this event is that all required toons need to be at a particular galactic power to be allowed access to the mission. However what threw me off about it was when i tried it for the first time I immediately had access to the dark side portion of the event. Normally I'm used to doing the events in linear format where the first phase starts on the left and you work your way to the right as you progress. My mission, zaalbar and t3 aren't at the required power level so obviously I wasn't able to participate in that one but my question is do I have to complete both light and dark side portions of the event to begin buying his shards from guild event shop?

Replies

• Yes, you need both parts.
  • Ok thanks for confirming. The whole getting immediate access to the dark side portion of the event without the need to do the light side part seemed confusing.
  • I know I tried doing the dark side event once and got obliterated. So I'm going all out on my old republic toons with full zeta skills all mods sliced and gear 13 with at least relic level 4 to get by. Thankfully most of my toons are already close to gear 13 so I've got my work cut out.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    I know I tried doing the dark side event once and got obliterated. So I'm going all out on my old republic toons with full zeta skills all mods sliced and gear 13 with at least relic level 4 to get by. Thankfully most of my toons are already close to gear 13 so I've got my work cut out.

G12 is enough. You should look for videos with strategy advice. That helped me. Strategy is really important here.
  • Basicly you wait 2 years to get him. then you only get a 5☆ then another 2 yearsto 7☆ him!
  • Basicly you wait 2 years to get him. then you only get a 5☆ then another 2 yearsto 7☆ him!

If you weren't smart enough to save GET. With all this time since his first release, there is no reason not to have enough saved other than choosing to spend it on something else, or willfill ignorance.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Basicly you wait 2 years to get him. then you only get a 5☆ then another 2 yearsto 7☆ him!

If you weren't smart enough to save GET. With all this time since his first release, there is no reason not to have enough saved other than choosing to spend it on something else, or willfill ignorance.

Save GET? What a notion... I'm still getting HODA to 7*, as he'd never been a priority for me
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Basicly you wait 2 years to get him. then you only get a 5☆ then another 2 yearsto 7☆ him!

Save GET? What a notion... I'm still getting HODA to 7*, as he'd never been a priority for me

Key word: priority