Republic Offensive or Hoth?

Prev1
What's your guild doing? Please share your guild gp. We are 170 gp guild and can't make a decision.

Replies

• We're a 227 GP guild and overwhelmingly voted to do the Hoth raid. I voted for LS Geo. Guess people found it too demoralizing that we're a strong guild but barely finished any combat waves.
  • We're a 220Mio GP Guild an choosed to switch between Hoth and LS Geo. But ia gree the LS Geo is extremly demoralizing
  • 190 Mio GM Hoth
  • 200 mil GP, almost unanimously Geo with a Hoth every 4 TBs. The gear and GET 2 is worth it and doing Hoth every 4 TBs will still allow people to beat up on something and keep morale up.
  • The better question is, does your guild want GET2 or not?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Yeah, the rewards for 5-10 stars on LS Geo are better than Hoth at 45 stars because you have to rack up that GET2 and g12 salvage, both of which are much more plentiful on LS Geo even at low stars.

We're 220M+ (I don't remember exactly and things have been crazy lately with the GP-display bug anyway). We don't have a serious hope of increasing our star count through victory in battle - what we earn through deployments is pretty much all we're going to get.

That said, if you could sim HSTR or manually play Rancor, which would you do?

It's demoralizing if you go in thinking that you're supposed to win any of the actual battles. If you go in thinking it's like a raid sim, just deploy your toons and wait for your rewards to show up in your in-box, then it's fine.

We're taking that latter approach: everyone is expected to deploy, but there's no nagging about getting in battle attempts and no penalty if you don't try.

Theoretically it might be more fun to play content for lesser rewards, but goodness gracious, at 220M+ no one in our guild would be seriously playing any of the LS Hoth content until at best day 5, and quite a number of us wouldn't have to take it off auto until day 6 special missions.

You'll have to decide for yourselves, but we don't see the LS Hoth as enough of a challenge during regular play. A few of us don't have well-developed Rogue 1 teams, so there's a challenge on day6, but even there we don't actually need to finish all the waves on that mission to get 45 stars, so the challenge isn't meaningful - and again, it's only for a few minutes on one day.

So we don't see that we're going to get much extra fun in exchange for the rewards we give up by not "playing" LS Geo.

With not much fun to be had in either game mode, we're going with the rare rewards - GET2 and g12 salvage - over a bit of interest on day6 that ultimately doesn't even change our star count.

If I were in a 170M gp guild, I'd still go LS Geo, but I admit that at that level your combat success on day 6 still matters, so there's at least some meaningful game play to be had.

Whether 1-2 days of challenge for your members is worth lesser rewards is really the tradeoff you're considering. (As long as you can deal with the demoralization problem by changing your expectations to mere deployment, similar to simming rancor)
  • We're doing Hoth but doing a trade of members with another guild that's doing Geo for those who want to do Geo for this run.

We decided to do Hoth just once to get a little boost of GET1, and let everyone else be the beta testers.

Kinda sad that this is even a discussion for guilds above 200mil. CG really is doing themselves dirty making content people don't want to play.
  • @Tanzos
    CG really is doing themselves dirty making content people don't want to play.

This.
  • 230 mill.
    LS Geo TB.
    No doubts or questions.
    We're happy to be beta testers, just don't expect us to share results 😉
  • 236 million GP - 50/50 split.

Some people are saying:
    • I want get1 for malak
    • I want get2 for nego
    • I want the hoth 45 star achievement
    • LS geo is not fun, nothing to do but deploy
    • Hoth is boring, I just auto
    • I want to have fun
    • I am fine either way. Just happy to have a good group to run TB with.
    • I haven't done a LS Hoth for around 6 months. I'm cool either way.
    All the usual arguments for and against.

Our choice for TBs really should have been...
    • LS Hoth vs DS Geo
    • DS Hoth vs LS Geo
  • 169 million gp

Geo

Doing hoth will put you hopelessly behind. If you can pull even 1* you should be doing ls geo for the GET2. This isn't what the devs intended but they obviously don't play the same game as the rest of us. If you think lsgeo is demoralizing it will be twice as demoralizing when you are fighting any of the new ship metas without one yourself.
  • 169 million gp

Geo

Doing hoth will put you hopelessly behind. If you can pull even 1* you should be doing ls geo for the GET2. This isn't what the devs intended but they obviously don't play the same game as the rest of us. If you think lsgeo is demoralizing it will be twice as demoralizing when you are fighting any of the new ship metas without one yourself.

Exactly.

Just spend 6 days deploying
  • 225+ guild, going back to Hoth. There's no better time to get the achievement done, later we will be strong enough to get a good competition in LS Geo so it's now or never.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Our choice for TBs really should have been...
    • LS Hoth vs DS Geo
    • DS Hoth vs LS Geo

That would've been great. Not many have gotten 48* in DS Hoth. Not to mention those quests no one can do now...
  • 262m doing geo without argument.
  • Should be doing Offensive. It’s frustrating, but the rewards are better even at 4-5 stars. Plus, how can they get metrics if people refuse to participate? Only the guilds that “should” be doing it will do it, meaning the data will be skewed towards them, making it harder in the long run.

It’s tempting to pout and throw a fit, it probably even feels good. But it’s not helping anyone. You’re cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Zhil_Axfow23
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    If you do Hoth and the cancel the TB again due to them not fixing the problem do you get Geo rewards?
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    NicWester wrote: »
    Should be doing Offensive. It’s frustrating, but the rewards are better even at 4-5 stars. Plus, how can they get metrics if people refuse to participate? Only the guilds that “should” be doing it will do it, meaning the data will be skewed towards them, making it harder in the long run.

It’s tempting to pout and throw a fit, it probably even feels good. But it’s not helping anyone. You’re cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Not participating is a metric. One that probably matters quite a bit. Imagine if literally no one participated in Geo, that would be a pretty big metric of what they put out. Not saying that will happen, and we're not doing Hoth for that reason, it's more the extra GET1 and Shard Shop currency while watching everyone else get frustrated.

Oh and like 300 extra crystals.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Plus, how can they get metrics if people refuse to participate?

People refusing to participate IS a metric. The worst part of LSGeo is that it is unfun and demoralizing. It's worthwhile that CG learns that matters to its players.

Our vote is split right now, with Hoth holding a slight edge. We really want get2, but really hate that TB. It comes down to whether you care more about get2 and developing your roster, or having fun (even smashing face on auto is some fun).

If we do stay with Hoth, we'll go back to geo next time and probably stay there. I voted geo, but I'm willing to lose a half month of progress for guild morale. I am not however willing to make that sacrifice every month indefinitely.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »

People refusing to participate IS a metric. The worst part of LSGeo is that it is unfun and demoralizing. It's worthwhile that CG learns that matters to its players.

Our vote is split right now, with Hoth holding a slight edge. We really want get2, but really hate that TB. It comes down to whether you care more about get2 and developing your roster, or having fun (even smashing face on auto is some fun).

If we do stay with Hoth, we'll go back to geo next time and probably stay there. I voted geo, but I'm willing to lose a half month of progress for guild morale. I am not however willing to make that sacrifice every month indefinitely.

How is just deploying and showing no progress on missions different?

I get my GET2, they notice its still not possible
  • I feel that if the first wave was beatable by g12 squads we wouldn't be having this conversation.
  • 166M GP guild. We are doing Hoth.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »

Refusing to participate is a metric inasmuch a dumb metric is still, technically, a metric.

Refusing to participate sends the message “Make it easier.” Which is a valid message, but not exactly an actionable one. How much easier? For whom? What number of stars should people expect at what guild gp levels? Are a couple mobs overperforming or are all of them overperforming? If the difficulty goes down then what are the appropriate rewards for the newer, easier event?

You’re asking them to fix it but then not telling them what “it” is that needs to be fixed and helping to ensure that when the revised and retuned version comes out that it won’t meet your expectations because you didn’t bother to tell them what your expectations even are.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • 225M GP
    We're doing Geo.
  • 236 million GP - 50/50 split.

Our choice for TBs really should have been...
    • LS Hoth vs DS Geo
    • DS Hoth vs LS Geo

+1
  • 175M and doing Hoth. We will miss the GET2, but the morale was really low during Geo. We want everyone to have fun, be creative with their teams and do whatever is fun for them. See if CG fixed all their bugs and if Geo is any easier.
  • 196 Mil going Hoth Purely for GET 1.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Keydash1 wrote: »

Refusing to participate is a metric inasmuch a dumb metric is still, technically, a metric.

Refusing to participate sends the message “Make it easier.” Which is a valid message, but not exactly an actionable one. How much easier? For whom? What number of stars should people expect at what guild gp levels? Are a couple mobs overperforming or are all of them overperforming? If the difficulty goes down then what are the appropriate rewards for the newer, easier event?

You’re asking them to fix it but then not telling them what “it” is that needs to be fixed and helping to ensure that when the revised and retuned version comes out that it won’t meet your expectations because you didn’t bother to tell them what your expectations even are.

They have the metrics from phase 1 of the first failed tb. They have the feedback from a ton of people complaining about the difficulty and the answer from top hat was "If there is a problem (your example is mass exodus) we will intervene and make changes"

So, it seems like if you want it to be easier, then the only answer is to not participate and give them that metric.
  • everyone’s morale is going to be really low when they take twice as long to unlock malevolence/negotiator and farm g13. Hoth is a bad choice if you’re just doing it out of protest.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    How is just deploying and showing no progress on missions different?

I get my GET2, they notice its still not possible

I agree that failed missions is a better metric than skipped missions, if the goal is to get them to retune. But skipping still sends a message.
    Refusing to participate sends the message “Make it easier.” Which is a valid message, but not exactly an actionable one. <snip>

The message I'd like to send is that releasing new content that is unplayable is not acceptable. What they've released is about as much fun as adding a button which says "if everyone in your guild hits this button 4 times in 6 days, we dispense 4000 tokens". But actually it's worse than that, because they cut a playable TB, cut Wat farming in half, drastically reduced get2 income, and just for fun, give your roster a kick in the nuts.

This TB would be 100 times better if folks could clear a few combat waves. They could even have higher point thresholds so the rewards were the same as we're getting now.

It's tough to send CG a specific message when we tell them in their Q&A that the combat is ridiculous and unfun, and their response is git gud and we'll only think of changing it if enough people quit.