answer to TB rotations is not answer to the question that was asked

Replies

• ShawDou wrote: »
    Well since they are going to push LS again => actively not running DS TB this month than i think everyone just got their answer without them answering.

It's late - give @CG_SBCrumb a chance to respond. It's likely too late to alter course for the December schedule, but January has yet to be posted. If the schedule is the same (with the same pairing (LS Geno/LS Hoth, DS Geno/DS Hoth and no options for guilds to select something more tailored towards their current progression) in January with no follow-up here, then we can get fully ****. Until then, give them a chance to communicate and adjust.

We as a community must always give them the benefit of the doubt, even if they may not seem to deserve it. Good will flows both ways...
  • Soooooo where is their response?
  • Soooooo what is their response???
  • I guess we will never know
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Soooooo what is their response???
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Well since they are going to push LS again => actively not running DS TB this month than i think everyone just got their answer without them answering.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Can we get a follow up here please?

If we see progression of TB difficulty as:
    1: LS Hoth
    2: DS Hoth
    3: DS Geo
    4: LS Geo

It really does behoove y’all to allow for a natural progression for guilds to move from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3 to 3 and 4. As of now, we’re stuck doing 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 or or 3 and 4. (Or, I guess, 2 and 4, but that’s the most head scratching choice of all). Nobody is asking to run all TB’s at once or for more rewards, just for the chance the two middle difficulties, and have a progression appropriate option at every level.
  • Bump for the crickets
  • No kidding. Need follow-up here.
  • It'll come.....imagining they have been busy as of late
  • I guess we will never know

It appears that way indeed......
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey folks, apologies. I couldn't get a solid answer today for this but I've covered their desk in sticky notes to remind them Monday. Sorry for the run around

Thursday it still be like
    wZcE7X8.jpg
  • You know, if he'd just answered the question during the Q&A instead of talking nonsense, then it wouldn't look so bad that he's continuing to not answer the question now.
  • DRD1812 wrote: »
    You know, if he'd just answered the question during the Q&A instead of talking nonsense, then it wouldn't look so bad that he's continuing to not answer the question now.

It looks like they misinterpreted the question, not intentionally obfuscated the answer.
  • Yes, what happended was the original question in the Q & A was not understood and mis-answered. This thread was then made and Crumb subsequently responded that they did miss understand the question and that they were going to re-address it.

I am not surprised that we have not heard back yet because of the Journey Guide and new FO toons dropping and the hiccups associated with them.

However, @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat can we please get a follow-up by tomorrow? I imagine the amount of follow-up post-it notes are quite large by now. ;)
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    DRD1812 wrote: »
    You know, if he'd just answered the question during the Q&A instead of talking nonsense, then it wouldn't look so bad that he's continuing to not answer the question now.

It looks like they misinterpreted the question, not intentionally obfuscated the answer.
    Maybe. The thing is, the question that was asked was very straightforward and the answer that was given was so contrived I have no idea what question they thought they were answering.

• DRD1812 wrote: »

I remember reading the question and thinking yes, great question, then read the response and thought, what TH were they reading? Pretty straight forward question, not sure how it could be interpreted another way.
  • Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    DRD1812 wrote: »

I remember reading the question and thinking yes, great question, then read the response and thought, what TH were they reading? Pretty straight forward question, not sure how it could be interpreted another way.

To be fair to CG on this one, they have been pelted with questions/requests for running 2 TBs concurrently since DS Geno was released (and even before then), so they probably (incorrectly) assumed the question was just another one of those when they skimmed it during the Q&A session. In hindsight, they should have read the question a bit closer before responding, but it happens.

That said, hopefully 2 good outcomes come of this:
    1. CG reads the Q&A questions a bit more closely instead of a brief skim and making assumptions of what is being asked.
    2. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat follow through as promised and update us with the proper answer now that the actual question has been clarified.
  • Last update from devs posted on December 6.... Eta for actual answer... December 33
  • Big oof, let's hope for a real answer.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Last update from devs posted on December 6.... Eta for actual answer... December 33

...or in August?
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey folks, apologies. I couldn't get a solid answer today for this but I've covered their desk in sticky notes to remind them Monday. Sorry for the run around

@CG_SBCrumb Any word? Is the entire office now one large sticky note covered mess? Did you take a picture of the note trail you left behind?

• Have to assume at this point that there won't be an answer until after they see how much of a trainwreck this instance of Geo LSTB will be.
  • Cali lunches man...... they take forever
  • Ohhh of course he meant a week from Monday!!!
  • @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_TopHat, even an acknowledgement that you have not forgotten about this would be nice. Even a firm denial is better than not knowing if you are considering changing it or not.
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    I had been excited about the actual communication from @CG_SBCrumb that wasn't part of a dev. announcement, update or scripted dev. post. Sad to see the week go by with silence.
This discussion has been closed.